Tabulating Survey Results

I have just completed a survey in which the recepients answered a question
with a 1-5 response. 1 being Not satisfied 5 being very satisfied - I have
the totals for each response but want to be able to take the total responses
in each category and create a average result of the question.
Column one has the 1-5 in it - Column 2 has the number of reponses for each.
I want the answer to be a 1-5 number off all the respondents.
Thanks
0
results (1)

Something like this would work;

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,B1:B5)/SUM(B1:B5)

"Tabulatin Survey results" <Tabulatin Survey
results@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have just completed a survey in which the recepients answered a question
> with a 1-5 response. 1 being Not satisfied 5 being very satisfied - I have
> the totals for each response but want to be able to take the total
> in each category and create a average result of the question.
> Column one has the 1-5 in it - Column 2 has the number of reponses for
each.
> I want the answer to be a 1-5 number off all the respondents.
> Thanks

0
daverx (100)
12/13/2004 8:45:04 PM
Dave - That gave me a answer of zero
one - here is how the data looks
column A                     Column B
1 not satisfied                4
2                                 10
3                                 19
4                                 16
5 very satisfied             17

I want a weighted average of all the respondents -what is the average
satisfaction out of these 66 respondents -??  a number needs to be between 1-5
Thanks

"Dave R." wrote:

> Something like this would work;
>
> =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,B1:B5)/SUM(B1:B5)
>

> "Tabulatin Survey results" <Tabulatin Survey
> results@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have just completed a survey in which the recepients answered a question
> > with a 1-5 response. 1 being Not satisfied 5 being very satisfied - I have
> > the totals for each response but want to be able to take the total
> > in each category and create a average result of the question.
> > Column one has the 1-5 in it - Column 2 has the number of reponses for
> each.
> > I want the answer to be a 1-5 number off all the respondents.
> > Thanks

0
rickvin (1)
12/13/2004 9:47:11 PM
Column A contains text which cannot be added. Usually you would try not to
mix text and numbers if you want to do any math, but you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--LEFT(A1:A5,1),B1:B5)/SUM(B1:B5)

"rickvin" <rickvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dave - That gave me a answer of zero
> one - here is how the data looks
> column A                     Column B
> 1 not satisfied                4
> 2                                 10
> 3                                 19
> 4                                 16
> 5 very satisfied             17
>
> I want a weighted average of all the respondents -what is the average
> satisfaction out of these 66 respondents -??  a number needs to be between
1-5
> Thanks
>
> "Dave R." wrote:
>
> > Something like this would work;
> >
> > =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,B1:B5)/SUM(B1:B5)
> >

> > "Tabulatin Survey results" <Tabulatin Survey
> > results@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have just completed a survey in which the recepients answered a
question
> > > with a 1-5 response. 1 being Not satisfied 5 being very satisfied - I
have
> > > the totals for each response but want to be able to take the total
> > > in each category and create a average result of the question.
> > > Column one has the 1-5 in it - Column 2 has the number of reponses for
> > each.
> > > I want the answer to be a 1-5 number off all the respondents.
> > > Thanks

0
daverx (100)

Same code 2 results
Hi! I use this code in 2 applications and the results are different: CString csRep; char sRep[MAX_PATH]; LPITEMIDLIST pidl; BROWSEINFO bi; bi.hwndOwner = NULL; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; bi.pszDisplayName = sRep; bi.lpszTitle = NULL; bi.ulFlags = BIF_STATUSTEXT; bi.lpfn = BrowseCallbackProc; bi.lParam = (LPARAM) (LPCTSTR) cs; bi.iImage = 0; pidl = SHBrowseForFolder(&bi); if(pidl) { TCHAR szDir[MAX_PATH]; if (SHGetPathFromIDList(pidl,szDir)) csRep = szDir; } In one app, csRep = ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30 309D}\::{D20EA4E1-3...

Unpredictable results in calculations
I have an unbound form with 9 calculated fields which display business indicators. Some calculations are DSum from tables in the DB while others are calculated from these (DSUM) values on the form. The form can be opened from a Menu and from command buttons on two menu forms. When the form is opened from one of the menu forms, no problem. The problem is that when I open the form from the Menu or the other menu from, one field displays #Error. This particular field is calculated from two other fields on the same form. (No DSUM on this one). I placed a command button to requery the &quo...

Count Results in Access 97
Okay, I hope all this makes sense... here goes. I have a "main" form and within that form have a subform, which on a specified delay (I think it's currently set to 2 minutes - using the timer event) performs a requery to show the number of results within a table in the database, via the form - me.(subformname).requery In Access 2007, it works no problem, and shows the "count" results and will happily continue to do this, even if left idle for a long time. In Access 97 however, it opens up fine and shows the results, yet when it comes to perform the r...

How would I go about getting these results?
source: ContactID ProjectID RoleID 1 1 1 1 2 2 1 3 1 2 1 1 2 2 2 How would I return the results where the noly record to show would be the 3rd one where there is no one with the RoleID of 2. Stated differently, how do I exclude all records where there is someone with a RoleID = 1 AND 2 and return only records that have ONLY someone with RoleID = 1 I hope this makes sense. Thanks. I am missing something. Why is row 3 returned as Con...

Squiggly line to show more dramatic results?
If you will refer to my screenshot, I'd like to make the graph appea more dramatic. The y values on the left go from 0-30,000. Is ther anyway to make the y values skip a few thousand and scaling it so i looks more dramatic +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: excel.jpg |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4465 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- kel ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kelp's Prof...

find multiple results
I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet that will give me the multiple and various results from a column in a spreadsheet. Example spreadsheet: col a col b Part Tool 12345 12345 23456 23456 34567 34567 45678 34567 56789 56789 67890 56789 78901 56789 if I was to search for all parts made from tool 12345 the result should be only part 12345, but if I searched for parts made from tool 56789, the results I'm looking to see are 56789, 67890, and 78901. I was able using index and match funtions to get a single answer but I would ...

automatic investment results in negative cash transaction
Hi, I'm using MS Money 07 Deluxe. I have automatic investments set up for some of my Mutual Funds. This money is drawn directly out of my checking account. I also have MS Money automatically updating the prices and account balance of these investments, so when I log on, I have transactions to read. When these automatic investments trigger, my account balance for these Mutual Funds is always short the amount I invest. For instance, I invest $100 per month in one mutual fund, and when Money updates this investment, the account balance is $100 short of what it should be. This $10...

no results found
Hello all, I just upgraded to publisher 2003 from 2000. when I click on a piece of clip art in a previously created document from 2000 an error box comes up saying " Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task" When I click on a piece of clip art on a template in publisher 2003 it opens a clip art window but the clip installed on my comp. from previos versions are not all there. For example I searched for Bread..now I know I have at least 100 ormore images of bread that I coould acess in pub 2000 and when I go to my program f...

Freeze results for 200 workbooks.
Need to freeze results for 200 workbooks. Copy-paste-special is too laborious. Easier way? Hi not really. Only creating a macro which does the same for all workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:AA6749D7-8E9A-4941-A61F-772D9118C97F@microsoft.com... > Need to freeze results for 200 workbooks. Copy-paste-special is too > laborious. Easier way? ...

copy sort results to different worksheet?
Hi all, Relative Excel newbie here :) I have an Excel file with three worksheets in it. Right now, only the first worksheet has data--the data is four columns of unsorted text (it's a list of karaoke songs...the columns are labeled "Song Title", "Artist", "CD", and "Track Number"). I know how to sort the data by different columns so that I can either have everything listed alphabetically by Song Title, or alphabetically by Artist. What I'd like to do is somehow be able to take those two "sorts" and output each one on a differe...

Result list problem
Hi I'm using this formula, =RANK(B10;B$10:B$48)+COUNTIF(B$10:B10;B10)-1 (In B column the points are.), to calculate in which place the competitors are. I have copy this fro another worksheet I have and there it works well, but now it onl display 0 (zero) in the new workbook. Have some one an idee what's wrong!? Run -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Using Excel for a Survey
I am trying to use an Excel 2007 spreadsheet to record a survey, where some of the answers would be in the 'YES/No' or 'True/False' format. What is the best way to tabulate the results for these columns? I mean, should one simply record YES/NO responses and then do a count of the total occurrences or is there some other whizzbang formula / technique for improving the process? Also, is there some way to record multiple-choice type responses? Yes, I realise that a database would be a better tool to do this than a spreadsheet, but I loathe Access and do not have ...

Getting the result on the basis of date
hi,I have query which is based on a table with employee daily activities.I want to extract the report on the basis of date. I included thefollowing parameter [enter_date] - date/time format and in criteria igave [date]. however when i run the query its giving the entire dateand not the date which i enter in the input box. Can anyone help mehow to solve this problem?Regards,Karthik...

Weird result when printing from macro on one system
Maybe someone can help shed some light on this. In Excel 02 (SP3) we have a macro that runs that highlights the selected fields (based on some radial buttons that the user elects) and then it executes: ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=2 On 12 of 13 machines it executes perfectly, you get two identical sheets printed out of your default printer. The problem, 1 machine which appears to be setup identical to all the others (including the printer and the print driver) does print the *second* copy correctly. Regardless of the printer the job is sent to (including acrobat writer) the...

Is there any way to have the advanced search results display information from the related entities in the results list? ie: I would like to perform an advanced search on opportunities, with the filter criteria based on a value in the Opportunity Product list. I would like to display the value from the opportunity product in the search results. This is just a single example of a large number of "relational" searches I need to enable. I have looked at writing individual reports for each of these searches, but was hoping to save time by using the advanced search (if possible) ...

Inner Query Coalesce Causes Incorrect Query Results?
We have come across a peculiar situation where we get some very different behaviour when an inner query contains a coalesce. We are flattening out a list into a comma separated string variable. The desired goal is to have a comma separated list of people in alphabetical order. People are stored in table #tblA and their names can optionally be overridden in #tblB in a 1-to-1 relationship. We are aggregating the names in an outer query that appends to a local variable. Below is the code illustrating 4 different scenarios, none of which fully work. This code can be pasted ...

Importing CSV
Hi All, I have to import CSV files into excel. A regular issue with this is that often the CSV files will contain data (in this case account codes) that excel interprets as dates (such as '3-8000' being converted to 1 Mar 8000). Nothing unusual so far, in that we handle that issue by importing manually (External Data - Text import), and specifying that the field in question is imported as TEXT not GENERAL. However, I have a file that, when I double click on it, it opens up perfectly (except with dates where it should be text as outlined above), but if I manually import that f...

"Transmitting" results
Is there a way to write a formula that "sends" its result to anothe cell. For example: Cell A1 contains a balance, �50 Cell B1 contains a deposit, �50 Cell A2 contains a formula to add A1 to B1 (=A1+B1) Can I add something to the formula in A2 so that the result is copie to another cell, for example C3? I know that I could put =A2 in C3, but I would like to do this b adding to the formula in A2 if possible -- Prosper ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Prospero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1380...

Outlook 2003
I'm using Outlook 2003 Windows XP. Outlook includes the "Find > Look in" options and also "Type a contact to find" option. How do I clear the results of these searches? I've clicked "Clear" to no avail. I've "cleared" everything I can think of. No dice. As soon as you click on the drop-down arrow, there's the results of the last searches. Any ideas? Thanks in advance... ...

Counting values from vlup giving results
Hello I managed to create a vlookup table on the source sheet and another where data is chosen on the users sheet but to advance is too technical. I need to display certain data chosen from the dropdown list to display in another column on the users sheet. Party1 and Party3 to display in column G. Item Party1 and Party3 (in column A) in the vlup have a code Y (column C) in the vlup source. Only need about 15rows to display Y and N item results listed in the users sheet. ie. Party 1 & 3 need to be displayed, summed and counted on the users sheet as they are both coded as Y. A | B | ...

Checkbox
Hi, I have a small spreadsheet with 20 check boxes in Column A (A1-A20). They are all linked to corresponding cells in Column B which give TRUE or FALSE depending on if they are checked or unchecked. No problem there. I have the corresponding check boxes displaying "Computer 1" in cell C1 and so on down to C20 i.e. Formula in C1 is =IF(B1,"Computer 1","") Once the user has checked/unchecked as required then I'd like to be able to save Column C1:C20 and Column D1:D20 to a csv file called "UserInput.csv" Thanks Ephraim I'd sta...

Deleting Values From a Query's Results
I'm having problems trying to edit the values in a query results. I know there are restrictions on that kind of stuff. The values are pulled right out of a table. It's weather data that I pull out of an oracle table at work using ODBC. I pull down the data for a specific station and put it into a local table using a make table query. I then can crunch and display the results all different ways. The data is raw data and there are errors in it. I have queries set up using Dlookup where I can display, for example, apparently erroneous temps looking at the time & temp just befor...

Count array cells that returned a result
Using 2003 at home and 2000 at work Would like to count the number of cells in a range that have a result from a formula. The particular range of cells is filled with array formulae. Thus, the cells are not "" because they have a formula. But I would like to know how many cells, in the range of cells, where the formula produced a displayed value. I tried countif(A1:D20,not("")) (and other variations without success) TIA Dennis Hi try =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:D20<>"")) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dennis wrote: > Using 2003 at home and...

Publish Survey
I created a survey in Sharepoint but can't figure out how to get it to display on a page/part. Whe i pull it over from 'design page' i only get a section but no link or survey questions. Hope someone can help (survey function is very new to me). -- Thank you ------=_NextPart_0001_B4CABC24 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit http://vspug.com/ssa/2006/11/01/creating-a-survey-in-moss-2007/ http://vspug.com/ssa/2006/11/03/creating-a-survey-in-moss-2007-programmatica lly/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OFlk8X-Yc&feature=related Hope this ...

AUTO FILTER NOT CHANGING RESULTS
Hello, Problem #1: I have a giant workbook with 240 tabs. Each of the 238 sheets contain specific information to them. This information is put in from a master sheet via an Array formual, when I put in a new sheet all the other sheets gain their infromation from the master sheet. Each of the sheets has about 70 lines and based on how much activity there was on a certain account the lines can range from anywhere from no acctivity to all 70 lines. So what I have done on the last coloumn on each sheet is put in a custom Auto Filter, to show me only if the cell is greater than 0. My p...