Time Format #8

When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as
13:15.  What is the solution?

Hi
not possible with VBA. See:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

CB wrote:
> When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as
> 13:15.  What is the solution?
0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/3/2004 4:43:32 PM
Check out this web page of Chip Pearson's:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm
--
HTH,

RD

"CB" <puppyrazzi@earthlink.com> wrote in message
> When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as
> 13:15.  What is the solution?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
10/3/2004 4:48:36 PM
Before we can provide a solution, it helps to know what the
question is.

]What does it show instead, or are you saying you really do want
that decimal point at the end.

Format as   h:mm    hh:mm    [h]:mm   or  [hh]:mm
the last two are for totals so that hours don't overflow into days.

I expect that you have a format   like   hh:mm AM/PM
that shows   AM or PM.

---
HTH,

"CB" <puppyrazzi@earthlink.com> wrote in message news:mQV7d.2238$Vm1.2120@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> When I type 1315 I'd like for it to show as
> 13:15.  What is the solution?

0
dmcritchie (2586)
10/3/2004 4:52:29 PM
oops,  I picked up the period but missed that you didn't have a colon
in you input, sorry about that.  So make that 3 votes to see Chip's page.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

Report formatting hangs
I have a report (rptHV) that uses a query (qryHV) as its record source. The user opens a form (frmHVClient), chooses a name from a combo box, and then clicks a command button (cmdClient) to run the report. The report works fine as long as certain client names are not chosen. If those certain client names are chosen, a progress bar appears in the status area with the message, "Formatting report - press ctrl + Break to stop..." and the report hangs and never formats at all. Coincidentally (or not) the clients that cause the issue are all assigned to the same staff me...

Custom formatting #6
Does anyone know of a custom format I could use where the result of the formula; =AV31/AS31-1 returns #DIV/O! Thanks Pat Hi not possible with a custom format. Either use =IF(AS31=0,"",AV31/AS31-1) or use conditional formating and checking for =ISERROR(cell_reference) and assigning a white font "Pat" wrote: > Does anyone know of a custom format I could use where the result of the > formula; > > =AV31/AS31-1 > > returns #DIV/O! > > Thanks > Pat > > > ...

"Too many formats used"!!!
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple input forms which is almost complete. I am unable to progress further as Excel will not allow me to format any more cells with a "Too many formats used" message being displayed I understand that I need to reduce the amount of formatting that has been used, but my endeavours to do so simply pops up the same message. Is there a simple way to reduce the number of formats used in a spreadsheet either globally or per worksheet? Or any other solutions to this problem Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Hi for dealing with too many cell for...

Mail Format (Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages)
I've recently installed Outlook 2002 and when I'm trying to send a e-mail with Excel, Word ect by doing FILE SEND TO I've notice that th Mail Recipient is grey out. When I look in Outlook in Mail Format I'v notice that Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages is grey out What can I do to enable this option? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Value 1 in excel cell show as 0.99999999999999978 once save in XML format
Hi all, I receive an excel sheet , with a column which is format in number. The value that i seen from the screen is '1'. Later, when i save the file in . xml format (File->Save As, choose 'XML Spredsheet' .xml' ) i found that the '1' had become '0.99999999999999978'. I relook into the spread sheet again, the value is really show in '1' in the formula bar, and double check on the format it is formatted in number with zero decimal place. I don't have a clue where the '0.99999999999999978' is come from ? Could it be an excel bug ? o...

Inserting Date/Time of Last Update
Is there a way to insert a date and time in a cell(s) that will only be updated if there is a change to the worksheet. I'm looking to have the date/time of the last update so that it is easy to tell how current the worksheet is. Thanks -- Lionel B. Dyck <>< AIM ID: lbdyck Yahoo IM: lbdyck Homepage http://www.lbdsoftware.com/ Blog: http://randommgmt.blogspot.com/ Lionel You could put some code in a worksheet_Change() event like so (uses A1) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("A1").Value = Now() End Sub To implement right click the sheet t...

Printing or formatting issue? #2
Dear all, Please bear with me on this one, I have posted something similar in th past and thought this issue had been resolved but hasn't!! In Finance we have staff who work on individual worksheets, these ar then sent to one person who collates them into one workbook; this is the sent to our Finance MD and PA. The person who sends the workbook can print all sheets out fine on his HP5000n (A4 and A3), however the Finance P (HP4050) and the MD (HPxxx) cannot, they complain that the formatting is al "off". I can confirm that all these users and those who originally create the wor...

report formatting
I have a series of reports written in an access adp for access 2000. when i open and run these report in an access 2002 or 2003 environment i find the formatting of detail lines is all over the place, losing numeric formats and not lining up any more yet the control break fields still all do. I run the same report with access 2000 and everything is fine. the detail format string are the same as the control break ones. has anyone had any issues with report formating on an upgrade from access 2000 - 2002/2003 ?/ ...

cannot open attachment in owa version 8
When I get an email with an attachment I can't open it, I can only open it as a web page. Once opened as a web page the link for it is at the top and I can open it up. some computers are like this and others let you open up the attachments. "bob" <rlabonte@verizon.net> wrote in message news:eS1N19GYKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > When I get an email with an attachment I can't open it, I can only open it > as a web page. Once opened as a web page the link for it is at the top and > I can open it up. > > some computers are like this and othe...

formatting a spreadsheet help
I have a few different dilemas going on here. First: Can a conditional format be set up in Vista or Windows 7 both 64 bit, and saved in 97-2003 excel saving the conditional formats? Second: I have a spreadsheet column A is my received date, Column B is Stock #, Column C is Serial #, Column G is my finished date. What I need to be able to do: When I enter information into Column C (Serial #), I need some type of notification if that same number has been entered within a six month time period from my Column G (Finished date). 1. Yes. However, there are some formats which only Ex...

Conditional Format-possible to show overridden formulas?
I've got a cell that has a formula in it and I'd like to set up a conditional format so that it turns a different color if someone instead overrides the formula and inputs a value - is this possible? Thanks You could have a UDF that checks if it is a formula, and use that in the CF Function IsFormula(rng As Range) As Boolean IsFormula = rng.HasFormula End Function and use like =IsFormula(A1) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "GretOgrady" <gretchen.ogrady@ey.com> wrote in message news:1111425009.372156.107570@f14g2000cwb....

Variable Sales Tax Rates in Great Plains 8.0
Hello: We have a client that has customers in counties that have variable tax rates. The first $5000 is at 7%, and anything else above $5000 is 6%. Can Great Plains handle this? I know how to set up tax details and schedules in Great Plains 8.0 in SOP. So, I advised that the client set up two tax details—one tax detail for 7% at a maximum of $5,000.00 and the second tax detail for 6% on anything above $5,000.00. These two tax details could, then, be combined into a tax schedule for that county or multiple counties. The client says that this did not work, as the higher amount was t...

Copying Conditional formatting 01-25-10
I am trying to copy conditional formatting for specific cells from one row and past them to another. I cannot use the format painter because I need to retain the existing visible format. How can I copy and paste just the conditional rules? Which version of EXCEL? "gibbylynn" wrote: > I am trying to copy conditional formatting for specific cells from one row > and past them to another. I cannot use the format painter because I need to > retain the existing visible format. How can I copy and paste just the > conditional rules? IN EXCEL 2007 if you ...

Format numbers (ie 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 22nd, etc)
I have a column of numbers which are the result of determining the number of years between two dates. I need to display a formatted results (ie: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 22nd, etc.). Is there a way to do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Graham S Hi Graham, See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ordinal.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Graham S" <GrahamS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8A35936-5C72-4493-9F6D-464A4DE278B8@microsoft.com... >I have a column of numbers which are the result of determining the number >of > years b...

TIME X MONEY
I'm trying to work my payroll sheets via excel and am running into an error when trying to multiply the hourly rate by the hours worked. I am using excel 2007, the time is formatted to HH:MM:SS and when I for example myltiply 08:00:00 by $12 the result is $3.96, when in fact it should read $96.00. Any suggestions or formulas would be appreciated. Try... =(A1*24)*12 where A1 houses a time value like 08:00:00. The formula cell must be formatted as number or currency. MattG wrote: > I'm trying to work my payroll sheets via excel and am running into an error &...

Calculating Time difference based on a condition
I have 3 columns that have date/time on the first column and device status on the 2nd column and calculated Time difference on the third column. I have sample data below. I have to subtract the first instance of ENABLE DEVICE DATE/TIME from the previous MALF DEVICE DATE/TIME to get the difference. I do not worry about the DISABLE Device date/time at all. I could do this manually but there are about 20,000 records to go through. I don't know if there is a worksheet function that will do this automatically for me. Date/Time DEVICE STATUS TIME DIFFERENCE 6/7/04...

condition format based on lapsed dates
I want to format a group of cell based on days old. The days is based on the "value" in cell I8 =Now() and cell J10 (j11,j12...) on is the submission date. Therefore number of days that has passed is in cell I10 (i11,i12...) =$I$8-J10" in the cell, this is the number of days that has lapsed. So if 90 days has passed I want to grey out cells k5,l5,m5, and n5. I am unable to get this to work, what do I need to do to make this work? I am assuming that the value is not showing correctly in the formula portion of the conditional format: if cell(I10)>= 90 then [grey out cell...

please show me this formula format
lets give the numbers these destinations: A1 = 125 A2 = 50 125 + 10% + 50 + 14% = total. thanx Hi Otto not clear what you are after =A1*(1+10%)+A2*(1+14%) which is multiplying A1 x 10% and Multiplying 50 x 14% and totaling the two to give 194.5 OR =(A1*(1+10%)+50)*(1+14%) which multiplies A1 x 10% then adds 50 and Multiplies that sum by 14% which gives a total of 213.75 -- Regards Roger Govier "otto" <otto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FFE367C3-282E-4F3B-8E0B-A7D4D4727462@microsoft.com... > lets give the numbers these destinations: > A1 = 125 ...

How to change the case of a character at run time (CEdit control)
Hi all. I want for certain character pressed to be translated to upper case so that in control the letter appears always in upper case I tried using PreTranslateMessage but I realized that wParam and lParam are the same if I press that letter in lowercase or in uppercase so I don't know how to do it. In OnChar handler I cannot modify the value of the character Thanks in advanc Jaime PreTranslateMessage is probably the worst possible place to do this. In fact. this is one of the common abuses of PreTranslateMessage. Why not just set the style of the edit control to "uppercase"...

formatting the TOC
Hi, I have a heading which is spread into almost two lines. But when i generate the TOC, it displays the heading in a single line. Please suggest me a solution. Thanking in anticipation. Are you saying that you want your TOC to use the same font as size as your text? sanjay wrote: >Hi, > >I have a heading which is spread into almost two lines. But when i generate >the TOC, it displays the heading in a single line. > >Please suggest me a solution. > >Thanking in anticipation. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/...

outlook just can start one time
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C360E9.B54C9F90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using win98 and outlook2002. I create a new profile for Outlook2002 = to connect to our Echange 2000 server. First time I can start = Outlook2002 and work fine. But after I close Outlook2002 and start it = again. I receive the following error message: Your logon information was incorrect. Check your username and domain, = then type your password again. If your account is new or if your = administrator r...

Format Cells
I have a worksheet in which I want a column formatted so that I can put in a value that looks for like 10-11 or 2-3. If I use the Format Menu and choose Cells and specify General, as soon as I press enter, the value in the original cell changes to 11-Oct or 3-Feb and the format has changed to Custom d-mmm. I have tried selecting the column and choosing Edit-Clear-Formats but that doesn't help. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to solve this problem. I don't think it existed when I first created the worksheet but has now appeared magically! Virginia Hi either for...

PDF formating
I need to know how to change from PDF formating to word. I do have the adobe reader but still doesn't work when I apply it. You will need to ask in a an Adobe or MS Word newsgroup - the acrobat reader does nothing but read acrobat files -- _____________________________________________ SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ] "Warning - Using the F1 Key will not break anything!" (-; _____________________________________________ "ashbee" <ashbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA838B87-C900-447E-B329-3322FF90A...

Ranges within Conditional Formatting
Within a cell, thisis basically what I want to do but am having trouble: if the value is between 95-100 background = green else if value is between (90-95) or between (100-105) background = yellow else if value is <90 OR >105) background = red Any ideas? Ryno wrote: > Within a cell, thisis basically what I want to do but am having > trouble: if the value is between 95-100 background = green > else if value is between (90-95) or between (100-105) background > = yellow else if value is <90 OR >105) background = red > > Any ideas? If you...

Upgrade from 8.0 to 9.0 Problem
I am in the process of upgrading our servers from the 8.0 version to the 9.0 version and ran into a little problem. Upgrade went fine, rebooted the server, and attempted to log in. It gives me an error message: A get/change operation on table duCompanyVersions failed accessing SQL data. If I hit the "More Info" button, then I get the following additional information: Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. Anyone else see this or know how to resolve this problem? It appears that one (or more) of the tables in the DYNAMICS databa...