Text to Speech prompt

Somehow I accidentally started an install of the above feature in Excel XP.
Now every time I open Excel a prompt appears asking if I want to install
Text to Speech.  I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and removed all the
features under Alternative User Input by marking it Unavailable, but the
prompt continues.  How do I get rid of this prompt?  I do not anticipate
EVER installing this feature.  TIA!

Can anyone offer any insight into this problem?

"Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message
> Somehow I accidentally started an install of the above feature in Excel
XP.
> Now every time I open Excel a prompt appears asking if I want to install
> Text to Speech.  I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and removed all the
> features under Alternative User Input by marking it Unavailable, but the
> prompt continues.  How do I get rid of this prompt?  I do not anticipate
> EVER installing this feature.  TIA!

Brenda

I would be tempted to finish the install of Text to Speech then go back to
Add/Remove>Change and uninstall that feature with the "Add/remove features".

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:53:38 -0500, "Brenda Hutton"
<bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote:

>Can anyone offer any insight into this problem?
>
>"Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message
>> Somehow I accidentally started an install of the above feature in Excel
>XP.
>> Now every time I open Excel a prompt appears asking if I want to install
>> Text to Speech.  I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and removed all the
>> features under Alternative User Input by marking it Unavailable, but the
>> prompt continues.  How do I get rid of this prompt?  I do not anticipate
>> EVER installing this feature.  TIA!

0
Gord
11/10/2004 10:29:16 PM
Can anyone offer any advice on this problem?  Every time I open Excel I get
a prompt for this.  TIA!

"Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message
> Somehow I accidentally started an install of the above feature in Excel
XP.
> Now every time I open Excel a prompt appears asking if I want to install
> Text to Speech.  I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and removed all the
> features under Alternative User Input by marking it Unavailable, but the
> prompt continues.  How do I get rid of this prompt?  I do not anticipate
> EVER installing this feature.  TIA!

Gord Dibben posted a suggestion on November 10th:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=O77X2VYzEHA.1412%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

And Jim Rech posted this in response to a similar question:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=O4exPK7pEHA.2484%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl

And Dave Peterson posted this:

   http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=3FD91674.A4523F4A%40msn.com

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
11/19/2004 4:12:12 AM
Is there anyone with any ideas about this?  Thanks!

"Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message
> Somehow I accidentally started an install of the above feature in Excel
XP.
> Now every time I open Excel a prompt appears asking if I want to install
> Text to Speech.  I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and removed all the
> features under Alternative User Input by marking it Unavailable, but the
> prompt continues.  How do I get rid of this prompt?  I do not anticipate
> EVER installing this feature.  TIA!

Thanks Debra!  I don't know why NONE of these messages is showing up in my
Outlook Express???  I will happily follow up on all these responses!!

"Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Gord Dibben posted a suggestion on November 10th:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=O77X2VYzEHA.1412%40tk2msftngp13.phx
..gbl

> And Jim Rech posted this in response to a similar question:

http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=O4exPK7pEHA.2484%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx
..gbl

> And Dave Peterson posted this:
>
>    http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=3FD91674.A4523F4A%40msn.com
>
> Brenda Hutton wrote:
> > Can anyone offer any advice on this problem?  Every time I open Excel I
get
> > a prompt for this.  TIA!
> >
> > "Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message
> >
> >>Somehow I accidentally started an install of the above feature in Excel
> >
> > XP.
> >
> >>Now every time I open Excel a prompt appears asking if I want to install
> >>Text to Speech.  I have gone to Add/Remove Programs and removed all the
> >>features under Alternative User Input by marking it Unavailable, but the
> >>prompt continues.  How do I get rid of this prompt?  I do not anticipate
> >>EVER installing this feature.  TIA!
> >>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

You're welcome. Google is a good place to search if you can't find

I don't use Outlook Express, so can't offer any suggestions for fixing
the problem. Tushar Mehta has instructions for using Outlook Express
with newsgroups:

   http://www.tushar-mehta.com/misc_tutorials/oe_ng/index.html

Brenda Hutton wrote:
> Thanks Debra!  I don't know why NONE of these messages is showing up in my
> Outlook Express???  I will happily follow up on all these responses!!
>
> "Debra Dalgleish" <dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com> wrote in message
>
>>Gord Dibben posted a suggestion on November 10th:
>>

