Tick box how do i? plz

Hi Folks,
I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show
whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank
you.
Mike

Got it sorted thnx

"Nevyn" wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have a spreadsheet that I want to put a tick box coloumn into to show
> whether I need to reprocess an item. Can some kind person tell me how thank
> you.
> Mike

Multi-level combo box
Hi I am writing a VB.Net app which is to replace an existing Java app. The Java author had access to a special control which looks like a combo box on the form, but which behaves more like a menu in that the user can select an item from the combo box and a second level of selections opens up to the right of the mouse pointer on dragging rightwards. Has anyone created a control like this for VB.Net? Can the native ComboBox control be used in this way? I am on VB.Net 2005. Regards -- Jim. If you're talking about a desktop app, TreeView items can have a checkbox. Tha...

Basing a query on the selection in a Combo box parameter
I have a group of engineers polling servers to learn what Middleware is running. I would like to give them a dataset to update as they get the info from the servers. I created a query that asks for a middleware type, and returns the servers that run that middleware. But I realize that there is a difference between WAS and Websphere, and expect users to make that mistake. To me the obvious answer is to force users to select from a fixed list in a combo box. I used Access Help, and found a topic for placing calendar controls in a form to drive the criteria for the query, and mod...

Why is the font tab missing from Format Control box?
I'm trying to set up option buttons in my excel file, but I cannot find a way to change the font of the text in the option button. In the excel help page it says to select the control, right click, select the Format Control button, then select the "Font" tab. For some reason... I'm not finding this "Font" tab. Am I missing something? If you are using an Option button from the Forms Toolbar there is no Font changing. Try an Option Button from the Control Toolbox. Then right-click>Properties. You will find you can make many customizations, inclu...

Word wrap in a list box?
Is there a way to make the item lines within a list box (in my case a series of sentences) wrap? This is a list box that's in a User Form that refs some cells in a worksheet and uses VBA to populate with an "AddItem" approach. ...

Report to show items with sale value ticked
I have noticed strange things happening with Items on sale, I know it sounds crazy but there seem to be items on sale which nobody put on sale, im extremely nervous we will erode profits if we dont keep an eye on items which shouldnt be on sale. Is there a report which simply shows things which have the sale tick applied? I know i can filter by dates, but if i dont know the dates it seems tricky. I also could do with a wizard which did something like making sure there were no items from s certain department catagory or supplier on sale, i suppose i could use sql to do this? thanks ...

code for a pop up box
Sorry, I forgot the subject when I mailed this post a couple of minutes ago. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi all, In my code I have a line like Const sABCD As String = "," but instead of this I want to enter the comma (or another character or string or nothing) by means of input via a kind of box that will pop up when the code is executed. What code do I need? Jack Sons The Netherlands Dim sABCD As String sABCD = Inputbox("Input a character") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) ...

Adding a databound list box to excel ?
I need to add a databound list box to excel. I would like me to type in a cell, the contents of the listbox is from a MS Access database !, I just can't see any help in the excel help or google searches :( any help would be grateful Thanks Adrian Thompson ...

how do i setup drop down box with sub catagories?
I am trying to set up a flow chart consisting of Main Folders which are in view, then within the main folders are sub folders which are also in view, but then i also want to create a drop down list from these subfolders but i can't seem to work out how to create a drop down list! ...

Update Text box
I have a form with 4 text boxes. The 1st is for date, the 2nd is for # of items made, the 3rd is for # of those that are not sellable. I would like the 4th to calculate the number that are sellable based on the numbers entered into the 2nd and 3rd text boxes. The form is set up to be Continuous forms, and I need the 4th text to calculate across all the records. Is that possible? If so, what's the best way to proceed? Thanks in Advance! On Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:58:00 -0700, Tara <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com>= wrote: >I have a form with 4 text boxes. The 1st is for...

How to display the results from two list boxes
I have two list boxes , Date and time period. When a user clicks on a value in each box I want to show the results on the form . ex: You have selected [ DATE ] for [time period]. On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 05:28:23 GMT, "Will Sellers" <willsellers@verizon.net> wrote: >I have two list boxes , Date and time period. >When a user clicks on a value in each box I want to show the results on the >form . >ex: You have selected [ DATE ] for [time period]. You refer to a listbox like this: Me.YourListboxName.Column(0) Note that Columns are zero-based, so the first column is...

???Drop Down Box with data from 2 columns???
Is there anyway that I can incorporate 2 columns in a drop down box? or a way around this. I have a form with a drop down box that lists phone numbers. I want to be able to select a phone number and match it up with the correct name. Can this be done without VB? You need to tell us what type of drop down box you have. Is this on a userform? Created from the Controls Toolbox or the Forms Toolbar? -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as to benefit others. "TotallyConfused" &l...

How to automatically forward news to an email add?? (plz note that news not email) thanks
Hello, I am using outlook express 6.0 and log in a newsgroup. I would like to have this function: whenever news message from this newsgroup comes to my news folder, it will be automatically forwarded to email address of my friend. I try to set up rules, unfortunately there is not this rule for news message, while there is this function for email messages. Do you know how to do this task in OE thanks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microso...

File Dialog Box Problem
Good Morning, I am trying to find an easy way to place a file path into a text field on a form. An image control will use this linked file path to display the image. I have tried using the File Dialog Box in VB code, but I get the following error: "Compile Error User-Defined type not defined" Any suggestions? I am using Access 2003. Below is the code I tried to use (from "Help"). Dim dlgOpen As FileDialog Set dlgOpen = Application.FileDialog( _ FileDialogType:=msoFileDialogOpen) With dlgOpen .AllowMultiSelect = True .Show End With ...

