time and curency

if i wanted to put 2 times in and get excel to work out the time take
in hours between it and then times that by another cell which is th
hour rate in � giving a out put in � how would i do it?

i cant get excel to take the hours worked and convert it into mone
earned. for example 4:55 hours and �5 hourly rate would be �24.58 but
cant get excel to do this.

please help

thankyou

Da

                 Attachment filename: wages.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=62592

Hi!

If the earlier  time is in A1 and the later one is in B1 and the hourl
rate is in C1:

Setting D1  =C1*(B1-A1)*24 should give you what you want.

The factor 24 is needed to convert days into hours, because th
standard unit of time in Excel is the day.

A1 and B1 are formatted for time: D1 for currency.

Al

SMTP Current Sessions
I had a situation this morning where I found 400 connections on my Exchange servers' SMTP connections. All the inbound Internet email was tied up since I have four servers each set to 100 max connections. I have the connection time-out parameter on all the SMTP virtual servers set to 10 minutes (600 seconds), so how can sessions stay open for several hours? I saw connected times > 10,000 seconds. Shouldn't the time-out parameter prevent this? Or am I missing something? -------------------- Glenn Blinckmann "Glenn Blinckmann" <gblinckmann@communities.microsoft....

Appointment
I seem to have a recurring problem with CRM appointments in CRM 3.0. Whenever I create an appointment that is an 'All Day' appointment the end date which is shown as highlighted (in blue) in the 'End Time' dropdown does not match the text of the field. For example when I create an appointment with an End Time of 02/12/09 it highlights 03/12/09 in the dropdown value when the datepicker is clicked, even though when I look at the database table the correct date is being held (02/12/09)? Has everyone ever experienced this? This problem seems to occur no matter what date is entered...

time scale axis
When I change my X axis to time scale, it changes my axis dates to 1/1/1900. When I try to fix this, it scrunches all my data points up to the left. What the heck am I doing wrong? Sounds like Excel doesn't recognize your category labels as numerical dates. In this case, it treats the categories as 1, 2, 3, etc, and Excel thinks day 1 is 1/1/1900. Remove the horizontal alignment from the cells with dates. Are they all right aligned? Any which are not are text. To convert them to numerical dates, assuming they are otherwise recognizable to Excel, format the cells as dates (Format...

Cannot email attachments-smtp server times out
I can't email attachments!!! Every time I do, I get the "SMTP server timed out". I can email text only. There doesn't seem to be any security enabled. I can download fine, and I can upload through an FTP program. This seems to be an outlook problem (outlook 2000). Any suggestions? Joe On 12 Apr 2004 16:23, "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> wrote: >I can't email attachments!!! >Every time I do, I get the "SMTP server timed out". >I can email text only. >There doesn't seem to be any security enabled. >I ca...

Refreshing all data imports on different sheets from the same file at the same time
I am importing a text file that has a lot more than 256 columns. The data will be updated weekly with a different text file. I know how to get past the 256 column limit when importing a text file like this. This link explains the method I am using to import the text file. http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/as...548201033.aspx Since I am importing onto several sheets I get the dialogue box asking me to choose a file to import from for every sheet when I use RefreshAll. The same file that is used by the first sheet will be used by the rest of the sheets. Each sheet just imports a different sectio...

Scroll bar
I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser who is unfamilier with my appliaction that there is no further text below the visable. Is there a way of making the verticle scroll bars appear all the time? RitchieJHicks wrote: > I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. > > At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the > scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser > who is ...

Backup time -very long
Hello, We have one Exchange Server 2003 SP2 which is also file server (Windows 2000 Server). Each night we run a backup of the file area and an online backup of the exchange data. We use a separate server as "backup server". Both servers are on local LAN (100Mb/s). Backup software is VERITAS Backup Exec 10.0 REV 5520, on Windows 2000 Server. HP LTO Ultrium1 backup drive, no compression used. The speed of the file area is good, some 450Mb/min. But the backup speed of the Exchange mailboxes seems to be slow. We have some 40mailboxes (150.000 mails/2500folders) which are to...

How do I create a chart that shows different periods of time.
I need to create a chart that lists 10 different employees' work periods with the company. They may overlap in some years. In one instance the employee worked from May 7, 1996 to Jul 12, 1999, and then again from Aug 4, 2001 to Nov 11, 2008. A Gantt chart is need. Start by looking at http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Tessa" <Tessa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C4E2777-9E0A-4873-96D4-8D83B29548D1@microsoft.com... > ...

