table doesn't work in 2007

Col A                           Col B                       Col e
interest rate	payment
0.05	=PMT(A2/12,E3,-E2)		loan amt	350000
0.0525			l               oan term	360
0.055
0.0575
0.06
0.0625
0.065

if i use 2003 and clikc Data / Table and input A2 as the column input cell,
the click OK, Col B fills up with the appropriate payments for each rate.
however, if i use 2007, go to Insert, click on Table and insert A2, the table
doesn't fill in.  In both cases, i have highlighted cols A & B.  any
suggestions?

thanks in advance for your help--
aprilshowers

i found the answer.  2007 is the What if analysis not the insert table
function.
--
aprilshowers

"april" wrote:

> Col A                           Col B                       Col e
> interest rate	payment
> 0.05	=PMT(A2/12,E3,-E2)		loan amt	350000
> 0.0525			l               oan term	360
> 0.055
> 0.0575
> 0.06
> 0.0625
> 0.065
>
> if i use 2003 and clikc Data / Table and input A2 as the column input cell,
> the click OK, Col B fills up with the appropriate payments for each rate.
> however, if i use 2007, go to Insert, click on Table and insert A2, the table
> doesn't fill in.  In both cases, i have highlighted cols A & B.  any
> suggestions?
>
> thanks in advance for your help--
> aprilshowers

Money 2006 troubles present in 2007 ?
I purchased Money 2006 a year or so ago, but abandoned it over 401k issues. I have not used any kind of money manager since then (bad me), and am ready to take another swing at it, so trying to decide between upgrading Money or giving Quickbooks a try. As I recall it could not reconcile all line item types from my 401k manager (Hewitt). I remember this being a generalized issue, with lots of poeple complaining about the same thing. Has this been addressed in Money 2007 ? Anyone still having trouble with 401k downloads into Money 2007 ? Are there any other pervasive issues that are wait...

Problems with hyperlinks in Word 2007
I am having problems with hyperlinks in Word - they show as a complete text string incl. something about javascript. This occurred after my last update from Microsoft. I have tried to search in the various settings without any luck - I need the hyperlinks to show as only regular text and not codes etc. Anybody out there who can help me so I do not miss any text in Word? Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mette S-K" <Mette S-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1788018D-30B3-4005-82BF-0DD03CB383EB@micros...

Trouble opening Word 2007 for Windows files with equations on my Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Word 2008 for Mac but when I try to open a Word 2007 for Windows file from a student with equations, all the equations are nonsensical. Any hints? FWIW, not being familiar with this area of Mac Word, when I try to open a Word 2007 document containing a Word 2007 equation (not the older type of equations) I see a dialog box that says that Word 2007 equations are not supported in Word 2008, that the equations will be preserved so that they will be visible if re-opened in Word 2007, but will "displ...

creating xsd schema using database table details!!!!!!
Hi All, I have to create an xsd schema using table details as a input. Here I have table details and now I want to create an xml schema file from it. Please do let me know whether it is possible or not? Thanks in advanced, Deepak Still no reply..... :( -Deepak "deepakbadki" <deepak_badki@persistent.co.in> wrote in message news:udolhVCEGHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > I have to create an xsd schema using table details as a input. Here I have > table details and now I want to create an xml schema file from it. Please > do let me know wheth...

Simple sum won't work
I am creating a report that will list the cost of a number of items sorted only by the date of the request. At the end I want the total cost of all requests. I am using: (=sum[cost]) in a text box in the footer. It keeps giving me errors. What am I missing? There is not even a full page on the report. I am placing the sum in the report footer. I have made it larger and am putting it above the default page and date fields. Ralph On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:40:54 -0500, "Michael" <michael@kisielrudnik.com> wrote: >Which footer are you placing the sum[cost] in? ><...

Why =RUNADDON("msgbox ""hallo""") desn't work?
Why =RUNADDON("msgbox ""hallo""") in TheText Event Cell doesn't work when I go to change text of the shape? Thanks 1000 Mosca Running code directly from ShapeSheet functions has been removed because of the security risks this presents. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Mosca" <fly_boxer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:aLNoc.184833$hc5.7979490@news3.tin.it... > Why =RUNADDON("msgbox ""hallo""") in TheText Event ...

Unable to see custom Ad-Ins ribbon tab in Excel 2007 + Windows 7
Worked fine in Excel 2007 on XP. This ad in file just links to several frequently used macros. It has been enabled via Excel Options/Ad-Ins, the location of the .xla file is trusted and I get no errors when it is opened. Macro security is set to notify and disable, but I do not get that message when opening the .xla. Is there some setting I am missing when dealing with Windows 7 and macros / VB? ...

Text boxes, pouring into --Publisher 2007
I am copying text from Word 2007 and putting it in Publisher 2007. I have created text boxes on the pages I want the overflow to flow into, but when I link and pour, text boxes are created within the text box I have. These text boxes are very wide and not very high. How can I get Publisher to pour into the text box I want without it creating new ones? Follow-up. This link below links to a guy who was trying to do what I do NOT want Publisher to do. In that thread, everyone said he couldn't do it. "Linda" wrote: > I am copying text from Word 2007 and puttin...

Missing system password table
Before I saw the solutions in the newsgroup for resetting the system password, I deleted the SY02400 hoping to get a chance to re-setup the system password. Now I get the message "System password file is missing." I've tried recreating it with File > Maintenance > SQL create table, but no luck. I also tried the SQL script "update sy02400 set PASSWORD = convert (binary, '')", but with no luck. I'm using MSDE. I can't restore because I get the missing file message when I choose restore. Make a backup of the dynamics database and then try ...

grouping in Excel Pivot table
currently i am using pivot table to calculate the grand total for ageing day in my report. The ageing day are 1, 2, 3 to 6 days and > 6 days that i want to group together. In pivot table, it can only able to calculate the grand total like total ageing for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days.... and go on. Is there any way that pivot table will do what i want or you guys can suggest any other method? I am aware of group function in pivot table but it cannot suit my needs. Thanks Lim Heng Sin All sorts of data can be analysed by adding another column to the base data and using the new field in ...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

2007 Access Reports
I just moved up to 2007 from 2003. How do you get rid of the calculated fields that appeared on my reports?? ...

Problem with Outlook 2007 and RSS feeds from Firefox 2.0.0.12
I can not get this to work correctly. In IE 7 if I click on an RSS feed icon, IE will ask if I want to subscribe to the feed and if I do it adds the feed to the Outlook bar (just like Outlook 2007's directions say it should work). Using the same technique in Firefox, Outlook shows me the HTML behind the feed OR in the case of any RSS from the NY Times - it comes up as a page not found error. If I do a copy/paste into the account setup tab for RSS in Outlook I can make this work but I don't understand why there is such a hassle to get this done in Firefox EXPECIALLY when Firefox asks ...

OL 2007, WLM, and return receipts
I am using Outlook 2007 to read my Windows Live mail using the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector version 12.0.6237.1003 (23 July version). When I read a mail where the sender has requested a return receipt, I am not getting a prompt for sending it nor does one get sent. For all my other accounts (IMAP), it does work as expected (a prompt and a receipt being delivered). Using Windows Live Mail, however, the return receipt function works as expected with the Windows Live Mail account. I'd rather use Outlook 2007 for all my mail handling and would like to give the sender a receipt w...

Corrupt Money 2007 Transfer Transactions
It appears that I have 2 corrupt transfer transactions in my money account. Both of them are transfers to/from my checking account, one is to a credit card account and the other is from my savings account. The symptom was first apparent when I balanced my checking account, I could not mark the transactions as "cleared" so my account would not balance. I tried multiple methods that failed, and eventually tried the auto-reconcile function, which identified the transactions but crashed money when it tried to mark them as reconciled. At this point both transactions are still prese...

Leaving "Change transaction matching" screen freezes Money 2007 Deluxe
Whenever I leave the "Change transaction matching" screen (either by pressing OK or Cancel) Money 2007 Deeluxe (Version 16.0.120.1303) freezes up and I have to kill the process. Whenever I restart Money, the file gets repaired and whatever change I made is reflected in the account register. Anybody has seen this an/or can provide a solution? :: Marcus ...

Search folder not working
This is a new install of 2003. When I receive new mail it shows ups fine in my inbox bolded as unread however nothing shows up in the standard Unread Mail search folder. Even if I click on the search folder it says no new mail. Does it have to be activated in some way? Thanks... Bob is the new mail in the same pst as the search folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Slow charting hotfix for Excel 2007
A hotfix is available from Microsoft to remedy the slow charting problem in Excel 2007. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938538/en-us Unfortunately, you can't download it directly yet and instead have to call Microsoft support. I think they said it would be rolled out officially in the first service pack for Office 2007. But, if you explain your problem (slow charting) and reference the knowledge base article as the solution, they will email you the hotfix and not charge you the outrageous support call cost. I've installed the hotfix on my computer and although charting is not as fa...

Going from Project Server 2007 to Project Server 2010
Right now we have an official Project Server 2007 production instance as well as a little test installation on a VM. However, we are far from a robust multi-environment shop with formal change management procedures in place, data refresh procedures in place, etc. We have two choices: 1) We can do the fancy infrastructure build out now in Project Server 2007 THEN migrate to Project Server 2010 2) Wait until 2010 to do a fancy infrastructure build out. Which is the very best of the two options that has the least pain associated with it? We are running 32-bit Windows Server 2003...

How to add a row to a table with totals?
I have a shreadsheet that is made up of sub-tables comprising 3-6 rows with a header and a totals line. For example: Row Date Units Minutes U/M Comments 5 1/12/07 50 25 2.0 xxx 6 1/13/07 100 40 2.5 xxx 7 Totals 150 65 2.3 xxx How can I insert a row between the last data row (6) and the totals row (7) in such a way that (a) all the forumlas in the inserted row acquire the attributes of the row above it and (b) the sum formulas in the total row are updated to include the new row? If I select row 5, then drag the top border to between rows 5 &am...

How to calculate some specific values using PIvot table. ?
Guyz i have a table..... which looks like this... ================================= TT | Resp1 | Resp2 | Resp 3 | Month ================================= 1_|___0__|__2___|___1___|___1_________ 2_|___2__|__3___|___2___|___1_________ 3_|___1__|__2___|___0___|___1_________ .. and so on... how can i have the pivot table calculate the following for me .. i can put the Month column in "Page".. but how do i do this....... Like How many responses under "Resp1" had 0 as their value.. and how many responses under "Resp2" had 1 as their value.. and all the possible com...

Publisher 2007 Print Preview problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C848A1.9D928960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I use a custom template 8.5x44, fill it with text and pictures, but = print preview show 5 pages, with the text and pictures centered over the = 5 pages, meaning that the first and last half pages are blank. That is, = the text and pictures begin mid page, not at the top as my document has = them. And the bottom of the fifth page is blank. What am I doing wrong? Al ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C848A1.9D...

Excel No Longer Working
Ok. This one has me stumped. I have adding the compatibility pack to systems in my office with no problem, until yesterday. Added the pack to an Office 2003 Pro system. Everything works great except for Excel. Now when we start excel it acts like it is trying to do an initial setup, then says it needs the disc. I put the disc in, but it will not find the CAB file. Weirder than that is every time I retry it the CAB designation changes. I have tried to do a repair and the same thing happens. I have tried a reinstall and the same thing happens. Anyone have ANY ideas???? I don't know...

Creating an email message in Outlook 2007
What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. Hello, yes, Outlook 2007 uses Word to render and create messages- There is no possibility to change anymore. Roman Brehm "PE" <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23imSovkXHHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What does Outlook use as the editor when creating an email message, looks > very much like Word. Options no longer offers Word as an alternative. > > > > It is word. If you have the office suit...

Summing values where one is #Error doesn't work
I have a raw_data table (originating from an external source and pasted regularly into Access). I have a normalised_query query based on raw_data and doing 'stuff' including converting a text column to a number column. Where this conversion fails (<1% of cases) the column in the query contains #Error. I now want to run another query which includes a sum of that column, but because the value #Error appears in one of the rows, the sum fails. What's the simplest way around this? How are you converting the text to number? You might try something like: IIF(isnumeric([you...