Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)

When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box
it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to
print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two
solutions I can think of is
1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea.
2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that
way by using a macro but that is a last resort.
0
Pemberton (1)

Dear Robert,

1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't.
4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font?
5) Refrase your text ...

Frans

"Robert Pemberton" <Robert Pemberton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D28FB8F6-F2BF-420A-8689-0C1E247A32DB@microsoft.com...
> When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text
box
> it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it
> print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two
> solutions I can think of is
> 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea.
> 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that
> way by using a macro but that is a last resort.

0
fhvzelm (53)
1/13/2005 10:39:30 PM
Make the font smaller????

--

Dave Peterson
0

Excel click through
At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another spreadsheet and it opens that spreadsheet. How do u turn this on? Does it work in office 2000 or do u need Office pro? Keith -- keithgg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithgg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496590 Try: Tools|Options|Edit Tab uncheck Edit directly in cell keithgg wrote: > > At work I can double click on a cell that is linked to another >...

Excel does not return to previous cell
Hi all, I am running into an problem with my users. We have a Excel 2000 spreadsheet. I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user closes the spreadsheet will be the same when a user opens the spreadsheet the next time. However, the problem I am seeing is that the proves true with some users, but not with all users. Some users open the spreadsheet and instead of going back to, say cell A972, it opens to, say cell B4. I would welcome any input on this issue. Thanks, Jeff Averhoff <<<"I know that typically, the sheet/cell that is selected when a user...

Removal of broken Hyperlinks from data copiedfrom a web page in to an Excel Spreadsheet
I have copied over 600 + lines into excel from a web page data base. I have cells which appear as hyperlinks (blue underlined text). When I put the insertion point over the cell, I get the little "hand" and a hyperlink box opens but is blank. I do not want the text in the cells to be hyperlinks nor do I want to open any hyperlinks. I went to the edit menu to select links to remove all but links is grayed out. I can remove each one, one by one, by using the arrow key to move into the cell, doing a right click and select, remove hyperlink. This works, but will not accept multiple...

OUTLOOK 2000 #164
Please help: Since upgrading my pc to MS Windows XP Pro running MS Office 2000, my outlook *.pst file will not run. When this file is opened in Outlook 2000, the program does not respond...the pc runs at peak cpu usage and the only way to stop this is task manager. I need to retrieve my contacts information, any suggestions on how I can do this?? And pray tell, what did you upgrade from? (if upgrading from Win95/98/ME, you will need to uninstall/reinstall Office 2000. Application files are different between these platforms. If you already tried this, try creating a new Outlook profi...

Limits of Excel 2003
The worksheet have 256 columns. There are some way to increase this columns to 800 Hi no, not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ReneCabrera" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0afb01c4a258$85bdd990$a501280a@phx.gbl... > The worksheet have 256 columns. There are some way to > increase this columns to 800 ...

Hi All, I would like to load an Excel spreadsheet directly into a single table in Oracle. Both the spreadsheet and the table have the same ordering of columns and have compatable data. I am aware that a way to achieve this would be to convert the .xls file into a .csv file and then use sql loader. However, I am interested in doing this in a quicker/easier way directly from Excel, eg. by adding in some functionality and clicking on a new button for loading into the database. We are all able to read from a database in Excel by importing external data. Surely there is a way to change that...

Error in Outlook 2000 / 2003
Hello: I am getting this error with 2000 / 2003 Outlook clients using an Exchange 2000 Server: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' I found a tech note about it being the Offline Address Book on the Exchange side, however I can't seem to find the fix. Anyone have the answer? Thanks in Advance David Try reselecting your offline address book server in its properties within the ESM, and perhaps within the priv mailbox database properties as well. -- David Wyatt MCSE, MCSA 2000/2003 Mes...

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Tabs in Pub 2000
I have lost the ability/option to use the tab key in my document. I can set the tab on the ruler, but when I use the tab key on the keyboard a space is entered. Another tab, another space. I used to have tabs, but somehow I have disappeared them. How do I restore them. The tab key works in Word, but not Pub. Can you adjust the tabs in the format menu? Highlight the text you are trying to tab and open the tab dialogue. You maybe surprised the settings you see or not see. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

Custom Error Bars in Excel 2007
When choosing the option to add a custom error bar in Exel 2007 and trying to set the range to a worksheet that does not contain the chart I receive an error in Excel that closes down Excel. The steps I perform are: 1. Click on a bar in my chart 2. Click Layout 3. Click the drop down for error bars 4. Click more error bar options... 5. Choose custom and click specify value. 6. Click to set the range where this is then displayed ={1}. As soon as I change to the worksheet to set the range Excel errors out and shuts down. I have recreated this on more than one machine and the result is t...

Page Preview/Print Problem
When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "margins do not fit page size" error. I have followed all the help instructions on formatting a worksheet to a single page, but nothing works. Does anyone have any suggestions? What version of Excel and window are you using? "laura@basi-usa.com" wrote: > When I do a page preview, each cell in the worksheet appears as a separate > page, and when I try to change the page layout, I can not get past a "...

unwanted characters printing at top of page
Using MS Sm Bus Office 2003: Getting unwanted chacters printing at top of page--even on newly created page. How can I get rid of it? Which program? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mike890" <Mike890@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C6DA082-17FD-4730-AE50-02A7826C6CAF@microsoft.com... > Using MS Sm Bus Office 2003: > Getting unwanted chacters printing at top of page--even on newly created > page. How can I get rid of it? You are experiencing printer driver issues. Go to the manufacturer's web site of your printer model and...

