Templates to control a group of worksheets

Hi everyone.
I am trying to develop a small home project but as it
develops, I keep wanting to make changes to it, and then
have to go through and change each of the worksheets.
What is the best way of establishing some kind of
template so that I can make alterations to the 'master'
copy which will be reflected in the other worksheets, but
not lose any data in these. This problem has been
bothering me for ages. Big respect to anyone who can help
me fix it!

R K
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi,

It depends on what sort of changes you are making.

If you are changing the formatting or layout of your sheets and they
all look the same (ie rows and columns in the same place) then you can
select all the sheets and changes you make will be effected on all
sheets.

Select Sheets 1, 2, 3.  Select Col A, make it Bold and you will have
made Col A bold in each sheet.  It works for inserting/deleting
rows/columns etc. as well.

Hope this helps.

Where can I get a free Inventory control spreadsheet
I am looking for a Inventory/Stock control excel template, but I don' want to pay for it!!!!!! Can anyone suggest a sit -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can search in Google, using keywords like Excel and Inventory. Or look at the templates on the Microsoft web site: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx Pritch14 < wrote: > I am looking for a Inventory/Stock control excel template, but I don't > want to pay for it!!!!!! > > Can anyone suggest a site -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/...

publisher templates #3
I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat half fold cards in Publisher. After reading the suggestions via further postings, I wish Microsoft would explain why they chose to remove the 3rd option for a half fold card from its' more recent edition. It was SO much easier and handier to click the 3rd option of page setup to create a half fold card. I have the Avery textured half-fold cards and I used them with the earlier verson of Publisher. When it ain't broke; don't fix it! Sonya645 wrote: >I have read the posting from Liz asking for a way to creat &...

Where free 2 sigma statistical process control chart, free?
where can I download a free statistical process control chart template? ...

id like to know where i can find a template for repay of a loan

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

Worksheet Filtering by UserName
I have an excel workbook with 60 tabs (worksheets) that contain user production data and I need a way that when someone opens up the workbook they only see the (worksheet) tab with their information only and not the entire workbook. Is there a way to do this in excel? Thank you! Probably the best way to do this is to create a sheet and name it something like 'Passwords' and put a command button in that sheet and point it to this code: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim i_pwd As String i_pwd = InputBox("Please Enter Password to Unhide Sheet", &qu...

Controlling Gap Width for BAR Chart
Hi, I have the following data for example. A = 2 B= 3 C = 4 I can create a 2 D Bar chart from this quite easily. Now If I make the data to A = 2 , 3 B= 3 , 4 C = 4 , 5 I do want to plot the data on the basis of first two values as mentioned in the first example, but I want to control the width of the Bar from the value given after comma. Please help. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Fazi <farazahmedtoor@gmail.com> said: >I have the following data for example. >A = 2 , 3 >B= 3 , 4 >C = 4 , 5 > >I want to plot the data on the basis of firs...

blank postcard template 4 x 6
Hi, I have a postcard that I made in MS Publisher that is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 in size. Obviously I can't use a .23 cent stamp on this item. I was interested in modifying my larger postercard and reducing it to a 4 x 6 template size so I can save on postal expenses. I couldn't find a blank template! I've purchased card stock and am ready to figure out a way to convert the larger size to (4) 4x6 smaller postcards printed on a full sheet 8 1/2 x 11. I'll then have them cut to size. So.. is there a easy to use template out there and how do I convert (shrink) my current postc...

Tab Control #7
Hi, I'm using a basic tab control, how to place a bitmap image onto it ? Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). Also, how to get the 3D effect for the tab ? (Like XP tabs) Hi You can bitblt for each tab clicks. I mean when you change the tab just repaint the dialog with new bitmap. Best regards, Amal Quote raj: Can a bitmap image be inserted only on the tab strips. (what i mean by tab strips is the part of tab, which holds name for that tab). ------------------------------------- Y...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

Windows Mail spelling control Dutch
Spelling control of my Windows Mail (Version 6.0.6000.16386 / Vista_rtm.061101-2205) is presently limited to English, French, German, Spanish. I want to include spelling control for Dutch. I received below advise, but after donwload and installation of the most recent version of Wlndows Live, no upgrade to below mentioned latest version has happened, nor is there a complement of 37 spell check languages. ********************** Make sure you have the latest version (14.0.8089.0726), and you have to be online to see the full complement of 37 spell check languages. ****************...

