Text boxes when mouse goes over the cell.

In a document i have recieved from a client, in excell, when i put my mouse
over certain color coded cells, text boxes come out with lengthy
descriptions. This sems highly usefull, and i would like to know how to do
this. Anyone know? It seems all cells with a colored corner have these
descriptions.
0
Karl1 (54)

Select the cell of interest, then:
<Insert> <Comment>
--

HTH,

RD

"Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
In a document i have recieved from a client, in excell, when i put my mouse
over certain color coded cells, text boxes come out with lengthy
descriptions. This sems highly usefull, and i would like to know how to do
this. Anyone know? It seems all cells with a colored corner have these
descriptions.

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Macro or Function to make text size to suite text Length?
I would like to find Macro or Function that will make text size to suite text Length? eg. if the first cell has "bill smith" then the text size would be 10. But if you had "Christina Vandermear" then the text size would be as small as 7 in order to fit in that same size cell. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but is there a way to do that? thanks Hi only possible with VBA. You may download the following addin for this extension of the conditional format (as Excel's build in format can't change the font size): http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CF...

sorting text & numbers
I have a large list that I want sorted like this: Ward 1 Ward 2 & 3 Ward 4 Ward 5 Wards 6-8 Ward 9 Ward 10 When I sort it, it says: Ward 1 Ward 10 Ward 2 & 3 Ward 4 Ward 5 Wards 6-8 Ward 9 If I just take out the words Ward and Wards, it makes some of the numbers into dates, and does something else to some other cells that returns a big number. Anything I can do? -- billjr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ billjr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25927 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sh...

Cell comments
I have added cell comments to my worksheet, but they have always bee static, meaning if you put your cursor on that cell it always display the same text. Is there a way to create some sort of comment tha would change depending on the information in the cell? When the curso passes over the cell, the code would go pull in data from a MS Acces table using the value in that cell as criteria -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Access text box
I was trying to add text boxes to my database in form design view, which worked fine up until the moment when i was back in form or table view. For some reason when I add detail in one of the cells of the new column it was automatically copied to every other cell in that new column. This has only been happening with the new columns and the ones I created using the wizard when starting the database seem to be working fine. What can I do about this? On 25 mrt, 12:19, FernP <Fe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was trying to add text boxes to my database in form desig...

Preventing writing in a combo box field
Ok this is my problem: I've a combo box with several employee names. Of course that when the employee is chosing it's name it writes the first letter so that the combo box filters the names to the closest one. Access then higlightes the employee name execpt the letter he wrote. Employee then hits enter and Access displays its full name, has in the combo box options, neverthless I have a hidden form that copies employee name to feed other forms. The problem is that if employee chooses is name has discribed, Access will only select all the other letters of his name execpt the one ...

eliminating blank cells
I have two sheets in a workbook. Say sheet January and Summary. Sheet January looks like this DATE SN Amount TAX OVD CBS 12.01.2007 483 3464 1559 701 1184 13.01.2007 484 3907 1758 791 -627 14.01.2007 485 241 108 49 -75 17.01.2007 9/A12 1623 730 329 104 19.01.2007 11/A2 329 839 292 88 Now I want to gather these information in sheet "Summary" eliminating the blank rows, so Summary looks like this: DATE SN Amount TAX OVD CBS 12.01.2007 483 3464 1559 701 1184 13.01.2007 484 3907 1758 791 -627 14.01.2007 485 241 108 49 -75 17.01.2007 9/A12 1623 730 329 10...

RUS does not allow mail boxes to be opened
When creating new user/mail box in AD on our Exchange 2000 server, the RUS generates a smtp address, but when user logs on Outlook reports 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders, you do not have permission to logon'. We have checked ADSI and the setting 'msExchUsserAccountControl' has a value of 'not set'. If you change this to '0', then the mailbox can be opened. Why is RUS not setting this value? We have tried creating new RUS and recepient policy and this does not make any difference. The user has permission to open his own mailbox. We have tried ...

