Tarcing links in a workbook

Hi,

I am using a workbook that seems to have some old links in it tha
refer to outside workbooks that do not exist anymore and they ar
totally irrelevant. Every time when I open my file it asks to ge
updated by these two links. I want to locate the cells that contai
those links in order to remove them permanently!
My file consists of many sheets and cells. I want to know if there is
way to determine on what sheet and in what cell the links are situate
so that I can take em out!

A solution/work around would be very welcome...

Thanks in advance!

Ro

I am by the way using Excel 2000..

Hi Rob
maybe the following add-in will help you:
http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip

Frank

> Hi,
>
> I am using a workbook that seems to have some old links in it that
> refer to outside workbooks that do not exist anymore and they are
> totally irrelevant. Every time when I open my file it asks to get
> updated by these two links. I want to locate the cells that contain
> those links in order to remove them permanently!
> My file consists of many sheets and cells. I want to know if there is
> a way to determine on what sheet and in what cell the links are
> situated so that I can take em out!
>
> A solution/work around would be very welcome...
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Rob

0
frank.kabel (11126)
2/10/2004 1:52:13 PM
Tahnk you Frank that is an amazing little program you gave me! Rea
nice

Update Links Automatically
Running Excel XP and was wondering is there a setting which will automatically update any external links that I have referenced, without the dialog option of "Do you want to update links" etc Thanks There's a setting you can toggle. Tools|options|edit tab Uncheck "Ask to update automatic links" Then the prompt goes away, but the links are updated. This is your own setting--it affects all the workbooks you open, but won't affect anyone else when they open that workbook. (They'd have to change their setting, too.) John wrote: > > Running Excel XP...

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

Links are not created after migration
HELP!!!!! We are using DTS to import our data into the CDF_MSCRM database. That went pretty well. Not many problems. However after we get the Accounts and contacts loaded into CRM they show up like expected the Primary contact is not showing up for the Accounts. Anyone know how to get this to work??? I would greatly appreciate it Stephen, Key is to use the contactid given in the cdf_contact in the cdf_account table. Unfortunately I do not have any installation available to check the real values, but this should make the situation clear: cdf_account -accountid------name---------primary...

creating links inside a workbook.
I would like to put a working table of contents into my workbook. In other words, I would like to list all of the sheet names on a master page and allow the user to jump to that page simply by clicking the page's name. Any suggestions? Please and Thank You!!!! Use the Hyperlink feature. Just do a Insert> HyperLink>. Choose place in this document. Then select the tab you want to link to. "Angelica" <Angelica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B5487B-A816-4BE3-B43A-701863DCFE76@microsoft.com... >I would like to put a working table of content...

linking data
Hi, I have a worksheet that I enter details of worksheets handed in by employees i.e. in col1 name, in col2 date and in col3 if worksheets not handed in I enter L,H or S (Late,Holiday or Sick). What I am after is to list the names of employees on a new sheet if they have L,H or S against their name and also to show against their name the reason (Late,Holiday or Sick rather than L,H or S). Hope this makes sense. Thx in advance Kev Have you looked at the possibility of using a pivot table? In essence this gathers required information into a table. Have a look at <Data><Pivot ...

Inserting Photos into Excel and linking to Word.
I need to be able to upload a digital photograph to a single MS Excel worksheet and then link that photograph into a MS Word document from the Excel workbook (photo needs to be visible in both Excel and Word). The photos should all appear the same physical size when they are place into the Excel worksheet and they should appear the same physical size on the linked Word document. Can anyone describe the steps I should use to accomplish this or recommend a possible alternative? ...

Smaller workbooks?
Hi. My Excel 2000 workbook has just increased in size from 1mb to just under 8mb !! I have added a few formulae and a long VBA macro. The workbook has 14 sheets, no graphics and quite a bit of conditional formatting. The VBA adds formulae to the various sheets on an 'as required' basis - if 30 rows are needed, then the macro adds formulae to about 20 columns on 30 rows. Thats all it does. I just did a bit more work to it and the size jumped.... Any suggestions on how to get it smaller again? Thanks. Jim Hi Jim, Does Ctrl+End properly identify your last cell or is it way down...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

How to sort in Excel with headers link to all body parts
I have a table that have subheaders and each subheader with rows of items below them. I wanted to sort all subitems from all subheaders according to value (in one column); and have each subitem link to the subheader as label for that particular item. I guess what I need to do is link a cluster of items to it subheader; so when I sort each item will include the subheader as label to show what subheader it came from. ...

shared workbook issue
Hello All - I am using Excel 2007 and have a shared workbook that is also password protected. One user of the workbook attempted to save changes and received an error message that reads: "Caution: You are attempting to save a shared workbook that is also protected with a password. Portions of the file, including the change history, will not be encrypted. To help ensure the security of your file, unshare the workbook or delete the change history from the document. Do you want to save this file?" I would like to keep this as a shared workbook, so I attempted to delete t...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

