Table Data on Chart.

Hi

How should we make the pivot chart on EXCEL, which contains the
(char)data from two different work sheets?
The data from the table are on two work sheets.
Is there a way to select the cells from two different excel work
sheets and then make a single Chart?

Bill.
0
bill_sena (2)

Hi
AFAIK you'll need a contiguous area for pivot tables/charts

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

BSena wrote:
> Hi
>
> How should we make the pivot chart on EXCEL, which contains the
> (char)data from two different work sheets?
> The data from the table are on two work sheets.
> Is there a way to select the cells from two different excel work
> sheets and then make a single Chart?
>

> Bill.
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Bond Yield Template with Payment schecule and chart (Excel)
Does anyone have a Bond Yield Template, payment schedule and chart for excel? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=87576e8c-1ad1-4aff-a5ca-3e574007bf1c&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc You m...

Very odd: Not all restored data there
Prior to rebuilding our CRM/SQL server this weekend, we backed up everything (all 6 databases, webconfig, isv.config, etc.). After rebuilding the environment, we successfully restored all the data. What's odd is that there are many recent entries that are missing. FYI, we restored the datasbes all via SQLCMD. Thoughts? Thanks any idea of the number of missing entries? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "circulent" <circulent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06A40A1F-E5F5-40CF-8...

How do I delete multiple BLANK rows within data?
I extracted a file & converted it to xl format. Every 4 rows there is a BLANK row dividing the next section/rows of data. I tried using Data > Sort & Advanced Filter but in the rows of data I need the data is not consistently entered into each field. So this makes it hard to filter correctly. I need to filter the data but due to the BLANK rows it is not working. I have removed some of the blank rows by using Ctrl & delete but this is very time consuming & the file is huge. Thx Just a suggestion. Not sure if it will work or even addresses your problem: Try using autofi...

Using INDEX w/MATCH to get data from unsorted source
I am trying to add data from one sheet to another that is unsorted. The formula I'm using: =INDEX('Differences'!$A2:$F$2000,MATCH($A2,'Differences'!$A$2:$A$5000),6) So according to instructions MATCH matches the data in $A2 to similiar data in the Differences tab column A then Index will print whatever is in the column 6 of the differences tab. However, what's going on is that correct data is not getting into this cell. When I evaluated the formula, the match is not matching the correct value. Hi Lynn, Try this: =INDEX('Differences'!$A2:$F$2000,MATCH(...

Data Access Pages 03-05-08
I have put together several data assess pages. I am able to see the form over the web, but the data fields show "#Name?". I have configured my web server as specified in the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/264080 but still no data showing up. Can someone provide some help???? ...

Only chart certain values
I'm trying to chart some data into a pie chart automatically once a moth or so. I just want to add the data and have the chart chart itself. The problem is that some of the data can come in with a zero value one month and other months a value above 0. For the months that it comes in as zero I don't want the chart to graph it. Is there a way to do this? Thanks jhorsley -- jhorsley ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jhorsley's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26040 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Inserting a hyperlink with "Data Filter" on, in Excel
I'm trying to insert a hyperlink into one of the cells but it's not letting me. When I right click on the cell, the hyperlink option is greyed out and when I use the formula =hyperlink() it only inserts the text. I have a Data/Filter on, is that what's stopping me? I don't think so. I could insert a hyperlink in a filtered range via Insert|Hyperlink and =hyperlink(). Any chance that the worksheet is protected? Any chance that the worksheet is grouped with another worksheet -- look for [Group] in the title bar? Any chance that the workbook is shared -- look for [Shared] in...

Table Place settings design
We are having a company dinner party to say goodbye to the oldest member of company. 70 yrs old We want to print a place card with photograph and some words on it for 50 employees. Sounds like a Tent Card would meet the need. If you were using Publisher 2000 (your version may be similar) it would be, File, Page Setup Special Fold Tent Card (From the Choose a Special Fold menu) Choose an Orientation Portrait or Landscape, your preference OK If you plan to use other than 8�"x11" stock, do first, select File Print Setup Provide the stock size as you follow the Setup steps. --...

