Text to Columns on all Columns Starting w/"E6"

Hello,
Could you please tell me "how to" (with code) do Text to
Columns (Fixed Width, General) on all columns starting
with E6, to bottom of the used range?
I never know how many columns will be on the spreadsheet.
I just know that everything starts on row 6 in all
columns and begins with column E.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thank You,
Terri
0
anonymous (74722)

Oops...Did I post this to the wrong site?  Should I
repost this to the programming section?

0
anonymous (74722)
6/5/2004 3:48:36 PM
I think there is some confusion with your post.

All columns starting with E6 is confusing to me at least.

Did you meant you wanted all the cells from E6:E(lastrow)?

Or all the columns E6:E9999, F6:F9999, G6:G9999, and so forth?

Here's some code that may get you started.  You should record a macro when you
do the text to columns manually to get that layout (fixed width and General) the
way you want.

Option Explicit
Sub myTextToColumns()

    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim totFormulas As Long

    With Worksheets("sheet1")
        Set myRng = .Range("e6", .Cells(.Rows.Count, "E").End(xlUp))
        If Application.CountA(myRng) = 0 Then
            'do nothing, no data
        Else
            totFormulas = 0
            On Error Resume Next
            totFormulas = myRng.Cells _
                             .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).Cells.Count
            On Error GoTo 0
            If totFormulas > 0 Then
                MsgBox "Please no formulas!"
            Else
                Application.DisplayAlerts = False
                myRng.TextToColumns Destination:=myRng.Cells(1), _
                    DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), _
                    Array(4, 1), Array(10, 1), Array(18, 1))
                Application.DisplayAlerts = True
            End If
        End If
    End With
End Sub

The application.displayalerts = false suppresses the "do you want to overwrite
the values in the adjacent columns.  If you have data next to column E, you'll
want to move that data to the right in your code.  Just record a macro when you
do it manually and plop it in the code right before the
"application.displayalerts = false" line.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Destination:=myRng.Cells(1), _
>>                     DataType:=xlFixedWidth,
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), _
>>                     Array(4, 1), Array(10, 1), Array
(18, 1))
>>                 Application.DisplayAlerts = True
>>             End If
>>         End If
>>     End With
>> End Sub
>>
>> The application.displayalerts = false suppresses
the "do you want to overwrite
>> the values in the adjacent columns.  If you have data
next to column E, you'll
>> want to move that data to the right in your code.
Just record a macro when you
>> do it manually and plop it in the code right before the
>> "application.displayalerts = false" line.
>>
>> anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
>> >
>> > Oops...Did I post this to the wrong site?  Should I
>> > repost this to the programming section?

0
anonymous (74722)
6/5/2004 9:21:08 PM
If you know that your data is fixed width, then you know how many fields are in
the column that need to be splitting up.

I used 5 fields (and inserted 4 columns for each column) in this example:

Be careful.  You're limited to 256 columns.  You can't insert a lot of columns
without blowing up real good.

Option Explicit
Sub myTextToColumns2()

    Dim myRng As Range
    Dim totFormulas As Long
    Dim cCtr As Long
    Dim NumberOfFields As Long
    Dim LastCol As Long

    NumberOfFields = 5 'total number of fields to split

    With Worksheets("sheet1")

        totFormulas = 0
        On Error Resume Next
        totFormulas = .Range("e6", .Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeLastCell)) _
                         .SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas).Cells.Count
        On Error GoTo 0

        If totFormulas > 0 Then
            MsgBox "Please no formulas!"
            Exit Sub
        End If

        For cCtr = .Cells(6, .Columns.Count).End(xlToLeft).Column To 5 Step -1

            Set myRng = .Range(.Cells(6, cCtr), _
                              .Cells(.Rows.Count, cCtr).End(xlUp))

            If Application.CountA(myRng) = 0 Then
                'do nothing, no data
            Else
                .Columns(cCtr + 1).Resize(, NumberOfFields - 1).Insert
                Application.DisplayAlerts = False
                myRng.TextToColumns Destination:=myRng.Cells(1), _
                    DataType:=xlFixedWidth, FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), _
                    Array(4, 1), Array(10, 1), Array(18, 1))
                Application.DisplayAlerts = True
            End If
        Next cCtr
    End With
End Sub

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

cCtr).End(xlUp))

>            If Application.CountA(myRng) = 0 Then
>                'do nothing, no data
>            Else
>                .Columns(cCtr + 1).Resize(,
NumberOfFields - 1).Insert
>                Application.DisplayAlerts = False
>                myRng.TextToColumns
Destination:=myRng.Cells(1), _
>                    DataType:=xlFixedWidth,
FieldInfo:=Array(Array(0, 1), _
>                    Array(4, 1), Array(10, 1), Array(18,
1))
>                Application.DisplayAlerts = True
>            End If
>        Next cCtr
>    End With
>End Sub
>

>anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote:
>>
>> Sorry for any confusion.  Yes, I meant all the
populated
>> cells in all columns from E6:E(last row), F6:F(last
row),
>> G6:G(last row), until the columns are blank.
>> Thank You again!
>> Terri

0
anonymous (74722)

Email is deleted as unread and tagged with codes like E6
Email that I send to another PC that I control has started being deleted by the recipient PC without being read. I receive an email back from the recipient PC that the email was deleted without being read, and the subject line includes alphanumeric codes like E1 or E6. The mail is going to my inbox, not my junk folder on this PC. I've added the email addresses of both this PC and the recipient PC to the safe senders and safe recipients lists under the junk email options for both PCs. But I still get emails returned as unread. Is there something else that I can do to pr...

Mainstone III BSP for CE6 R2: Compat. with Mainstone II h/w?
Does anyone know if running Mainstone III BSP (from CE6 R2) on a Mainstone II should have any issues with DMA, or DMA Interrupts? Shortly after inserting a SDIO WLAN card, the SDHC driver, I see an Assertion failure within SDHC IST thread. (NOTE that same driver works with CE5 BSP for the Mainstone II): 41920 PID:400002 TID:43d000e SDHCIST: Interrupt: 0x00000001 41920 PID:400002 TID:43d000e SDHCIst: MMC_IREG_DATA_TRAN_DONE 41920 PID:400002 TID:43d000e Unknown: DEBUGCHK failed in file C: \WINCE600\PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\PXA27X_MS_V1\SDHC\.\SDControl.c at line 1561 ---...

Text to Columns on all Columns Starting w/"E6"
Hello, Could you please tell me "how to" (with code) do Text to Columns (Fixed Width, General) on all columns starting with E6, to bottom of the used range? I never know how many columns will be on the spreadsheet. I just know that everything starts on row 6 in all columns and begins with column E. I would really appreciate your help. Thank You, Terri Oops...Did I post this to the wrong site? Should I repost this to the programming section? >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Could you please tell me "how to" (with code) do Text to >Columns (Fixed Wi...

iis on xp does not start The server {A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C
When I try to start iis I get 2 errors Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: Service Control Manager Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 7024 Data: 21/02/2010 Ora: 11.39.32 Utente: N/D Computer: D630 Descrizione: The IIS Admin Service service terminated with service-specific error 2148073478 (0x80090006). and Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: DCOM Categoria evento: Nessuno ID evento: 10010 Data: 21/02/2010 Ora: 11.40.02 Utente: D630\Administrator Computer: D630 Descrizione: The server {A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750} did not register with DCOM within...

Outlook XP HTML email is plain text in OE6...why?
When my Father sends an HTML email to me it shows as plain text in Outlook Express6. We are both using WinXP (Him with Home and me with Pro). He is set to send HTML. His HTML message is properly formatted when received on my other computer using Outlook 98. I can receive HTML mail from others. I can receive HTML from my Outlook 98 computer that look fine. Is something wrong somewhere? Thanks Scott Do you have OE set to read all messages in plain text (Tools | Options | Read tab)? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook XP w/ IE6sp1
Whenever I click on a hyperlink in an email IE opens one 'blank' window and then another window that actually follows the link clicked. I'm running 2K fully patched. ...

I can't get a new window to open in IE 6 from OE6 w/ hyperlink
I just changed back from Mozilla to IE (thank goodness!) and I can't get hyperlinks in my e-mail to open in new windows. It just uses the same window over and over. I went into my Folder Options through Control Panel and made sure the Open in new window" circle was filled in. My file types are associated with IE instead of Mozilla but it still won't work! Any ideas? andi <andipaid@hotmail.com(donotspam)> wrote: > I just changed back from Mozilla to IE (thank goodness!) and I can't > get hyperlinks in my e-mail to open in new windows. Ask in an Outlook E...

text size keeps changing in IE6
After upgrading from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2002 the text size in IE6 viewing web pages keeps changing from what I have it set e.i small or smaller back to medium. I had got the latest version of Outlook Express which was #6 before upgrading. I have Windows 98SE and have all the latest updates and patches. I am using Office 97 professional edition if that means anything. The text keeps changing not every time, but almost every time I reopen either IE6 or open favorites in Outlook 2002. This happens on more than one computer as I have 3 computers that this happened to. I purchased 3 so...

=?Utf-8?Q?Outlook_=E7=99=BB=E9=8C=84_VB_Script_DLL_=E5=A4=B1=E6=95=97?=
請重新安裝或執行 Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll來進行自行登錄。 我已經做了,但仍然無法登錄? ...

=D6-E6. Answer in F6. I want answer in F6 only if value in E6?
I put in an equation. =D6-E6. The answer appears in box F6. I don't want the answer to appear in box F6 unless I put a value in box E6. At the moment, my value in box E6 is empty. Are there any solutions to this problem? In article <7224501B-82A8-4B0F-9CBF-76F0BE896A3A@microsoft.com>, JillM@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I put in an equation. =D6-E6. The answer appears in box F6. I don't want the > answer to appear in box F6 unless I put a value in box E6. At the moment, my > value in box E6 is empty. Are there any solutions to this problem? > =IF(ISBLANK...

Outlook (and OE6 to lesser extent) both hang on starting
I am on a desktop with 98SE and happily had OE6 as my original email system for some years, but have now switched my email account to Outlook 2000 (sort of on purpose - my laptop uses Outlook), with all the emails from OE6 duplicated into Outlook (and there are quite a lot, although I don't think sufficient to overload the computer's resources (plenty of memory left). All worked well for a while, but suddenly Outlook has decided to hang on starting - I get the central square with Outlook 2000 , but that's it - it hangs, won't load, the mouse cursor slows right down, and ...

=D6-E6 there are brackets?
After gaining a balance from the equation =D6-E6 there are brackets surrounding the answer. Instead of brackets, when the value has saved money is it possible for there to be a "+" sign, and when the value has lost money is it possible to have a "-" sign? How is this possible? On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JillM <JillM@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >After gaining a balance from the equation =D6-E6 there are brackets >surrounding the answer. Instead of brackets, when the value has saved money >is it possible for there to b...

OE6 starts very slowly
I'm running Outlook Express 6, but it starts up very slowly for some reason. My OS is Windows XP. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks in advance. Tom Hi, Tom - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer...

KB955759 is crashing IE6 and WMP11 under XP /w SP3
I am using XP Professional /w SP3. The following update is IMHO malfunctioning as after applying it, IE6 and Windows Media Player 9 will not start anymore: Update for Windows Server 2003, Windows XP and Windows 2000 (KB955759) After restoring my system to a restore point right prior to the installation of the above update it is working again fine. Nothing else was installed in between. This behaviour is a reoccuring one (tried it 2 times). As I noticed, I am "not alone out there" experiencing this problem. See e.g. thread named 'Hekp! IE8 problem after Window...

iis on xp does not start The server {A9E69610-B80D-11D0-B9B9-00A0C922E750} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout