tangent excel question

this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i
affects a spreadsheet im working on.

ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav
installed seem to include this symbol.  it is a blueprint / surveyin
symbol that has a L superimposed by a c.  i am using CL right now bu
would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics.

is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where
can find a font that would include such a symbol?  thank you.  i lov
excel. ^_

--
lsu-i-lik
lsu-i-like's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1431

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=360512

--

John
johnf202 at hotmail dot com

"lsu-i-like" <lsu-i-like.1eg69z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that it
> affects a spreadsheet im working on.
>
> ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i have
> installed seem to include this symbol.  it is a blueprint / surveying
> symbol that has a L superimposed by a c.  i am using CL right now but
> would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics.
>
> is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where i
> can find a font that would include such a symbol?  thank you.  i love
> excel. ^_^
>

> --
> lsu-i-like
> lsu-i-like's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14317
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=271023

0
me5306 (285)

Changing how Excel INTERPRETS dates
Anybody know how to change the way Excel interprets dates? For the lif of me I can't remember. I don't just mean reformatting a cell. I mean if one would typ "8/11/04" Excel would read this as November 08, 2004 and not August 11 2004. Any hope would be much appreciated, Dav -- dgreenfiel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dgreenfield's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1629 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27689 Hi this is defined in your Windows - Region...

Excel Formula 02-06-10
I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of which product is chipset and from which suppliers.Thanks for any help I get. A B C 1 Product 1 Supplier 2 £10.00 2 Product 2 Supplier 1 £8.00 3 Product 3 Supplier 2 £8.00 4 Product 2 Supplier 2 £6.00 5 Product 1 Supplier 2 £11.00 6 Product 3 Supplier 1 £7.00 Farid, I think you mean:- cheapest - and not chipset. "Farid" wrote: > I Need a Formula which can tell me eg. on seperate wotksheet a report of > which product is chipset and from which ...

Excel spreadsheet template
I try to find an optimal solution for my Excel spreadsheet template for developing a financial calculation(expenses, taxes, S&H, retail prices)for various products in small business. I just browsed templates section in MS Office templates but not found there any specific, all very generic/abstract etc Lots of other sites have Excel templates that you can download. Do a search through Google: http://www.google.com/advanced_search? using keywords like "financial Excel template download" trend5 wrote: > I try to find an optimal solution for my Excel spreadsheet template ...

Category question
I've created categories and have applied to specific people in my email address book in Outlook Here's my question. How to I see a listing of all the emails that are in a particular category. I want to be able to say, import into a word document or something like that. This list isn't huge ... maybe 50 - 60 names, but it would be nice to access from the category rather than having to go into each address and copy paste from Outlook into a Word document. I want to distribute this list of a membership to each of the members and I'm unable to find an "easy" way to d...

Excel macro deployment
Hi I have been deploying Excel macro to workstations using an MSI. The MSI creates a folder under program folders and drops the xla files in the folder. The installer also sets a registry value. When the user opens Excel, the macros begin. This works fine for Excel 2003. What do I need to do to properly install Macros under Excel 2007 and Excel 2010? Thanks ...

Importing to access from excel
I understand that access uses the first 15 rows of an imported excel sheet to determine whether the access field is numerical or text. I have a worksheet with a date column, and columns that contain both numbers and text entries (in the form of less than values e.g.<1). Therefore the date column cannot be changed to text or number otherwise it looses the correct format. And although the numbers can be changed to text in excel they are only recognised as numbers in access. The only way I have found to get the all the information across from excel into access without error values (e...

another OGA question
I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as a genuine, new copy. It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and installed with no problems using the product key in the box. After downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after reboots. The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation, not with the authenticity of the software. I ca...

Bank Reconciliation Transaction Question
Hi All, I am trying to add payments using Bank Reconciliation transactions but I don't know how, is it possible to do this way? Also, I want to use "Transaction" of Bank Reconciliation, not the "Receipt" Anyone knows how to do it, please give me a shot and I'd appreciate it. Thanks, -- Toi Day Hi Don Are you still using version 8? I do not believe there will be a fix for this on version 8 and I don't believe this is an issue on 9 or 10. -- Fliehigh "Don Lai" wrote: > Hi All, > > I am trying to add payments using Bank Reconci...

Question 04-23-10
Hi All, I have created a database that stores information about gauges/items within our company and tracks it's location, whether the item has changed location, is in a repair state, being calibrated, on loan to a different department, etc. When a user updates a serial number (currently we have generic serial numbers and are putting the correct serial numbers in it's place) the serial number changes and the data is saved to the database. My database has many relationships to keep the data integrety(sp) in check. The problem I am having is that once the user has changed the...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

E2K7 Storage questions: SAN vs. DAS
I beginning to plan our 2007 migration and have some questions about storage requirements. We are currently using SAN attached storage for Exchange 2003 clusters, but with CCR the shared storage is no longer a requirement. If we stick with SAN attached, we'll need to double what we have to go with CCR. What are most big shops going to do? Stick with SAN or go DAS? What are the details as far as data throughput. Can any DAS offerings compete? It's not quite double I think. On the active node, you need usable space. On the passive node you need usable space + space reserva...

SIMPLE question re Tent Fold Card from a Newbie
Hi I am TRYING unsuccessfully to do the following Using Publisher 2002 I want to set up my own template to print Happy Easter at the bottom right hand corner of a tent card ... Card is: 20 cm wide and 19 cm high when OPEN ...20 cm wide and 10 cm high When FOLDED. I would like wording Happy Easter at the Bottom of the ront on the right hand side ( to start approx 1cm in from teh right hand edge and cover area of approx 6 cms.. I have managed to do this and print this on an A4 page with crop marks BUT I am wanting to use ready made card blanks... HoW can I get his to work I see under p...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

crm 4.0 mui packs performance question
does installing MUI packs on the server and office client affects the performance of the crm server? any review or document on this matter? While I have not seen any official data on the subject, I would be surprised if it had much effect. Installing (and provisioning) a MUI pack does essentially 3 things: 1. Installs the resource assembly 2. Adds strings to the database (LocalizedLabel) 3. Adds language specific templates for email and kb articles. 1 should have no effect, 2 and 3 above will have a small affect due more data in the tables, but it should not be much. "Benjamin ...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

migration question #13
hello and happy new year i am trying to migrate from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Since we never used public folders in exchange 5.5, do I need to migrate public folders using pfmigrate? or can i just setup replication for schedule and free busy and offline address books and once in sync, i can remove the old exchange 5.5? thanks No need to migrate PFs if you have none. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "xiyan" <noemail@email.com> wrote in message news:uMVQbxSLHHA.1008@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hello and happy new ...

How do I link Excel pages to a different master Excel workbook?
I am trying to take part lists from different assemblies and link them to a master part list. Ideally one sheet from the assembly part lists will have many pages and be linked to a sheet in the master part list with the name of that specific assembly. I am operating on Midrosoft Office Version 2003. open both the master and your part list on your master if you set a cell to (="name of part list book"!A1) you can do that by clicking any cell on the other workbook with them both open its just like a formula on the sheet only instead it has the workbooks name first i hope thi...

Graphing in Excel
Does anyone know any good graphing tutorials for excel??? I am havin difficulty graphing a dual line graph. I don't know the problem origin. Any help would be tremendous -- Mrinkli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mrinklin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38935 M, Get familiar with internet searches (like www.google.com). It's a good resource. A search for "excel chart tutorial" (w/o quotes) would find Jon Pel...

tangent excel question
this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i affects a spreadsheet im working on. ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav installed seem to include this symbol. it is a blueprint / surveyin symbol that has a L superimposed by a c. i am using CL right now bu would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics. is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where can find a font that would include such a symbol? thank you. i lov excel. ^_ -- lsu-i-lik ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Excel 2007 Pivot Tables
1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downloaded from a mainframe database? I have been told this could be done in previous versions of Excel. 2. If I get a new text file each day, how can I refresh the existing Pivot Table, without the necessity of recreating Thank you very much Marsh Import the Text file into Excel. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Marsh" <Marsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C480551-AE4D-4E31-B6DC-DF527E532091@microsoft.com... > 1. How can I create a Pivot Table from a text file, downlo...

Excel Function VLOOKUP
Hi, I'm having trouble looking up a table of "Names". The table deifene below is called ROL_IS and list hundred of other defined tables. Error where: =VLOOKUP(A33,VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE),2,FALSE) but no errors where =VLOOKUP(A33,ACT_IS,2,FALSE) or =VLOOKUP(CUR_MON,ROL_IS,3,FALSE) ANS: ACT_IS The array function in VLOOKUP appears not to converting formula to NAME. If anyone knows or needs further details if would be appreciated. Thanks Elizabet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If I understand you correctly =VLOOKUP(A33,INDIRECT(VLOOKU...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Simple lookup question
I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" or "no" would suffice to tell me whether the A1 value exists anywhere in columns B:K. Thanks much, Ryan Try =IF(COUNTIF(B:K,A1),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in > A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" > ...