Template Help Task Pane is being a pain!

I've got a Worksheet template and it's been saved.
Now every time I pull it up to work with it the Template Help Task Pane
opens up too!
I've looked around for a way to turn it off to no avail.
Any hints?

Barry

0
Barry

Excel 2003

Help>Online Content Settings

Uncheck "Show Template help etc."

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 10:44:04 -0500, "Barry" <retiredndakota@gwtc.net> wrote:

>I've got a Worksheet template and it's been saved.
>Now every time I pull it up to work with it the Template Help Task Pane
>opens up too!
>I've looked around for a way to turn it off to no avail.
>Any hints?
>
>Barry

0
Gord
3/29/2010 5:25:54 PM
Gord,

Thanks GREATLY!

Barry

0
Barry
3/29/2010 6:56:01 PM
Glad to help

Thanks for the feedback

Gord

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 13:56:01 -0500, "Barry" <retiredndakota@gwtc.net> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>Thanks GREATLY!
>

>Barry

0
Gord

help sos #2
error 421 smtp service is not available ...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Manually sever the connection to a template?
I am using Word 2007. It is my understanding that Word can derive some formatting and layout information from as many as three "templates" at the same time for a single open document: 1. The document itself functions as its own template. 2. The ?????.dotx file the document was originally based on. 3. Normal.dotx, the global template. For many of my documents, when I select Developer tab > Document Template > Organizer, I see the above three sources in the "Styles available in" field on the Organizer window. I would like to manually sever the docu...

Automating a weekly meal planner template.
I have posted to alt.binaries.freeware a template I did up. (Pls see the second, modified version.) For two months now have been trying to get this concept into a template with automation. I had no luck in WP because I couldn't find a scripting expert in the forum I went to, so was hoping to have more luck in this Excel version. The basic template is complete. I just need a pulldown calendar where I can pick the start date, say today and it would dump today's date (in the pre-configured date format) into <vStartDate> and <vDate1>. Then for a calculation to take over an...

Template class to allocate 2D/3D dynamic memory
Environment: vc++ 6.0 Issue: Template class to allocate dynamic memory I have a problem regarding template classes. I am trying to write a template class which allocates dynamic memory for 2D/3D arrays. Consider a template class to allocate a 2D array: //DynAlloc.h template <class T> class CADynamicAllocator { public: CADynamicAllocator(); virtual ~CADynamicAllocator(); public: T** Allocate2DArray(T** array, int width, int height); //Other member functs. come here. }; template <class T> T** CADynamicAllocator<T>::Allocate2DArray(T** array, ...

Help!! think I messed this up!!
Hey need your help!! We have 2 domains, 1 2000 and 1 4.0 domain. We have 2 2000 exchange servers running in the 2000 domain and 1 exchange 5.5 box running in the 4.0 domain. We have ADC running. I moved the 5.5 user to the 2k exchange box like your supposed to. Management doesn't want to move the user into the 2000 domain. Nice huh? Well they could open their mailbox on the first 2000 exchange server. But it would act like it was trying to connect to the 2nd 2000 exhange box becuase it was coming up with a logon box with the 2nd exchange server name. So I disabled the ADC and mov...

screen is showing slides in backward order .. . help!
Hello I have a pptx presentation with six slides. For some reason, everything is defualting the the right (the bullets come out to the right of the words, the slides print as handouts in backwards order, the outline pane is on the right hand side of the slide pane). THis is only happening for this presentation. Others I create are the typical way PP usually works. PLEASE HELP! I wish I could upload it here but am unable to do so. See your other post -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_t...

Need help on this....thanks

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

HELP need index of the actual selected point
Hi, I need help. I must get the index of a the currently selectd point in the chart. I can't use the Mouseup event. It will be better to determinate the x and y value from the actual selected point but the index will also be good. Please help! thx Jens You need to use an old-style XLM command for this, as Stephen Bullen pointed out in his post 14-Jan-2001: Sub WhichPoint() Dim sPoint As String Dim iSeries As Integer, iPoint As Integer sPoint = ExecuteExcel4Macro("SELECTION()") If sPoint Like "S*P*" Then iSeries = Val(Mid$(sPoint, 2...

Customize standard task form
is it possible to customize the task form with a user defined field and call on this form when you click New... in task view? Yes, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/taskform.htm and http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Spencer Hutton" <shutton@dwhomes.com> wrote in message news:uMcO2ju4EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > is it possible to customize the task form with a user d...

inbox.dbx infected with netsky !!! HELP!!!
I have one windows xp pro laptop with outlook express the inbox.dbx file seems corrupted because months of email just suddenly went missing for no reason I suspected that it is corrupted I installed easyrecovery pro and ran the emailrepair function to recover the inbox.dbx file I successfully recovered most of the mails But when the easyrecovery emailrepair is just about to write the repaired inbox.dbx file into the hard drive, my symantec antivirus corporate edition complains that the repaired inbox.dbx file is infected with the NETSKY virus .... and deletes the inbox.dbx file because it...

Pie Chart Help
Can anyone help? I have a spreadsheet to which I have one column that has different letters in, I need to create a pie chart that shows the amount of the same letter (i.e. 'P's in blue, 'F's in red etc) just so I can show how many of one letter there is? Any ideas and please explain fully as I am quite a new user Add a heading to the column of letters then you could create a pivot table to summarize the data, and create a pie chart from the pivot table results. There are instructions for pivot tables in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: ht...