Is it possible to create an internal "search box" feature
I work for a college and we would like to put a "search box" feature on all of the pages for internal use. Is this possible to do in Publisher? Any help would be appreciated. ...

Need help cascading 5 combo boxes
I’m working with Access 2007. I have a form with two groups of cascading combo boxes. My first group has two cascading combo boxes, which works. My second group has 5 cascading combo boxes. This second group is giving me trouble. The first 3 combo boxes cascade nicely. But combos 4 & 5 display everything. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Everything I’ve seen posted only refers to two combos so I can’t seem to fill in the blanks when working with 5 combo’s. I know I’m missing something. The table name is tblICGDM. The 5 combo boxes are: cboInvestor; cboCompany; cboGr...

Consistant Box Sizes in Visio
HELP!!!!!! If you can answer this impossible question which should be an easy quick answer, mad props to your ingenious mind!! All I am trying to do in my Human Resources Organizational Chart is make all of my shapes (which are all square boxes) the SAME SIZE (at once). So far I can view the dimensions of a shape by going to the Insert--field--Geometry, etc. Or I can go to View--Size & Position window and type in the exact height and width of a box---but HOW in God's name can one select all the boxes and find a field to type in the dimensions desired, and have them ALL chan...

Combo Boxes in Charts
I have created a chart which includes a combo box which refers to a list of names. The problem is that the font size is too small - size 10 - and I would like to make it bigger. Have tried changing the font size of the data range for the combo box but this has no effect. The properties of the combo box let me change its size but not the font size of the list of items. Any suggestions. Thanks Shirley Munro -- Shirley Munro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shirley Munro's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=83...

Placing an CHtmlView on a Dialog Box.
Hai All, I have created a dialogbox . On Above that I placed a Window Created from CWnd , parent of this window is my dialogbox. Now My task is placing a CHtmlView on this Window(Window Created from CWnd). Is it possible. Thanks. George. > I have created a dialogbox . On Above that I placed a Window Created > from CWnd , parent of this window is my dialogbox. > > Now My task is placing a CHtmlView on this Window(Window Created from > CWnd). Is it possible. > You can use CHTMLCtrl: http://www.microsoft.com/msj/0100/c/c0100.aspx --- Ajay ...

Selecting text boxes code
What would a code that would say: Select all the text boxes in columm E...... Thanks, B -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This will do it: Sub SelectBoxesInColumnE() Dim myTextBoxes() As String Dim myBox As Object Dim iBox As Integer With ActiveSheet iBox = 0 For Each myBox In .TextBoxes If myBox.TopLeftCell.Column = 5 Then iBox = 1 + iBox ReDim Preserve myTextBoxes(1 To iBox) myTextBoxes(iBox) = myBox.Name End If Next .TextBoxes(myTextBoxes)...

Enable Macros Dialog Box
Hello, Is there a way to not have the dialog box that asks you if you want to enable or disable macros in a word document not show when opening a document with macros. I have a form I want to send to a group and I don't want that dialog box showing when they open the document. Thanks very much for you help. Dee If I'm not mistaken, the decision to enable or disable macros in a received document is determined by the recipient , not the sender. "Dee" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to not have the dialog box that asks you if you want to ...

Lookup on a combo box
I have a combo box in cell C2, with facility locations in it. In another cell i want to either have an if statement if it matches the name put in an overhead rate or i could do a vlookup and have a hidden table in the sheet. Is there a way to do either of these on a combo box. What kind of combo box is it? Is it a Forms combo box or a Control Toolbox combo box? You have to do the lookup based on the combo box linked cell. The 2 types of combo boxes use the linked cell differently. A Forms combo box will return the selection *index number* to the linked cell. A Control To...

access window state
Hi guys (and girls) I'm having this problem with access. I dont know how to chage the size of access window form my visual basic NET application. This one person a while ago gave me advice to use some windows api function like: Declare Function apiMoveWindow Lib "user32" Alias "MoveWindow" _ (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, ByVal _ nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal bRepaint As Long) _ As Long but it doesnt seems that it works right... like x is actually setting y of window and y is actually th...

Two combo box for a report 09-11-07
Hello, A blessed day to you all! I have another question regarding reports. Let me try to explain this as far as i can..Please bear with me.. What i have done so far.. I have a simple report to display Issue Vouchers for a Certain Site. I have created an unbound form with a Combo Box (List of Site i have created base on the Site table) which will ask the user what Site only to be displayed in the report, so basically the user is trying to filter. So when the user choose a site example, Head Office and press the Preview button then the report will filter and display the report with only th...

command boxes from menu
I was working on word 2003, I had copied a portion of an online ebook to paste onto a new document, when I did right click to paste it on the doc. the command box appears outlined, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I then went to the menu at the top to Edit and find paste to do it from there and the same thing appeared; an outline of the command box, no word commands, it's like a ghost. I tried to pretend the words were there just not visible and moved my cursor to the position in which I thought paste was and clicked but nothing happened. Has anybody ever had this ...

Special Combo box
Access 2007, programming in 2003 mode. I have a table "tbl_tasks" which is the main table of my application. Several of its fields are lookups into other tables such as tbl_persons and tbl_urgencies. On one or more of my forms, I want to be able to filter list boxes via queries tied into the combo boxes. As an example, tbl_urgences consists of urgencyID urgencyText 1 High 2 Standard 3 Low I want to enable the user to filter what shows up in list boxes based on a combo box which would take its values from tables like t...