Text Box Linked To Cell

My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular
cell.  How do I link the text box to the cell?

Thanks,
Denise
0
Denise1 (113)

Hi denise,

Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar.
Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and
then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 )
The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE:
=Sheet2!C5 )

Dave

--
Piranha
Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20435

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Public Folder link to Excel File

Single click selects multiple cells

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

Need HELP! for Linking data

parameter for text

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Sizing drop down validation box
I have a form with lots of drop down validation boxes, many of them are Yes,No,N/A or Pass,Fail,N/A so one a narrow box is required but all the drop downs are about three inches wide. Once I accidentally go them to the right size and saved the file, closed it, then re-opened and the drop downs were really wide again. Does anyone know have to set the width, I always thought they were the same width as the cell they pop from but not the case. Wayman Those extra wide dropdown lists appear occasionally, usually if cells on the worksheet have been merged (not necessarily the cell with t...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Format List Box!