The tab key moves from A to L all of a sudden, how do I fix it please

Our secretary is bothered by the fact that her tab key advances from A
to L all of a sudden. It just made that change today. How can we fix it
so it goes jus to the next column instead all the way to L. Many
thanks.........Peter

0
P_Maston (15)

Double check these settings.

Tools->Options->Transition

Microsoft Excel Menus should be selected, and the 3 tick boxe
(Transition navigation keys, etc) should all be unticked.

I think that should fix your problem.

Hope it helps.

-Bo

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH......I appreciate you very much, it worked.
I'm the hero again thanks to you. How did that happen to change all of a
sudden?

"beeawwb >" <<beeawwb.10rmyy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Double check these settings.
>
> Tools->Options->Transition
>
> Microsoft Excel Menus should be selected, and the 3 tick boxes
> (Transition navigation keys, etc) should all be unticked.
>
> I think that should fix your problem.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> -Bob
>

> ---

P_Maston (15)
1/29/2004 2:16:26 AM
I honestly don't know how it happens, I just stumbled upon the solution
a few weeks ago when somebody asked the exact same problem.  I searched
the help files, and came across the section on transition from Lotus
1-2-3, and decided to see if that worked. Sure enough, it did make a
difference.

Perhaps Excel got some setting changed somewhere that made it revert to
transition mode? Or somebody unknowingly ticked a box, or an addin, or
something like that.

I suppose what matters in the end is that it works. :)

-Bob

---

You're right, in the end it is only important that it works. You have a nice
way to get to the point and get results at the same time.  I tried google
and the help section myself, but always have a problem with finding the
right words. English is not my mother tongue, so I usually look for a while
and then give up. Thanks to nice people like you and many many other
wonderful  people in this NG, I get my problems solved. I honestly try
myself first, and then come here. Bless you all.........Peter

"beeawwb >" <<beeawwb.10rwju@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I honestly don't know how it happens, I just stumbled upon the solution
> a few weeks ago when somebody asked the exact same problem.  I searched
> the help files, and came across the section on transition from Lotus
> 1-2-3, and decided to see if that worked. Sure enough, it did make a
> difference.
>
> Perhaps Excel got some setting changed somewhere that made it revert to
> transition mode? Or somebody unknowingly ticked a box, or an addin, or
> something like that.
>
> I suppose what matters in the end is that it works. :)
>
> -Bob
>

> ---

rpm4712 (28)

Moving Large emails to Public folders
One of our clients has a Mac which is synchronized to his exchange account, they are running exchange 2003 sp2. When he attempts to move emails with slightly bigger attachments (e.g. 1.6mb) then it throws up this error: "The action cannot be completed due to an error on the exchange server". Entourage is fully up to date. Anything I can do? Cheers ...

Help please.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47622.DFEC7DC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am using Microsoft Money Premium for household budgets etc. It was = working fine then all of a sudden it will not let me enter any new = entries or even alter existing entries. I just get a message that says = "This transaction cannot be entered". What can I do or what have I done????? ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C47622.DFEC7DC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Conten...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

OL2007+Exchange: Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...!
I'm seeing a very strange issue with my Outlook2007 (against Exchange)... Sent items disappear if i move them to another folder...! Steps: 1. Send an email. Sent email gets saved under Outlook's default "Mailbox\SentItems" folder. 2. Go to that SentItems folder, and move the mail to another folder (let's say "Foobar") under your inbox. 3. Go to "Foobar", make sure mail is still there. 4. Let Outlook Sync up with Exchange server (or hit "Send and Receive"). 5. You will notice that the mail disappears... ! I did a full text search in my ...

Sloooow. PLEASE HELP
Hi All, I have two questions first is where do I find the Windows 7 Disscussion Group. Have posted here because was unable to locate the windows 7 Discussion Group. My computer which is a SAMSUNG N110 3 months old has become very very very slow. It has Windows 7 installed I have upgraded the memory to two GIG. I have antivirus software and Anti Malware bytes installed. The problem i have is that the machine seems to slow down and sometimes crash whenever I click on internet explorer and many other applications such as office 2007 etc, etc. I have run the Norton Virus pr...

Move Data From Vertical to Horizontal
How do I get my speadsheet to move from vertical meaning: Name Type Hours Bob Regular 80.00 Bob OT 10.00 To look like this: Name Regular OT Bob 80.00 10.00 If anyone can help PLEASE comment. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You can create a pivot table to summarize the data. There are some instructions and links here: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm For ...

Moving Folders?
How do I move folders from one account to another? I want to move all my folders from my hotmail account to my Comcast account. How do I move folders from one account to another? Please disregard this post. Posted twice mistakenly... Please respond to the person that replied to your original post about this issue. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Artreid" <artreid44@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKkBQpxFLHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I move folders from one account to another? I want t...

Error after mailbox move E2K
Hi! Yesterday I moved a mailbox from one E2K server to the other one. Event log at server 1 told me that it was finished sucessfully. It disappeared from the Exchange System Manager view at server 1.Server 2 shows a red cross in front of the mailbox. In the context menu I am offered to reconnect the mailbox. But after choosing this I'm told that it is already connected to a user, that replication is not finished. But this ongoing for too many hours. Server 1 shows event 1205 in the event log (mailbox of this user cannot be created due to error 0x50x). I also cannot move the mailbox back o...

Determine when Enter Key is pressed in a sheet??
I want to determine when Enter key is pressed in a sheet that is active?? I would like then to run a macro when the Enter key is pressed ?? The Enter Key is not a capturable event. Worksheet change is This added to the individual worksheet in VBA will trigger when ever the sheet is changed. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target as Range) 'Do Stuff End Sub If you are going to make changes to the sheet using this event is is usually a good idea to turn off events at the start and then turn them back on at the end. Otherwise the changes trigger this macro again....

FORECASTING SALES (please let this be a worksheet function)
Hi I have recently been given the task by my boss to forecast one of ou key customers monthly usage until monthly until end of 2006, I am starting with this customers indidual branches monthly usage fo the past 3 years, Some branches will have opened and closed during thi time, And i am looking to be able to predict monthly usage for the nex 18 months Has anyone got any idea's on the best way to forcast within excel, I a currently using trend (fomulae given to me on this sight) but people ar saying this is not the best way Exponentionally has been mentioned by a few of my collegues but...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

TAB Order
Hello, i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it ? or what message is sent to application when TAB is pressed i couldn't get it done with keydown Thanks. Danish. Danish, GetParent()->SetFocus(); will transfer the focus from this window to its parent. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Sahil" <coder@topcoder.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23h0o2TAOEHA.540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it > ? or what message is sent to application when T...

Re: Could someone please help me with formulas
sorry typo http://www.eaglepi.com/formula/example.xls "No" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:... > I created a workbook and tried to explain the best I could how everything > should be. you can download the workbook at, > http://www.eaglepi.com/formlua/example.xls > > I really appreciate everyones help on this..... > > > "CLR" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message > news:%235IxtFEHFHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Maybe in cell J2 you could put the formula =H2+I2, which would give you > the > > sum of the C...

Moving Exchange DB's to a new server (different name)
In a DR test, we moved SG's to a new server, different server name, same SG and MS name. MS mounts, can not connect to mailbox. Delete mailbox, create a new one, we can then connect. Delete this mailbox, reconnect to the original, and now we can connect. How can we accomplish this in bulk? In other words, after doing a system state restore of AD, then a system state of Exchange, restored MS file, mounted, etc. We were unable to connect to these mailboxes. I am assuming this is related to GUID's. Any thoughts? Users in AD specify a server by name. When you say that you move mailbo...

Solution please
I am very good in VLOOKUP(). I don’t want to use and don’t want to show formulas in my excel sheet report. The form which I am creating is multi user form. The person using this form is not aware of employee number. If he enter employee name, he should automatically get corresponding employee number. This form keep on passing to different person. Is it possible create this form?? Please help me if any body has solutions ???macro??? If you have a table of names and numbers on say sheet3 you could use this Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: ...