Copying text value based on long (comlex) calculation
I am not sure how to even search for what I want to do, so please forgive me if my first post has been discussed and resolved ad naseum in the past... Here is my situation: - I have a workbook that contains multiple sheets. - Each sheet contains auto parts from different suppliers, sorted by part number. - Some suppliers have parts that overlap with each other and the various sheets are updated as pricing and availabilty of parts change. - I am using a combination of the VLOOKUP and MIN functions to determine which supplier has lowest cost based on a comparison of part numbers and price ac...

I want a formula to ignore text values in cell references
If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers in cells. How do i do this? Presently the formula displays #VALUE! where there is text in one or more of the cells referenced. Use ISNUMBER(): In place of A1 use =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"") -- Gary''s Student "Russellrupert" wrote: > If text is input into some cells referenced by a formula I want the formula > to ignore whatever text it finds and just calculate the result of the numbers > in cells...

How I can print full text bigger than column, in repeat column
When I print statements with repeat columns in excell which have text bigger than repeat columns, complete text is printed on all sheets except first sheet. How I can overcome this problem? I want to print complete text in repeat columns, which is expanded to other columns which are blank. ...

in Excel: How do I change "selected cells" highlight color?
When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely tell which cells are selected from those that are not. Can I change the background color of cells that are selected? Thanks. Assuming Excel 2007 this is a known problem and as yet no patch for it. I don't have Excel 2007 but I have read that playing with your Contrast can help some. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 12:51:00 -0700, flameretired <flameretired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I select cells in Excel the shading is so light (blue) that I can barely >tell whic...

How to make A1 the active cell in all visible worksheets ?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ......so that when i activate the sheet A1 is the cell in the upper left = corner of my screen. Thanx ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01CA8164.76257740 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3D"text/html; ...

Conditional Formatting dependent on whether cell is populated.
I want to conditionally format cell G2 dependent upon whether there is a value in cell C2 AND G2 Therefore, if cell C2 has a value in it and cell G2 doesn't then cell G2 color = Amber if cell C2 has a value in it and cell G2 has a value then cell G2 color = Green Any helpful hints or useful suggestions? Thanks Tel Conditional Format of G2, condition 1: =AND(COUNTA(C2)=1,ISBLANK(G2)) format Amber condition 2: =COUNTA(C2,G2)=2 format Green -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "Tel" wrote: &...

connecting cells with connector lines
Hello! Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? Thanks Michael On Feb 25, 7:00=A0am, Michaelprem123 <michaelprem...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello! > > Is it possible in Excel (2007) to draw a connector line (with or > without an arrow ...) between two cells in a worksheet, so that the > line-tips will follow their cells even when the latter are moved ? > > Thanks > > Michael The line will automatically a...

covering part of a text box border
I want to have a large text box with a border...I then want to place a smaller text box within the larger one (with its own border). However, some of the border of the large text box is vissible within the small text box. Is there a way to set the small text box on top of the larger one and partially cover the large text box border? I can not find an answer to this problem after many searches. set the smaller box on a higher layer and set a fill color on the = smaller box. "Willie Birdie" <Willie Birdie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:95B71C45-E4BD-...

Summing items in a cell
How do you SUM items in a cell. I have a parts list with reference designators like U3-U6. I want the sum of the range of items, in this case it's 4, but can't figure out how to do this. Any help will be appreciated -- dpmoore ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dpmoore's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24920 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384566 More info and then a formula using find can be used or a udf (macro for custom formula) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Soft...

2 different fonts in the same cell?
Hello! If I want (Times New Roman) "This is a red Wingdings 3 triangle ([change font] Wingdings 3: 123 [back to Times New Roman]").", I can do that in a cell. But if I refer to that cell (=A1) in B1, the Wingdings font doesn't come over and it winds up all TImes New Roman and looks like "This a red Wingdings 3 triangle ({)." How can I "=A1" for a cell that has two fonts in it and have the two fonts show up?? Thanks! VR/ Lost You can't have that in a FORMULA. You would have to change it to text first. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sales...

EXCEL Cell Formatting: Custom or Conditional
At work I have Excel 2002 and I have some cells that I import data in from the mainframe. I have a table where there is a column for GENDER (MALE or FEMALE) that I would like to see shown as "Male" or "Female" (mixed case). Is there a way to change all upper case to mixed case using either CUSTOM formatting or CONDITIONAL formatting? I would prefer not using a macro if there is something simpler. I know that =PROPER() produces the correct result, but I don't see how I can use this unless I'm referencing another cell. I would like to be able to just change what fa...

How to tell Excel to insert cells and shift down from Access
Hi all, I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift cells down from Access, with this line of code: oWksh.Cells.Insert Shift:=xlDown But Access does not like that line. It gave me run-time error 1004. I know if has to do with the part Shift:=xlDown Can you suggestion what I can do? Thank you in advance, Ben "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:eSZuzcDpKHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have Access 2003. I am trying to tell Excel to insert cells and shift > cells down from Access,...

Text Wrap in Excel 2002
I have been having difficultly wrapping text. I merge several cells and wrap text sucessfully. However, if I go into one of the cells and add a couple of sentences and enter, my text that was wrapped perfectly is simply a string of #########'s and I can't view the text correctly by changing the row height or reformatting (even though it is all still there - as I can see in the edit box - when my cursor is on the text box). Any suggestions? Try formatting the cell as General. bdean wrote: > > I have been having difficultly wrapping text. I merge > several cells an...

Show linked cell alone somwhere on the desktop
I have DDE linked data in excell. After the all calculations I have result which is one cell. I need to see this "live" cell somwhere on the screen all the time (Excell can be open in background) and I want to see this number only or as less frame as possible - what is my options? Simply when I'm working with other software there is no way to squeeze in all Excell even if I have multiple monitors (: Thks. It's still me - Simplifying my question. Is there any way to bring Excel spreadsheet out of main Excel frame - in Office 2007? "GPS" wrote: > I have D...

Mouse pointer becomes hyperlink when sheet protected
I'm bringing this forward from an earlier post because I really need an answer. Thanks Excel Community! A user of mine has a multiple sheet workbook. When he protects two of the sheets, the mouse pointer changes from the 'puffy white cross' (selection mouse) to the 'pointing hand' (hyperlink mouse). On all the other sheets when he protects, the mouse stays a selection mouse. I've done some trouble shooting - here's what I know to be true: There are three simple macros on the sheet, but all the sheets have similar macros. These macros jump between sheets in ...

My Edit boxes are flickering when CView object is redrawing itself.
I am working on an MDI application.My Custom CEdit boxes are moving with MouseMove on client area of CView derived class. I set CMDIFrameWnd derived class(CMainWindow ) as parent to my Custom CEdit boxes which is a need. In certain conditions (due to some other drawing) CView is redrawing itself while Edit boxes are moving on MouseMove . When my Edit boxes are in the same rect which CView is redrawing then they are flickering. I think view is drawing itself on top of those Cedit boxes. But when I set CView as parent Edit boxes are not flickerig its working fine. But due to some other requireme...

Copying Multiple Cells to One Cells
Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one cell. Can this be done =B2&C2&D2&E2 Will concatenate the value contained in the individual cells B2,C2,D2 and E2. You can also use concatenate(B2,C2,D2,E2) unlikeKansas "Chas" wrote: > Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary. Eg I > have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet > and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one > cell. Can this be done &g...

Excel keeps crashing when I try to format any cells?
Every time I try to format a cell in excel the program crashes on me. I've run a virus check and I can't find any viruses. I seem to have enough space on my computer. What could be the problem?? Does this occur only on one file, or any? If only on one, does it occur with that file if it is run on another machine? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "AFlatt" wrote: > Every time I try to format a cell in excel the program crashes on me. I've > run a virus check and I can't find any viruses. I seem to have enough space > on my computer. What could be ...