tenths of a second ... #2

How (if possible) can I handle time values down to tenths
of a second in Excel2000? For example, how can I get the
value of "11:00:00,00" ?

0
anonymous (74722)

Format/Cells/Number/Custom

    hh:mm:ss,00

In article <291301c49b19$75ff2680$a301280a@phx.gbl>,
 "mcano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How (if possible) can I handle time values down to tenths
> of a second in Excel2000? For example, how can I get the
> value of "11:00:00,00" ?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Mailbox Move #2
Ok. Got a 2003 Exchange cluster up and running. Quick question on mailbox moves. When I move a mailbox it says it is completed but I am unable to open the mailbox for several minutes. Outlook keeps trying to connect to the server that the mailbox was on and if I change it to the new server it will revert back to what it was. Does active directory replication have to take place after I move a mailbox? After you move mailbox, it takes few minutes for replication to take place in AD. Until then it will still think that the mailbox exists on the 5.5 end. Also u don't have to point...

how 2 generate xml file
Pls help me out I am trying to generate xml file via XmlDocument class. I ceated a XmlDocument instance, how can I convert it to a physical xml file(e.g. test.xml)? following is the code: //add root XmlElement rootNode = xmlDoc.CreateElement("root"); rootNode.SetAttribute("root", root); xmlDoc.AppendChild(rootNode); // Add node1 XmlElement sitNode = xmlDoc.CreateElement("node1"); node1.SetAttribute("node1", "node1"); xmlDoc.DocumentElement.AppendChild(node1); Seems it will need some I/O related API. But I cannot find...

how do I create 2 histograms
How do I create 2 histograms in excel Jon Peltier has instructions for creating histograms: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html Nina wrote: > How do I create 2 histograms in excel -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Pivot Table questions #2
I have several questions about a pivot table I am constructing. 1. Is there a way to have a column reference a cell with data instead of using the drop downs? example - first column in table is part number, instead of using the drop down to search for parts is it possible to reference cell A1 where a part number would be typed by the user. 2. Is there a way to lock a table so the columns can not be added or removed? 3. I do not have anything in the data items or column fields sections, is there a way to remove these sections? Thanks ...

Problem with large (@1-2 MB) emails
Having problems receiving large email files, such as 2 MB photo attachments. File downloads into Windows Live Mail, and I can view it, but server Fuse.net doesn't recognize task as complete. Therefore, Fuse.net resends the message to me every time my computer checks for new messages. This causes computer slowdown and a bottleneck and I receive many different messages many times. Can have 300 messages (really only 25) in a 12 hour span. Here is the message I receive: Unable to send or receive messages for the spier@fuse.net account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated t...

Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager #2
Started getting a message when I clicked on a contact under the Business Contact Manager. "The custom form could not be openned. ...." After clicking ok, a box appeared that said "array index - out of bounds" After checking several kb articles I ran the DB manager and a repair. Now the BCM is gone from the tool bar and the folder list. I uninstalled the BCM and reinstalled it, it is still not back. I then went to help and disabled items, it is not there. I went to manage forms and the business contact, business apt, etc are listed under personal and when I ...

Excel and Powerpoint with OS 10.2.8
I have Office v.X Student edition, with all of the most recent updates from MacTopia. I've noticed recently (after having downloaded OS 10.2.8) that when I open up either Excel or Powerpoint, it passes the Splash image and closes just before it gets to the Project Gallery Menu (It says the standard: Application quit. No other applications were affected). However when I open Word everything works perfectly. Sometimes (but only sometimes), when I open Word and then try and open a blank PP slide or Excel spreadsheet from the Project Gallery Menu, both Excel and Powerpoint are able to open....

can not open Outlook #2
For some strange reason, I get an error message "an error has occured with Microsoft Outlook, and has to close", everytime I open outlook. It just started to happen out of blue, as it was working fine earlier. I was wondering if there is anyway to trouble shoot besides wipe out outlook and reinstall it. Thanks Wiping out and reinstalling does nothing 99% of the time. Try running Detect and Repair first. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

Conditional Sum #2
=SUM(IF($V$3:$V$72=F$5,IF($W$3:$W$72=$C24,$X$3:$X$72,0),0)) I am trying to get a list of data into table format. if the data in any of the 'V' column agrees to the label at the top and if the data in any of the 'W' column agrees to the label at the side, then add up the relevant cells to put it in the table. I would like to do this with a formula as the data is likely to change on a monthly basis and I will only need to update the list. I have put together the above formula but it comes back to '0'. Can anybody shed any light, it would be very much appreciated. Th...

Custom POS Buttons #2
Hello: I need Tutorial for Custom POS Buttons: Style: External Program External Program(Wait) Internal Command COM Object(no parameter) COM Object(Digital Receipt... COM Object(Session Object) Thanks, Wilfredo This probably won't help much, but here goes... External Program & External Program (wait): no idea. According to the help file, you can either launch an external program while RMS continues normally or launch an external program and force RMS to wait until the external program has finished. Nothing personal, but if you need help figuring out Cus...

concatenate more column value #2
Hi All Any function can be simply below function , No VBA? Next time, I will try add 26 column value. =IF(TRIM(H2)&TRIM(I2)&TRIM(J2)&TRIM(K2)&TRIM(L2)&TRIM(M2)&TRIM(N2)&TRIM (P2)&TRIM(Q2)&TRIM(R2)&TRIM(S2)&TRIM(T2)<> "", "Y","N") moonhkt Looks like you want to return "Y" if there is a value in any of your cells range and return "N" if only blank values in all cells... if it is what you need try this =IF(COUNTBLANK(H2:T2)<>13,"Y","N") '13 number of cells. ...

