time conversion #5

I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to
total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a
vlookup table to do it, but it sometimes returns a wrong
value. Help?
0
pgadmer (1)

Either format the cell as

[mm]

or use a formula like

=A1*24*60

and format as general.

--
Regards

Juan Pablo Gonz�lez

"Pierre" <pgadmer@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to
> total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a
> vlookup table to do it, but it sometimes returns a wrong
> value. Help?

0
JuanPablo1 (72)
10/8/2004 8:41:33 PM
Multiply your elapsed time cell by 1440 and format as a number.
For example, if d1 reads 3:15, your formula would be =D1*1440.  Be sure to
format the cell as a number *not* a date/time.

"Pierre" wrote:

> I need to convert elapsed times from hours & minutes to
> total minutes. For example 10:35 to 635. I tried making a
> vlookup table to do it, but it sometimes returns a wrong
> value. Help?

Printing Question #5
How do I print worksheet pages from various workbooks from one worksheet. Either an Excel or VBA solution woudld be fine. Thanks, John John In VBA you could open all the workbooks and then print them, this code opens two and prints everything in each Sub PrintOtherBooks() Dim wb1 As Workbook, wb2 As Workbook Set wb1 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book1.xls") wb1.PrintOut wb1.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb1 = Nothing Set wb2 = Workbooks.Open("C:\Book2.xls") wb2.PrintOut wb2.Close SaveChanges:=False Set wb2 = Nothing End Sub -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampt...

Excel macro #5
I have recorded a macro that formats a cell, I am unable to stop recording the macro with the focus on the same cell. Hitting return I can then stop recording but get a range statement at the end of the macro. This is what I have for the macro: With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 39 .Pattern = xlSolid .PatternColorIndex = xlAutomatic End With ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "^" Range("H27").Select This causes the macro to end o up on the H27 cel after every time the macro is run. Is there any way to keep the focus on the active cell I ...

exchange 5.5 owa cann't logon in mailbox
when I use owa to logon,the www publish service and IIS admin service will stop response.I have to restart the IIS.But after restart , the first time I can logon in mailbox,and then fail again.My user use ms outlook 2003,the mail server is exchange 5.5.I have installed KB818709,but it doesn't work, most of the time,I can only open the logon.asp page,can't logon to mailbox.Please help me. error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot con...

help populating appointment times in table
I will try to explain as simply as I can. I have a database that keeps client records and creates appointment dates and times after update of a provider name combobox by running a macro with several queries. Now here is where I don't know what I am doing. I have it working perfectly providing someone has not used the 9:00 spot in the appointment book because I have it defaulting to 9am. How do I add code to have the default change to a different time for any record where the 9:00 spot is already used? I am not very good with the code writing though I can manage to add a snippet in...

Word to Jpeg conversion
Hi, Is there any one to help me out. I copied the content of a word document(should have the print border guide extended than normal page layout) and created a jpeg image by using the below code. But we see the truncation issue in the left and right side of the captured image. Please help to resolve the truncation issue in the captured image. On Error GoTo err: Dim x As New Word.Application Dim w As New Word.Document Set w = x.Documents.Open("C:\Vet11.doc") Clipboard.Clear With w.Application.Selection .WholeStory .CopyAsPicture Pictur...

trouble with excel #5
Hello, Iam trying very hard to find a fourmula in order to calculate holiday for my employees. The problem is as follow... If they are in the company for less than 2 years they are entitle to 20 days between the 1st of January and the 31st of december If they are in the company between 2 and 5 years they are entitle to 22 days from their anniversary date. If they are in the company for more than 5 years they are entitle to 25 days from their anniversary date. My problem is to take in consideration their anniversary date (ex starting date the 15 of march 2000 how many holidays does this perso...

Web query time out problem
Hi, I have a workbook with around 350 sheets each with a web query in. If try to update all, about a half of the sheets will successfully updat before the message 'www..... The access to this internet site ha exceeded the allotted time'. Can anyone suggest a workaround? For example would it be possible t update the web queries in batches of 100? Thanks, Berti -- claytor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1161 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Daylight Savings Time Issue
I have an Exchange 2003 installation with 930+ mailboxes. I understand that I have to apply a patch to my Windows 2003 server and the Exahgne Patch on that server. I also know that I have to apply the patch for Windows XP. My Quesitons are: 1. Do I have to use the The TIme Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook IF I use the Exchange Calendar Update Tool? 2. Will there be problems if I applied both patches to my server that also is the host for my Exchange installation and my clients are not updated or if they are updated. I just don't want to do double work if I don...

Exchange 2000 Keeps Sending the same Mail each time the Server is Restarted.... !
Hi Folks; I'm running Exchange 2000 and I recently sent out email to 5,600 people that belong to my website. The problem is, each time I re-start the server it sends out all those emails - again. I've re-started the server 4 times now over the last few weeks (due to Windows Updates etc) and each time it sends the same emails to the same 5,600 people. Needless to say, people are starting to wonder about me ;-) Does anyone know what would cause Exchange 2000 to do this? Thanks! Marvin Hi, Look in the SMTP queue folder to see if the message is saved there. Leif "Marvin Mill...

What happens during a conversion?
Greetings. I have a SQL Server 2000 database that uses Access 97 for the Front and Back Office GUI. I need to use Access XP for the Front and Back Office GUI, but I'm afraid that something "bad" is going to happen during this conversion that will cause this VERY important database to become destroyed. Will a conversion damage the SQL data? Will a conversion only change "things" associated with Access? What exactly goes on during a conversion? What kind of prep work do I need to accomplish before attempting the conversion? If I'm posting in the inappropriate p...

Conversion to Access Project- currentdb
Hi, How is everyone today? I am in the process of converting an Access database to an Access Project. The data sits in a SQL server database while reports/queries/forms remain in Access. I had: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub Command20_Click() Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb() but changed this to: Option Compare Database Option Explicit Public Sub Command20_Click() Dim db As ADODB.Connection Set db = CurrentProject.Connection which works ok. Now later in the code I have: Private Sub Command1_Click() Dim db As ADODB.Connection which gives me the fol...

Date and time stamp
I would like to place a time and date in a cell that is only update when the cell that it is linked to is updated in any way. I have trie today() and now() but that updates anytime I do anything anywhere o the spreadsheet. I am using this as a log and as such I want to keep "time stamp" when someone enters their initials. Thanks, Troosh:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com For a possible solution see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "troosh >&...

excel 5.0
About a year or so ago I purchased an old version of excel 5.0 on floppy disks as my wife's old favorite laptop does not have a CD drive. Apparently 1 disk is bad and it will not load all of the program. The only thing it will not do is go to landscape. Everything else works OK. Can someone please help with the problem. Thanks a lot. John Lewis Hi John 5 is an old babe. But I assume you by landscape talk printouts. There's probably a conflict between the printer driver and the old lady. Perhaps she won't recognize a 10 years younger printer as a fullblown printer, or ...

OLEobject properties at run time
Good afternon, my question is, how can I change the OLEobject properties of a textbox control at run time? any suggestions? ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.BackColor = &H8080FF is one way. User wrote: > > Good afternon, my question is, how can I change the OLEobject properties of > a textbox control at run time? > > any suggestions? -- Dave Peterson Thanks for responding, in my case I need to change the property "EnterKeyBehavior" to true, how make it? Besides, how make for viewing the diferent methods and properties that it ex...

filtering or sorting by sender time zone
I would like to optimize my opportunities for rapid two-way dialog by email. For example, when I read my email in Boston at 7:00 AM, I first respond to email from India, who are nearing the end of their day, then from Europe, who are about 6 hours ahead of me, and so on. Currently, I do this just by looking for specific senders and handling their email first. But, it would be great if I could write a filter that would sort email into GMT + 5.5, GMT+2, GMT, GMT-5, and GMT -8. Is this possible? Thanks, Rob ...

Installing Money 2004 #5
Can't install Money 2004. I have removed Norton. Keep getting installation interrupted. I have even tried RUN and ADD/Remove software. I have even run cleanup that came with Money 2004. In microsoft.public.money, dsjje85@aol.com wrote: >Can't install Money 2004. I have removed Norton. Keep >getting installation interrupted. I have even tried RUN >and ADD/Remove software. I have even run cleanup that >came with Money 2004. Try installing to a different folder. In microsoft.public.money, dsjje85@aol.com wrote: >Can't install Money 2004. I have remove...

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

Timesheet to monitor flexi-time
Hi All, Does anyone have a spreadsheet that can be used to record employee timesheet details, capable of accommodating simple flexi-time and part time hours. Ideally, i would like an option to add employees and then enter their agreed working hours (this is to be used as a look up). Then, On a weekly basis, data will be entered for the previous 7 days� Hours worked can fall under the following categories... Hours worked �normal� time Hours worked flexi time Hours �Sick� Holiday Bank Holiday Authorised Absence Paid Authorised absence unpaid I'd also like A way of viewing information...

PFMigrate and removal of last 5.5 Server #2
I setup a new 2003 server in a new AD with trust to the NT domain. I then created a new Exchange 2003 server in Co-Existence with the 5.5 server. I am preparing to remove my last/only 5.5 server. I used pfmigrate to replicate/move the folders to my 2003 server. The old server is currently off and has been off for a few weeks now. The replication setup is still there and building in size..not an issue as far as I am concerned. Here is my question. Do I have to bring up the old server to use PFMigrate to delete the pub folders on the old server before I remove the server from my co-existe...

Outlook 2003/Exchange 5.5
We have just started using Outlook 2003. On every system so far, we notice that when Outlook is started, it takes 4 minutes to connect to the email server, Exchange 5.5. We are using the caching feature, so Outlook comes up, we can see the mail in the cache, but it takes a good 4 minutes to actually contact the mail server and bring in new mail messages. When I take the check mark off the use cache feature, the Outlook box comes up, but hangs the 4 minutes it is taking to connect to the server. This is only happening with Outlook 2003, as XP, 2000 work correctly. We are wondering...

Sorting Data Employee name time
I have a worksheet of data (Employee names and times from job sheets) which i need to sort by employee name and then totalise times to find total hours worked for the job. There name may apear several times or not at all. I need a total for each person then to be written to the database sheet through the database template add in. Hi for this I would use a pivot table. <See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frank...

date format problem #5
hi all, I am creating a report using a tool called Nvison. it uses a query tool that will return data and populate it to an excel sheet. this query tool has the default date format yyyy/mm/dd which cannot be changed. In my excel file data output ,I want the date to be in the format mm/dd/yyyy. Though i have defined custom date format(mm/dd/yyyy) for my column the data is populated in the format yyyy/mm/dd in the excel sheet.However when i double click on the cell and press enter the format becomes mm/dd/yyyy which is the custom format that i have defined(& the format that i want). can...

OUTLOOK with BUSINESS CONTACT MANAGER #5
I have Office 2003 that includes all standard applications and InfoPath and OneNote. Which version of Office 2003 would include Business Contact Manager?. Is it possible to purchase BCM as a stand alone and add it to Office 2003? Thanks. The Small Business and Professional editions include BCM. It is not available as a separate product. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Kassem" <kassemtf-online@yahoo.com> wrote in mes...

Long Time User
Has anyone else noticed that most of the oddball problems with MS Money 2005 affect long time users of MS Money? Yes I've been a long time user of MS Money (although maybe not much longer) I upgraded to Money 2005 premium and it's a piece of junk! "cybun" wrote: > Has anyone else noticed that most of the oddball problems with MS Money 2005 > affect long time users of MS Money? ...

Send/receive times out w/multiple accounts
Howdy Gang... I am running outlook 2003 and ran into a problem a while back I have multiple email accounts that were all working fine when I clicked on Send/Receive... It would do all the accounts. Recently I was getting errors "operation timed out waiting for a response from receiving pop3 server..." If I check only 1 account,it will get them mail.,then I have to shut down outlook,restart it and check the next account. I've tried microsoft help and office help...no luck. I stuck all the same account information into outlook EXPRESS and it does check all the accounts right away,l...