The inverse error function (erfinv)

I need to use the inverse error function

erf(x)=0.8  <=>  x=inverf(0.8)   <=>   x=0,90469

Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it

Best regard

morten
0
mgs8696 (1)

inverf(p) = SQRT(GAMMAINV(p,0.5,1))
inverfc(p) = -NormSInv(p/2)/Sqrt(2)

Mathemetically exact, but not necessarily numerically good in versions
prior to 2003.

Jerry

Morten wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to use the inverse error function:
>
> erf(x)=0.8  <=>  x=inverf(0.8)   <=>   x=0,904696
>
> Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it?
>
> Best regards
>
> morten

0
post_a_reply (1395)
4/2/2004 2:39:33 AM
Thats works perfect... Thank you for solving my problem

Best regard

Morten, Denmark
0
anonymous (74722)
4/2/2004 8:26:03 AM
Glad it helped

Jerry

Morten wrote:

> Thats works perfect... Thank you for solving my problem.
>
> Best regards
>
> Morten, Denmark

0
post_a_reply (1395)

Outgoing Email Error
I am using Ms Outlook 2003 as my default email client when ever I sent emails I can see the email in the outbox but I get a call from the person I sent that the same email has reached him more than 15 times. How to rectify this error Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor,...

Export Error Table created After Exportin A Table From Access To Excel?
I received a Database with a number of tables that each contain 24272 rows of data. When I export any of the tables to Excel a table is created in Access with the name of the Exported file and the word Error which contains 2 fields -- One field states: "Rows dropped due to worksheet" and the other field states the number of rows dropped "16384." Is there a limitation either in Access or Excel as to how many rows can be exported to Excel or imported into Excel? -- Barbara A lot depends on the versions involved and the way it is exported. If you use code and DoCmd.Tr...

Foreground locking error on integration
I have a scheduled integration setup that first runs the login to GP, then an integration group (2 AR integrations). I have them set at 5 minutes apart. The TK article for this particular error says that the error is becuase "Great Plains is still in the process of launching when the Integration Manager starts running." HOwever, I then increased the time to 15 minutes apart and finally at 30 minutes apart, but the first record of both integrations still fails with this error "could not set foreground locking value to 0." How can I get rid of this error? It only ...

POS Error
We're running POS 1.3r using PCCHARGE. In the past month we have received 3 errors while processing either a sale or a return using a credit card. After scanning the card the register displays the following error message: ERROR 2147217871 TIMEOUT EXPIRED (SOURCE MICROSOFT OLE DB PROVIDER FOR SQL SERVER). It then goes on to say (SQL STATE HYT00 NATIVE ERROR 0) NO HELP FILE AVAILABLE. At this point the transaction exits. I've since discovered that the CUSTOMER's record has not been updated to reflect TOTALVISITS or TOTALSALES. Additionally, TENDERTOTALS, TENDERENTRY, and BAT...

XL2003: INDIRECT() function changes calling cell
Hello all, It appears that the INDIRECT() function changes the calling cell. Let me try to explain: I have a dynamic named range "NR6.PerMonth": - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell C27 on the "Summary" sheet, it will refer to/return cell C982 on the "6" sheet. - When "=NR6.PerMonth" is in cell D27, it will refer to/return cell D982....and so on and so forth, going across. BUT!!! (A26 on the "Summary" sheet is a formula that returns the number 6...A982 on the "6" sheet is a label): - When '=I...

Any errors in this?
Ok ive got some macro code here, wondering if anyone could help me find any errors, because i cant: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If .Address = "$AA$10" Then If .Value = "1" Then StartTimer End If End If End With ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub Public RunWhen As Double Public Const cRunIntervalSeconds = 30 Public Const cRunWhat = "Start2" Sub StartTimer() RunWhen = Now + ...

Error mounting mail volume
Hi, I have a problem with my Exchange 2003. After a crash of my AD I want to restore my old priv1.edb and priv1.stm. I had to reinstall my server 2003. After that I reinstalled my Exchange 2003. I've tried to use the old names as much as possible. When I copied my old priv1.edb and priv1.stm over the original files i received the next message: ID no: c1041739 Exchange System Manager How can I use my old files so I have my mail back. Who can help me to solve my problem. I have a new installation created in a vmware environment, with the the same settings as my normal Active Directory, ...

