text not wrapping in column

I have an Excel spread sheet with columns of wrapped
text.  At a certain point, the text stops wrapping.  If I
try to shrink to fit, the text disappears.  Any ideas?

show another column when hovering on a point in a chart
Is it possible to show another column when you hover on a point? I have 3 columns, A, B, and C for a scatter plot I have B and C as x and y coordinates of a point, and I'd like to have Excel show A when I hover on the point. thanks, Wei ...

Can the column index in a cell address be made variable?
Hi, To refer to a cell with a variable row number, we can just code it as, for example, Dim i As Interger i=234 Range("A" & i).Select To refer to a cell with a variable column index, it seems not that easy because the column index must be explicitly specified in a cell address. So, if I want to go to the j th column on the 2nd row or j columns to the right of cell AA3, is there a quick and easy way to do it? Thank you in advance. David You may be able to use R1C1 terminology, but you'll need to get someone else to help from here. "cyberdude" <honc...

Sorting Alphanumeric values in a text field
I'm using Access 2003 for a database for my company. I have a field in a table that has both text and numbers. They are part numbers, for example 21BC124. I kept the field as text because of the text with in the numbers and didn't figure that a numeric field would alow the text. In my part numbers table it sorts correctly (first by number then by letter then by number again), but in my reports and queries there are a few number that sort in the wrong place. Like this... 20D10-3 21BC123 21BC128 22D10 25TD47 21FA101 21FA200 25FA203 38FA601 21FP604 38WS100 I can't quite f...

Not allow entering repeated references in a column
Frank, If you don�t mind ... I will send it :) . As I don�t know your e-mail, I will give mine, which is ssouritinha@sapo.pt Just send your e-mail to my e-mail box and I will send the file. Thanks, Ritinh -- ritinh ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ritinha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1566 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27195 ...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

if statement with text
I am trying to create an if statement where the string of text contains total, if yes then perform calculation base on that row and column. if no total in text leave blank help =IF(ISERROR(FIND("Total", A1)),"",-yourCalculation-) FIND returns #VALUE if "Total" is not in A1 Therefore, ISERROR returns False if "Total" is in A1 (i.e., it was found, no error) HTH, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "jerry" <jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E249057A-F6E4-45BF-929A-B2BB61C3A700@micro...

convert text in excel to uppercase
Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all uppercase? In VBA Editor Sub MakeUpper() Dim MySht As Worksheet, MyCell As Range For Each MySht In ThisWorkbook.Sheets For Each MyCell In MySht.UsedRange.Cells MyCell = UCase(MyCell) Next Next End Sub "elaine" wrote: > Is it possible to convert all text in a workbook or on a spreadsheet to all > uppercase? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "elaine" <elaine@discussions.microsoft.com> s...

Column comparing
I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for this please? Many thanks DT Check your earlier post. Dave T wrote: > > I am trying to compare 2 columns of numbers so that I can identify and > delete numbers no longer required. Can anyone help me find a formula for > this please? > > Many thanks > DT -- Dave Peterson ...

Prevent Hidden Column data from being copied/pasted?
A student came up with a question that I haven't been able to figure out yet in a recent Excel class. They are hiding a column and protecting the worksheet in the correct manner. They want to allow some users to access and enter information in some cells. They do not want the users to be able to copy and paste the information from the hidden column. The question is how can this be prevented? For example, Column B is hidden. When they copy a range such as A1:C10 and paste it to another worksheet, they are getting the "hidden" data in Column B in B1:B10. Any suggestions wou...

Hyper link one column to another
I would like to have my columns hyper link one another. For example: Click on B2 would take you to N2, and vice-versa. Click on C2 would take you to O2... and so on through column j linked to V. Is this possible without having to make the link for each cell? This is a timesheet template and the columns b though J are the hours and N through V are the text comments for those hours. When I copy the template to a new sheet, there will be no data in any column. I would like to be able to enter an amount or formula (=end-start) for time spent and then be able to click on that cell and hyperlin...

combining columns all the way down
I am trying to combine two columns of information in excel but th concatenate function doesnt seem to work for it. It may just be m ineptitude in excel but I just cant seem to figure this out. I have 3 colums Column A__________Column B___________Column C tree_______________ .jpg dog________________.gif House______________.png But I cant seem to be able to make it so that column C has tree.jpg an dog.gif and house.png Is concatenate the wrong thing to use here? or am I making my formula incorrectly -- sparkrom ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sparkro...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

Provide space in text
Where text and numbers are at different locations in different cells what formula could be used to suit this type of information. I want to be able to put a space between the main body of text on the left and give a space between the text and the start of any numbers are in the cell. Example 1: A1 = Abelia Edward Goucher2 litre Should be: Abelia Edward Goucher 2 litre Example 2: A2 = Acer campestre Nanum180stem 6-8 Should be: Acer campestre Nanum 180stem 6-8 Thankyou if can be of help. Pat If you double clcik in the cell with the data then you can move th blink line to were you wan...

Halfway through my publisher document the text starts scrambling
I am in the middle of a Publisher document that I have to get out ASAP and the words are scrmbling all of a sudden; for instance instead of the it prints out eht. HELP!! Might try an updated printer driver. What version Publisher are you using? What printer? What version Windows? Canon has issues with Publisher 98 and Windows 98 How to troubleshoot text printing (inkjet printers) in Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198258&Product=pub PUB2000: Troubleshooting Text Printing (Laser Printers) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198...

I need a formula to sum column b if column a is between two dates
I have an excel spreadsheet with employees time off. I need a formula that will add column b if column a is betwee two dates. For example: if column a is between 9/22/04 and 9/21/05 then add column b. I have tried all different formluas but can't get this to work. ...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

Find a text
Hi all I am trying to find a text and delate a Row if the text is in the row. But I am not sure how to do it. Can someone help me? Option Explicit Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange If Cell = "Samtals hreyfing:" Then ‚the text Samtals hreyfing sin in in the column E:E ‚If the text Samtals hreyfing: is in the row then I want to delete the Row End If Next Cell End Sub I think you may be looking for this... Sub FindText() Dim Cell As Range For Each Cell In Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Columns("E")) ...

Help with formula: finding text
Hi, I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell with a list of names in a table. If there is a match it should return a associated text to the matched name from the table. If no match it should just leave the cell blank. Thanks in advance Jonas Hi =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "Jonas Ornborg" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell > with a list of names in a table. If there is a match...

setting a column value in code for an updatable ViewGrid
Is there a way to set the value for a column in code when a ViewGrid row is edited? I have a row-last-updated date that is a required audit field in all our systems (required by data management). I don't really want the user updating this field as it should always be system controlled. If I create an editable ViewGrid tied to either an SqlDataSource or an ObjectDataSource, the field seems to only be updatable by the user. I can set it the first time by setting the DefaultValue in code but that has no effect after there is an initial value in the column. Do I need to co...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

Export (or save as) .csv with text delimiters
Has anyone found a way of coercing Excel 2000 to export .csv files with delimiter text? e.g: as "Mickey Mouse","Minnie Mouse","Donald Duck" not Mickey Mouse,Minnie Mouse,Donald Duck Thanks Caroline -- CarolineP ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CarolineP's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20007 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=345941 http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "CarolineP" <Car...