Text and Formula in the Same Cell

Good Morning, Everyone -

Here's what I'm trying to do:  I have a cell that has text - "Vendo
Name" - and I also want that cell to contain a formula (counta).  I
this possible?

Thankx,

theboatdud
theboatdude's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1024
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27525

Here's an example:

="Vendor Name: "&COUNTA(B:B)

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

text - "Vendor
>Name" - and I also want that cell to contain a formula
(counta).  Is

---------------
>theboatdude's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=10248
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
Jason

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Rename Cell
How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? You can't. The closest you will get is to hide column headings, via Excel Option, and then create your own. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "shoe" <shoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBA970DF-D928-41EE-9565-4639E7D49BCE@microsoft.com... > How can I rename column A to read "bills" instead of the letter A? you cant change the headers or row labels but you can define you data as a list (or table) and the headings can then be used to refer...

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Create static text from cell reference

Cell Format #4

Trouble doing a formula for excel
Hi All I have a spreadsheet with the following A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so I have try mid,right,left i can't seem to do it Cheers "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53AAB904-8595-499F-BF38-8BE00826101C@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > I have a spreadsheet with the following > A1: z:\data/pc32/tsheets\unsorder00039.csv > > I would like to add 1 too the number to make unsorder00040.csv and so > I have try mid,right,left i can't see...

Getting contents of adjacent cells

Extract text from field
If you have a filed that contatins the following data:LastName, FirstNameWhere LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?Many, many thanks in advance. On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:09:45 -0500, "Mary M" <none@no_email.com> wrote:>If you have a filed that contatins the following data:>>LastName, FirstName>>Where LastName has varing lengths. Can you run an update query to obtain >just the LastName part of the field? If so, what would be the command?>>Many, many thanks in...

Text Very Small When Replying
I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an email but how does one set the default size? No matter what I ser the font size to when replying it always reverts back to the smallest size when I do another reply. Look, I'm 54! I can't read that small text! James Are you using stationery? Also, Alt + T, Options, Compose,....... -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunne0r.com> wrote in message news:OGt2E1OhKHA.1460@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I'm able to change the text size when I'm replying to an emai...

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

cell selection gone crazy on Excel 2003

Excel formula #24
What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of 0 0 #DIV/0! Try =if(iserror(formula),0,formula) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8392DE7F-0B65-4DEE-87F4-985133BB1976@microsoft.com... > What is the formula that brings back a zero for an empty cell instead of > 0 0 #DIV/0! > ...

Average of logic cells
I used a logic test to determine some levels from raw scores. For EG >120 =5, 119-110 = 4, etc. I now want to dtermine an average score of several of the the results from the logic tests but it doesnt seem to work. (AVG does not recognise cells with logic tests) Can anyone help, please? -- ckdkvk ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ckdkvk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29245 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=489704 hi, ckdkvk ! > I used a logic test to determine so...

Cell References..
I have a 12 month rolling report with a seperate worksheet within th workbook which refers to the column containing current month's Numbers When I "Cut" Column C (which contains the oldest Month) and "insert column C between N & O it shifts my cells left and all I need to do i input all of the current Month Data into Column N. The formulas al remain intact and everything is peachy. Until I goto the Workshee that refers to the Current Month on the 12 month rolling report. My problem is that when I shift the columns on the "Report" workshee it chages the cell...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

A student figuring a formula for wages
Hello, I am beginner student trying to figure out a formula that calculates how to pay people for the number of hours they work, and at the same time figure out any overtime they may have. The wage is in cell B4, and the # of hours is in cell C4. Overtime is figured at 1.5 of the wage in B4. I must put the end result in F4. The instructor rushed through his presentation, and said to use the "if function". The assignment is due on tuesday and any help with this is greatly appreciated. -Thanks in advance ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted fro...

greyed out auto text
Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are greyed out???? Any ideas?? ...

I Need an answer for this Formula
I am using excell 2007 & this formula works {=IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} When i upload this workbook to a 2003 version this formula does not work I get {=_xinfl.IFERROR(AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5))),0)} or somthing close to this Then in the cell with this formula has a NAME error WHY & HOW could i fix The IFERROR function can only be used in Excel 2007. Try this array formula** : =LOOKUP(1E100,CHOOSE({1,2},0,AVERAGE(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G5:HC5)-COLUMN(G5),4)=0,IF(G5:HC5>0,G5:HC5)))...