XmlReader.Create fails with a path not found error
I run through the following code, and most of the time it works fine. Dim oXmlReader As System.Xml.XmlReader = Nothing Dim fiXmlFile as new System.IO.FileInfo ("C:\...\...File.xml") 'load file into XML doc & validate against schema oXmlReader = System.Xml.XmlReader.Create(fiXmlFile.FullName, oXmlReaderSettings) But then every once in awhile it reports the error below (which is confusing). Restarting the program allows it to pick up the file with no problem. Any help is welcome. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'D:\Program Files\Company Name\...

Error Message
I am trying to put additional charts into an existing workbook and I keep getting the error "No more new fonts may be inserted into this spreadsheet" Then Excel shuts down. What is happening? Hi, Have a read of Jon's page http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html Cheers Andy GabbyMary wrote: > I am trying to put additional charts into an existing workbook and I keep > getting the error "No more new fonts may be inserted into this spreadsheet" > Then Excel shuts down. What is happening? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.i...

OMA error
I have OMA setup, but I can not login. I get prompted to login, supply my credentials and receive the error: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. The exchange 2003 log has a 1507 event error. Does anyone know what this error is? "drd" <cbts4me@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have OMA setup, but I can not login. I get prompted to login, supply my >credentials and receive the error: A System error has occurred while >processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persis...

DCOM error, the server did not register with dcom
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CA8BDF.5CB368F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've got a machine here and in the event viewer it comes up with error = 10010, The server {7F6316B4-4D69-4765-B0A3-B2598F2FA80A} did not = register with DCOM within the required timeout. What server would {7F6316B4-4D69-4765-B0A3-B2598F2FA80A} be? And what to do to get rid of this DCOM error? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01CA8BDF.5CB368F0 Content-Type: text/html; ...

Error msg with vlookup
Does anyone know why I get an error #NAME? from this : activecell.formulaR1C1 = "= VLOOKUP(RC[-1],Sheet1!C[-1]:C[75],hdr,0)" hdr has been DIM as an integer. When running the value of hdr=33 If I put 33 in place of hdr qne run the macro, the lookup runs fine? Any help is appreciated -- KWB The variable "hdr" is named within VBA but you are posting a formula to a cell. The formula in some cell reads = VLOOKUP(RC[-1],Sheet1!C[-1]:C[75],hdr,0) but "hdr" is not a named cell or definition within Excel only within VBA environment. best wishes -- Bernard V ...

Run-Time Error '94' Invalid use of Null
Hi all, I use the below code to print Dymo labels, the purpose is to print the number of labels in the textbox TotalParcels.The code works fine on exsting records. When I attempt to print a new record I get Run-Time Error '94' Invalid use of Null The code highlights on this line >> For L = 1 To Forms!frmScan!ScanSub.Form.Parcels When I hover the mouse over the L it = 0 Thank you Richard ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub Label5_Click() Dim strWhere As String Dim L As Long If Me....

Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 upgrade Exchange Error
Hello. I am running a Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4 system with Newly upgraded Exchange 2003 Enterprise with SP1. When I run the comptabily check for upgrading to Windows 2003 Enterprise I get the following error: Exchange Server 2003 Microsoft -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Issue Description: Exchange Server 2003 has a known compatibility issue with this version of Windows. For more information, refer to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=37488. Contact Information: Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com Telephone: ...

Error when trying to send email
When trying to send CRM email (from Outlook or from CRM itself), we get the error, "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator." However, that sysadmin is me and I don't see what's causing the error. Anyone care to offer a little guidance? -- bondg Just got the very same error today. We sent loads this morning no problem, now this afternoon i get the error you have just described, and this is in the event app log: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft CRM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: ...

Function possible?
I need a weird function for my excel-sheet. A1=B1 * 0.016 , but I need it to say in A1 'Not Payable', if the B1 is less than 10 ?.... Is it even possible? -confused Erin, struggling with a course project- In A1: =IF(B1<10,"Not Payable",B1*0.016) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "EM" <em64@suomi24.fi> wrote in message news:ctpsaf$jr4$1@nyytiset.pp.htv.fi... >I need a weird function for my excel-sheet. > > A1=B1 * 0.016 , but I need it to say in A1 'Not Payable', if the B1 is > less > than 10 ?.... > &...

Server Error in '/' Application. 07-23-07
Hi I am getting this error while trying to save a user for a particular Business Unit.. Have checked for security settings in IIS Please Suggest Regards Ritesh You need to put more detailed information for us to be able to assist you. :) "Ritesh" wrote: > Hi > > I am getting this error while trying to save a user for a particular > Business Unit.. > > Have checked for security settings in IIS > > Please Suggest > > Regards > > Ritesh > > Hi Ian I am Getting Server Error in '/' Application,while i try to add a New...

Custom Crystal Report with Sub-Reports error
I have a custom parameter-driven Crystal Report that includes 2 two sub-reports, all with SSO connections. The first time the report is run from CRM in a session, the report generates correctly. The next and subsequent times the report is run, the parameters display but then the report fails to create, showing the following error: CrystalReportViewer Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7fc3cd11f9f7f20.rpt. Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7fc3cd11f9f7f20.rpt. Could it be that the sub-reports don't disconnect cleanly/quickly after executing ...

Outlook email error,host "SMPT"could not be found....help!!!
When I try to send a email on Outlook, the error reads host "SMPT" could not be found and to make sure I have the server name correct, the account is set up as pop3.netzero.com (default) what am I doing wrong? Jane wrote: > When I try to send a email on Outlook, the error reads host "SMPT" > could not be found and to make sure I have the server name correct, > the account is set up as pop3.netzero.com (default) what am I doing > wrong? Check your *outbound* mail server settings. SMTP is "Simple Mail Transfer Prototcol" and is how your computer wi...

Shared Library Errors
My Office apps will not open up. I get the message: The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Microsoft Word><Microsoft Word><CarbonLib><>" Can anyone help me out? Thank you in advance In article <1168399011.931405.121550@p59g2000hsd.googlegroups.com>, j.tait@mac.com wrote: > My Office apps will not open up. I get the message: > > The application "Word" could not be launched because of a shared > library error: "<Microsoft Word><Microsoft Word><CarbonLib...

Error opening up Microsoft Money 2003 money file
I´ve been using Microsoft Money 2003 every day for quite a few years already. Everyday I update my file, and everything went right 'till yesterday. Today, when I tried to open the file, I received a message stating: "this operation cannot be performed". I´ve already copied the file to another computer, tried giving it another name, and also tried to open de bkp file, but I received the same message. Unfortunately, the last backup I've made was on October... I'm from Brazil and people here don't know this software. Can somebody help me please? I really ...

right click functions for excel
does anyone know how to update right-click features for excel? i used to be able to highlight a row/column/cell and delete the info by right clicking the mouse. i somehow lost that ability and its driving me nuts thanks in advance This MS article lists the ID numbers to the controls for the different command bars (you want shortcut menu). XL2000: List of ID Numbers for Built-In CommandBar Controls http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;213552 If you use the Visual Basic Help and search under "Adding and displaying shortcut menus", you'll get some samp...

count function in pivot table
How to count the number of types under certain group in a pivot table: Such as one sku occurs twice under one customer, I only need 1 in pivot table, instead of count the numbers of occurrences: 2 A pivot table won't calculate a unique count. You could add a column to the list, then add that field to the pivot table. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique Holly wrote: > How to count the number of types under certain group in a pivot table: > > Such as one sku occurs twice under one customer, I only need 1 in pivot > table, inst...

Restart Microsoft Office Outlook error...
I am continually getting the following error in MS Outlook 2003 has anyone else experienced this if so, what was the resolution to it? _________________________________________________________________ Microsoft Office Outlook Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost. Restart Microsoft Office Outlook. Please tell Microsoft about this problem we have created an error report...... Send error report Don't send _______________________...

Quote Product: "An error occurred during pricing..."
When I save a "Quote Product", I get the following error message: "The following error occurred: An error occurred during pricing of a detail line item." In addition (probably related), even though I have input the Product, Unit and Quantity, the form does not automatically populate with the Amount or Extended Amount. Any ideas? ...