Tab key moves

Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order
I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of
my form before having to tab through another area?
0
DCZ (4)

Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is
left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your
application should be designed anyway.)

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding
> Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific
order
> I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area
of
> my form before having to tab through another area?

0
innocent (844)

Tab key moves
Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to? I have a specific order I would like to follow each time. Is there a way I can fill out one area of my form before having to tab through another area? Not in a reasonable userfriendly way, no. The default behavior is left-to-right next unlocked cell, top to bottom. (But that is IMO how your application should be designed anyway.) HTH. Best wishes Harald "DCZ" <DCZ@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:43C38961-D5BF-4F45-9CF5-DF2CD5958E9D@microsoft.com... > Can I pre-select which cell the tab key moves me to?...

Can't move worksheet to new workbook
I have a client who has always imported comma delimited files into Excel and then copied that worksheet into a master .xls workbook using the Move function. With Excel 2007 this is no longer working. It gives an error stating that the destination does not have enough rows and columns. However this move function works if moving a worksheet that started off as an .xls file - not .txt. Could someone please offer some assistance? Thank you. Hi David Could you provide a few more details. You talk about comma delimited files at the beginning, then .txt files at the end. Are these files...

Please help, Issues moving a CRM4 database to a new server and dom
Hi, I know there are a few posts here about this but nothing works for me. My Goal is to move a database to another server in another location with a different domain. Here is what I tried. I backed up the database on the current server (domain name: serverusa). I did backup both the MSCRM and the Config. First I tried to install MSCRM fresh on the new server (Domain name: server-ebm) I then checked it and I could access the CRM fine on the server using IE. Then I did go to the SQM management and restored the MSCRM database from a dump. After this I can access but it tells me "Inva...

Cant move my database :-(
When I move my ms access database to a new machine i get a message saying that the event proceedure on mousedown etc bla bla bla and the date fields do not populate. When I return to the pc i built the damn thing on it works like a dream! Anyone got any ideas? Cheers If you want help, you'd be best off saying exactly what "bla bla bla" is. It's like going to a mechanic and saying "my car did something: fix it". Is your application split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables...

Moving user profile to D:
Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on D: Still having few issues with permissions/installing There must be a proper (belt & braces) way to move user profile but how? "Chris K" <reply@the.board> wrote in message news:Ibg7o.56701$LU.1438@hurricane... > Just re-installed Vista + moved 3 users from C:/Users to D:/ +moved all > their old (pre-install) files from old user profile to new user profile on > D: > > Still having few issue...

tabs #2
When I use my tab button, instead of moving to the next cell to the right it jumps from column A to M then Y then AK etc. How can i turn this off and get the tab button to move only one square. I have read on these forums where people want to jump many columns but my complaint is just the opposite. Ian, Tools - Options - Transition. Uncheck Transition navigation keys. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ian Sly" <Ian Sly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7246A62A-2B2A-4135-B723-8ECFCAD948...

Tabs in my workbook are hidden
When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? Assuming that in Tools, Options, View you are set to view sheet tabs, you could try dragging the Drawing toolbar (and other toolbars) by the left edge to the top or right of the screen. Gee Wrote: > When i maximise a spreadsheet my tabs at the bottom are hidden by the > start/drawing menus - does anyone know how to fix this? -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.exc...

Moving files from inbox to personal folder
WHEN TRYING TO MOVE FILES FROM INBOX TO PERSONAL FOLDERS USER GETS AN ERROR AND THE ACTION DOES NOT COMPLETE. ALL SETTING APPEAR TO BE CORRECT AND THERE IS ALSO NO VISIBLE SECURITY ISSUE. Error Messages: ITEM COULD NOT BE MOVED. IT HAS EITHER ALREADY BEEN MOVED OR ACCESS HAS BEEN DENIED. Don't use CAPS!!! Clear the Deleted Items folder and try again. Otherwise post more info like version of Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Troy" <...

Missing Sheet tab #2
The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get it back??? I am using Excel 2007 Thanks Kamal Try Changing your display resoulution up a step? And then open the file. Kamal wrote: > The tab where I select Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3 etc is missing how can I get > it back??? > > I am using Excel 2007 > > Thanks > Kamal > > ...

locking tabs w/macros
i have a workbook that employees use to track project progress. they enter project data into sheet 1 and vbscript macros manipulate this data and output it in various ways on worksheets 2-15. i want to lock sheets 2-15 so employees cannot enter data, but when i protect those sheets the macros are no longer permitted to work. is there a way i can prevent cell editing by USERS but permit editing by MACROS? this seems like it should be fairly obvious, but i cant figure it out. thanks in advance! Hi eric, 1) you might want to use the following instruction when protecting the sheets: ...

Move from exchange 2003 to 2007
Recently I migrated to exchange 2007 from 2003. I still have the 03 box running, but have move 2 mailboxes to new server. I can recieve mail through the old server to new mailboxes but cant send any mail out the new boxes. any ideas why? On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 04:40:08 -0700, cowen <cowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Recently I migrated to exchange 2007 from 2003. I still have the 03 box >running, but have move 2 mailboxes to new server. I can recieve mail through >the old server to new mailboxes but cant send any mail out the new boxes. any >ideas why? Is ther...

Automating a Summary Tab
I have a workbook that I need a summary page that will breakout 2 different tabs and subtotal it Is there a way that if 1 tab holds Part #, Desc, and Price Another tab holds Total Price for the type of project it is So that would be: Model, List Price In a Summary tab I would like to show Item # (this would automatically start numbering each row) depending on how many choices they made in the other tabs Part # Description Model Length of term # users List Price They could choose anywhere from 2 parts to 15 parts how do I get it to automatically populate for what they chosen in this new...

Ctrl arrow left key no longer jumps entire word?
When scrolling through a document, my 'Ctrl+arrow right' key jumps forward the entire word however recently my 'Ctrl+arrow left' key will NOT jump back the entire word. How can I correct this??????????? Something, maybe an add-in, has disabled the shortcut. To put it back, use the procedure in http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AsgnCmdOrMacroToHotkey.htm to reassign the Ctrl+Left shortcut to the WordLeft command. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to th...

sheet tabs as page number and in a cell page of pages?
i have looked a little but can't find what i think is the right thing. i have a workbook with 3-4 pages in it. in the upper righthand corner is a page of pages cells set up. i want to have it grab the current tab(page) for one cell and the rest of the tabs(pages) for the other cell. i am not very good at the coding VB thing so exact instructions would be grately appreciated. i have tried a few of the suggestions but cannot get them to work. i am using excel 2002. TIA ...

Moving to new computer
I'm running Money 2008 and recently added a new computer to my home network. I want to run Money on the new computer instead of the older one. My plan is to move the Money database to the new computer, install Money on the new computer using the same installation disk I used before on the older computer and then use the new install to open the moved database on the new computer. I do NOT want to continue running Money on the older computer and will uninstall it when I'm sure everything is OK on the new computer. Should that work OK? Will I still be legally licensed and get Mo...

Moving Data Points on Scatter Chart in 2007
I have used Excel to construct various ship curves in all versions until 2007. I would create a table of offsets (x,y points) and build a simple integration scheme around the table. I would then graph the offsets. I could go into the graph, grab a particular data point and move it either horizontally or vertically. This would update the table and update the integration. I would have the area (or volume) display on the graph. So I could fair a smooth curve by adjusting offsets (with the smooth lines turned on) until I got the area and centroid I needed. Until Excel 2007! I cannot...

How to Drag/Move the IE control based Application
Hi All: I am developing Dialog based application. I have placed Microsoft WebBrowser control(IE control) on main Dialog of application. On the IE control, all messages are being passed to IE control. Now problem is that I am unable to drag/move this IE Control/Dialog. Any idea about moving IE control/Dialog Please help me in this regard. Regards, Ghazanfar Ali ...

Moving Outlook Data file...
....from Windows XP Pro to Vista Home Premium 64. I've got just about everything the way I want it. I can see my folders on the left. I get the preview panes that I want. I've transferred my signatures. So far, there are two things I cannot do. First of all, when I check my mail, it asks me for my password even though I have saved it when I created the e-mail account. Second, when I compose an e-mail, I can't access my Contacts even though they are right there on the left in my folder list (and I can see every entry when I click on Contacts). What do I need to do? Thank yo...

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

product key 04-28-10
Hi, I had a virus on my computer. I had to restore to factory settings. I went to reinstall office2007 and when I put in the product key it tells me it is "incorrect." How do I reinstall office? Please help. You can email me at mmfouad@gmail.com Mike Your Office 2007 did it come with your computer or did you purchase the Office 2007 separately with a Retail purchase -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "mike" <mike...

Move to Previous Location
Hi, Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an item in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location. Is there a shortcut for doing this? Thanks! GoBack (Shift+F5). GoBack will skip back to the previous 5 edit points. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Maanu" <Maanu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B07034B-78EC-4B09-B015-6B7DFCF625E9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Curser was in page1 of a document. I scrolled to page 5 and selected an > item > in page 5. Now I want to go to previous location. >...

Outlook 2003 'Move' Rule doesn't work as it should.
Hi, Having probs here with trying to use the 'Move' Rule in Outlook 2003 to shift emails from a specific senders address (from peolple or distrubution list) to a custom folder within my Inbox for that sender. The rule merely copies the e-mail to my custom folder and leaves the original in my Inbox. I have to create a second rule to delete the original from my Inbox and that can't be right. I know it isn't just me that is having this problem so maybe someone out there has found a fix for this bug? Zook Add Stop processing action to the Move rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Any short key finding special cell?
Hi, I am new in excel and looking for ways to increase efficiency with it. I have a long spreadsheet, i am interested in some rows where col A is a specific value, says, X, for example Col A Col B Col C row 1 X B C .... row 100 X BB CC .... row 250 X BBB CCC Is there any ways in excel that i could use to go to row 100 directly? I am just wild guessing, is it possible to have a macro to access that row and assign a short key to it. For example, is it possible that, a marco M to find next row where c...

Delegates tab and outlook not responding
I have a uesr in my building that needs to have people delegated in Outlook 2002 to view her calender. Whenever she clicks on the delegates tab, outlook freezes and says not responding. If you wait for about 10 mins, all of her people that she delegated finally comes up (which is about 20 people) and seems very slow. If she selects a person and clicks on the permissions tab the computer freezes again. Is there a limited number of users that can be delegated or no? Any information would be helpful. Thanks! Does anyone have an answer to this problem? If so, can you please email me at wk...