> http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=O77X2VYzEHA.1412%40tk2msftngp13.phx
> .gbl
>
>>And Jim Rech posted this in response to a similar question:
>>

> http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=O4exPK7pEHA.2484%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx
> .gbl
>

>>And Dave Peterson posted this:
>>
>>   http://groups.google.com/groups?&threadm=3FD91674.A4523F4A%40msn.com
>>
>>Brenda Hutton wrote:
>>
>>>Can anyone offer any advice on this problem?  Every time I open Excel I
>>
> get
>
>>>a prompt for this.  TIA!
>>>
>>>"Brenda Hutton" <bhuttoNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message

>>>XP.

>>--
>>Debra Dalgleish
>>Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

PST file prompts me for a password after upgrading my Office
Hi All, After upgrading my Office 97 to Office 2000, my Outlook's personal folder prompts me for a password. But I didn't put any password on it before. I've tried recovering on some PST password recoverer, but it will just tell me that this file is not password protected. What's going on in here? HELP!!!! Please. Thanx in advance. Regards, Alvin ...

UDF to Convert formula results to text
Can a UDF be used to convert formula results from column A to text in column B? I know that I can manually cut and paste "special" to achieve this, but I want to avoid a manual step. Instead of a UDF use a macro. Change columns(2) to columns(1) to change the column withOUT the need for an additional column. Sub converttovalues() Columns(2).Value = Columns(1).Value End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Don" <don87109@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230kPQ8gDKHA.4608@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Can a UD...

break a text string and export to cell range
Hi All, I am creating a pricing list and from a few hundred possible optio select only a small percentage. Those options are CONCATENATED into cell and seperated by a delimiter (#). Simply cell A1= option a#option c#option q#option r# I need to break this list up so I can see clearly the selecte options. How can I break this apart at the delimiter and place output in cells Something like: c1= option a c2= option c c3= option q c4= option r If there is a better way to go about this Im open to suggestions. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd use the text to ...

docmd.runsql only works when text is present
I have the following code: txtSQL = "SELECT mytbl.myA, mytbl.myB FROM mytbl where myA = " & strText For some reason in vba, my query works when the strText has text present (4567E), and doesn't when it is just a number(45643). What am I doing wrong? It is driving me batty. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200801/1 ...

How to keep fonty style to write in a text with different style?
Hello everyone, I have started giving lessons. I need to add my corrections to the text my pupil send me by e-mail. Right now I have to change the font style each and every time I have to write something in the middle of her text. As it´s a correction, I type in red bold letters while the original text is in normal black font. Is there any option I can use so that I don´t have to change the font every time? Any option that sets the type font independently of the style of the original text? Thank you. Hi Cristina, Word has a Track Changes feature that change ...

Use existing jpeg as background and place text on top
I want to use an existing jpg file as the background on a page and place text on top of t. How do I do that? What have you tried so far? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "florida" <florida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:046328DC-F4A4-4E8D-B724-54C92371891A@microsoft.com... >I want to use an existing jpg file as the background on a page and place >text > on top of t. How do I do that? > I tried placing the jpg in background, but instead of getting one large image, I got a whole page of small images. florida "JoAnn Pa...

Is it possible to Unicode only for menu text...
Hi i am working on application where i need menu text in Arabic. I have done it (VC++ 6)with the following method: I have added... Project-Settings-C++-Preprocessor definitions : _UNICODE & Project-Settings-Link-Category-OutPut : wWinMainCRTStartup Then i have write arabic text in menu enteries, it works fine. But in my application i an using lot of other data types like CString etc. These don't work if i not convert them in unicode. What i want to ask "is there is any way to unicode only the menu resouce not whole the application". Means i don't want t...

Macro to delete a text box and copy in new one
I need to set-up a macro to go from one file, file1, into another file, file2, and delete a text box in file2. Then, I need the macro to go back into file1 and copy a blank text box over to file2 and put it in the same location. Is this possible? Any information is appreciated. Thanks You could do it with something like: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim fWks As Worksheet Dim tWks As Worksheet Dim fShape As Shape Dim tShape As Shape Dim tLocation As Range Set fWks = Workbooks("book1.xls").Worksheets("sheet1") Set tWks = Workbooks(...

Line up text
I have a column, Members, where sometimes there can be multiple names. I pull a query and then run a report. However, the data entered is all on one line but I want the report to have it appear as a list. For example, the data in the table appears as Jane Doe - Spring 07 and John Doe - Spring 08. How do I get it to appear as follows in my report: Jane Doe - Spring 07 John Doe - Spring 08 My Access skills are basic so the more detailed the better. Thank you in advance. If all have a dash where you want to align on then you can use a calculation. Field_Title: Left(Left([YourField], Inst...

Paste Special as Text
I have a small program that drops text from a Word table into Excel using Paste Special as Text. Although Paste Special as Text should insert the contents of the clipboard as text without any formatting this does not appear to be happening as it did with Excel 2000 . Excel 2003 splits the data when it meets a New Line or Carriage Return and drops anything after it down to row below. Any ideas what is causing this behaviour Thanks for your assistance Phil ...

putting text into pictures once in outlook
Hi I frequently want to send photos from outlook. Is thee an easy way of insertng text into pictures, tried text box, but it will not work. thanks tim "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:4241e306@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi I frequently want to send photos from outlook. Is thee an easy way of > insertng text into pictures, tried text box, but it will not work. thanks > tim > Try a good image editing program. Outlook isn't one of those. ...

Can Excel 2003 prompt before Autosaving?
In Excel 2000 you could have the Autosave prompt you before saving. I can't find this feature in 2003, just the Autosave. Chris There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have...

How does 'save as text' work?
What is the difference between save, save as, save as text? When I 'save', or 'save as' I get a PDF file icon, when I 'save as text' I get a 'notepad' icon. I can access the PDF file but there's nothing in the 'notepad' icon to access. Where are you seeing these options? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ruben" <Ruben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6434BFFE-D523-4E3A-ADB9-53249E77667A@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between save, save as, save as text? > When I 'save'...

Text field size
I want to import data into a new table in Access 2007. Under Access Options, then Object designers--I put 50 in as the Default text size. But anytime I import data and it is a text field it will automaticlt make it 255 no matter what i do. I am trying to limit the size of the Database since most of my data would never exceed 50. Thanks -- Tom The good news is that Access doesn't waste space in text field. Even if the field is sized to 255 characters, if you put 50 characters in it, that's all it uses. About the only downside to having it set at 255 is that a fo...

x-axis text wraping
I'm working with data in a column chart that expands over 36 periods.=20 Rather than have the x-axis list 1 thru 36 I want x-axis to display = text.=20 I already know how to get the text there and to adjust the x-axis=20 orientation, etc. However, the graph automatically wraps the text once=20 it gets so long.=20 I don't want the text to wrap. Is there anyway to have the chart not=20 wrap the text? Besides decreasing the font of the x-axis. Brett wrote: > I'm working with data in a column chart that expands over 36 periods. > Rather than have the x-axis list 1 thru 36 I wa...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text
I have a comma delimited text file with a .txt extension. I converte it into excel to make some changes to the file and am having problem converting it back to comma delimited with .txt extention. When I'm i excel and "save as" the only comma delimited option I see is .csv. I it possible to save comma delimited with .txt extention? Any guidanc is greatly appreciated -- deac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com...