Find Modified Date of a Table
How can I find a tables modified date. I am using filedatetime for files. How do you use it for tables? On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 21:11:22 -0500, Lillian <libertysmith10@yahoo.com> wrote: Assuming your tablename is Employees, you could write: Debug.Print DBEngine(0)(0).TableDefs("Employees").Properties("LastUpdated") -Tom. >How can I find a tables modified date. >I am using filedatetime for files. >How do you use it for tables? Unfortunately, I don't believe that works in versions of Access since Access 97. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://...

clustered stack column charts
I am trying to create a chart with three stacks in two columns. I tried using the method described by Bernard Liengmen's but it doesn't allow me to add a secondary axis for the last (sixth) data series. I don't get it??? ...

Excel Pivot Chart Design
I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that change the color sceam but not the lay out(format) of the page? Anyone know if the law out and design option is available in office 07. Click any where within Pivot Table/Chart, accociated Manu Items will appear at right side on menu bar. "TAD" wrote: > I upgraded to 2007 from 2003. In 2003 there was a lay out and design option > for the pivot chart. Now in 2007 all I can find are desing options that > change the colo...

Query from two tables duplicating data
I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query is duplicating data so that each line item is listed multiple times. I can specify with more details if someone thinks they can help. Can you? Post the SQL of the query. If you are not familiar with how to do that, open your query in desingn mode, switch to SQL view, and copy/paste the code into your post. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Rachael" wrote: > I have created a query in Access 2002 using fields from two tables. The query > is duplicating data so that each line item is liste...

customizing chart column color formats in code
I have some code that examines a set of data and generates a x1columncluster chart. Depending on the set of data, I may have any number of column clusters as a result. However, I currently format the columns manually to make certain groupings a given color and another group of columns a different color and so forth. I would like to automate this. Is there a way to go through each column like for x = 1 to numberOfColumns check group If group = 1 set color accordingly else set color differently end if Did that make sense? TIA Perhaps you could use Jon Peltier's technique for conditio...

How do I remove extra gridlines in a Excel 2007 Chart?
I am working on a chart in my worksheet for Excel 2007 and I want to know how I can remove extra gridlines. -- Maria A Adams Hi, Please define "Extra". In general you would right-click the axis and choose Format Axis, then on the Axis Options tab you would specify Max, Min, ... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "maria" wrote: > I am working on a chart in my worksheet for Excel 2007 and I want to know how > I can remove extra gridlines. > -- > Maria A Adams Thank you, but while I was waiting for a reply I was ...

0how do I display wide range of data e.g. with data from 195 to 2.
I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the same chart Maybe, with a log scale? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <FF07154A-B77E-4F66-9694-1D8240B48B82@microsoft.com>, YSL@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I need to know how can I display wide range of data from 195 to 2.5 m on the > same chart > > ...

Possible to export data from my DB into an Outlook email/template?
Is there an easy way to export data from an Access 07 DB into a Outlook 2007 template/email message? I heard there could be a way to do it via programming, but I'm not the sharpest tack in the box when it comes to programming. Thanks! I should probably expand on this by what I am looking to do. I created a database to track Blackberry information for employees in my company. Say an employee is upgrading from a Treo to a Blackberry and wants their number ported. Currently, we email out the current number and the ported number to a Wireless group and they contact our carrier. We want...

format in MS Access chart data table
iI created a chart from access table. The format of data is stored in percentage with 2 dec. format. When I creat the chart with data table displayed, the 9.8% diplay as .098 in the data table. Even I changed the number in data sheet to %, it appears as 9.8% in design view, but when I switch to the data view, ir changed back to .0980. I managed to change the axis and data label to % format, but it will not work with the data table. I have another chart with currency in 6 dec. format, the data in the data table shows in scientific format. Is anyone willing to help me to fix this ...

Table Storing Default Site ID?
I'm trying to find the table that stores the Default Site ID in the Item Quantities Maintenance window. I thought it would be in IV00102, but it doesn't seem to be. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Craig It's in the Item Master table (IV00101), in the LOCNCODE field. -- GP 9.0, SP2 "Craig" wrote: > I'm trying to find the table that stores the Default Site ID in the Item > Quantities Maintenance window. I thought it would be in IV00102, but it > doesn't seem to be. > > Any help would be greatly appreciated! > > Than...

Pareto chart #3
Hi... how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? On Feb 6, 12:13 am, sekre...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi... > how to create pareto chart? Is it easy? > It even hasnt be in excel, any free software? Hi, please check online charts generator on www.qtcharts.com . there is also pareto generator gl stovar To make a pareto chart, sort your data in descending order of the numerical value (counts, instances, whatever), then make a column chart. If you want the line showing cumulative amounts, in the next column use a formula to construct a running s...

Pivot Table Enhancements/Fixes in Excel 2003
We are debating migrating from Excel 2002 to 2003 to address some issues we have encountered using pivot tables running against Analysis Services cubes using pivots in Microsoft Excel 2002. I'm searching around for a comprehensive list of enhancements and fixes for Excel 2003 specifically related to the pivot table functionality and I'm having some trouble finding anything. Can you send me a link to such a list (or just the list itself) - we are specifically interested in know about any actual fixes that have gone into this version. Thanks I don't recall if there are any...

parsing data
Hello; I have two data string types that I am doing a search on. ex:1 """ACCESS, NON-STANDARD SET-UP CLEAN""" I would like to strip all of the quotes from the front and then the same number of quotes from the back of the string so that it looks like ACCESS, NON-STANDARD SET-UP CLEAN How can I do this, since the number of quotes may vary between search string. also ex:2 """FITTING ALLOW 0.75""""/EA""" Note that in ex:2 should look like FITTING ALLOW 0.75" /EA Thanks for your time and effort in this.....

How can I parse this kind of data...?
I have a field with names in it and I would like to get the first and last names, but the data looks like this. Jim Bob Brown Jim Billy Bob Brown Jim B Brown If I can assume that the first name is Jim and the last name is brown I could live with that. I don't really need the middle part(s). The names are separated by space. I'm using Access 2003. Any great ideas on how to parse this date into first and last names? Thanks Kelvin You can use Instr() to get the first space, or InstrRev() to get the last space. Then use Left() or Mid() to parse the word from the field. Alterna...

data in the chart is wrong
Hello, I am creating a chart - Actual vs Budget, a simple chart, however when I do teh chart the % is wrong inthe data seris but not for all just the last 3 of them. The information in the table is correct but not representing it in the chart correct. Does anyone know how I can fix this? What kind of chart is it? If it's a line chart, did you accidentally select the stacked line type? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jaymee" <Jaymee@discussions.microsoft.co...

How do I graph a pivot table of sparse values?
I have created a pivot table that counts the number of occurences of numeric values between 4 and 16. The pivot table contains the following Value Count 9 2 10 1 11 1 12 7 13 4 14 1 15 1 16 3 There were no records that had the values 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8. I have created a pivot/column chart to display the counts (y-axis) of each value (x-axis). Because there are no counts for 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 the scale for the x-axis is 9 to 16. How do I create a chart with a scale from 4 to 16? (I've also noticed that...

Data Collector Sets Not Collecting Data
When I create a new data collector set from performance monitor, everything seems to go well. The DCS is created and when I export the DCS to an .xml template, all the counters are there. The DCS Starts, but won't collect any data. Even if I create the DCS manually and add counters manually, it still doesn't seem to do anything. I have made sure it's running with credentials of a perf log user group member (and an administrator). The output file that's created is around 300 KB. It just holds no data. When I used the 'export' choice against the DCS, I get a...