The "Save As" Screen keeps appearing

While I am entering data into a cell, the "Save As"
screen keeps appearing. Anybody else ever had this prblem?
0
pegacc (1)

Could you by any chance be hitting the key combo CTRL+S which will bring up the save as dialog
box.

--
Regards
                   Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL2K & XLXP

  Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference

"Peggy" <pegacc@aol.com> wrote in message news:030501c34fd2$f05589d0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> While I am entering data into a cell, the "Save As"
> screen keeps appearing. Anybody else ever had this prblem?

0
ken.wright (2489)

Changing Save As... Filename Prompt Default to CELL value
I have a spreadsheet that contains a value which I would like to turn into the Filename Prompt in the Save As... Dialog box. How do you do this? Like in a macro??? Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show _ arg1:=ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1").Value & ".xls" Andy wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet that contains a value which I would like to turn into the Filename Prompt in the Save As... Dialog box. > > How do you do this? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Thanks for the reply. I tried creating a Macro like... Sub File...

Save as CSV #2
I created a customer database in Excel about 25 pages. I had to email the doc to another company. They asked me to save it as a CSV and then email it to them. I know CSV means comma separated values. What I would like to know is what was the reason for sending it as a CSV? Thanks to anyone who can help me. You'll have to ask them for the exact reason, but CSV can be imported into a wide variety of applications. As an added bonus, CSV does not support macros and macro virii. In article <6A4496CA-C7FF-4A3A-8A0E-959F88D39156@microsoft.com>, "The Typing Place" <an...

Save As?...
I'm using Outlook 2003 with BCM. When I get an html email (I'm assuming that's what they are called if they have graphics and look more like a web page than a text email), and want to save it, I've been just clicking... File > Save As > (select file type) *.html > (specify filename) Unlike in IE6, there's no option to save it as a single file archive such as type *.mht. Are the *.html files I've been saving in OUTLOOK "permanent" (or flat, or whatever you would call them) so that even if the original web site is taken down, my *.html file wil...

Save As Web Page #2
Is there a way to automatically save my workbook as a web page with the same name in a different folder each time I save it as a workbook? ...

Pub 2003: Cannot save as image
In Publisher 2003, I have a landscape publication size 11x17 in., actually a front and back cover for 8.5x11 work. I'd like to save this 11x17 cover as ..tif or .png image. When I save it in any format, all I get is an image of the central part of the cover, about 11x8.5 landscape. What's wrong? Is it possible to save the whole 11x17 publication? How to do it? I'll appreciate all and any help! -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Is your page setup as a booklet 11 x 17? If you are trying to save the front and back as a picture it won't work. Copy the front and back sepa...

Disable Save, Save As function in emails
Dear All, Would be grateful if somebody could tell me if it is possible to send out emails that do not allow the recipients to Save or Save As. By modifying the Outlook forms, i could send out emails without the Forward function. But i was wondering if the Save functions can be disabled. Me using Outlook 2003. Please enlighten.. Thanks alot in advance!! <lesteryeo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193495638.673846.119650@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Dear All, > > Would be grateful if somebody could tell me if it is possible to send > out emails that do not allow t...

save as picture
I am using Publisher 2003 and trying to save a text box and clip art as a jpeg file. Even though I select and group the two objects, then save the picture as jpeg, it only shows the text box when I try to insert the new saved picture. What could be the problem? Thanks for any help. Be certain your cursor is not in the text box when you save as a picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Deb H" <DebH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How to save as a high definition JPEG
Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our file as a high resolution JPEG file? Thank You Michael Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Michael Malone <mmalone@pdp.ca> > Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we > get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our > file as a high resolution JPEG file? Publisher 2003 can save JPG files at high resolution. A workaround in Publisher 2002 is to enlarge your publication to a larger size,...

I Can't 'Save As'
When I try to 'Save As' , I get a pop up window that says..... "The cell or chart you are trying to change is protected and therefor read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection using th Unprotect Sheet command. You may be prompted for a password." I then hit the ok button 11 times and it saves. Any ideas, I could really use your help. Thx, Jerrygolfe -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com jerrygolfer <<jerrygolfer.zy3l5@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in news:jerrygolfer.zy3l5@excelforum-nospam.com: > When I try to '...

Save As macro with date/time stamp
Hi - I have been trying to get a date and time stamp within my code. I have this: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Sheets("1").Range("B1").Value & " " & Sheets("1").Range("AS1") with range("AS1") being a worksheet function of =TEXT(NOW(),"dd-mmm-yy") which does not allow for Time. Can anybody help me get the date and time stamp in the code itself? Thanks - Jim A One way: ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Sheets("1").Range("B1").Value & _ Format(Now, " dd-mm-yy hh:mm:ss&quo...

.pdf save as settings

Microsoft Word 2000 and 'Save As' option
With the Word 2000 version, when I have filename 'X' and I make modifications and 'save as' filename 'Y' with a new filename, it creates filename 'y' and also keeps the original filename 'x.' I am pretty sure that with previous versions, 'save as' only changed the 'file name' from 'X' to 'Y' and 'overrode' the original file instead of duplicating it. Am I correct? Summer1 wrote: > With the Word 2000 version, when I have filename 'X' and I make modifications > and 'save as' f...

file menu missing, can't "save as".

How do I create a macro to Save As?
How do I write a macro to SaveAs? I want it to save the file as the same filename it already has, but to put it in a different folder. Any help? Record a macro while doing this under tools>maco>record new macro Of course that will save the file in the same folder everytime you run the macro. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shelly9633" wrote: > How do I write a macro to SaveAs? I want it to save the file as the same > filename it already has, but to put it in a different folder. Any help? Thank you for your speedy reply, however, I already tried that method. The prob...

"Message Format" Default Save As Option
I would like to know if there is something I can do so that every time I select Save As.. from the File Menu, while I am in my Inbox, I can have the Save As type option by default at the Message Format (*.msg). Thank you in advance for your responce. I would appreciate it if you reply to my e-mail address. Thanks again, Mpezerianos Kyriakow ...

Formats for Save As
Hello, I have a workbook to which I would like to assign a different icon. I could change all files with the extension .xls but I don't want to do this. I want this file to have a unique icon. Is this possible and if so, how? Many thanks James One solution would be to use a shortcut. You can change the icon for the shortcut and opening it would open your original workbook Neal "James" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:148e01c3ae9e$0faa7140$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a workbook to which I would like to assign a >...

Save as vba function
Hi there guys, I need to achieve a saveas function with vba from a *.xtl 1) Cell c3 contains a text that will act as the file name. 2) the code needs to use this text as file name and save it to a directory C:\windows\desktop\dummy\. 3) if the file exists then the user needs to be prompted to save or rename in that directory. what I have so far is Workbooks("book1.xtl").SaveAs Filename:="C:\windows\desktop\dummy\" & Range("c2").Value & ".xls" the above works fine until the system finds that the filename exists and instead of asking the user i...

Excel save as htm with functionality too much white space
How can I get rid of the white space around the table when I do save as htm with excel funtionality. I changed to to align to the left but have a good 1 1/2 inch of white space (want to expand it) that is unusable and I would like to get rid of. any ideas? Thanks! ...

when i try to print an excel worksheet i am prompted to save as
-- des 1. Use this large open space to ask your question. 2. Check your default printer. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "des" <alberyds@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:08FC5EF7-E014-416F-84C0-46A06407F72B@microsoft.com... > > -- > des ...

No Save As option
When I go to the File menu to save a worksheet there is no Save As option available. The only save option I have is to Save Workspace. I have tried to add the option through tools but it won't let me. I haven't always had this problem, it just started doing it. Tools|customize|toolbars tab select the worksheet menubar click Reset This will remove any customizations that you've done to that toolbar, though. If this fails, you could reset all the toolbars. close excel windows start button|search Look for *.xlb rename them all to *.xlbOLD restart excel if it's ok, then ...

What happened to "Save as Draft"?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop This is an important feature. Where did it go in &quot;2008&quot;? On 2/27/10 5:17 PM, MarkSTuttle@officeformac.com wrote: > This is an important feature. Where did it go in "2008"? You can customize the toolbar in each type of Entourage window. Add �Save�. http://www.entourage.mvps.org/2008/customize.html -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>...

CAN NOT "SAVE AS"
when i go to "save as" it just shows an hour glass and freezes does any one know whats wrong???i can not do any work because i need to save as and send to clients help I read a post, I believe yesterday, that said they cured the problem with xl 2003 by removing the new Windows security updates. Information only, not a recommendation. -- Jim Cone San Francisco, USA http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware "gerrior" <gerrior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message when i go to "save as" it just shows an hour glass and freezes does any o...

"Save as" in IE programatically
When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to save the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as" step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x? TIA, Bill Try URLDownloadToFile/URLDownloadToCacheFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bill Levis" <bill@voicenet.com> wrote in message news:O##vXt1ZDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &g...

Final attempt save as binary question
This is about my fifth attempt since March, so far without eliciting a single reply (last attempt seems to have disappeared into the ether): Re Excel 2007 "Save as binary". Its supposed to save space and be quicker. So why isn't it the default method? Is there a downside? For example, will macros no longer work? Are there reduced functions in a file saved as binary? I need to know before I save a large and majorly important (to me) file with heaps of worksheets and macros and find down the track that I've lost something significant! There HAS to be some reas...

Save as .csv file removes trailing 00 #2
Hi all. I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like 00AB25 or 00056P-SDF. It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field. When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this? thanx. geir In the raw .csv file the leading nulls are preserved (try opening it with Notepad and you will see), but when Excel reopens the file it converts them to numbers. But only those partnumbers that do n...