text to speech stopped working in excel

Text to speech in Excel stopped working.
Have Sapi 4
Have lhsp
Have TTS3000
Get message when opening speech propetries that
"The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could
not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a differnt audio
device"
however there is only one engine listed in speech properties - "Microsft
English ASR Version 5 Engine"?????
0
helpmax (1)

The information in the following MSKB article may help:

FIX: Speech engines do not work and you receive an error message when
you open Speech Control Panel
   http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=838659

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Can I have a CRichEdit not select all text upon WM_SETFOCUS ?
Hy I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text when I press Tab (because there is no other control in the dialog but a menu and the CRichEdit) and when some other pop-up window is opend by the parent dialog. Thank you "Timothy Madden" Romania "Timothy Madden" <batman@rmv.spam.home.ro> wrote in message news:3118d8F36ak0sU1@uni-berlin.de... > Hy > > I have an CRichEdit derived class that implements a commands console. > I would like the CRichEdit to stop selecting all text w...

Outline Levels -- Tab not working.
New computer, reloaded Word 3, now tab doesn't indent to next level in outline. Help! I am not sure what Word 3 is, but in most versions, in the AutoCorrect dialog>AutoFormat As You Type tab, check the box for "Set left- and first-indent with tabs and backspaces" -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "CindySue" <CindySue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A04FA9A3-512E-446F-A12E-DB13E33D217E@microsoft.com... >...

Workflow status active, but not working
Hello, I have an opportunity that triggered a (sales process )workflow rule on creation. When I look at the the sales process in the opportunity it shows that it's active. When I move from sales stage from eg 20% to 50% none of the workflow activities are kicked off for the 50%. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, can you create a new test opportunity and see if it has the same problem ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Loreeta" <Loreeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B072F8E1-6DBA...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

excel pivot table with sql query and visual basic macros
I have a pivot table that runs off a sql query, it has macros and parameters built into the report. It worked until the client updated their server and db software. When debugging this, on the module under the closedb it stops here: Sub CloseDB() 'IF CONNECTION IS OPEN IT NEEDS TO BE CLOSED SO AN ERROR IS NOT THROWN If rsData.State = 1 Then rsData.Close Set rsData = Nothing End If cnData.Close Set cnData = Nothing Set Cmd = Nothing End Sub Thanks ...

calculate null text field
Dear Helpers, I would like to creat a calculated field in a query that merch 3 text fields together, like, Index: [field A]&[field B]&[field C]. I don't want to replace the null field with anything so that if [field A] and [field B] are null and only [field C] contains data, the calculated [Index] field will look exactly like [field C]. Is it possible? I hope it is possible coz the Index field is a major field in my database. Thanks a lot to my helpers!! What happens if you type: [field A] & [field B] & [field C] into the Field row in query design, and choose A...

Excel 2002 Create Workbook (merge/reformat)?
I have 12 seperate spreadsheets I want to combine into 1 workbook (12 tabs). Any other alternative ways to do this other than copy and paste? Need to reformat "most" of the worksheets, I assume this can be done if all 12 tabs are selected. I may have to do this several times otherwise I would just copy and paste. Each spreadsheet has an average of 3k-4k transactions. You can open the workbook, ctrl-click on the worksheet tab and drag that worksheet into another workbook. (Then close that "sending" workbook and open the next...) ~Dave~ wrote: > > I have 1...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

Excel file takes a long time to save
I have a 1,000 x 15 straight worksheet with no formulas - about 100K. I went to auto-format a pattern, but didn't select the area and if formatted the entire spreadsheet. It's since gone from 5 seconds to 60 seconds per save and I can't reverse this, even by changing the auto-format setting to "none." I'm backed-up, but the current version is about three hours ahead and it will take longer to retrace the work by hand. Any suggestions? Thanks, Ben Try resetting the last used cell. Debra Dalgleish has some techniques at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Un...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

Excel design questions
Hi, I'm a new to excel. I'm assigned task to perform creating charts based on the following data. I explored little bit from web about the capabilities of excel, but few areas I'm not still quite sure about how to get it working. - Is it possible to have advanced filter to automatically refresh if the data is changed on which the filter is acting on?? Do I need to write maro for this?? - If i have a column with data (different types of tree names, ex: Apple, Apple, Maple, Grape,Grape..etc - name is repeatable). Can I uniquely get the name of all the different tree names automati...