Union Queries and Foreign Keys
I have a Union Query that combines two tables with identical fields/data types. The problem I am having is trying to get the resulting recordset to display the names of the organizations instead of the OrgID value. The recordsets that display when running the Queries that the Union Query is based on display the Organization name properly. Is there a way to do this using a Union Query? Thanks, russr First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win....Mahatma Gandhi Russ Rollins wrote: >I have a Union Query that combines two tables with identical >fields/d...

Please help
When I delete an email from the list of emails on the left sometimes it deletes an additional email right below it, it doesn't happen all the time and the only thin that I can do to make it happen is to open both emails separately then when I delete one from the list on the left it will delete another one and I don't always notice it so I am deleting emails that I don't want to and don't realize until later, also sometimes when I reply to email it will create a blank draft in the background that I don't realize is there unless I quit entourage ...

Excel 2002
When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move the cursor form cell to cell. How can I restore the normal cell to cell capability? Thanks Hi Bob Press your Scroll Lock key on the top right HTH John "+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message news:62hnd5pmurr5fh1cltn1t3ie537pcjb479@4ax.com... > When I press the left / right or up/down arrow keys in Excel 2002 > (Vista) it scrolls the spreadsheet columns or rows, it does not move > the cursor form cell to cell. > > ...

print startup tab of msconfig
dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig "Smiles" <smile_inspector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OIfsmfhvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > dose any one have a safe way to print the start up tab of msconfig If you use a screen capture utility to get a PICTURE of the appropriate tab of msconfig, you should then be able to print the picture easily enough using the standard methods. I have Gadwin Print Screen on my computer and used it just now to capture images of the start tab of msconfig. The pictures created by the screen ...

Moving mailbox question
I am moving mailboxes between exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I've noticed after the move, in Exchange 5.5, the mailbox still exist. Shouldn't the mailbox be deleted or removed from exchange 5.5? Thanks how, exactly, are you moving them? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "sean" <nosean@noemail.gmail.com> wrote in message news:Orrizb8FHHA.5000@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I am moving mailboxes between exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I've noticed >after the move, in Exchange 5.5, the mailbox still exist. Shouldn't the >mailbox be deleted or removed from e...

cursor moves too fast while shading text in columns
When I try to shade a portion of a column in excel or a word table, sometimes the cursor moves so quick to the end of the column that I can't get it to stop where I want the shading to stop. This does not happen in every table or every spreadsheet. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?? Thanks for your help!! A better technique is to do a shift-click. Click on the first cell, then scroll down (or over), hold the shift key down, and click the last cell, all cells in between will be shaded "nanimadrina" wrote: > When I try to shade a portion of a colum...

Partitioning hard drive please help
Hey everyone,im using windows vista business.I just bought a 500gb western digital external usb hard drive. i am trying to partition this hard drive. this is how im trying to do it:1. right click my computer go manage.2. go disk management3. right click the volume/hard drive and click shrink.The problem is that when i right click the external hard drive it doesn't allow me to click shrink.(its an option but not colored in black its like clear and i cant click it.)i want to avoid formatting it as i have about 150gb of files on it. its in fat32 format. are their any other things you could th...

C koi l'importance
Salut, Je voulais juste savoir l'importance de cette groupe de discution ? salut se groupe de discution je n� pas contrie "Marcel" <lionasans46664@hotmail.fr> a �crit dans le message de news:2F4A826A-AB93-4179-935C-5AE4096EC395@microsoft.com... > Salut, Je voulais juste savoir l'importance de cette groupe de discution ? ...

To find subtotal
Hi all, I have an excel with the following format. I have to find out subtotal of the each date column. The empty date column should be considered under the group of previous column having date. Please help Date Amount A1 B1 C1 01.01.2010 2000 Cumi.Sum -200 -300 -1500 0.00 10.01.2010 500 -300 -200 0.00 20.01.2010 ...