Restore to Recovery Storage Group Failed
I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup. I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per kb824126, the restore fails right away. It says it's restoring to the first storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group? Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't mention? you added the store you want to restore to the RSG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation
I need to define a group such that: - Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a single member of the group. - Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin rotation through the group. - Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next group member. I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would need to be servers-side (Exchange) rath...

Placeholders in Templates
How does one create the placeholders that appear in templates [Type-Address-Hear] that add the little tab when you click on them? See the article "Using MacroButton fields" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/UsingMacroButton.htm Or better See the article "How to create a Userform" at: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and the following page of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website : http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and_employ_a_UserForm.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to a...

How to CreateTournament Worksheet
I'm not an experienced user of excel but want to create a worksheet sheet to work in a tournament format with picture, have two picture next to each other click on one and it moves it to the next round. I have around 20 pictures of teams and which need to gradually reduce to a winner in the final. Can anyone help? Is there a template to get hold of. Thought someone will have already done some thing like this for football teams? -- Jarvis ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jarvis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

Is there templates for refunds/credits?
I have several vendors that at one point or another need to send back credits or ask for refunds. I would like to see something already in use for this procedure. Is there anything out there? Thanks. ...

How do I sort a proctected worksheet
Unprotect it. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Audrey" <Audrey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E1AC0AE-67F0-46B1-A741-B32D4DF69D43@microsoft.com... > That is a given, but I have columns that I don't want sorted. I have locked those columns in hopes they would not sort and the others would. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help. "Chip Pearson" wrote: > Unprotect it. > > > -- > Cordially, > Chip Pearson > Microsoft MVP - Excel > Pearson...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...

Attaching a worksheet to an e-mail
Hi! I am working with excel 2003 I would like to attach a worksheet (not the entire workbook) to a e-mail. I would like to do it as an excel worksheet if possible but can make it work as a body of text as well. What would the code loo like for this. The user is accessing my workbook file (read only) through a websit and when they fill-out the form they click a button and the macr e-mails the form worksheet to my e-mail address. This is an attempt a doing "On-Line" warranty claims. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appriciated -- Brian Matlac --------------------------------...

Worksheet Help req PLZ
Hey All, I have a small issue where I have created a worksheet called data and in Cell A3 I have a linked cell to another worksheet and cell "WK48!A2" In Cell A4 in the "data" worksheet I need a link to "WK49!A2". I would like to link all cells in Column A to consecutively "WKxx" worksheet once I add them to the workbook. I thought I could drag them mouse down but al I get is links to consecutive cells in "WK48" work sheet. Please help mag()() Try =INDIRECT("'WK"&ROW(48:48)&"'!A2") -- Reg...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Moving OLE Based Control
I have a control that is bound to an OLE object in a table. When i try to reposition the control with the command Me.ObjectName.Left = 4000, it does not compile. The error message "Invalid Qualifier" appears. In addition, when I normally enter the period after the name of the object such as Me.ObjectName. a list of optional commands comes up. For this control, it does not. Could anyone help with with the problem of not being able to access the properties of this control. I use Access 2000. Thanks -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com What's the control? Are you sur...

Worksheet size #3
I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't wide enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? Thanks Avril Hi Avril Excel is limited to 256 columns. This can not be changed. Cheers JulieD "Avril" <Avril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56C0900E-D321-4914-BE89-B75A028C2D94@microsoft.com... >I need to create a year planner in Excel but the worksheet simply isn't >wide > enough - does anybody know how to increase the (width) size? > > Thanks > > Avril Hi so you want more than 256...

worksheet background color
I would like to format the individual worksheets with a color for the sheet itself. Is this possible in 2002? thanks for you help and advice Candice Hi! Do you mean you want to color the sheet tabs? Right click the sheet tab, select Tab Color. Biff >-----Original Message----- >I would like to format the individual worksheets with a color for the sheet >itself. Is this possible in 2002? thanks for you help and advice >Candice >. > No, I wanted to color the sheet itself... is that possible? (Thank you for your thoughts) "Biff" wrote: > Hi! > > ...