Table in Text Box?

I have a Budget numbers spreadsheet, and there is also a text box where I am providing a description of the product.  I would like to put a table in the text box to show some history, but there does not seem to be a way to do this...Is there anyway to add a table to a text box

I have tried inputing the numbers manually without a table, but the numbers never seem to be flush - Is there a way to set the tabs to be equal?  My chart winds up looking like this - If you get the idea..

X    $15K
Y   $14K
Z    $17K

Thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

> Is there anyway to add a table to a text box?

Not that I've heard of, in Excel. If you're talking purely presentation
purposes, you can put a table in a text box in Word. Which you could then
paste into Excel as a picture.

HTH,
Andy

0
andy.j.brown (443)
4/19/2004 3:32:17 PM
I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds like the main problem is th
spacing in the text box?  If this is the case it is due to most fon
being personal spaced (or some such description).  This means that th
letter I takes up much less room than the letter O.  To get around thi
(if it is your problem) change the font in the text box to Courier o
some other font where all characters take up the same amount of width.

#Deleted being displayed in a linked table
I have linked to a mainframe DB2 table and when I try to open the table or run a query against it, the only thing that display is "#Deleted" in every cell. I know there is data in the table as I can query using Excel and get the correct results. Using the same simple query in Access, I retrieve the correct number of rows but they all contain the same "#Deleted" message in each cell. I have links to other DB2 tables on this mainframe and the results are fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks. Have you tried relinking the table? I had the same thing happen to me o...

perpetually loading text
my mailbox shows the subject and sender but the message area of the page is blank and the hourglass icon shows constantly as though it is downloading the message but it never loads. This happens even with emails i have already read before this problem started a week ago. Thanks for any input. ...

Comments automatically highlight text
Is there a way to change this behaviour? In 'track changes', all comments are associated with the main text by a highlighting of that text. I use web layout view with a black background and white text, and this highlighting is way too light to read the text comfortably. Ideally, I would like either to have no highlighting (just coloured brackets around the relevant text commented on), or be able to change the colour of the highlighting, just as I'm able to change the colouring of the comment balloons. 5 days later... I guess these forums aren't exactly bustling. ...

Read multipart as plain text
hi, is there really no way to tell outlook (2003) to display the original text-part of a multipart message? when the setting for 'read as plain' is enabled, outlook converts the html-part instead of displaying the text-part! maybe there is a reg-hack or an add-on to accomplish that? thanx in advace ...

Concatenate text to make calculation
I need to have a calculation look at a certain 'static' group of cells. When I move the data to different location (which is needed) and new data is put in its place, the calculation follows the data that moved. I need it to always look at the same cells regardless of what happens with the data. Make since? Hope someone can point me in the right direction, Fossil -- Fossil_Rock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Fossil_Rock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25531 View this thread: http://www.excelf...

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

Changing a text field to a date field
Hi I know this is a problem for lots of people but I still cant find an answer. I have imported a text file into excel with a number field that displays credit card expiry dates as a 4 digit number. example 0408 so month + year. I have converted the number field to a text field so it doesnt drop off the first zero and now I need to convert it to a date field. Any nice easy simple ideas. Any help would be much appreaciated. Or direction to a question the same. Perhaps =DATE(100+RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2),1) format as date -- daddylonglegs --------------------------------------------...

Pivot Table
I've this problem, when I drag the fields into the "Data" area, it will show as "Count of Q1 Results". But what I actually want is "Sum of Q1 Results". I would have to manually go to field setting and reconfigure from count to sum. It happens for all the fields I drag into the "Data" area. Is there any way around this? Thanks. If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the column, Excel will default to the Count function when the field is added to the data area. If the column contains only numbers, it should default to Sum. Derrick wr...

Message Box Title
Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? Thanks No. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "accesshacker" <accesshacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A383C6B-143C-49D8-ABAC-D705D6A616DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? > > Thanks There is a possible kludge with something like: MsgBox("This is a test",vbQuestion+vbYesNo," Centered") It ain't pretty but might work. -- Duane Hook...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Publisher 2000 text moves when viewing in Publisher 2003 and up
I received many Publisher 2000 documents from a client. I work for a commercial printer and due to problems separating the colors in Pub 2000, I need to open the files in 2003 or newer. When I open the files in Pub 2003 and 2007 the text reflows incorrectly around some images and even runs through some images. And in some cases where there are no images on the page...only text...the text boxes seem to shift up slightly causing collumns of text not to line up. I am out of ideas for workarounds and my client can not afford the cost for me to manually fix every single text box in the hund...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

I would like to export the data from a drop-down list to a table
I have a form with several drop-down lists, I need to have the information in these lists in another document/spread sheet. Is there an easy way to copy the data in these lists to another location? The long way would be to re-type all of it. ...

Importing a table from Access query
What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? Thanks in advance. Hi The way I usually do this is run the select query, click on the top-right box (which selects all records) and use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste into my workbook. An alternative is to right-click on the query in the Database Window and left-click on Export. In the Save As dialog box, select ..xls type. -- Andy. "Trish" <Trish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6BF3DE22-6590-4CAD-9EE1-FC978A3BB63B@microsoft.com... > What is the quickest and easiest way to do the above? >...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Combo Box Problems
I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name Box does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left through the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo box?.....Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Aug 13, 10:00=A0am, daphoenix <daphoe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name= Box > does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left throu= gh > the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo > bo...

Write conflict error with ODBC link table
Hi, I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data (ODBC link) from form, I receive Wirte conflict error 'The record has been changed by other user... Copying the change to the clipboard...'. The error allow me either copy the info to clipboard or drop change. In this case, how can I save my work to the table here? SF � "SF" <xyz@online.com.kh> ������ ��� ������ news:#F7F7OtcIHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I have migrate my back end access tables to SQL Server. While editing data > (ODBC link) from form, I...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

ALERT Pop up Box
Hi All I am running a macro that calculates and produces several workbooks for a number of people. What I would like to do is have a pop up box appear on each of their computers just before the macro is ran to ask them to "Get out of their workbooks as the macro is about to be ran". Is this possible? Thnkx Maybe you can add something like this at the start of your code: Dim Resp As Long Resp = MsgBox(Prompt:="Is your workbook closed so the macro can continue", _ Buttons:=vbYesNo) If Resp = vbNo Then Exit Sub End If mellowe wrote: > > Hi Al...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Text formatted email
I am trying to email a long hyperlink path to some one that can only receive text formatted emails. When they receive the email it, the hyperlink gets converted in to 2 lines, top line is a hyperlink (path incomplete) the second line is "text" with the balance of the hyperlink path. I placed < > around the hyperlink and it still splits in to 2 lines. Is there any way to keep the full link path intact? Thanks! jvs Tiny URL to the rescue! :-) http://tinyurl.com/ -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Cr...

Detecting Case of Text in a Cell
Hi All I know it's possible to change the case of text in a cell in Excel using Lower, Upper and Proper, but is there a function that tells me the current case of the text? A user has a spreadsheet of catalogue items, some in proper case and some in upper. He wants to seperate those in upper case into a separate sheet but I can't think of an easy way of doing it. Can anyone help? Colin -- Colin Vicary ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Colin Vicary's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10472 View this...

how to increase text size in reading pane
dennist685 dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > dennist685 Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough to mention. -- Brian Tillman 2007 tjanks "Brian Tillman" wrote: > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > > > dennist685 > > Depoends on your Outlook version, which you decided wasn't important enough > to mention. > -- > Brian Tillman > > dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: > 2007 I don't have OL 2007, but in OL 2003, the Readi...

enter value in a cell from a combo box
How to build a combo box to be able to select a value and enter in the cell 1. Go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox 2. Click on the "Combobox" icon once and draw one on your worksheet (hold down the ALT button to fit to a cell). 3. Right-click on the Combobox and go to Properties. 4. In the ListFillRange type in the range of cells that contain the values to fill the combobox, like A1:A5. 5. In the LinkedCell field type a cell reference that will contain the user's selection (ie E2). 6. Click on the Exit Design Mode icon and close the toolbar. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA ...