Text Function with Different Formatting for Number

I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another
cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold.  This
is the formula I'm using right now:

="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)")

Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making the
number bold.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

M,

I think a macro could do this, since it's really a string you're going to
wind up with.  But if you can put the Sales: part in a separate cell, life
will be much easier anyway.  then you just make the number cell bold.
Normally, labels, like Sales: are not kept with numbers.  Most Excel
functionality will not be available with that -- it's not a number, it's
text.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"MKenworthy" <MKenworthy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another
> cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold.
> This
> is the formula I'm using right now:
>
> ="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)")
>
> Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making
> the
> number bold.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks

0
someone798 (944)

number rounding in MS Excel

open two different Access reports

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Qrp Date functions

Phone Number Filtering

Fractions Number format

Roman and Arabic numbers in SEQ
Running 2003 on XP. Got a doc that has SEQ numbering. The code is: ARTICLE{seq level0\h\r0}{seq level1\h\r0} etc. to level 7 and the last entry is {seq level0\r1\*ROMAN) This displays ARTICLE I The next level down is has this code: {seq level0\c\*ROMAN}.{seq level1\r1 \*arabic} This displays as : I.1, with numbers until article five displaying as V.1, V.2, etc. I want it to display as 1.1, 1.2, etc. I tried replacing the ROMAN with arabic, but it didn't change anything. I have spent hours trying to figure this out. Using reveal formating and styles, they are no styles...

Invoice Numbers 10-27-07

parameter for text

Rounding Numbers #3

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date function quit working

total group & max function
I am using Access 2003 I created a Db for Machine Mtce. The table consists of 3 tables, (1) Basic Mach Infor (ie Mach#, Mach Name, Mfg etc) - (2) Operations Table - consists of different prev mtce (PM) that need to be completed at various time frames. Ex: "Mach 100" could have 3 different operations; Oper # 100A to change the oil due every 90 days, Oper # 100B to check the belts due every 180 days, Oper # 100C to grease the machine due every 365 days. The 3rd table is the "PM History" table which includes the history of all of the PM's completed with Work Order...