Time duration formula

I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment
duration, from a given start date to the current day.

many thanks
0
Ska (10)

Take a look at DATEDIF. Explained at
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm

--

HTH

RP

"Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment
> duration, from a given start date to the current day.
>
> many thanks

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
2/15/2005 11:19:07 AM
Thanks Bob,
I have used the formula but have come across another small problem, i have
an emplyee who has been with us twice so has one period and now an ongoing
period of emplyment , what i would like to do is add both periods together to
get the total duration worked with us.  Hope you can help.

Ta
Stu

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Take a look at DATEDIF. Explained at
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
>
> --
>
> HTH
>
> RP
>

> "Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment
> > duration, from a given start date to the current day.
> >
> > many thanks

0
Ska (10)

Formula para sacar promedio pondeera
Hola Amigos: Tengo un problema al querer sacar promedio ponterado con numero de cursos distintos y para lo cual te adjunto el modelo. Pero quiero con formulas REDONDEDAR - SUMA - DIVIDIR - CONTAR U OTRAS MAS FORMULAS CURSOS JUNIO LENGUAJE Y LITERATURA 13 RAZ. VERBAL IDIOMA 12 GEOGRAFIA DEL PER� Y DEL MUNDO 12 EDUCACI�N RELIGIOSA 13 EDUCACI�N CIVICA 12 ECONOMIA FILOSOF�A Y LOGICA 12 MATEMATICA 13 RAZ. MATEMATICA 13 EDUCACI�N ARTISTICA 10 EDUCACI�N F�SICA 12 HISTORIA DEL PERU - PAM 12 F...

autocalculate doesn't work even with formula .
I have been using the same worksheet for past 1 year. Last week, when I edit the worksheet by input new data into it, I realise that : 1. The "Total" does not add up the sums of 2 cells automatically, even though the "A1 + B1" formulation is still in the cell. 2. I have auto-link sheet 1 cells into sheet 2 in different layout to suit my final output design. But even I paste the cells in the designated area in sheet 1, my final output does not automatically show the new data I have input into sheet 1. Only way to "show in the final output" correctl...

Formula
For each cell in column B I want to test if the adjacent cell in column A is > 10 and if it is set the B cell the same as value in the A cell (this bit is easy) and also set a cell in column C with the value "100". However the reference of the column C cell is dependent upon the value (between 1 - 4) in the adjacent cell in column D. For example (I know this isn't possible but it may help to explain the idea), applying the formula in B1: if(A1>10,"20", C(D1)="100"). If A1 was 8 and D1 = 4 then C4 is set to 100 and if D1 was 2 then C2...

Formulas showing in cell???
I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit i (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. How can I make the formula go awaw and simply show the results whic when edited the results shows correctly? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi probably the cell is formated as 'Text' change the cell format to 'General' and re-enter your formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I keep getting a formula showing in the cell after I edit it > (occasionally). Show formulas is turned off and edit in cell is on. >...

Durations keep changing... Help!
Ok... it's me again - brand new user... I need to list resources (sometimes multiple) for each task, but ONLY show it shows up on a report for each person. We do not assign or track real/actaul hours. So here's what I've done to try to simplify... Task #1: Tasks/Advanced Tab: "Must Start On" with a start date (this is the only constraint I've set in the project); Fixed Duration; Effort Driven unchecked All other tasks have the same settings except no constraint date and default to "As Soon as Possible." Each Resource: Booking type - P...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

Excell Formula
I have a list of over 1000 Product in column A and in column B over 30 Supplies and in column C the price of each product from different Supplies. Each Supplier may offer same product but with different prices ( e.g. Table below ). All the information is in sheet 1. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 3 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 I have created sheet 2 ( e.g. table below ) I need formula which updates u...

Detailed Time Sheet (overtime, comp time, vacation used)
I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation totals (received/used), comp received, comp used, and so. I would recommend to write all the headers on row 1, and start entering the data on row 2. Any column that is a calculation, enter a formula (for example, if column E is the difference of column D and C, enter "=D2-C2") and format the cells as you want the data to be presented (date/time, number, etc.) Hope this helps, Miguel. "Robert D. Sandersfeld" wrote: > I need to track in time, out time, in time, out time, overtime, vacation ...

Wildcards in Excel Formulas
I am working on an Excel spreadsheet and I am tyring to write a formula to read the 4th character of previously entered data For instance, codes entered in column A could be eadSvf1 and eadNvf1. I need a formula to read that 4th character and put a 1 or 2 in column B depending on if the 4th character is an S or an N Hope that made sense and thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ got it, thanks anyway, I ended up using the MID function ...

Convert Time
Hello, In one cell I have the time showing (2:45:59 PM). In another cell I would like to input a formula that will convert the time into a text cell showing military time. Thanks in advance for the help. Depends on what you call "military time" Anyway, in the new cell, insert the formula: =A1 assuming that the original time is in A1 Then format custom as hh:mm:ss or hhmmss -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A87A835-1AEE-4276-85DD-59C7152DBB91@microsoft....

Formula automation
Hi all, I want to create a formula automation so when a user enter a data through the form that I've created, the data will go straight to my Excel database and Excel should automatically calculate them using the formula from the previous row. I have tried to go to "Tools-options-edit-extend formula" and ticked the box but it won't do anything. Does anyone has any idea on how to do this automation thing? Thanks a lot! Rgds, Marcella ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categori...