Extracting Partial Text from Field
A couple of weeks ago, I posted to this group for help extracting the To and By data from this field into two separate fields I could query and report on cs - Assigned Issue To: MARILYN MONROE Assigned by: JOHN KENNEDY I was given this and it worked GREAT: To: Mid([action_description],InStr([action_description],"Assigned Issue To:")+25,(InStrRev([action_description],"Assigned by:")-1)-(InStr([action_description],"Assigned Issue To:")+19)) I now have an Assigned To field that contains MARILYN MONROE and an Assigned By that contains ROBERT KENNEDY. The prob...

copy/paste excel to texteditor -> multi-line text cells gain unwanted double-quotes
i have a formula composed of 3 lines in one cell: =" IF c_MSISDN_NDC" & $E3 & " IS NOT NULL THEN utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, ' '||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +" & $E3 & ", 1, c_oper_name);'); utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, ' '||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_table)||'(c_new_point +" & $E3 & ", 2, c_oper_name);');" this produces a text string, e.g. as below: " IF c_MSISDN_NDC70 IS NOT NULL THEN utl_file.put_line (l_file_handle, ' '||c_pkg||LOWER(l_curr_t...

text disapearing in a text box
I put a text box on a chart. After typing it in (it was a long text) I saved the chart I could still see all the text. After I saved it, I created a PDF. It was still fine. After I closed excel. The next time I opened the chart part of the text was gone. I tried to resize the text box, but part of the text was still gone. When I oringinally save the chart I didn't get an error message about the size and the pdf after the save showed all of the text. Thanks ...

Safe Mode and MS Dot Prompt
I am really new to Thinkpad T30 with Win XP Pro and I need help. I have so many trivial questions and unable to find the answer in the Thinkpad help or in Internet. How to boot up in Safe Mode or MS Dot Prompt? Due to different time zones, I may be posting in the wrong time of the day, please excuse. I really appreciate it. Thank you. Thought of using Help (from your start menu)? "dwn" <dwnns@nonet.net> wrote in message news:hpco610t4@news6.newsguy.com... > > > I am really new to Thinkpad T30 with Win XP Pro and I need help. I have > so m...

Text boxes
When I open a new text box it always has 2 columns in it. How can I change it to just open with 1 box with no columns Thelma darling, what oh what version of Publisher are you using??? -- I am using Publisher 2000 Thelma wrote: > I am using Publisher 2000 What about them?! Was there supposed to be a question in there somewhere?! Sarah, Did you bother to read the thread? Of course not - it shows! May 2004 bring you a tinge of humanity and caring, as well as tolerance and intelligence. You're seriously lacking in all four areas. Merry Christmas, Mike Epona wrote: > Th...

Is there a way to hide text in a cell?
I'm trying to format a spreadsheet where some information (passwords) should only be viewed by certain people.... not for the general viewer. Is there a way to hide text in a cell? I have done it in the past but I can't seem to figure this out now. IT For a very casual and inexperienced user you may get away with something like this, but anything you do can be easily un-done by just about anyone who could access these news groups. You could format the text to white so's it wouldn't show in the cell. You can go to Format>Cell>Protection and check "hidden"...

Removing shadow from text under icons
My question is related to Windows 7. I post here as I don't see any more specific newsgroup... I configured the desktop theme as Windows Classic with a white solid background. I see the text under the desktop icons as white shadowed. How can I configure the text under icons to be simply black, wihtout any shadow? I see the same problem even using other desktop background solid colors... What setting should I change? Regards Marius On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:44:07 +0100, "Marius - Roma" <mr@nospam.local> wrote: > My question is related to Windows 7. I...

entering text on merged cells
Can anyone help me with this question? I want to enter text on merged cells. The wrap text box is checked. When I enter the text it looks ok and like it should fit within the merged cells but when I go out of the merged cells it displays: ###############################. Thanks Try formatting the cell as General (instead of Text). David Pincus wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this question? I want to enter > text on merged cells. The wrap text box is checked. > When I enter the text it looks ok and like it should fit > within the merged cells but when I go out of ...

text change
I'll try this again as I accidentally hit the enter key after typing the subject. In a spreadsheet I have all of my staff listed by their abbreviated names used to identify them on our server. I want to be able to convert there abbreviated names like "gcarls" to "Carlson, Glen". I think one of the If formualtions will work but I'm having difficulty. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? -- John See this: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...