Compare text in 2 different files
I am using Excel 2003 and have two files containing mailing information. I need to check and see which companies are on both lists. I can't use a VLOOKUP formula because some of the company names are slightly different. e.g. One may have a LLC or Inc. at the end and the other doesn't. Is there a formula I can use to compare the first 4 or 5 letters in the company name between the two files? Thanks! Paige Assume you're 2 lists are in A1:A10 and B1:B10 (change to fit your data). Also change the 4 in the LEFT() function to be the number of characters you want to com...

import/export #2
I am trying to figure out a way to import/export transaction data. Using Tools>>Find&Replace, Generate report is quite useful since it can export to CSV file all accounts at once (as opposed to overwhelming amount of clicks with the *.qif option). Is there a robust way to import data back from CSV or excel file that has transactions for several (i.e. many) accounts? I see MoneyLink lists something similar. Has anybody had good experience with it when importing/exporting multiple accounts? Thanks, Igor In microsoft.public.money, Igor Okulist wrote: >I am trying to figure o...

User Administration #2
I am working on an audit of Great Plains and I have a question regarding users with the ability to add/remove/changes users in Great Plains (Dynamics) 9.0. What privilege(s) must a user be assigned to give them the ability to perform user administration? I see that several users are assigned 'USER SETUP' but then when they go to create a user, it prompts them for a password. Thanks for the help. Tony Yes, that is how it works for us. The user has to have access to the user setup, but then it does have a separate "system password" to be able to enter that area. It is ju...

name ranges #2
Hi, Sheet2 has the formula: =VLOOKUP($B$3,Sheet1!$B$2:$D$15,2,FALSE) in cell c8 How can I use a range name (names-1 for example) that refers to: Sheet1 range B2:B15 in a way that i have a small arrow beside cell B3 that show all the names in the range (names-1)? Please give us more detail, this question is not clear. What does VLOOKUP have to do with the range names and what do you mean by the names in the range names-1. And what do you mean by a small arrow which shows the names? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Khalil Handal"...

lost data....lost person! #2
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

Contacts from Outlook in to CRM 1.2
What is the best way to import many many contacts?? (over 2000). I am reading thru as much of this newsgroup as possible and I am not seeing a way to import contacst from a outlook or exmerge pst file. How is this done? IF this was previously answered in this newsgroup please steer me to the correct article if you may. Thanks so much in advance, New 2 CRM Seth Seth; I see from another post that you are trying the Outlook import. If that doesn't work out for you, you can check out the Data Migration Framework, which is Microsoft's tool for importing/migrating data. Dave &q...

money 95 to money 2004 #2
I have Money 95 installed on my XP laptop. I want to upgrade to Money 2004. Will it upgrade from Money 95 and will all my file remain intack? Provided M2004 is from the same region as M95 - yes. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "mike v" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07d901c3d14e$f5f00cf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have Money 95 installed on my XP laptop. I want to > upgrade to Money 2004. Will it upgra...

Can't keep focus on second row of subform
Hi all. Hope you can help me with this question. I have a form with two subforms on. The main subform is in datasheet view (named KTable), while the second subform is in continiuos form view (named KNotes). In the parent form, I have a text box named ID. The text box has the following source: =[KTable].controls("ID") The KNotes subform is linked to this ID text box. This construction will display the related rows of KNotes when I select a new row of KTable. So far everything is OK. The problem is when I want to change some of the values in KNotes. If KTable.form.orderby is ...

Second UI thread not working properly if started from the main UI thread
Hi, My proj need to do some busy work and displays a progress bar. I designed the progress bar to run in a second UI thread. When the busy work is in progress, it will send message to the progress bar in the second UI thread to update the progress bar's location. The problem is, when the busy work is done in the working thread (case 1), the progress bar is working properly. However, when the busy work is done in the main UI thread without creating a work thread, the progress bar is not working correctly---the progress won't show up until the main UI thread finishes the loop ...

Change "1,2,3..." to "one,two,three..."
How can I change "1,2,3..." to "one,two,three..." in Excel? Using Format or does excel got this function build in? Thank you! No built-in. At http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html there are some examples of converting numbers to words, but they tend to be for monetary amounts, so you will probably need to call it a number of times and concatenate the results. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "q0_0p" <q0_0p@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36C5C77E-D908-424E-B74C-E3FBB9A403E6@microsoft.co...

Default file locations #2
How do you change the default location when you create a new message then insert a file? I am always directed to my documents. thanks John See the following. http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you change the default location when you create a >new message then insert a file? I am always directed to >my documents. > >thanks > >John >. > ...

Pictures #2
I am developing a web page and was wondering how I would make a picture full size when I would click on it. Thanks Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am developing a web page and was wondering how I would make a > picture full size when I would click on it. Create a link to the image file on the server. This will probably have to be uploaded separately, as Publisher will most likely save a different version of the image for use on the page. For webdesign questions, go to microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Micr...

Graphing #2
Is it possible to plot functions (EG trig) AS TRENDLINES or otherwise? Hi, You would have to plot as normal series. You could either create the values yourself using worksheet formula or try either of these 2 approaches. Stephen Bullen's ChtFrmla, http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Tushar Mehta's Plot Manager Addin http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/plot_manager/index.html Cheers Andy ace wrote: > Is it possible to plot functions (EG trig) AS TRENDLINES or otherwise? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

auto response #2
would like to be able to provide auto response to emails i recieve. is there a free add on piece of software also how about automatically attaching a file from a unc path and sending to recipient possible ? and vice versa for automatically saving a file to unc share thanks ...