"To: contains a phrase" filter does not work for outgoing emails
I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work for emails sent from my outlook. How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: field? O. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an > email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work > for emails sent from my outlook. > How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: > field? Use the "wit...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Excel 2000 #9
Is there a way to change the date format in footers and headers.?.these two items do not seem to pick up the formatting specified for the individual cells. David H. David Excel in any version uses the Short Date format from Windows Regional settings in headers/footers. You can make some minor changes in Regional settings but not too much. How about a macro to add the date in any format you choose? Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, mmmm-dd-yyyy") End With End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 Feb 2008...

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003 Suggest Names feature stops working
Hello I've run into a problem with one of our Outlook 2003 installations. On this particular PC (XP SP2), the Suggest Names feature has spontaneously "forgotten" all of the email addresses in it's cache. It's like all of the email addresses are somehow deleted. The feature is still turned on in Tools, Options, Email Options, Adv Email Options. And any email addresses the user puts in after this problem occurs are remembered, but Outlook doesn't remember any from the day before or earlier. The user hasn't been mucking around with his settings, and this has hap...

OWA Anchor Tags Down Work in Premium / Rich
Has anyone found a fix for this: If you click on a link in an email that is an html anchor / bookmark tag to another spot in the email, OWA Premium reloads the webpage without jumping down the anchor spot. But if you use Basic mode (or another browser like Firefox), it doesn't reload the page, it simply jumps down to the spot like it's supposed to. anyone know how to get this work correctly in premium? The property of the link in Premium / Rich shows this: ...202006.EML/#num10 but in OWA basic it looks like this: ...202006.EML/?cmd=Open#num7 I tried copying the url used by ba...

Multi-User Excel File on a Network Drive
How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple users concurrently? With all able to make and save changes to the same file. Thanks, Mike "Mike" wrote > How can I make an Excel file accessible to multiple > users concurrently? With all able to make and save > changes to the same file. Tools / Share Workbook Jordon ...

Inserting Rows in Excel
I have a spreadsheet with a unique identifier for each customer, Customer Information File (CIF). Whenever this number changes, I want to automatically insert a blank row. This will merely making the the spreadsheet more pleasing to the eye to read. Keep in mind, there may not be a break in CIF for 1 to 15 lines, but whenever this CIF number changes, I want a new blank row. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! David David Macro solution OK? Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long With Application .Calculation = xlManual .ScreenUpdating = False End With ...

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

Rule to delete junk mail does not always work
I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the mail containing these words still gets through (usually finish up in the Junk mail folder). When I run the rule on the Junk Mail folder these emails get deleted! So the rule would seem to be ok. Any idea why the rule does not always work? Al PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain > characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the > mail containing these words ...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

Compress an Excel File
I have an excel file that is 36 meg. Do you know how to compress the file? When I zip the file it drops to 3meg so I know it can be compressed. I beleive the file has become large due to the constent changes I need to make to the file. Help Please. Hi Mandy Maybe this will help? http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused You can use Rob Bovey's Code cleaner to clean up your code http://www.appspro.com/utilities/utilities.asp -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Mandy" <mangelo@arbys.com> wrote in message news:42c401c47fa1$ddc405d0$a401280a@...

Tracking an email when sent directly from Excel
I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. However I can never find any record of this in Outlook, or anywhere else. Is there a way so this gets recorded in Outlook, or can you tell me where I can find some record of the email and its contents. Thank you, On May 18, 7:23=A0pm, Rob <robfl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I often use the feature File>Send To>Mail Reciepient (as attachment) > when I'm working in an Excel Workbook. =A0However I can never find any > record of this in Outloo...

Diable excel macro for DATES
Hi, everytime i copy and paste from a website in this format XX/YY excel sees it as a DATE. how can i disable this feature..I just want t paste it as its raw form of XX/YY. When i cut and paste it in my exce and try to change the format by using TExt. it comes up with rubbis numbers. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com try formatting, as text, before you import -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "evo >" <<evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:evo.18vufd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > everytime i copy ...