Time Formating

I need to know how to format a cell for time.  I need to have the cell formatted so that when I type in the cell say 125211 or 12 52 11 it will automatically appear as 12:52:11.
0
anonymous (74722)

For a possible solution see

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Denise" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to know how to format a cell for time.  I need to have the cell
formatted so that when I type in the cell say 125211 or 12 52 11 it will
automatically appear as 12:52:11.

0
terre08 (1112)

How block a highlighted list of Senders not one-at-time ?
New Windows 7 (prof level but for single-user home use) with Office 2007, trying to add hundreds of Junk emails to list of Blocked senders but think that is failing beause still geting many of the same senders coming through. Tried deleting them, both in highlighted lists and one-at-a-time, but Adding to Blocked Senders list can only be dome one-at-a-time; and still seems to be not working. Somebody know what I'm not doing, or doing wrong, please ? Blocked Senders is only marginally useful because the spammers just change their apparent addresses on a near-hourly basi...

Calculating time differences
Can someone send me to examples of code to show me how to calculate time differences. The times will not pass midnight of any day. This will be used to calculate payroll. Any help would be apreciated. Thanks. -- Don Rountree Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/datetime/date0004.htm http://www.everythingaccess.com/tutorials.asp?ID=Calculating-Elapsed-Time -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "Don" wrote: > Can someone send me to examples of code to show me how to calculate time > differences...

Counting items within time ranges and containing text
Hi there! I'm using Excel 2002 and have the following trouble wit counting items within time ranges I have in one spreadsheet Customer Name Aged time Premiere & Sons Inc. 3:00:53 ABC Co. Inc. 23:10:00 Perfect Inc. 14:06:45 ABC Worldwide Inc. 48:00:20 Premiere Inc. 15:22:30 ABC Inc. 1:25:35 And on another sheet I want to have the following details. Customer Reports >12h 12-24h 24-48h <48h ABC 3 1 1 0 1 Perfe...

conditional formatting #86
Hi, Can I apply conditional formatting to the individual data points on my line chart? And a note for ALL - I find this forum extremely helpful, quick replies that lead to the solutions I seek. Thanks to all contributors I think you would have to use a macro. Try recording and then cleaning it up. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "bobf" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:287f01c51e5a$4aa0cfb0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Can I apply conditional formatting to the individual data > points on my line chart? > > And a n...

Excel format says their numbers, autosum says "liar!"
When we open a DBF (Dbase) file created by our ESRI mapping software the numeric fields, though they show as "numbers" under Excel's Format Cell window, are not seen as numeric by the AutoSum (or any other summing technique). We get an error message that something's wrong with the fields. If we copy a blank cell and do a Paste Special to the problem cells then the Autosum starts to work okay. Any insights on why this would be? Dan dan.jor...@co.chelan.wa.us wrote... >When we open a DBF (Dbase) file created by our ESRI mapping software >the numeric fields, though t...

convert personal folder file format (97-2002) to outlook 2003 for.
I'm currently having the 97-2002 personal file format and would like to convert it to 2003 format. I've upgraded to Outlook 2003. You cannot convert it; Create a new Outlook 2003 pst-file and move the folders by hand to the new pst-file. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "SkyFox" <SkyFox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B066A2C7-307C-4298-AC68-C929D8D5EC59@microsoft.com... > I'm currently having the 97...

OutLook Clinet screw up mail format after promoted to CRM
Hi, If we use "CRM outlook client for SALES"to promote a normal e-mail to CRM activity, all carriage return will get lost and content jam together in that CRM e-mail. Are there anybody experienced this before, How could we solve this problem. Thank you very much. Regards, Raymond .. Raymond, I've been promoting emails for months. Haven't run into this problem with Inbox email or Sent Items email. Jared "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bef001c3ecc7$805c1030$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > If we use "CRM outlook client ...

How do I format date field in footer?
I'm pretty basic when it comes to Excel. How can I change the date format for the date field that I've placed in my footer? I would like it to show 04-11-06. Thanks. Terry S. hi! go to.. Format Cells > Custom > mm-dd-yy -via135 Terry Sharman Wrote: > I'm pretty basic when it comes to Excel. How can I change the date > format > for the date field that I've placed in my footer? I would like it to > show > 04-11-06. > > Thanks. > > Terry S. -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via13...

Date Time
Can Excel recognize 2400 hours as midnight today? Every formula I try forces the date/time to show it as 1st thing tomorrow morning. ie, it adds one day to the date, when it should not do so until 0001 hours. Thanks in advance. TBF That's because 2400 is the roll-over point. In A1 thru C1 put: 2359 =TIME(A1/100,A1-100*INT(A1/100),0) =B1 and you will see: 2359 11:59 PM 0.9993055556 with the correct formatting However if you put 2400 in A1 you will see: 2400 12:00 AM 0.0000000000 with the same formatting -- Gary''s Student "TBFJ" wrote: > Can Excel recogni...

Conditional Formating Help Please!!
Hi, I'm sure this fairly simple but I seem to be struggling! Lets say B1 contains a formula which will return either a value (Text) or an empty cell (""). if the returned value is not an empty cell ("") I want to hilight C1 yellow, if B1 is blank ("") C1 will remain un-hilighted. This also needs to work for B2,B3.....etc. Cheers guys -- sammy2x ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sammy2x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29674 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Subject Line Appointmet Font Formatting
Is there a way i to format text in the Subject Line for the appointment template. I would like to be able to change color and font for if an appointment was canceled or moved TIA Rick No. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, JBK617 asked: | Is there a way i to format text in the Subject Line for the | appointment template. I would like to be able to change color and | font for if an appointment was canceled o...

macro to time limit workbook
Hello there, is there a way for a macro, or does someone have a macro to time limit a workbook, say three to five days. Similar to a 30 day trial limit. all help appreciated regards, Ditchy Hi Ditchy In its very simplest form (goes into the thisworkbook module): Private Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > DateSerial(2005, 5, 1) Then MsgBox "Trial period has expired", vbInformation Me.Saved = True Me.Close End If End Sub What you have to do is find ways to - ensure that macros are enabled by the user (usually done by making the file worthless without macros), - register ...

Outlook Express Visual C++ Runtime Library Run-Time Error
I have a friend who's using Outlook Express 6 and is getting an "abnormal program termination" error whenever he attempts to attach a graphic file within Outlook Express. He reports that it works fine when using the Explorer shell to call OE. My friend has WinXP Home. Any advice? Jay ...

Time data type
I am using SQL server 2008 The following command: CREATE TABLE Table1 ( Column1 time(7) ) results in the following message: Msg 2715, Level 16, State 7, Line 1 Column or parameter #1: Cannot find data type time. Please help. Thank you Mahen (mlux@eim.ae) writes: > I am using SQL server 2008 > > The following command: > CREATE TABLE Table1 ( Column1 time(7) ) > results in the following message: > Msg 2715, Level 16, State 7, Line 1 > Column or parameter #1: Cannot find data type time. > > Please help. Thank you Run this command: SELECT ...

conditional formatting date #2
I want to use conditional formatting to highlight when a cell is 90, 180 and 360 days from todays date. I have data in two rows, consisting of room number and date. 701 702 703 704 705 12/1/05 10/1/04 11/5/05 7/1/03 8/5/005 I want to change the color of the room number cells green for 90, yellow for 180 and red for 360 from todays date. Thanks for any help on this! http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "shane561" <shane561@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Display time in dialog box
Hi All, I am currently trying to display the time in a dialog box application. It is been displayed in a Static box when the program loads but then I don't seem to be able to refresh it every second. The code I am using is shown below: Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers Fabrice void CMyDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { if (nIDEvent == m_nTimer) { CTime ct = CTime::GetCurrentTime(); CString Temp; Temp.Format("%02d:%02d:%02d", ct.GetHour(), ct.GetMinute(), ct.GetSecond()); } } void CMyDlg::PreSub...

Cell = Cell on other worksheet
I have a worksheet with cells linked back to another worksheet in the same workbook using the formula "='Sheet1!'B2". The information comes across, but I'm losing formatting such as left, right, or center, indents, and line breaks within cells. Is there a way I can do this without losing the formatting? Ed You can't do it with a formula. However, you can <copy> the source cell(s), then click on the destination sheet and cell then do Edit | Paste Special | Formats (check) | OK then <Esc> to transfer the formats over. Hope this helps. Pete On Feb 29,...

How do I apply conditional formatting to axis labels?
I would like to apply conditional formatting to my horizontal axis based on the value of that data point. If the value exceeds a threshold it would cause the category axis label for that point to change font, color, etc. or I would like to apply conditional formating to a series based on the value of the data point in the series. If the value excedds a threshold it would cause the bar (bar graph) for that point to be different from the others. Axis labels are treated as a unit, you can't format individual labels. You could set up a dummy axis and use VBA to control its formatting. ...

Excel Trendline Formula in Scientific Format
For some reason, the when I insert a trend line into a graph, the formula comes up with one part of it in scientific format (y = 2750.2x2 - 64597x + 2E+06). I konw the last expression in the formula is $2,000,000 but this is rounded- and I need to know what the exact amount is. I have tried extending the formula box, but that doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance. Right click on the formula and format to scientific notation with 14 decimal places. Alternately, you could use =LINEST(ydata,xdata^{1,2}) although in it has the potential to lose accuracy in Excel ...

Conditional Formatting as Currency/Percent/Number
Hi I have a Table with V-Lookups that get info that changes when I change the value in Cell B3. When B3=12 the Vlookups get a number that needs to be viewed as a percent but when B3=13 the number needs to be a currency. I looked at the cond formatting but there did not seem to be any option for currency/percent etc. Is there anyway to change the format automatically when cell B3 changes? Thanks ...

change "date + time" to "date" only
Dear expert, I have a large nos. of date value as follow: 5/13/2004 12:43:36 P Q: how can I delete the time value only, so that I can count it by date Many Thank Tabo Hi use =INT(A1) and format this cell as 'Date' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Tabo wrote: > Dear expert, I have a large nos. of date value as follow:- > > 5/13/2004 12:43:36 PM > > Q: how can I delete the time value only, so that I can count it by > date? > > Many Thanks > > Tabo ...

formatting toolbar in new email window is inactive
how do I activate the formatting toolbar when I want to write a new email? for some reason, I have the toolbar, but it is inactive. thanks check to make sure you are not writing your email in plain text. To do this click on Format --> Rich Text or HTML. This will allow you to change the formatting. To change the default, go to Outlook and click on Tools --> Options --> Mail Format --> "Compose in this message format" needs to be changed to Rich Text or HTML. "FC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033d01c3bdd2$cc0a8850$a4012...

Is there a keystroke shortcut for "clear formatting" in 2003?
I'm clearing the formatting on a lot of broken text in multiple documents. Does anyone know of a keystroke shortcut that I can use to do this in Word 2003? Thanks! Ctrl-Shift-Z will "Reset Char"acter formatting (also Ctrl-Space, if you don't have Chinese installed on your system), and Ctrl-Q will "Reset Para"graph formatting. On Nov 25, 11:50=A0am, msegrl104 <msegrl...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm clearing the formatting on a lot of broken text in multiple documents= .. > Does anyone know of a keystroke shortcut that I can ...

How do I format cells in Excel to make 175/5 read 175?
I want to copy a list of numbers from a web site into a spreadsheet. The numbers all have a / in them, and this copies to the spreadsheet. Example 195/5. I would like to be able to format the cells so that the numbers will read 195 (losing the / and any digits after it. Using another column with a formula that would do this will also work. Thanks. Hi, Select the column and go to Data > Text to columns > Delimited. Select / as the delimiter -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "SJR4347" <SJR4347@discussions.mic...

Time interval
I'm using outlook 2000 and can't seem to be able to set the time interval. I've use "Customize Current View" to set the interval to 15 min but when I create a new calandar entry the Interval is 30 min. I must be missing something but don't know what. Open th e calendar in a 1 day view. Then right click the time column and select your time from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer mrjondon <123mrjondon@comcast.net> asked: | I'm u...