Time - Hours and Minutes

I need to enter negative time value (hour and minutes) in a table 
calculating tides for secondary ports, for example 13:00 hours minus a 
negative value such as 00:15 hours, i.e., 13:00 - (-00:15).  Excell will not 
allow negative time entry, is there any other way?

Appreciate your assistance
Regards
Mark Zak 


0
markzak (3)
2/17/2005 12:13:13 AM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

4 Replies
357 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 47

Tools>options>calculation and 1904 date system will allow you to do 
calculations that return negative time. Note that all dates created earlier 
will have 1462 days added to them
To convert back put 1462 in an empty cell, copy it, select the dates and do 
edit>paste special
and select subtract

-- 


Regards,

Peo Sjoblom


"Mark Zak" <markzak@barzak.com> wrote in message 
news:tkRQd.163830$K7.75893@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>I need to enter negative time value (hour and minutes) in a table 
>calculating tides for secondary ports, for example 13:00 hours minus a 
>negative value such as 00:15 hours, i.e., 13:00 - (-00:15).  Excell will 
>not allow negative time entry, is there any other way?
>
> Appreciate your assistance
> Regards
> Mark Zak
> 


0
terre081 (3244)
2/17/2005 12:32:40 AM
Appreciate your promt responce. I am still unable to enter negative values,
for example  negative hours:minutes (-00:15).  I need to calculate time 
differences
in relation to tide levels and need to input, say 13:00 (hours:minutes) 
minus
negative value, say -00:15 (hours:minutes) to arrive at 12:45. Excel will 
not accept negative hours:minutes data entry

Any thoughts ?
Thanking in anticipation
Mark Zak



"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:Ovt2vgIFFHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Tools>options>calculation and 1904 date system will allow you to do 
> calculations that return negative time. Note that all dates created 
> earlier will have 1462 days added to them
> To convert back put 1462 in an empty cell, copy it, select the dates and 
> do edit>paste special
> and select subtract
>
> -- 
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
>
> "Mark Zak" <markzak@barzak.com> wrote in message 
> news:tkRQd.163830$K7.75893@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>I need to enter negative time value (hour and minutes) in a table 
>>calculating tides for secondary ports, for example 13:00 hours minus a 
>>negative value such as 00:15 hours, i.e., 13:00 - (-00:15).  Excell will 
>>not allow negative time entry, is there any other way?
>>
>> Appreciate your assistance
>> Regards
>> Mark Zak
>>
>
> 


0
markzak (3)
2/17/2005 5:12:55 AM
You can overcome that entering by -15:00 like

=-"15:00"

and format as time, meaning that using 1904 date system will
allow time displayed as negative while using windows default will not




-- 


Regards,

Peo Sjoblom


"Mark Zak" <markzak@barzak.com> wrote in message 
news:rJVQd.164060$K7.92895@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> Appreciate your promt responce. I am still unable to enter negative 
> values,
> for example  negative hours:minutes (-00:15).  I need to calculate time 
> differences
> in relation to tide levels and need to input, say 13:00 (hours:minutes) 
> minus
> negative value, say -00:15 (hours:minutes) to arrive at 12:45. Excel will 
> not accept negative hours:minutes data entry
>
> Any thoughts ?
> Thanking in anticipation
> Mark Zak
>
>
>
> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message 
> news:Ovt2vgIFFHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Tools>options>calculation and 1904 date system will allow you to do 
>> calculations that return negative time. Note that all dates created 
>> earlier will have 1462 days added to them
>> To convert back put 1462 in an empty cell, copy it, select the dates and 
>> do edit>paste special
>> and select subtract
>>
>> -- 
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peo Sjoblom
>>
>>
>> "Mark Zak" <markzak@barzak.com> wrote in message 
>> news:tkRQd.163830$K7.75893@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>>I need to enter negative time value (hour and minutes) in a table 
>>>calculating tides for secondary ports, for example 13:00 hours minus a 
>>>negative value such as 00:15 hours, i.e., 13:00 - (-00:15).  Excell will 
>>>not allow negative time entry, is there any other way?
>>>
>>> Appreciate your assistance
>>> Regards
>>> Mark Zak
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
terre081 (3244)
2/18/2005 12:42:15 AM
Hi Peo,

