Time difference #2

Hi,
In Col. 'A' a time is enter through time(08,0,0) function and in Col. 'B'
the current time through Now() function. How I can calculate the difference
or the number of hours and minutes laps between two times.
please help me to get the answer.
thanks..

0
ismail1 (13)

Hi
use
=B1-A1
and format as time

or if the time can span midnight try
=B1-A1+(B1<A1)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

ismail wrote:
> Hi,
> In Col. 'A' a time is enter through time(08,0,0) function and in Col.
> 'B' the current time through Now() function. How I can calculate the
> difference or the number of hours and minutes laps between two times.
> please help me to get the answer.
> thanks..

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/29/2004 7:57:04 PM
if you use time(8,0,0) then you don't care about the date.
If this is the case, you have to substract the date part from the now()
function
Therefore, column B should be:
=NOW()-FLOOR(NOW,1)
which gets rid of the integer part (date)
and then column C is just:
B - A
You're just going to get a decimal number; format it as hh:mm and you'll get
what you want

guillermo

"ismail" <ismail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> In Col. 'A' a time is enter through time(08,0,0) function and in Col. 'B'
> the current time through Now() function. How I can calculate the
difference
> or the number of hours and minutes laps between two times.
> please help me to get the answer.
> thanks..

0
gmozavala (23)
10/29/2004 7:59:36 PM
thanks to both of you.
both formats are working...

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> use
> =B1-A1
> and format as time
>
> or if the time can span midnight try
> =B1-A1+(B1<A1)
>

> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> ismail wrote:
> > Hi,
> > In Col. 'A' a time is enter through time(08,0,0) function and in Col.
> > 'B' the current time through Now() function. How I can calculate the
> > difference or the number of hours and minutes laps between two times.
> > please help me to get the answer.
> > thanks..

0
ismail1 (13)

Outlook 2003 Crashes #2
Help please!! Event ID 1000. Source Office 11. This computer crashes while in Outlook. Suddenly closes the application and the opens the application again and you may continue working on it. I would like to know what is causing this to crash. This computer was upgraded from 98 to XP in order to install Office Professional Edition 2003. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. Denise ...

The connection was dropped by remote host #2
Hello, For certain domains, I get the following error in the queue: "The connection was dropped by remote host". This is on an Exchange 2003sp2. DNS is correct. If I use telnet and SMTP commands to reproduce the problem, I am able to send email to the problematic domains. Thanks for your help. Pierre Pierre <Pierre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >For certain domains, I get the following error in the queue: "The connection >was dropped by remote host". This is on an Exchange 2003sp2. DNS is correct. >If I use telnet and SMTP commands to reproduce ...

Same action in different worksheets
I am trying to do same action in all the sheets of an open workbook. I started with simple code below but it does not work. I get an error "type mismatch" at For Each sht In Worksheets Sub tryabc() Dim sht As Worksheets For Each sht In Worksheets Range("I1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "Status" Next sht End Sub Thanks Jay -- sa02000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa02000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27747 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

Time formula #4
I need a time formula that wll give me a break down of regular time over time, and double time: example 12.75 = 10 2 .7 -- Donal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Donald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1517 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26801 Would you not put the results in separate cells such as You would need to calculate the double time first. A1 = Hours Worked B1 = Regular Hours C1 = Overtime D1 = Double Time Based on your answers for the 12.75 h...

Re: Magic Indian Oil for MEN! Free Trial #2
Real Magic Indian Oil from traditional Indian herbs. FREE TRIAL FOR 500 customers (5ml bottle), Ring +91 9810577227 ...

Run-time error 3061 excel to access
Using Access 2000 I'm trying to convert excel files to access with this code: Private Sub LoadNewWorkOrders_Click() Dim strPath As String Dim strFileName As String strPath = "C:\Documents and Settings\CMC\New Work Orders\" 'Path to directory where new w/os are strFileName = Dir(strPath & "*.xls") 'Dir function returns only Excel files Do While Len(strFileName) <> 0 'After Dir function returns all .xl files, it returns a zer...

synchronizing outlook on 2 computers
What's the best way to synchronize outlook on 2 computers? Until now, I've been copying the pst file between my desktop and my notebook using a promgam called Beyond Compare to make certain both have the same information. I read somewhere in this group that this is not a good way to do this, since it can lead to a corrupted profile. I recently ran into a corrupted profile problem that took me weeks to recover from, and I don't want it to happen again. Surely there are a lot of people who want to do exactly what I'm trying to do. Thanks in advance, Pic There's some inf...

Can I link dates within 2 different cells to a calendar?
\Is is possible to set up an excel worksheet that has different columns (with different categories) of dates to link or import themselves into a outlook calendar for scheduling purposes? I am trying to show jobs that would carry over a period of days or weeks in a calendar format from an excel spreadhseet ...

Time Sync Problem on AD 2003 domain
Good Morning. I've inherited a recently created Win2K3 AD domain and am having issues with time synchronization. I am getting Event ID 12's in the event log, and the PDC is not synching with the time source, and I've been through the KB article and the registry changes there, and I am still seeing the event 12's. I found a post from John Randal on this msg board from 2004 that describes a similar problem, which he ultimately resolved by changing some group policies. But I don't know what group policies, or where. Now, since I've been messing with s...

Text boxes #2
I have created a series of workbooks w/20+ worksheets (most worksheet have a chart) in each one. The 200+ workbooks that I created wer based from a template. Each chart has 3 or 4 variables that hav trendlines. Then I have created text boxes to show (ex. the variabl name, % increase or decrease, R2 = 0.94, y = -7.39x + 1032). Now need to add some new worksheets in these workbooks with the same typ of charts. I have done this but when I go to reopen the file the tex boxes and the info in them for the new worksheets have disappeared. How do I get the text boxes to stay? I have had this p...

Filter #2
How can I configure Outlook to trash all incoming e-mails that contains certain objectional words? Hi, Try creating a rulr for all the incoming messages such that all those messages that contain the specific word in the body or subject should be deleted automatically. Hope this helps !!! Regards, Sudharson.AN "Stan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1528001c3fa22$95573ba0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How can I configure Outlook to trash all incoming e-mails > that contains certain objectional words? ...

different sections of the same sheet in landscape and portrait
I am trying to print different sections of the same sheet in landscape and portrait. I use office 2003 Hi you may try the following macro Sub print_different() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = "$A$1:$C$16" .Orientation = xlPortrait End With ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = "$A$17:$C$26" .Orientation = xlLandscape End With ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut End Sub Change the two ranges according to your spreadsheet layout -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt...

shading #2
Is it possible to shade a cell from a worksheet, when that something from that cell has been slected on another worksheet. Certain range is selected in another worksheet by LOOKUP formula and DATA VALIDATION, so when an item apperasas a result of one of those reason on the next worksheet, how do I apply a shade to this cell. It is to let me know it has been selected already. Thnx Prakash pkumar79@hotmail.com If you name the range on the other sheet, you can use the COUNTIF function to check whether the value has been used. For example, select cell B5 Choose Format>Conditional Formatting...

Creating forms in excel #2
I would like to create an excel spreadsheet that I would use to track documents. I would like to use checkboxes to indicate whether certain documents have been received in house. My question is do I have to link the checkbox to a cell? Also, if you have combo boxes, options groups etc. on a form are the answers linked to cells in another spreadsheet with the columns named the same as the labels on the form. Is there a website I could go to learn more about using forms in excel. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee Here are a few places to learn: h...

Combine 2 Merge Pubs?
Is it possible to combine 2 pub's each are a catalog merge to 2 different data sources. If not, is it possible to convert the merge to 'something else' so that the merged info is contained in the layout, no longer as a merge? Thanks -- Kathryn Sullivan Kathryn wrote: > Is it possible to combine 2 pub's each are a catalog merge to 2 different > data sources. > > If not, is it possible to convert the merge to 'something else' so that the > merged info is contained in the layout, no longer as a merge? One of the merge options given to you is "...

Printing from Outlook #2
We use Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2002. One person in our network (Windows NT) cannot print from the internet or from Outlook if the message comes in in HTML. He can copy things from the net, paste them to Word and then print. He can convert a message from HTML to plain text and it will print. Is there a setting somewhere that keeps HTML content from going to a printer? Any suggestions would be appreciated as our network guy just says it's a problem with the building -- but it hasn't always had this problem, and nobody else has the problem. Marty can this person print fr...

Excel? #2
How do I print titles on every page of a spreadsheet in Excel? To print titles on every page go to - File - go to - Page Setup - selcect - Sheet - and insert "Rows to repeat at top" the cells which contain the titltes your want on every page Hope this helps "Bruce" wrote: > How do I print titles on every page of a spreadsheet in Excel? ...

Why would %Complete different in Project Center from Details View?
Any tips appreciated. I have a case of one of my projects showing up in Project Center with 25% complete and when you click Edit and open the project, it opens up in the Details view and the same field shows 26% complete. When in Project Pro too, it shows up with 26%, so the project center view is showing it differently. Figured this out to be some unlinked tasks that are summated in the overview but not at the detail level. Not an issue anymore. "kahuna" wrote: > Any tips appreciated. I have a case of one of my projects showing up in > Project Center with ...

exchange 2003 offline address book #2
hello, I have an exchange organization in mixed-mode of exchange 5.5 and exchange 2003. I have some pure exchange 5.5 sites, some mixed sites and one pure exchange 2003 site. in the exchange 2003 site the system folder of the offline address book is empty with no filder of version 2 or version 3a. all the other sites are fine. when I try to download the OAB in the site I get an Error of 8004010f. I tried to create a new OAB and it worked fine but the system folder of the OAB in the site is still empty. Can anyone help? tnx. Move the OAB Generation server over to the Exchange 2003 server...

Final Results from 1 or 2 scores
i have made a report that shows the scores and placings for contestants. Some events have 2 sets of scores and so have two final results which get added togeter and then divided by 2 to give a final percentage in the final mark Box. Then sometimes the same event has only 1 set of scores and 1 result and so the report needs to reflect result 1 as the Final percentage eg Place Contestants name Result 1 Result2 Final mark -- 1 Betty Boo 56% 75% 65.5% 1 Betty Boo 56% ...

Business Portal 2.5 Installation Error #3
I'm trying to install BP2.5 and keep getting this error (below). I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've tried cleaning up any extra files laying around that could be causing this error to no availe. I'm really stumped here. 'mbfpackager data importation process has failed. Please see mbfpackager.import.nomerge.common.xml file for more information'. inside this file I found Event_Information>System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the file 'GPReg.dll' is invalid. File name: "GPReg.dll" at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName ...

Outlook 2007 opens inbox several times
I have the problem that when I click(once) on the Outlook 2007 quicklunch icon, it opens the inbox 2 times, this problem has been increasing because today I have opened 8 times the inbox, 2 times the sent items, and some email I have double clicked, and all them are in group because I have checked the option "group similar taskbar buttons" on the taskbar properties. Also every instance of inbox saves his own configuration, I mean, if I click on the first inbox, I can have one email marked, the 2nd inbox could have a search, the 3rd can be on another email marked,.......

Formula help please #2
I am attempting to make a worksheet that would show the number of carbs in a food item. If beer is picked, then 13.2 carbs should show up. Usually, I would use a validation drop down list. If I only do one, I normally do something like this: =IF(B3=B61,C61,0) (B3 is drop drop down list area, B61 is the specific food item, C61 is the number of carbs for that food item) In order to make it work for every single food item, what would I have to do? An example of what the list looks like is: A B C Portion Food Item Total Carbs Alcohol 12 fl oz Beer 13.2 ...

Run-time error '1004
Can some please explain to me why I am getting 'Range' of object '_Global' failed error? The ranges that are referred to on that line are 3 cell columns. Thank you, thank you, thank you ��� Sub Macro2() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Dim rngToSearch As Range Dim wks As Worksheet Dim rngFound As Range Dim Value As Variant Dim i As Long Dim rngSrc As Range Dim nameToFind As String Set wks = Sheets("Query") Set rngToSearch = wks.Columns(1) Set rngSrc = Range("BU" & ...

Input Custom Footer Date, external site users see a different date
Hi, I have been updating an XLS worksheet with a Custom Footer Date that enter manually when the document is updated every quarter. Clients a Homebase (west coast) can see the "right" date of when the document wa updated. External users (Remote sites, mostly east coast) see the date as date when it was changed in the last quarter. Example: I change the date to 03/31/04 in Custom Footer. External User see it as 12/30/03. Any ideas to why this maybe happening??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...