AYS Link broken?
I am trying to find the link to the "AYS" file - the ones previously posted seem to be broken. Thanks for your help! http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3&SID=dfed6797436b881b7b3d59e73f4c83c1 -- Duane Hookom MS Access MVP "Terye N" <TeryeN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5F15B4F-7406-4A4C-BE38-92302C59DDC8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to find the link to the "AYS" file - the ones previously > posted > seem to be broken. Thanks for your help! ...

vlookup help linking data between worksheet
hi, I have a master list of students (about 200+ )in one worksheet. On the succeeding worksheets are the attendance for seminars. We have more than 20 seminars in a year. Because of the large no of attendees per seminar, I usually type out a list of the students who came for each seminar, so there will be 20 +attendance worksheets. Not all students will come every time and there are new ones for each session. To update on master list, I will sort each sheet by surname, print it out and type in separate column (date) for each session and typed "P" for present and &quo...

Searching a Differnt worksheet in the same workbook.
So what I need to do is have a colum D that searches Sheet1, column E for a certain text string entered in a different sheet (either 2 or 3) column D. If they match I want the cell in column E, sheet 2 or 3 to return a text of "Found" and if there is no match I want the cell to be blank. I've been looking in these forums and have a feeling it can be done, I just can't figure out how. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Dear Cre...

Locate link browser #9
Would someone know where in Outlook is located this link browser? When asked by the system, I provided the wrong link (Outlook as a reader) and I would now like to replace it by Firefox. -- ah Never mind. Bug fixed. -- ah "ah" <anonewsgr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uLAnZj1eHHA.3548@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Would someone know where in Outlook is located this link browser? When > asked by the system, I provided the wrong link (Outlook as a reader) and I > would now like to replace it by Firefox. > > -- > ah > ...

CRM Web links appear to be broken
I am able to open the home page and move throught the interface. The issue I have: I open "HOME" and then move throught the website, I hit errors when trying to return to "home" and other links. Errors occur 95% of the time. The error shows as a permission problem, but if I continue to navigate through the site I eventually get to home. I have a new server and just installed MS SBS 2003 with CRM 1.2. I am also unable to load the Outlook client --> during installation, the host computer is unble to locate the CRM server --> the same server I am have web li...

Linking items GREATER THAN O on another worksheet in the same Work
I have a workbook that has about four worksheets … I want to create a list of items that will automatically be included on worksheet tab 4 from Worksheet tab 1 if the quantity for the item listed on the first worksheet has been changed from 0 to any other number (i.e. 1 or 10 etc). I have a list of equipment with pricing on worksheet tab 1 and the list is long. Many of the items will have quantities of zero and will not increase as they will not be selected for the project being created. We have additional columns for cost, extended cost, labor hours etc. If the quantity changes for a...

shared workbook opens slowly
I have a workbook that uses conditional formating etc has 60 worksheets one for each week and 8 for info for drop down lists and the size is 10 mb. I have shared it via a windows 2003 severer but it takes along time to open any thoughts as to what I may have done wrong Since you have 60 worksheets with conditional formatting and the same is used by many persons in sharing mode will make excel to open the file slowly. Try to Remove unwanted worksheets from your workbook and on daily basis or two days once Remove the sharing and give Cntrl+S and apply the sharing. While doing ...

Links don't work in mail
Hello What would cause outlook (and outlook express) to not allow the links in my emails to work? They open a browser window, but nothing ever gets loaded. If this were happening only for 1 link, I'd say it was the url, but this happens with text links, button links etc. I have to "view source" for the button links, copy the url and paste it into my browser -- and that works fine. Email links seem to work. Any suggestions? Thank you Terry V Hold curser over link, press shift key, now you can click on link. "Terry V" wrote: > Hello > What would cause ou...

Excel-Sage link error
Hi, I'm trying to connect to our Sage data which is stored in a folder on the server mapped to my L: drive. In Excel, I go to Data > Get External Data > New Database Query... Choose Data Source dialog, pick SageLine50v8* and click OK. I enter manager and my password and then get the following error message: Cannot find all files in data path Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed The driver returned invalid (or failed to return) SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 2.00 I am using Sage v8.00.0019 and Excel 2000. All help appreciated cheers Pete Franklin > In Excel, I go to Data > Get...

test for exernal links
Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another workbookl what i am trying to do is display a message when a user closes a workbook saying the workbook has external links. How would i code this?? I believe there is a security setting that does this check when the workbook opens(Excel 2007). "hervinder" <hervinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A95302-287D-4E91-A841-84F44CA309A4@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to test if a workbook has external links to another > workbookl > > what i am trying to do i...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

Saving workbook #2
We are sharing some excel books on netwrok by using several "my briefcase" linking to one master file. We cannot modify the file and update to the master file at the same time - as the computer refuse to merge them together. Is there any method that it can go real multiuser. Hi you may try the following: sub save_with_cell() Dim fname fname = worksheets("sheet1").range("A1").value fname = fname & ".xls" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=fname end sub You should add some error checking to this (does the files exist, etc.) -- Regards Fr...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...