MANY THANKS, it works

Kind regards
Mark Zak


"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message 
news:%23yL%23xKVFFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> You can overcome that entering by -15:00 like
>
> =-"15:00"
>
> and format as time, meaning that using 1904 date system will
> allow time displayed as negative while using windows default will not
>
>
>
>
> -- 
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
>
> "Mark Zak" <markzak@barzak.com> wrote in message 
> news:rJVQd.164060$K7.92895@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>> Appreciate your promt responce. I am still unable to enter negative 
>> values,
>> for example  negative hours:minutes (-00:15).  I need to calculate time 
>> differences
>> in relation to tide levels and need to input, say 13:00 (hours:minutes) 
>> minus
>> negative value, say -00:15 (hours:minutes) to arrive at 12:45. Excel will 
>> not accept negative hours:minutes data entry
>>
>> Any thoughts ?
>> Thanking in anticipation
>> Mark Zak
>>
>>
>>
>> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message 
>> news:Ovt2vgIFFHA.2828@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>> Tools>options>calculation and 1904 date system will allow you to do 
>>> calculations that return negative time. Note that all dates created 
>>> earlier will have 1462 days added to them
>>> To convert back put 1462 in an empty cell, copy it, select the dates and 
>>> do edit>paste special
>>> and select subtract
>>>
>>> -- 
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Peo Sjoblom
>>>
>>>
>>> "Mark Zak" <markzak@barzak.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:tkRQd.163830$K7.75893@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
>>>>I need to enter negative time value (hour and minutes) in a table 
>>>>calculating tides for secondary ports, for example 13:00 hours minus a 
>>>>negative value such as 00:15 hours, i.e., 13:00 - (-00:15).  Excell will 
>>>>not allow negative time entry, is there any other way?
>>>>
>>>> Appreciate your assistance
>>>> Regards
>>>> Mark Zak
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
markzak (3)
2/18/2005 1:51:43 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exchange 5.5 Daylight savings time
According to Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/timezone/dst2007.mspx near the bottom of the article details about a Daylight Savings Time Patch that is available for companies with Customer Support Agreements (CSA) for Exchange 5.5. Well, we have Exchange 5.5, but it is our understanding that Exchange 5.5 uses the local server time to DST settings (which we can edit). So the big question is, what exactly does this Exchange 5.5 D.S.T. patch do???? Microsoft will not tell me any details unless I purchase a Premier contract at 10's of thousands of dollars. We will ...

Writing a General Date from separate date and time fields
Hi all, I have records which need to be modified, to allow for "after-the- fact" entries. What I am trying to achieve is combining a date field (formatted as Medium Date) and a time field (formatted Short Time) from a form entry, and then updating a field in the table which is formatted as General Date. It will normally be to give the correct timestamp for the start of a phone call, even if the database entry is made two hours later. The purpose? So I can correctly calculate the difference between two General Dates, [CallDate] and [CallEnd], (and the associated tim...

Billable Time not working
Cases logged against Contracts are not debiting “Billable Time” from the total, set in the Contract Line Item, when closed but rather just debiting “1” from the total. (As in 1 case closed.) We have applies the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Update Rollup 1 which in KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909284/en-us was said to have fixed this issue. Anyone have an idea as to why we still can not get the Billabel Time against contracts to work? Thanks, According to the documentation, the 1 is set in a contract template. Perhaps your existing contracts (those that were creat...

Services timeing out
i get the following errors in my system log Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the IMAP4Svc service. it dose this for IISADMIN, SMTPSVC , POP3 IMPA4,RESvc and W3SVC I found the patch for kb831572, which did not do anything. If i reboot the server seems fine for awhile then it just fills up the event log with service contorl errors. If any one has any sugestions, please let me know. It seems to be starting with the IISADMIN service first. That is where i have started looking first. ...

Is there a way to see on what date a resource entered time?
We are on 07 through April CU. I want to know on what dates my folks are doing the actual entering of their hours. Is there a way to find this out? i.e. on 11/20, Bill entered 4 hours worked on 11/16. Thanks! -- JenGoSto No. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "JenStover" wrote: > We are on 07 through April CU. > > I want to know on what dates my folks are doing the actual entering of their > hours. Is there a way to find this out? > > i.e. on 11/20, Bill entered 4 ho...