Employee scheduling template
I need an employee scheduling spreadsheet template to assist with scheduling @10 employees on a monthly basis. Example below. Can anyone help? AUGUST 2003 OFF = Day Off S/L = Sick Leave V = Vacation B = Out of office on business F = Floating day Name Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri 7/28 7/29 7/30 7/31 8/1 8/4 8/5 8/6 8/7 8/8 8/11 8/12 8/13 8/14 8/15 8/18 8/19 8/20 8/21 8/22 8/25 8/26 8/27 8/28 8/29 Rep...

Receipt template
Hi! I'm making custom receipt template. I use different headers ("OverlayFirstPage" and "OverlayOnlyPage" differs from "OverlayMiddlePage" and "OverlayLastPage"). Problem is that these headers are of quite different size and there is a lot of space between header and document section on middle and last page. Can I define different <TOP> parameters in <DOCUMENT> depending on what page it is (or what overlay uses)? Thanks, Koit I got it myself, using page number: <IF> <CONDITION>\p=1 | \p=\t</CONDITION> <T...

How to make a .XLTM template file default to save as .XLSM type?
I have a Excel 2007 macro-enabled template (.XLTM) which I use regularly. Whenever I open this template then use save or save as to create a new file the default workbook type of .XLSX is selected instead of .XLSM. How can I change the default behaviour for this template to automatically select a .XLSM format in the "Save As" dialog wihtout changing it for every document as happens by using the 'Excel Options>>Save>>Save Files in this Format' drop down box. Cheers Perhaps some code in ThisWorkbook module of the Template; Private Sub Workbook_B...

POP email multiple duplicate downloads HELP!
Hi, ISP is SBC Global. I just installed Outlook 2003 yesterday and it keeps downloading ALL the mail I have in the SBC web inbox, even though I"ve marked them as "read" online, multiple times. Duplicate finder [bought and installed] doesn't recognize most of them as dupes. I've done "detect & repair," [got error 1311 source file not found; C:\msocache\allusers\90000409-60000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\ZS561.CAB. Couldn't find that in my installation disk, either.] SBC says they do not support Outlook 2003 -- "it's too new." Superviso...

Unstarted Tasks report showing completed tasks
I have tasks that started and finished in the past. In addition, I have manually marked them as completed. Why are they still showing up in my Unstarted Tasks report? The unstarted tasks report just uses the unstarted tasks filter to find tasks where Actual Start = NA. Check the filter (Project, Filtered For, More Filters etc). Check the Actual Start field in the Tracking Table. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "mrobles" <mrobles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E9D4C4F-B764-47DC-B...

Help with System Attendant
Hi all: My situation is this. We had a single system running AD/exchange (windows and exchange 2000). Not ideal, I know :) The systems' mft became corrupted, and I spent a long night bringing up a 2nd exchange server. I was able to bring up the old server, move mailboxes, and have everyone up and running before the next biz day. I've since installed an AD controller on another machine, as the original (problem) server could die any day. I found where to set the 2nd server as a global catalog server, and thought I might have been done. That is, until I tried adding new use...

find&select button,help please?
Hi everybody, i'm using excel 2007,when i press the find&select button it dosen't sow me the cell i'm looking for,it has been disabled,although when i look the rows one by one i can find it,how can i able the find&select. i'd appreciate if u'd let me know,cuz i'm in trouble here ...

Help with rules not working #2
Hi: I'm continuing to experience problems with Rules working. This time, I have Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2000 Server, set up to run on a PC (Win XP pro). I'm connected to that PC with a remote desktop session that is always open. None of the rules work unless I run them manually (even rules that are server side). Does anyone know if a command line switch (or anything else) will work to ensure that rules actually run automatically? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond ...

Help] How to merge two charts?
1. There are two charts M and N. Column A of chart M means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of chart M means part-name (in Japanese); Column A of chart N means part-number (numbers and letters), Column B of chart N means part-name (in English); 2. Column M contains much more parts than Column N, which means N belongs to M; But M and N obey exactly the same part-number naming rule; 3. While most people can't Japanese but English, so it is planned to add the English part-names from Column N into Column M, just as remarks to corresponding Japanese part-names, meaning ...

please help OE & OL between 2 users
I am admin account and run Outlook. Girlfriend is limited account and runs OE. When she right clicks pics and the like to send to mail recepient, it opens an Outlook new message window. Now, these messages never get sent as she doesnt use Outlook as her email program. They simply accumulate in the Outlook outbox and never get sent. I cant set OE as her default email as it wont let me do that (I guess since Im admin and I use it). What should be done? Ive tried this all but the registry change http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098 and it wont take. Whats the best way to do...

O2003
Finally switched from OE to Outlook 2003 so I can sync with PDA. Not impressed at all so far for many reasons I just send myself an email with .jpg attachements and the only way I can view them is by opening them up in a separate application. OE did this sooo nicely regardless of the format. TIA, Frank Not a feature of Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, MASTERCHIEF a...

how to have excel repeat a template on each page of each workshee.
i have created a template that i want to have on each page of each worksheet. is there command to make this happen/ You can create a new default template, with your preferred settings: Open a new workbook. Copy your template onto each worksheet Choose Save As From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt) Name the File "Book.xlt" Save it in the XLStart folder (usually in Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office) When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be based on this template. If you want new sheets to be inser...