Date/Time field calculation
Hello, i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. Thanks On Jun 21, 10:02 am, Stathis <s_paraske...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > i am trying to make a sum calculation on a field that keeps duration of > time. How can i do this? I get errors or zero as result. > Thanks You need to do the calculation at a level at least 1 level below what you want the answer to be in. Example msgbox DateDiff("h", #6/20/2007 1:00:00 AM#, #6/20/2007 1:30:00 PM#) will give an ans...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

Overwriting a cell with a formula without deleting the formula
Hello. I am creating an Expense Report worksheet and have created a simple formula that will calculate mileage based on total miles. Below is my worksheet data. A B C D 1 Expense Type Acct. Code Total Miles Amount 2 Airfare 11111 $250.00 3 Mileage 22222 20 $10.00 I am trying to figure out a way to create a conditional formula so that IF Expense...

How do I use text in a cell as a range name in a formula
If cell A1 had the text TEST in it and TEST is the name I have given to a group of cells using the name box what formula can I use to give me the sum of TEST, thats is the sum of the cells in the group called TEST. I understand that I can simply have =SUM(TEST), but I want the formula to refer to Cell A1 to get the name ie =SUM(A1) doesn't work obviously Any help appreciated Thank you In this case, you want to use the INDIRECT function. E.g., =SUM(INDIRECT(A1)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Kiwi" &...

Time formula
I'm trying to find a fomula that inserts the time on column b when I enter a text on column a.... ...

How to create a formula?
What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. In the cell type =F67+C68+E68-D68 best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Zygy" <zygy@bt.connect.com> wrote in message news:eDXC$INMHHA.5064@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > What do I do to have a result appear automatically in F68 which is the > result of F67+C68+E68-D68. Currently I Copy and Paste on F67 & F68. > As I said I copy and paste the formula already, but how do I...

Formula "Change" Problem
Situation: In cell A1, I have a simple formula that sums the data in the following 6 horizontal cells. The formula is =SUM(B1:G1) I want this formula to never change under any circumstance. The problem is if I insert a column before in front of column B the formula changes to the following: =SUM(C1:H1) The spreadsheet is setup so that it is supposed to calculate a rolling 6 week total. Each new week a new column will be inserted and the data for the new week entered. How can i keep the formula from changing as the worksheet changes? Thank you in adnvance to anyone that may be able to h...

Formula or not?
Hi, How can one determine if a cells contais a value or a formula? I'm trying to use Conditional Formatting to color code the cells based on their content (formula or value). Does anyone know? Thanks -- J. Avelar Here's a nifty macro that some kind folks in the group gave me some time ago........it works super. (watch out for email word-wrap) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 Public Sub IDFormulae() Dim response As Variant response = Application.InputBox("Identify Cells containing formulas with:" & _ vbNewLine & "1 - Red Border" & vbTab &am...

Month Formula #2
Is there a formula that would read the previous cell and insert the following month? Ex. Prev Cell is "June" the next cell would read "July"? Hi Todd, That really depends if what you have in the cell is a date or text. When you select a cell in question, what does it say in the Formula Bar? Is it "June"? Or is a number/date *formatted* to show June (mmmm)? If it's a date, check out the EOMONTH function from the Analysis Toolpak. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "Todd Nelson" <ToddNelson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Change Directory Creation/Modification Date/Time programatically
Hi, Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification date/time through C++/MFC code? Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Thanks in advance. Vignesh. In article <98EDAE87-3F31-4F06-AE8C-378CF91A6F3A@microsoft.com>, Vignesh@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Hi, > Can anyone help me out to change the directory creation/modification > date/time through C++/MFC code? SetFileTime. > Can this be acheived without changing the system time? Yes. -- Later, Jerry. The universe is a figment of its own imagination. "Je...

formula? #4
i am using a mail merge and i need to create special email address to be sent via my online fax service... the email address go as: /fax=951-486-3760/name=Alan.Bliss@acumenfax.com I have a fax number and a name in each row in the file i want to insert the appropriate fax/email address as above 1) how can i get this column to make this formula by pulling from collumn AO (the fax number? 2) how can i get the name in row AZ to convert into the formula? 3) also the names in column AZ are in this format: Alan Bliss, i need them to be in this format Alan.Bliss.... how can i exchange the s...

Time series #2
I have several tabs for different dates with data in it. Colomn contains the time in format 13:30:30. For my project, I require to know the number of data points in variou time series, pls see below. 7:30:00 8:30:00 8:30:00 9:30:00 9:30:00 10:30:00 10:30:00 11:30:00 11:30:00 12:30:00 12:30:00 13:30:00 13:30:00 14:30:00 14:30:00 15:30:00 15:30:00 16:00:00 I tried countif and if function but could not come up with the results PLS HELP. If I have to do it manually then I am dead..... -- mohitmahaja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mohitmahajan's ...

FRx Formula
Hello: I fixed an issue with a client's balance sheet. But, I do not understand why my fix worked and I'm curious. So, I thought that I'd ask. The client had created a new account for Bad Debt Expense. Of course, they added this account to their row format for their income statement. And, it showed up just fine on the income statement. But, on the balance sheet, Retained Earnings would not reflect the correct amount. Simply put, Retained Earnings was not deducting the bad debt expense account. In other words, Retained Earning was $33k higher than it should have been....