XP/Pub97 print problem
Looking for help last night I saw a question concerning using Publisher 97 on XP. Since the answer was yes, I have a different question. I used to print statements with publisher, and had a clip-art at the top. Now, since I upgraded to XP, the clip-art does not print. Late last night I found that if I save the file then reload it, I can print one copy. The second print operation drops the clip-art. As long as I reload the file first, I can print another copy. I feel this is a 'settings' problem, but can't find anything that seems to fit. I really don't know where to loo...

MAPI Problem with Exchange 2000 and ARCServe Agent
My ARCServe BrightStore backup software will no longer perform a bricks-level backup (information store backup works fine). The bricks-level backup uses MAPI functions where the information store backup does not. The ARCServe tech support finally determined the problem is with my Exchange 2000 server and not their software. The only change I made to my network recently is I upgraded my Windows 2000 domain to a Windows 2003 domain using domainprep and forestprep because I wanted to upgrade only my domain controllers to Windows 2003. My Exchange 2000 server is sitting on a Windows 2000 Se...

Excel Invoice
I have an excel invoice that had macros from excel 4.0 when I open the invoice it ask me to enable or disable the macros I hit enable....I need to edit the cells and change some of the formulas around to get diffent figures...but i get an error that says the shaded cells are automatically calculated by excel therefore I cannot edit them I have unlocked the cells and ranges as well as have permission to the invoice but nothing seems to work....Do I need to have access to the workbook if so wouldnt that workbook be on my system so I could do this...??? I got a copy of this template from ...

Two different print previews on two differnt operating systems.
Hello all. Hoping someone can help me here. Has anyone ever ran across a situation where when the user clicks print preview in Excel, on one operating system (Windows NT) you get 2 pages, but when on another operating system (Windows 2000 or XP) it comes in as one page? The same situation occurs when the user prints. If so, how did you solve this problem? Hi Eric Always a problem with different printers If you print with code you can try this Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .FitToPagesWide = 1 .FitToPagesTall = 1 End With ActiveSheet.PrintOut End Sub ...

Exchange 2000, Outlook 2007, Public Folder Missing
Hi guys, need some help. We run a single Exchange 2000 server with Outlook 2000 clients and public folders work fine. Using a user account with Public Folders verified working in Outlook 2000, the Public Folders dont appear to be available within Outlook 2007. Is there any steps required to get access to public folders on an exchange 2000 server using outlook 2007? Thanks, Anthony are you looking on the folder list? ctrl+6 to bring it up. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/begin...

Problem with Importing .csv into Excel
Hi, I have a csv file with a number of words (probably 1000-2000) separated by the "|" character. I wanted to import this file into Excel (Office 2003 Excel), so that I could get each word on a separate line so I could paste them into a blank text document. The problem is, when I go to import the .csv file, Excel imports each word into a column heading, & seeing as how it is limited to 256 columns, my file is not fully imported. I see that Excel has a 65000 row limit, which is more then enough, but I cannot see a way to get Excel to import each word as a separate row, rather tha...

Convert *.BMP to Excel shape
Hi there, I have *.BMP file with freeform outline. Does anybody know any method to convert this *.BMP to Excel AutoShape? Of course I can Insert Picture from this file and then make new Freeform shape using my *.BMP as a template but I need to make about 50 shapes: Thank you. ...

Excel Solver Issue
I am trying to use the excel solver and am running into some issues. The solver is giving me results that I know are wrong and I cannot get it to give me the correct results. I am using it to calculate a linearity which is based off of the STDEV and AVERAGE of a group of numbers. The formula I am using is: =TRUNC(SQRT(SUM(($B$2-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$3-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$4-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$5-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2,($B$6-AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6))^2)/4),0)/AVERAGE($B$2:$B$6) This is basically the longhand version of STDEV/AVERAGE which I have found gives the actual number I am lo...

Problems with formating and formulas in Excel 2002
I am having problems with the sum formula in Excel 2002. I take a straight copy of data in an acess database (not an export) and paste it into an excel spreadsheet. I can not seem to format the cells nor can I use the Sum formula to calculate. If I manually re-type all the numeric value these problems seem to disappear. The problems seem to have started when Access XP was installed onto the PC but niether removing Access no re- installing the PC has worked to correct this problem. Has anyone else seen something similar? Hi It sounds to me like the cells are coming in as text, rathe...

Excel XP crashes when printing, etc.
When I use Excel, there are some functions that cause the application to crash. These include printing, changing font attributes and other common operations. The application error info is: AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6501.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00033905 I have tried repairing my installation as well as deleting the entire Office XP install and doing it again from scratch. I am running all current WinXP and Office XP patches from the Windows Update and Office Update sites. Any Ideas? Sounds like your print driver is bad. You might check at the man...

excel formula to convert server time in seconds
I extracted data from my server. It keeps a log of time like this 1069255091 (this morning) I converted the data into excel but now I need this cell value to b the actual date and time. Any one have the easy answer ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way =DATE(1970,1,1)+F1/86400 format result as mm/dd/yy hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frogman1001" <frogman1001.x5hub@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:frogman1001.x5hub...

Excel charts #12
I am trying to format the individual labels on the category axis on an Excel chart. I want every other label in a different color and bold. But the entire category axis is formatted. Does anyone have a suggestion? The category axis is years - 1990 through 2005. I want the odd years to be bold and a different color than the even years. When Excel doesn't let me do what I want with a chart axis, I draw my own: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Use this technique to make two different axes, one for even and one for odd, and hide the default axis Excel draw...

can I import excel cells into word as labels
I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into word as labels. I have one column of numbers(approx. 350 cells) I would like to import into Word as individual labels. can this be done? -- Trial and Error takes too long! Use Mail merge. :) http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "wichita6" <wichita6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E79D3E90-8093-4B9F-B195-DF6C4C54ED0D@microsoft.com... >I am using Office 2000, and I'm trying to import excel data into ...