text box #7

I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I get
the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
Thank you
0
Marlis (36)

We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the
sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox
menu. Are there any macros you are using.

Mangesh

"Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I
get
> the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
> Thank you

I used the control toolbox to create the textbox in Excel. No macros.
Thanks

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

> We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the
> sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox
> menu. Are there any macros you are using.
>
> Mangesh
>

> "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I
> get
> > the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
> > Thank you

0
Marlis (36)
8/18/2005 4:13:01 AM
It could also be that you are trying to enter text from the formula line.
This make the data in the text box as a formula.  Very cool for dynamic text
boxes...not good if you want static data.  You should be entering information
in the text box itself.

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

> We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the
> sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox
> menu. Are there any macros you are using.
>
> Mangesh
>

> "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit enter, I
> get
> > the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
> > Thank you

0
Paul297 (622)
8/18/2005 4:14:04 AM
just a wild guess. Please go to the VBE and check Tools > References. Check
if there are any missing links. If yes, uncheck the ones which have missing.

Do you get the same behaviour for any other control.

> I used the control toolbox to create the textbox in Excel. No macros.
> Thanks
>
> "Mangesh Yadav" wrote:
>
> > We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the
> > sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox
> > menu. Are there any macros you are using.
> >
> > Mangesh
> >

> > "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have created a text box, but when I type in something, and hit
enter, I
> > get
> > > the error message "REFERENCE NOT VALID". Please help.
> > > Thank you

This probably sounds like a dumb question, but should all of them be checked?
 Only the first five are.

It only does it with the text box.
Thanks

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

> just a wild guess. Please go to the VBE and check Tools > References. Check
> if there are any missing links. If yes, uncheck the ones which have missing.
>
> Do you get the same behaviour for any other control.
>

> Mangesh
>

> "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I used the control toolbox to create the textbox in Excel. No macros.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Mangesh Yadav" wrote:
> >
> > > We require some more details. Where have you created the textbox, in the
> > > sheet or a userform. Are you using the control from the Control Toolbox
> > > menu. Are there any macros you are using.
> > >
> > > Mangesh
> > >

> > > "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> enter, I
> > > get

0
Marlis (36)
8/18/2005 9:01:01 AM
Hi,

No, not all should be checked. My only question was: If any of the current
checked ones have a MISSING tag along, if so uncheck the box, otherwise let
it be.

> This probably sounds like a dumb question, but should all of them be
checked?
>  Only the first five are.
>
> It only does it with the text box.
> Thanks
>
> "Mangesh Yadav" wrote:
>
> > just a wild guess. Please go to the VBE and check Tools > References.
Check
> > if there are any missing links. If yes, uncheck the ones which have
missing.

> > Do you get the same behaviour for any other control.
> >

> > Mangesh
> >

> > "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I used the control toolbox to create the textbox in Excel. No macros.
> > > Thanks

Toolbox

> > enter, I

No missing tag.

"Mangesh Yadav" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> No, not all should be checked. My only question was: If any of the current
> checked ones have a MISSING tag along, if so uncheck the box, otherwise let
> it be.
>
> Mangesh
>

> "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This probably sounds like a dumb question, but should all of them be
> checked?
> >  Only the first five are.
> >
> > It only does it with the text box.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Mangesh Yadav" wrote:
> >
> > > just a wild guess. Please go to the VBE and check Tools > References.
> Check
> > > if there are any missing links. If yes, uncheck the ones which have
> missing.
> > >
> > > Do you get the same behaviour for any other control.
> > >

> > > Mangesh
> > >

> > > "Marlis" <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> the
> Toolbox

> > > enter, I

0
Marlis (36)
8/18/2005 6:47:58 PM
What else do you have in your spreadsheet. Do you get the same behaviour in
a new file if you repeat the same steps. Do you have a pivot table in the
file which gives you the error.