Sorry if this has been asked a 1000 times but
...how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? The existing salvage utils appear to only work on .mny files. Many thanks! In microsoft.public.money, [ice] wrote: >..how can I restore a corrupt .mbf file? Corrupt in the sense that Money says it is corrupt? I don't see any hope. Corrupt in the sense that the OS cannot read the media correctly and gets CRC errors? There are data recovery services that might be able to help you. Sometimes a different drive on another computer can read that floppy that you machine won't. Write-protect that floppy now. Copy what you can from each of the ...

fixing time column
How can I extract/copy the time from 1 column to another and successfully apply a time format of 00:00 to the new column/data? I imported tab delimited data which contains 2 columns with time values. The first time column successfully receives the time format 00:00 (I do this so they are a uniform width). However the 2nd time column does not receive the time format not and I cannot "see" what is preventing the time format from being applied. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Tracey What do the values in that second column look like? Maybe excel can't recognize them as ...

I need to calculate in time, out time and lunch...
Hi there I'm working on a data base to replace our Excel time sheet. I need input on the data types for these fields. Currently I have them setup this way. StartTime (Date/Time, Medium Time) Input mask 99:00\ >LL;0;_ Lunch (Date/Time, Short Time) Input mask 00:00;0;_ (input options are 0:15, 0:30, 0:45 etc.) EndTime (Date/Time, Medium Time) Input mask 99:00\ >LL;0;_ The Start and End Time come from a list that has a data type of (Date/Time, Medium Time) Input mask 99:00\ >LL;0;_ I want to be able to calculate the difference between the start and end time, then subtract the lu...

Journal Entries don't sort correctly by date/time
Journal Entries sort correctly by date, but times are usually wrong. Here's today's J/E (so far). Notice the times: Entry Type Subject Start Duration Categories Task NT10 weekly reboot Tue 2/24/2004 4:32 pm 2 minutes Network Task NT9 weekly reboot Tue 2/24/2004 4:30 pm 2 minutes Network Task NT8 weekly reboot Tue 2/24/2004 4:28 pm 2 minutes Network Task NT11 weekly reboot Tue 2/24/2004 4:43 am 2 minutes Network Task NT9 restart Tue 2/24/2004 4:39 am 4 minutes Network Task Process eMail Tue 2/24/2004 3:52 am 35 minutes Administrative ...

Set date to Date and time picker
Hello there I have access application with Date and time picker object inside. I can bound it to table. But i can't set value to it. I tried this Sub Form_Load() me.txtArrivalDate = "07/01/2005" 'July the first End Sub I got this error: Date and time picker error: Property is read-only How can i set value to date and time picker? I'm confused, Roy! You appear to be trying to set a default date to your Date/Time picker, but you're trying to assign a date to a textbox control. If, in fact, you're trying to set a value to the date picker, try this, where...

Can I print calendars without start & end times?
This would be a good thing for our employee vacation calendar since the time takes up too much page in each printed cell, but I can't figure out how to do it! Mary if they show on the outlook calendar, they will print if there is room. Turn them off on the outlook calendar by right clicking on the grid and choosing other settings and uncheck Show end times. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outloo...

Macro run time error 1004
I am getting the above error with - Method 'range' of object'_global' faile When I debug it the highlighted area is the secong to last line in the script below Workbooks.Open Filename:= "N:\PCINFO\Jhyf8\New files\Organisation Dir - BIW.xls Range("G3").Selec Selection.CurrentRegion.Selec Application.CutCopyMode = Fals Selection.Cop Windows("Organisation Directory main.xls").Activat x = ActiveCell.End(xlDown).Row + 1 'for row numbe 'x = ActiveCell.End(xlDown).Offset(1).Address 'for addres Range(&q...

SQL Server Profiler Determine Number Times User Account Used
I have numerous SQL Server 2005 Profiler traces that run when certain user account are used in the database server in the last month. Please help me with a program to determine the number of times and duration the user account has been used in a database server? Please help me resolve this issue. Joe You can query SUM(duration) column in the trace file...I mean he/she was running the queries Also take a look at DDL Trigger for log on event http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/logon-triggers/ "Joe K." <JoeK@discussions.microsoft.co...

outlook Add-In problem accessing shared calendar second time
Hi I had developed an Add - In for outlook 2003. It works fine while accessing the inbox folder. But when I tried to access the mail item stored in the calendar of another user, it works fine for the first time. When I opened the mail Item in the calendar for the second time it says "The operation Failed" error message. I think the error is generated in the line "Inspector.CurrentItem" when the application tries to get the reference of the active inspector Regards R.Balamurugan You would have to show more of your code for anyone to see what you are doing and how. ...

Working time rota's
office 07 How can I make up a working rota in excel Do you mean ie: Time On/Off duty, total hours, days off, etc etc? "Dave" <daveelenor195@binternet.com> wrote in message news:PuqdnUHSyNaUtM7anZ2dnUVZ8hmdnZ2d@bt.com... > office 07 How can I make up a working rota in excel > ...

time email sent and actually received
Several people in my office have reported that they are receiving emails sent at say 12:30 pm at 3:00 pm. The inbox then indicates the email was received at 12:33 pm. There is a lag of 3 hours before the email is actually received The inbox indicates that it was received 3 minutes after it was sent. It the problem with the Exchange Server? Please help What version of Outlook and Exchange? Do the users receive new mail notifications or do they have to change folders before new messages show up? If the latter, then see if this article applies: OL2000: You Cannot Receive New E-mail N...

Add new record to master and subform at the same time.
Using Access 2003 SP2. I have a master form and linked subform. For procedural reasons related to another form, I need to ensure that a new record is added to the subform when a new record is created in the master form. Obviously, I'm having an issue. Setup: The forms are locked down. The user must click an custom Add button to add a new record in the master form. I'm trying to fit the additional code into this routine. The user can also click another Add button to manually add a record into the subform, but I also need to do this automatically. What is the best way to accomplish...

Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch, Best Wristwatch Mall
Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch, Best Wristwatch Mall Click Here To Website : http://jacob-co.watchesmall.net/Jacob-Co-wristwatch= -3939.html Luxury Watches Mall: http://www.watchesmall.net/ Jacob & Co. H-24SSBL Black The Five Time Zone Mens Watch Information : Brand : Jacob & Co. Watches ( http://jacob-co.watchesmall.net/ ) Gender : Mens Code : jacob-co-watch-h-24ssbl Also Called : Case Material : White Gold Case Thickness : 47.50 mm Dial Color : Black Bezel : White Gold Movement : Automat...

Time shift in calendar items after sync
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Tried syncing my entourage calendar to ical and iphone 3G with my new Macbook Pro. With previous Mac my syncs been working fine for some time but have new computer is a different story. When I got to sync entourage and calendar items, the items are six hours later. Tried backing up entourage, erasing ical and entourage and reimporting backup calendar and get same result. I can import entourage calendar into ical and it looks fine (correct times) but it will sync with the iphone but not the...

Problem with Date/Time Picker format returned
Hello all, I am having an issue with the date/time picker format returned with reports that use this: Problem is as follows: - User clicks on the small 'calender' which pops up the current month/day to select from. - User clicks on a date, but the format returned in US format, not UK (example: 11/7/2007, but we require 7/11/2007, UK Format) - Running the report with the specified dates returns an error.... but, - If you manually type in the dates in UK format, the report runs fine. What I've tried so far: - Regional settings for Locale, Text Input, Language for Non-Uni...

Capturing Real Time Data
Hi, RTD is placed into an Excel 2007 cell via an Add In. This data is updated at random times. I would like to capture this data every minute and place it in another cell in the same Worksheet. Thanks. Here I go again. Last time I answered one of these it turned into a full out development effort. Ain't happening again!! But... You can set up an event to run at specified intervals. One of the better coding examples for it is Chip Pearson's code to make the text in a cell blink. That code is called once per second, you'd just want to change the interval to 6...

Last activity date/time for a case
Can anybody provide me with details of how I can either display in the case form or the SQL equivalent so I can produce a report of the date, time and title of the latest activity that was created on a Case. We have a business requirement to supply clients not only with details of outstanding cases, but when the last activity took place and the details of that activity There are probably several approachs you could take to accomplish your objective, write some custom code based on the sdk that updates fields on the case form when activities are created, etc. One of the easiest methods...