Tab Info

How put unfo form tab (Excell sheet name) into a cell?
0
anonymous (74722)

WB has to be saved

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND(" ]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,32)

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How put unfo form tab (Excell sheet name) into a cell?

0
terre081 (3244)

Change sheet tabs to different colors
Hello, I have Excel 2000. I noticed in 2003 version you can change the sheet tabs to different colors. Is there a way to do it in 2000 version? Thanks Mare Hi Mare, No, not in Excel 2000, colored sheet tabs was not included until Excel 2002.. But there are other things that you can do to organize your sheets. See the second half of Changing the Colors of Worksheet Tabs (#tabs) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#tabs You can sort your worksheet tabs and you can add small prefixes to help you sort them into an order that makes sense to you. --- HTH, David McRitchie,...

Received Header Info
Does anyone know where Outlook pulls the Received Date/Time stamp for e-mails? I would assume this would come from the header information from the e-mail message, but it doesn't match what is in the actual e-mail header. Dave I think it does pull it from the header and adjusts the time based on time zone. "Dave" <altinac@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eEyI5cCmFHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know where Outlook pulls the Received Date/Time stamp for > e-mails? I would assume this would come from the header information > from the e-mail message...

CPaintDC and Tab Control ?
Could any one explain how this code segment could be correctly written. It's a dialog-based program with a tab control. And for this example, two bitmaps should be painted on Tab2 of three. And any variable not declared locally is declared in the class declaration. Also, I need to paint them directly onto the dialog form since there will be many small bitmaps (in the thousands) row after row with 12 to 20 in a row. void CTab2::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); if(bUpdateBmp) { bmp.LoadBitmap(Crd); bmp.GetBitmap(&BmpInfo); dcMem.CreateCompatibleDC(&a...

Minimizing Outlook 2002 puts it near front of tab order
I've been having (what I think is) a very strange problem with Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000. If there is more than one other top-level window open and Outlook 2002's main window is minimized, OL's main window then shows up as the second window in the tabbing (Alt+Tab) order. To reproduce this, open several applications, bring OL to the front, minimize it, and then hold down Alt+Tab. Regardless of how many other non-minimized windows are open, OL still shows up as the second window (after the one on top). This contrasts sharply with the normal behavior of top-level windows, where a ...

Pages of a Tab Control
Is it possible to have a page of a tab control either highlight, blink, change colors, become bold or some other way of identifllying which pages have been filled out and which has not. We have several pages on our tab control and I don't want to have to go to every page and check the sub-forms to see if they have been filled out. Thanks for any help I can get, Danny hi, On 20.04.2010 13:08, tankerman wrote: > Is it possible to have a page of a tab control either highlight, blink, > change colors, become bold or some other way of identifllying which pages > ...

EX2K
I'm running a single instance of Exchange 2000 on a member W2K3 server. Using NTbackup the account I've designated to run the tasks under can't back up the information store. Logs show the following message: Error: <server>\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group is not a valid drive, or you do not have access. The account is a member of the local backup operators group and can successfuly backup all drives and the system state. My admin account can back up the IS with no problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. I'd rather not continue running the IS ...

Money 2005
I recently upgraded from Money 2000 to 2005 and all seemed to go OK. However, the majority of my Favourite Reports are Bar Charts. In Money 2005, the only option that is not grayed out is the View as Report radio button and I cannot get access to the View as Bar radio button. I have tried a Quick and Standard Repair and also have Advanced Reports switched on. Can anyone shed any light? OK I finally solved the problem by trial and error, plus a lot of wasted time. I choose the Income and Spending Over Time report. This allowed me to 'Change View' to a Bar Chart. From there I ...