Day/Time Format
Hi, Can anyone help with this. I currently have code which lists class days and times. Here is how it currently looks: TuWThF, 9:00a-12:30p, 1:00p-2:30p, 9:00a- 12:30p, 1:00p-2:00p, 9:00a-12:30p, 1:00p-2:30p, 9:00a-12:30p, 1:00p-2:00p I want it to look like this: Tu, 9:00a-12:30p, 1:00p-2:30p W, 9:00a- 12:30p, 1:00p-2:00p Th, 9:00a-12:30p, 1:00p-2:30p F, 9:00a-12:30p, 1:00p-2:30p Here is the code I'm using: Public Function DaysTimes(SId As Variant) As String Dim Days As Recordset 'days Dim QStr As String Dim sTime As String Dim sDay As String sTime = ...

displaying non modal dialog for a short period of time
Hi, I want to create a non modal dialog from a thread. I have created the dialog but I want it to be displayed for a short period of time. After some time I want it to close automatically. I want to show some status info in this dialog (like when we insert a new USB device on a windows XP machine it show a message, and then disappears after some time). How can I do this? Thanks There are too many ways to do that. You can either call CloseWindow on the dialog object, or simply hide it by calling ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) when you reach a point in your code where you don't need the dialog ...

personal folders showing up two times
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

Outlook 2003 SP3: Each mesage appears 4 times in my inbox.
What causes each message to appear 4 times in my mailbox? Each message is also counted as 4 messages. Is there a fix for that? There can be various causes for this. For troubleshooting see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/duplicates.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B412197-6BFB-49C5-...

Run-Time Error '424': Object required when Saving Document
When I try to save a Document from a User Form Control Button I get the following Error. It happens when you go to save the Document and hit Cancel. If you save the Document it works perfect, but not when you Cancel it. What I want to happen is the Message Pops Up. What did I do wrong & how do I fix it? Run-Time Error '424': Object required ' Save Engineering Spec 11 Control Button Private Sub Save_Engineering_Spec_11_Click() Dim strFile As String strFile = "SPEC " & TEO_No_1.Value _ & Space(1) & CLLI_Code_1....

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

Shading cells that contain formulas and conditional formatting at the same time.
Dear Experts: I got cells in one table of a worksheet that contain ... .... formulas as well as conditional formatting (i.e. there are cells that contain both attributes) I would like to fill these cells (containing formulas as well as conditional formatting at the same time) with a certain shadefill (RGB 177, 177, 177) with the aid of a VBA macro. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Hello, Union(Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, 23), Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeAllFormatConditions)).Interior.Color = RGB(0, 255, 0) yo...

Lead time in a workflow
We are trying to add a field that would allow a user to enter number of days that would then be a conditional statement in a workflow. Would anybody have any idea what attribute type we should use and the basic workflow steps and type? Old School Hello Old School, You should use integer attribute type and you just click on settings on the left nav bar on Microsoft CRM and click on Workflow on the left navbar , create new workflow and select the type of entity you want to use and after that the workflow designer window will open to you so you can add a conditional branch and in the...

Creating dialog controls at run-time
I've been researching how to do this, but whenever I try what other people do, I get very bad results. But my challenge doesn't end there. The number of controls I want to create is only known at run-time. The problems I face are manifold: 1. The code most people use fails badly. Not only is the font unconventionally big, but when I click the checkbox I create, the whole dialog disappears. If that's not enough, the pointer to the control is NULL when the dialog's destructor is called, so I can't delete the instance, and get a memory leak message when the program ends: CADi...

sorry for posting 3 times it returned an error the first two
Sorry for posting 3 times it returned an error the first two and now it appears the error didn't matter. - DaveR ...

accept calendar meetings in local time zone
I receive invitations for meetings in different time zones. How can I have outlook set the reminder in my local time zone? "gkramer2525" <gkramer2525@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A6BE1D3-6FAD-436E-A7C1-78318DF5935B@microsoft.com... >I receive invitations for meetings in different time zones. How can I have > outlook set the reminder in my local time zone? That should happen already. Outlook uses UTC internally and presents events to you based on the local time zone you've set in Windows (and Outlook's calendar options, for ...

Daylight Saving Time & RMS
Since the daylight savings time is this weekend, should I expect to have the PC's that have RMS running on them adjust the Win XP Pro clock manually. The reason, I am asking is that these PC's are on an internal IP and are not connected to the internet and do not get updates or synchronization to the clock server. On Mar 9, 10:55 am, Tom <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Since the daylight savings time is this weekend, should I expect to have the > PC's that have RMS running on them adjust the Win XP Pro clock manually. The > reason, I am asking is that ...

x-axis time interval
Trying to plot mortality rates per 5 year blocks, i.e. 1951-1955, 1956-1960. Can't get scatter plot to display those specific intervals. Rather, it simply labels the time points by the number cell in which the interval was typed, i.e. 1, 2. thanks A scatter chart needs numerical values. Try a line chart, which will treat the text "1951-1955" etc as labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Adding Hours #2
Hi, I am having a difficult time adding up the total number o hours/minutes. I understand that going over 24 hours means you need t format the cell [hh]:mm but in doing so I get close to the actual tota but am still off by 11 minutes. Here is an example: 4:51, 5:23, 4:59 6:53, 7:43, 6:31 and 6:57 When I total manually, I come up with 43:29 (or 43:28 depending o where your decimal is on your caculator). When I formatted the "tota amt" cell to [h]:mm, the number of hours/min came to 43:17. When tried using Excel's Help, they advised to use this formula: =SUM(A2:A8)*24 but all...

Changing Time format in Date column
Hi, When I review email messages in Windows Live Mail I would like to see the time displayed in 24 hour format by each message. Ie, instead of Date: 05/03/2010 4:35 pm I would like it be shown as 05/03/2010 16:35. Any help from anyone would be greatfully appreciated. Thanks, Jon. "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54D681D7-2367-434B-AC7A-29AD80A4A828@microsoft.com... > When I review email messages in Windows Live Mail I would like to see the time displayed in 24 hour format by each message. Ie, instead of Date: 05/03/2010 4:35 pm...

Internet Address for Bank Gets Overwritten Every Time Money loads
Every time I start Money 2005 Deluxe, it updates the Internet address for one of my credit card institutions. It must be pulling the address from some lookup table and overwriting the correct address that I have provided (by going into "Update advanced Web settings" from the Contact information screen and entering the correct address in all four fields). The account is United Mileage Plus Credit Card which used to be administered through Bank One, but recently changed hands to Chase. The correct address is: https://online.firstusa.com/ The incorrect address that Money keeps pr...

Writing Reports with local time reflected
Hi! I've been writing reports for CRM3 and all of my time stamps are being reported in GMT (as they should be). Does anyone have any advice for generating reports with these times reflected in the users local time zone? I'd like to write reports for users in different time zones, but have the times show up (for example activities) as they would have occured in local time. Thanks! Hi Sam, I'm no expert, but I would assume the reports are being generated on the SQL reporting server, which is where the time is calculated. I would imagine you could prompt the user for whic...

Bottom bar freezes a few minutes after startup.....
After booting up the computer and logging on, everything works for ~5 minutes before the bottom bar freezes up. Turning on the task manager does nothing to help as that too freezes up right away. Minimizing a tab means losing it for good and the recovery disks do not seem to be working at all. I have tried to use a system restore, but that did nothing to fix the problem. I have used two different (Safe) virus scanners and they were not able to find/fix the problem, which makes me think that this is a problem with the hardware. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D By the way I...

Computing Payroll Hours
I am using Excel 97, and would like to know how I can total payroll hours daily, for my employees. Each day they punch in in the morning then out for lunch....then again punch in after lunch and finally out at the end of the day.... as you can tell I am not very good in Excel. Any help will be appreciated... thanks,,,,, Herbie if the times are in A1, B1, C1, D1 respectively and the hourly rate is in E1, in F1 you can put =(B1-A1+D1-C1)*24*E1 then you can sum column E Time is stored as a fraction of a day. So multiplying by 24 converts the time values to decimal hours. assume ...

Showing GMT time zone and meeting interval
Can I have the GMT time zone show in Outlook2007 calendar and also meeting interval is 15mins. instead of 30 mins. Thanks! Set the computer to use the GMT time zone and in day or week view, right click on the column where the times are and choose 15 minutes. See screenshot: http://slipstick.me/jing/timescale.png -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook...