The inverse error function (erfinv)

I need to use the inverse error function

erf(x)=0.8  <=>  x=inverf(0.8)   <=>   x=0,90469

Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it

Best regard

morten
0
mgs8696 (1)

inverf(p) = SQRT(GAMMAINV(p,0.5,1))
inverfc(p) = -NormSInv(p/2)/Sqrt(2)

Mathemetically exact, but not necessarily numerically good in versions
prior to 2003.

Jerry

Morten wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to use the inverse error function:
>
> erf(x)=0.8  <=>  x=inverf(0.8)   <=>   x=0,904696
>
> Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it?
>
> Best regards
>
> morten

0
post_a_reply (1395)
4/2/2004 2:39:33 AM
Thats works perfect... Thank you for solving my problem

Best regard

Morten, Denmark
0
anonymous (74722)
4/2/2004 8:26:03 AM
Glad it helped

Jerry

Morten wrote:

> Thats works perfect... Thank you for solving my problem.
>
> Best regards
>
> Morten, Denmark

0
post_a_reply (1395)

Function SUMIF
Hi guys It's there any way I can us the function SUMIF with multiple criteria or conditions on two different columns. I'll appreciate your help. Hi no you can't use SUMIF with more than one criteria. Use SUMPRODUCT instead e.g. the following will sum column C based on the criteria in col. A and col. B =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000=criteria_1)*(B1:B1000=criteria_2),C1:C1000) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ricky wrote: > Hi guys > > It's there any way I can us the function SUMIF with > multiple criteria or conditions on two different columns. > I'll ap...

toolbar doesn't perform function
Greetings. I can't get part of my toolbar working. I have a customized toolbar, which icnludes view Inbox, Calendar, and Journal. The first two of these work fine; they take me right to those folders. The Journal link doesn't work though. When I click it there is a pause and then a blank screen with "Unable to display the folder." Any thoughts on how to fix this? I am in Outlook 2000 SP-3 on an XP machine. thanks, Kozmo Is this a Windows toolbar or an Outlook toolbar? How did you create the buttons? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-m...

asp Web Access Error
Web Access fails to authenticate and generates the following error on the web server: Error: File /exchange/USA/Attach/read.asp Unexpected error Event ID:5 Source: ASP "ryan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:2b77001c46902 $e1acdd30$a601280a@phx.gbl: > Web Access fails to authenticate and generates the > following error on the web server: > Error: File /exchange/USA/Attach/read.asp Unexpected error > Event ID:5 Source: ASP Care to give us some more details? Server version? Has it ever worked correctly? Has anything recently changed on the s...

SQL server error whilei installing CRM 3.0
Hi, I get the following error message for MS-SQL SERVER while installing CRM version 3.0: "Setup detected a version mismatch between the specified database and the current product" Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, -Sekhar Hi again, I am currently using SQL server 2005 Database which is located on another server. The CRM version is 3.0. Prior to this installation, both CRM as well as Databases were located on the same server. Now, I have moved the databases to another server [SQL server 2005 sp2] running Win 2003 R2 [SP2] and trying to re-install CRM. I wi...

error during crm server setup
i am getting the following error during microsoft crm setup: "Setup was unable to create the root business. This operation returned because the timeout period expired. (800705B4)". i have made sure all the prerequisites are installed per installation guide on http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/mscrm/mscrm1/d eploy/14_instl.mspx i am trying to install microsoft crm 1.2 msdn edition on a windows 2003 enterprise edition server. can anyone tell me what is causing this error? maru: I think the error refers to the installation programs inability to made AD entries. Th...

Report Builder (2005, v1.0) Chart Error in RS2008
We have recently moved reports from a RS 2005 server to a new RS 2008 server and we are having an issue with charts using a model based on an AS cube(2005 enterprise). We are now getting the following error on several reports: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal. The bar chart has the following: - Units for the value fields - Crew for the series fields - Date for the category fields. What I think is happening is that the for each category (Date) not every series field (crew) has data, because different crews work different days and any given...

Compile error in hidden module #5
Every time I start Excel (in Office 2003 Pro)I get an error message in a box headed Visual Basic that says Compile error in hidden module:AutoExecNew. Whe I close it I get the error Compile Error in hidden module:DistMon I tried removing the only .xlb file, but it seemed to do nothing. I would uninstall Excel and reinstall it if I could figure out how to do so. Any suggestions for fixing the problem or how to uninstall Excel. I cannot uninstall it from the Add Remove Programs in Control Panel. Thanks Take a look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 OFF...

Errors with per Week Chart
Hello, the sheet I'm working on records the number of seizures per da of a specific patient. I then have a sperate column which has the su of the seizures in a given week. Obviously, these sums appear ever seven cells. Adjacent to these cells is the date of the given week. So for example, the total amount of seizures in the week of 12/18/05 is 18 Unfortunately, to protect the patient's privacy, I cannot provide download to the actual document. Now, I'd like to graph the amount of seizures per week. When I try t do this, I either get a bunch of different series and no apparent wa...

email error
I have been trying to send out an email to what I know is a valid email address and I receive the following error message. "550 not local host email.com, not a gateway" Any suggestions? ...

Blank Distribution Accounts
Hi! Was wondering if any of you came across this problem in GP. Have a client who was able to post transactions from AP with NO account distributions. The system did not give them any errors in the subledger. When they tried to post the batches in GL, that's when they received errors about the missing distribution accounts. When they drill back on the AP transactions, the amounts are there but the accounts are all blank. Any ideas? The client is on GP 7.5. Thanks Marisol ...

Error when try to load Microsoft X Framework Library
All of a sudden I receievd a corrupt data message while working in Entourage X. I did what the program said and closed all MS applications and then tried to reopen. I got the "unexpected error occured when trying to load the Microsoft X framework library" message. When I tried to open any of my office products I got the same message. I uninstalled and reinstalled Office with no luck. Any suggestions as Aplle says this is a Microsoft problem. I have been using Office for the last few months with no problems. On 8/29/03 9:31 AM, in article 0da801c36e4b$00641f30$a601280a@p...

error bars in VBA excel 2007 macro
I can't manage Y-error bars as the way it works in Excel 2000 VBA macro. The macro stops and shows a run-time error 1004 at command; ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).ErrorBar Direction:=xlY, Include:= _ xlPlusValues, Type:=xlCustom, Amount:=4 What's different in Excel 2007 vs 2000 ? Hi, You will need to change your code for xl2007. If the Amount is fixed, in your case to the value 4, then you will need to use the correct Type argument rather than custom. If it is custom then you will need an array of values. And you will need both plus and minus values even if the minus valu...

"An unknown error happened" when opening new item in OWA 2003
When opening a new item in owa 2003, i get an empty window with the only text An unknown error happened I am not able to send emails therefore. Can someone please give me suggestions? (deleting history and cookies etc. did not help) I found another thread with the solution to this. It worked for me: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.misc/browse_frm/thread/e9413de425e3056c/da288a74118fe5af?tvc=1&q=owa+%22unknown+error+happened%22&hl=en#da288a74118fe5af I found another thread with the solution to this. It worked for me: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft...

error Message #2
error accessing SQL DATA does any one know how to fix this problem Can you be a little more specific - what version of Great Plains, what are you trying to do, is that the exact text of the error message? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Hilai" <Hilai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BFBCFDA-D587-497E-94BD-637CD2729951@microsoft.com... > error accessing SQL DATA > does any one know how to fix this problem I get a similar error. When a user goes to print a pyment history in Great Plains after they click okay to print they recieve...

Error while Changing Form.Filter in VBA
Hi. I have a combobox OnChange event which should update a form's datasource base on the combobox's value in Colum1. Code is below. But when this code executes I get the error "Run-time error '2001': You canceled the previous operation." Private Sub FilteredContacts_Change() Me.Form.Filter = "[Contact_ID] = '" & FilteredContacts.Column(1) & "'" Me.Form.FilterOn = True End Sub What am I doing wrong or how do I fix this? Thanks! That very misleading error message often occurs when you've misspelled the name of a...

Calling a function in excel
I created a function in the Visual Basic Editor in Excel but am unable to call it from an individual cell in Excel. I am using "=function name(argument1, argumaent2, argument3)" when I try to call it. I am getting the error "$NAME?". Any ideas? Hi The function should be i a standard module (insert menu), not in a worksheet module or anywhere else. And it must not be Private as in "Private Function XYZ() as Long" And you are of course entering it without the quotes ? -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Followup to newsgroup only please "Tom" <tfreem1...

Intrastat Info problem for line items
Hi I have configured the default intrastat information of Items and customers. I have also enabled the Intrastat tracking for the company. I can create the SOP transaction using items and customer combination. However, the intrastat information, even though its default correctly for line items in SOP, but I had click the EU (Intrastat Icon) to open Intrastat screen and OK it. Unless I do that every such line item, the transaction doesnt post while posting the batch. I am baffled a little as the intrastat info is default for line items, but I always need to open the Intrastat detail screen an...

Unreachable hosts error
This is very strange. We run an exchange 5.5 sp4 server on an NT4 sp6a box and over the course of the last few days there have been emails sitting in the IMC queue with the message 'Host unreachable' yet I can ping most of these servers and trace them thru the web. I'm not sure what the deal is. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time, --mike A lot of possibilities. But, the fact that you can ping a server does not mean that an smtp-service is up and running on that server nor that it allows you to connect to it. Can you establish a telne...

is there a function that does this?
Is there a function that, when given a parameter returns 0 if the parameter is negative and returns the parameter when it is positive? Here is the scenario in which I would use such a function. I have a school database that tracks how many credits one needs in each department. When a student has, say, 3 credits in english where 5 are required, I could simply subtract credits earned from credits needed. Unfortunately, when a student has, say, 5.5 credits in english, that formula returns -.5 credits. What I would like is for it to return 0 credits needed since they have met (or excee...

Sum function changes arguments
A client's spreadsheet shows a sum function which calculates individual cells for instance =sum(B2,B4,B6,B8) then saves and closes the workbook. When she reopens it, the sum reads =sum(B2:B8). She couldn't duplicate the error whilst I was there but is adamant that nobody edits the workbook. The calculation mode is automatic and version 2007 Is this really possible??? Regards Diane Doesn't sound like it, and if she couldn't reproduce it, then it seems even less likely (how many times have I said that and been wrong :-(). HTH Bob "Dianeg&quo...

Strange HBRUSH Error
I am trying to make the background of an edit box white, but not the other backgrounds. I used the same code as below for another window in my application successfully, but for some reason here it does not work in this window. Any ideas? If it matters, CLimitDlg is a dialog winodw created when a button in the main window is selected (with the DoModal() function). The error is in the last line. The "if" line and subsequent 1 line of code works. It's the "else" line that causes a crash. HBRUSH CLimitDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { if((pWnd-...

Advises about error handling.
I want to add my code some error handling support. The code basically does what autofilter do in multiple worksheets. I request advises from VBA pros on error handling, to make it the right and efficient way. The code is seperated into various worksheets, so if u are interested and want to have a look i can send the whole workbook to ur private email also. I am adding down the main code only. Thanks. 'Some comments are in Turkish i can translate them if u are interested Public undoing As Boolean Public selectedCode As String Public selectedRow As String Const RTOTALCELL = "L2"...

Outlook 2003 Cached Mode Error
I recently switched Outlook 2003 over to cached mode, residing on a fully-patched Windows XP laptop. We are currently running Exchange 2000 in a Windows 2003 Server mixed-mode domain. When starting Outlook, I frequently (but not always) receive the message "The data file [Mailbox - Reg] was not closed properly." No error messages are received when exiting Outlook the previous time, and Windows XP was shut down normally. I've searched Google and only found 2 hits on this subject, and none at Microsoft.com. Before I roll this platform out to all employees, I'd like...

'there was an error opening this message, an error has occurred'
I get this when I try to open a message, create mail or open the addres book, any ideas anyone? ...

inactivating an employee causes an error message
I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad I get this error message: "you cannot inactivate an employee record with existing employee cost transaction" I do not know what is an "employee cost transaction" and therefore I do not know how to go about and correct the question. The help is legendary Microsoft, acurate but does not even refer to that issue. Can somebody tell me please where to look? Thanks ZA "ZA" wrote: > I am trying to inactivate an employee in the .employee maintenance screen nad > I get this error ...