Business Portal Employee Info Modify
Dear Everyone, In business portal, I am able to view Human Resources Employee information from Great Plains(In the Advanced Roles, the corresponding Employee ID is mapped) I am not able to edit this information cause Add/Edit button is not available when I click on profile. Please anybody can help me in this. Hi Jacob, When you installed Business Portal did you install Employee Profile for HRM Self Service Suite? You will not be able to update your employee until this is installed. Thank you, Robyn "Jacob" wrote: > Dear Everyone, > > In business portal, I am ab...

MIME header info/Message info
Hello, Currently our organization is on Groupwise and one of the nice things is that it includes the MIME.220 attachment with the message that allows you to tell where the message originated from. Very helpful for security reasons. You can also look at properties of the message and tell if the recipient has read it or not. We're in a pilot to convert to Exchange 2003 and my question is it possible to turn on a feature of Exchange so it can do this also or does it not do it? Appriciate the help! Rick C <Rick C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Currently our organizati...

color coding the tabs on excel sheets and bolding them

tab control question
I have a form with a tab control with about 15 tabs. Each tab is populated by a subform (the entire tab is the subform). The intent was to make the form modular and flexible. I have about 50 subforms in use, and depending on which layout the user selects, 15 are loaded on the tabs. Problem is, this is too slow. If I loaded all subforms in the background (not on the main form) set to visible=false, then loaded the already open subform on my tabbed form and set it to visible, would this help speed things up? Any other ideas? THanks so much. -- sam smk23 wrote: > I have a form with ...

Tab-Delimited Reports
My tab-delimited reports are not showing correctly. The columns are not lining up the data and sums. Does anyone know of a fix for this? We have some reports that are 60 pages long and scrubbing them is not an option. Please help. There is no easy answer. What I have been recommended is to modify the reports to take out a lot of the header and footer information and make sure columns line up. An easier answer, in the long run, is to use a report writer or SmartList to create and export to Excel. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Matthew" wrote: > My tab-delimited reports are...

C# NG in de.comp.lang.* ??? New Info!
Hallo, fand gerade diese Meldung in d.a.n.g: | de.comp.lang.csharp - Einrichtung (eingegangen: 10.5.2010) | Proponent: dr_logic@gmx.net (Ulf Kadner) | N�chste Aktion: 1.RfD | Verfahrensbetreuer: Michael Ottenbruch | | Kommentar: Proponent reagiert abermals nicht auf Anfragen; Verfahren | verf�llt am 16.6.2010 | Was ist los? Kein Interesse mehr am Umzug? Mir pers�nlich kann es eigentlich egal sein ob die C#-Gruppe eine neue Heimat sucht oder nicht, denn ich bin ausschlie�lich an VB6- und VBA- Programmierung interessiert. Doch Euer Verhalten wirft ein ...

"Tab Order for Specific Fields"
Is there a way to select specific fields, that once an item is entered in that specific field it would select a another specific field? I hope this make sense. Thanks Hi Bernardo, You can affect the way the tab key works by - Preselecting your range (single or multiple areas) of cells - Protecting cells you don't want the user to move to - Event Change macro Worksheet_SelectionChange to prevent entry in certain columns (#ws_sc2) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#ws_sc2 --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages:...

Cell content surrounded by quotes when saving as tab delimited for
When performing a "Save as" a "Tab (delimited)" file in Excel 2000, cells contents that contain a comma are automatically surrounded by double quotes ("). Is there a way to save a file in tab delimited format without Excel automatically encapsulating text data that contain commas with double quotes? This appears to be a known issue, but I have not been able to find a solution. Tried to open the saved file in Note Pad and perform a find and replace, but the file is too big and consequently freezes application. Thanks, Jerry Supplemental: Found a Microsoft Know...

Chart data references not changing to new tab when worksheet is co
I've been on Excel 2007 for two months and I have a recurring problem with worksheets I coded in Excel 2003. When I copy a worksheet that contains a chart, the new chart still retrieves its data from cells on the original sheet. I am trying to create one sheet as a template, then copy it multiple times, and change the data (and graphs) on each new sheet. Obviously I want the charts to get the data from the sheets they are on, not the original sheet. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? This is a problem with Excel 2007. I think if you copy the sheet to a new workbook...

