Text Color Format Does not stick

I have text in a cell and I applied the color red but as soon as I go to the
next cell, it changes back to orignal text formatting.  What could be the
cause?
0
Roberta1 (28)

DISREGARD this posting.

"Roberta" wrote:

> I have text in a cell and I applied the color red but as soon as I go to the
> next cell, it changes back to orignal text formatting.  What could be the
> cause?
0
Roberta1 (28)

pc failing to recognise mdb format
I downloaded a database that is in mdb format now my pc has access 97 what can I do to view this database. Are there any free conveters I can use or what can I do coz the database is very important. Nb I am not able to purchase any software online If you have Access 97 and you download an .mdb file written in, say, Access 2003, your copy of Access 97 won't be able to understand it. Can you get the .mdb file in Access 97 format? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "tace" <tennytace@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171968678.990684.111010@p10g2000cwp.goog...

Default Conditional Formatting Grayed Out in Subform? 2007
Hi, I have a subform in datasheet view and need 4 conditional formats based on a percentage (every 25% a different color). Thought I would could do this via Conditional Formatting by setting 3 conditions based on the percentage value (>=.75, dark green; <.25, red; >= .5 AND < .75, light green) and the remaining percentage (>=.25 AND <.5) could be yellow with the Default Formatting. It appears to work in the design view of the subform but in the actual form it does not. The Default Formatting for yellow never shows when true and when I open the Conditional Form...

Conditional Formatting (Dates)
I can't wrap my head around this conditional formatting stuff. Is it possible to do the following? My F3 cell contains a date. If F3 is greater than or equal to 1 year, I want my A3 cell to be colored yellow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi! If F3 contains a date greater than 12/31/1900, then it's going to be greater than or equal to 1 year. I think a better explanation is needed! Biff "d_birr77" <dbirr77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E2F9F8-ED00-40E4-B752-F19E8FB37BAA@microsoft.com... >I can't wrap my head around this...

Text and numbers
I'm working on a job applicant scoring system. I would like for any text that I type to represent a number value that I choose, so that I can score applicants. Create a vlookup table a 5 b 4 c 3 d 2 e 1 assume the range is Sheet2!$A$2:$B$6 then use a formula like =VLOOKUP(A2,Sheet2!$A$2:$B$6,2,0) where A2 would be a cell where you type for instance "c" which will return the score 3 Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Pepper Sue" <Pepper Sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8855A73-DAD8-4111-BFA2-BB0570A97F5C@microsoft.com... > ...

Puzzled about javascript interfering with functions and formatting
Our company has a large intranet website setup with a bunch of data in it and it would really be nice to copy and paste from any of there sites into excel and do stuff to the data. Sort by hire date, remove those pesky spaces I don't want, etc. The problem (I guess) is javascript/java that was used to make the webpage? You cut and paste into Excel and it can't do a darn thing. No way to format (unless you rekey the data), No way for find and replace to work (at all I think). What gives??? Is there something I'm missing. Oh...the corp. gurus (haha) also setup a ...

text changes in report writer
i have format the report Multicurrency General Edit List in report writer with what the client wants. i added different texts in the format. when i email the report using package the error 'unable to add additionalreportheader 'Header' to report 'multicurrency general posting edit list' because the 'additionalreportheader' already exists. but when i send the reports.dic it successfully import the report but the text fields all changes to different fields. it isn't what i formatted it to. please help!!! thanks, mel ...

Convert text to time value

Freeze panes + cropping of text
I have chosen to freeze panes in an Excel spreadsheet with three rows at the top of a table and two columns on the left. The table covers A1:S364. The problem arises when I review the notes (at the bottom after a table) and the title of the page once printed. As these rows are longer than the cells they are in and cross between the columns which are frozen and columns which are not, they are automatically cropped. Currently in order for the notes to be displayed I have to merge the cell with the notes in up to and including all cells where the frozen panes start, wrap the text and inc...

Document formatting Options
When I highlight some text to format (like bold, italics, center, etc..) the system automatically applies the formatting to everything in the document. I have to click undo and then it only applies it to the highlighted area. I believe this is an option that I need to fix, but can't find it. Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks! See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WholeDocumentReformatted.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Marvelous Monday" <Marvelous Monday@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07971607-4106-4476-A781-116259941...

Saving Custom number formats
When I apply a custom number format to a worksheet in Excel 97 SR2 the dame format is not available in other worksheets. Is there a way of making it stick? Thanks in advance. Ian Hi Ian, Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this in your XLSTART folder -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Ian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:199a01c3fc05$2e662cf0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I apply a custom number format to a worksheet in > Excel 97 SR2 the dame format is not available i...

Format TextBox in UserForm
Hello I have a userform which contains textboxes with calculations. For example, I have a statement that requires the user to input data to be used to calculate inventory turns. Once the data is entered, a formula will calculate the number of inventory turns and will display in a separate textbox. Is there a way to format the textbox so the formula is in "comma" style? Currently, the calculation returns 5 or 6 places to the left of the decimal. Is there a better control other than a "textbox" to perform this calculation or is there a way to format the textbox to show ...

HELP! Need File Format Infos
I backed up my computer incl. Outlook with MS Backup for Win98 to a file on an external computer. The file is corrupt and I cannot get back my data. Looking with a HEX editor at the corrupt file is giving me hope that that part of data still is available. To recover it I would need either 1. A utility to repair a broken MSbackup file (*.qic) or 2. the structure of the file format for MSbackup or 3. the structure of the file format of Outlook. Can abyone help PLEASE? - Wilfried Your data should be in a .PST file...if it's at 2GB or close to it you may need to use a crop tool to get b...

Excel CSV file format issue...
Scenario: You have two columns in Excel. ColumnA contains 20 or so items, and ColumnB only contains 1 item. If you save it as a CSV file and view it in NOTEPAD or some other text editor, the commas will stop being applied after the 16th row: ColumnA,ColumnB 123455,0 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455, 123455 123455 123455 123455 123455 123455 Which makes it useless really if you are using another program that reads comma-delimited files. Is this a Bug? Any ideas? Just confirmed it on Excel 2002 / Win2k Sure *...

text label on scale
I have a combination area/ column chart. I would like to have part of my scale in text form - part numeric. Is there a way to do this? I've looked at appspro.com and no luck so far and the XY labeler doesn't offer the option. I could be missing the obvious though... Hi, Have a look at Jon Peltier's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html Cheers Andy Maureen D. wrote: > I have a combination area/ column chart. I would like to have part of my > scale in text form - part numeric. Is there a way to do this? I've looked > at appspro.c...

Inserting text along the side margin of the page
How can I insert text along a side edge of a document [as if it were written in a landscape view while the rest of the document remains in a portaint view] ? I love making an odd piece or two in a Word doc...! Thanks, all! Insert a text box or a one-cell table. Right-click the empty paragraph mark inside it and choose Text Direction to turn it 90 degrees. You can turn off the borders if you don't want them. For text that isn't turned 90 degrees, a frame is better -- see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word ...

How do I access the Microsoft Word Recover Text Converter?
How do I access the Microsoft Word Recover Text Converter? I have some corrupted word files which have taken plenty of time to produce and need to repair them. I have already installed Recover Text Converter. http://www.word-recovery.info/install-converter.html -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Captain Raymond" <Captain Raymond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC46474F-F0AF-41B0-B16B-2D1538C3941F@microsoft.com... > How do I access the Microsoft Word Recover Text C...

Chart colors change when opening 2003 in 2007
I have powerpoint 2007. I just recieved a a prensentation in 2003 from a client that I need to edit. When I open a chart object to change data, the colors in the chart change. I've tried "saving as" a 2003 and that doesn't help. Any ideas on how to retain orginal colors? Thanks. Hm. I responded to this on the .answers forum a little while ago. Didn't notice it here then. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00872.htm should help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoi...

I am trying to change the text size of the folder list in Outlook
not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so tiny. "Bayoubelle" <Bayoubelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D431653F-FA94-4AD2-9668-380846EE6CB2@microsoft.com... > not the preview pane, the actual folder list in the Inbox Window. It's so > tiny. Always state your Outlook version. Click View>Arrange By>Current View>Customize Current View>Other Settings. Change the Column Font and Row Font settings to suit. If you're using Outlook 2007, then it's View>Current View>... I...

Outlook XP 2002
It seems like a very common problem, but I haven't seen a definitive fix for the dilemma of being unable to print JPGs in HTML-formatted e-mail messages. I'm running Outlook XP (actually all of Office XP) with Service Pack 3 and subsequent updates. I'm also running Windows 2000 / IE 6 with all available critical updates installed. I can see JPGs embedded in messages just fine on the screen, bur when I print I have a box with a red X. Surely there's a fix for this (other than revert to IE prior to version 5.5). Any help is very much appreciated. Robert Parks Robert, I am...

Retaining Formatting in 'joined' cells
In order to build a chart from my pivot tables that shows both a dollar value, and a number of entries, I've downloaded XY Chart Labels so that I can use an unrelated cell as the label source. In that new cell, I have used the following command to generate my label: ="$"&ROUND(VALUE(D28),0) & "/" & VALUE(D27) where D28 is the $ value, and D27 is the number of entries. My problem is that the $ value doesn't include the comma in values exceeding 1000. The source cells show the formatting as I want it to appear on the chart. How c...

Wrap text in cell
It seems that wrap text and autofit row width and row height have a limit. Any idea where to change this limit? I have quite a large text in a cell and when I do wrap text and autofit, then parts of the text get cut of. The text is still there, but it is not shown in the cell and it is cut off when printing. You can enter 32767 characters in a cell. In Excel 2003 and earlier, only 1024 of these will be visible or printed. I believe Excel 2007 will show 8192 characters. If you add an Alt + Enter linefeed every 100 or so characters you can increase this 1024 limit. ...

Value Cannot be Null. Parameter name: format
Hello! I'm using MS CRM 1.2 and this error appears when I try to access the calendar in the Work Place after creating a new e-mail activity. Any ideas? Thank you! ...

Why doesn't Wordart show all the fonts that are available for text
I reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Publisher. Now when I open my old files the Lucinda handwriting font is no longer available in all my publications with Word Art. The font still appears and is usable in a text box. I think that several other fonts are missing from the Wordart list too. Help! What version Publisher? Did you try a detect and repair? I don't know why some fonts would be missing from the WordArt list, I know I have quite a few missing. It maybe because WordArt uses a smaller font folder. Do you use a font manager? Fonts must be installed to be used as Wo...

Ability to invert the colors of a document printed onto OneNote
Hi, Can we invert the colors (from white background black font to black background white font) of a document printed onto OneNote? There is a similar function in Acrobat Pro (Edit->Preferences->Accessibility->change Custom Color). However, I don't really use Acrobat Pro as its annotating functionalities are really poor as compared to OneNote. More often than not, I print pages and pages of readings onto OneNote and annotate them. However, hours of reading on a LCD monitor tire my eyes easily. Currently, I set my screen to the lowest brightness level and even ...

calculating by color
Is there a way to calculate various total depending on the color of the data entered scenario: row of mixed numerical data. there is no pattern for the data. at the end of the row there are four cells that need totals to be placed in them from the cells in the row with certain colors. take for example a time sheet for a job...one color for sick days, another for vacation, holidays, etc...is it possible? Tamesh, See my reply a couple of days ago at http://tinyurl.com/379lx -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email ad...