Thank you Convoluted that was the info I needed
Thanks you so much that was the info that I needed. Glad I could help. "Mbsystems" wrote: > Thanks you so much that was the info that I needed. ...

web site info transferred to RMS
Any way to have xcart web info to go into RMS automatically? see https://www.newestech.com - they have a Web integration product that will link RMS to essentially any web store using XML. There are several other integrations out there - of the one's I've looked at New West's is the most open in terms of web sites it will support - the others tend to be tied to a specific shopping cart. Good luck! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post ...

Linking controls in different tabs of one form?
I am trying to create a database and I am having several issues. I would be greatful if someone could advise me. Here are some issues I am having. 1. I am trying to link to a combobox (Job#) on the "Main" tab and make the text control automatically update in the "materials" tab. (All part of one form). Based on what job # is selected in the main form, I want that selection to automatically poplulate the job# text control in the materials tab. I hope that makes sense. 2. Main form Combobox: Category Combobox: Job Name (depends on the category selected) - works fine ...

How do I delete previous info from letter wizard template?
I am using Microsoft Office Word 2003. I found a letter wizard template, in the tool bar at the top of my word document, after clicking on "Tools", "Letters & Mailings", then "Letter Wizard". I am now trying to delete the sender and recipient info from the template. I am assuming that the template is saving these names in a drop-down menu for future use. I have completed my letter, and no longer want this personal info to be left behind. If anyone can help, please respond. Thanks ...

tab names are wrong when printing custom footers (using [&tab] )
I am printing alot of charts for one spreadsheet that contains many tabs. I would like each page printed to have the name of the tab, so I did the following: clicked -page setup, -header/footer --Custom Footer, i clicked on "& [Tab]" for the name of the tab to be printed on the footer for that page. I get additional (incorrect) information after the tab name. Is there a way to correct this other than manually keying in the name of the each tab into the custom footer section? Try using Excel's Detect and Repair feature under the Help menu. It sounds as ...

Excel 2007 Crashes When Clicking "Page Layout" Tab
Hello, I'm having a problem where if you start Excel, even in a blank workbook, and then click on the Page Layout tab Excel locks up. I've ran Diagnostics and it said one item was fixed but the problem remains. This is Office64 on Vista64. Hoping someone might have some ideas here as I've been perplexed. Running all latest updates and everything. In fact the machine is very new too. Thanks, Derek Here are the two Event Log entries: Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 7/6/2009 8:11:53 AM Event ID: 1002 Task Category: (101) Level:...

Unable to see custom Ad-Ins ribbon tab in Excel 2007 + Windows 7
Worked fine in Excel 2007 on XP. This ad in file just links to several frequently used macros. It has been enabled via Excel Options/Ad-Ins, the location of the .xla file is trusted and I get no errors when it is opened. Macro security is set to notify and disable, but I do not get that message when opening the .xla. Is there some setting I am missing when dealing with Windows 7 and macros / VB? ...

can't save info on someone else's spreadsheet
Hi everyone I need help please ASAP I have a deadline. I have sent via e-mail a spreadsheet to someone for them to add their info. It is basically a to do list. When they open the spreadsheet and type in their stuff and then click save all is fine. Info shows. But when they send it to me whatever they have added is not there anymore. What are we doing wrong. Please can anyone help us. Thanks in advance. When you send a file you should save and attach to an email. When they get it it is best to SAVE the attachment> then open> make their change>SAVE and send back to you either ...

How do I enter tasks & other info under contacts?
Under contacts- I can't figure out how to enter tasks. I also can't figure out how to bring up contact files by anything other than location- I don't know how to list catagories, let alone how to enter them by category. For a specific contact, choose the Actions | New Task for Contact = command.=20 If you want to view your contacts by category, use the View menu to = change to the By Category view.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart ...