tab button not working in excel

Help!  I've done something weird in an excel spreadsheet.  I don't know what
I did, but the tab key stopped working.  I reset the transition key checkmark
in tools>options>transition, and now it tabs, but it not from field to
field...meaning instead of going from A1 to B1, it goes from A1 to Q1 or W1!!
I don't think it is password protected, although I am not the only user to
have acess to it.  Any ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
0
Traci (9)

Traci

If any of the cells are unlocked (Format>Cells...>Protection>Locked =
unchecked) and the worksheet locked then the tab key will tab between cells
that are unlocked.  Is this the default behaviour in a new workbook?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Traci" <Traci@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help!  I've done something weird in an excel spreadsheet.  I don't know
> what
> I did, but the tab key stopped working.  I reset the transition key
> checkmark
> in tools>options>transition, and now it tabs, but it not from field to
> field...meaning instead of going from A1 to B1, it goes from A1 to Q1 or
> W1!!
> I don't think it is password protected, although I am not the only user to
> have acess to it.  Any ideas would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Excel Question #21
Hello All, How can I subtract dates to get whole numbers in Excel? I am trying to link DOB's with a chart that rates based on age. example: 12/20/2005 - 12/20/1955 = 50 years old. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Adam Use the DATEDIF function. =DATEDIF(start_date,end_date,"Y") For more info about DATEDIF, see www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "AB" <AB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F613DAF0-519F-4642-8ADB-F7...

Is it possible to record a number with a leading zero in Excel?
I have a number of product codes that have been created with a leading zero eg 0101 . When they are imported to Excel, Excel removes the leading zero. Is there a way that I can set Excel up so that it does NOT remove these (kind of important) digits? I much appreciate your assistance in advance! Jonathan, Format the cells as Text. HTH, Nikos "Jonathan HB" <Jonathan HB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE5EFA1C-F2C5-40C4-B12C-CA3598FF3031@microsoft.com... > I have a number of product codes that have been created with a leading zero > eg 0101 . When th...

Edit : Find....not working between sheets #2
OK... I must admit I do not know how to use that code. Where do I plac it? Thanks. Caroly -- medicchi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicchic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1467 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26301 If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitchie's intro at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm Short course: Open your workbook Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros/UDF's live) hit ctrl-R to view the p...

convert WKS file to 2007 excel
Any ideas? Mike Do you have a previous Excel version that you an open it with? -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "Mike Stewart" <MikeStewart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CEA0B3D-C262-4AD0-ACFD-4DBB762B5985@microsoft.com... > Any ideas? > Mike I have 2003 but it will not open it ether. Mike "Bob Phillips" wrote: > Do you have a previous Excel version that you an open it with? > > -- > __________________________________ > HTH > > Bob > > "Mike Stewart" <MikeStewart@discussions...

using a command button in excel
Hi.. I am making a product price calculation sheet for my company & want to know how i can use a command button. with a command button can be name as ADD & once clicked should save all the details in the current sheet to a cumulative excel sheet. With this i can create a cumulative sheet where i can see all the data i have seleted. Please HELP... Thanks & regards The command button is a tool that creates an event which triggers an action That action is determined by a procedure (macro) which is either attached (button from Forms Toolbar) to the button...

Subquery works..2 questions to learn more
Thanks to Allen Browne, and general reading of the other Posts, I have a Top 5 Aggregate Query working, but I'd like to learn more. 1.... If I use the name of the Aggregate Query in the Subquery, it runs, but much slower than making that Aggregate Query a Table (which I've read before, while it works, is discouraged). Is this observation I've noted the way it is when using an Aggregate Query as a Subquery? 2.. If the Top 5 results are 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 then all the 3s are displayed...they are a tie for 5th place...any way to display onl...

INVOICE DESIGNER NOT WORKING
Could sure use your help. I upgraded from Money 2001 to 2004. I followed Bob Peel's instructions (listed below) without any problem. BUT - when I went to Invoice Designer - I received the following message. "Failed to load "CommonDialog" from comdlg32.ocx. Your version of comdlg32.ocx may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application." I removed Norton again and reinstalled Money 2004 again. Same problem. I upgraded to Money 2004 so I could use the invoice section. Any suggestions? Also, while I've...

open excel
i have microsoft office 60 days trial but i can,t open excel Hi what error message do you get -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "adel" <adel@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F66F7745-2046-473B-9279-3952D201980B@microsoft.com... > i have microsoft office 60 days trial but i can,t open excel this copy is expired? <g> -- keepITcool | www.XLsupport.com | keepITcool chello nl | amsterdam Frank Kabel wrote : > Hi > what error message do you get > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany > > &quo...

Can I open Visio in Excel?
I seem to recall begin able to have an Excel spreadsheet open and using Visio at the same time to incorporate it into the spreadsheet itself. Am I imagining things? You can paste a Visio diagram into Excel as an OLE embedded object. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "new2eku" <new2eku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:375DDB25-25D4-4018-8D92-6A6A51281517@microsoft.com... >I seem to recall begin able to have an Excel spreadsheet open and using >Visio > at th...

XMLSS document to Excel document in .xls format
Hi all, I need to save an Excel Xml document (XMLSS) as an Excel document in .xsl format. Does anyone know some automatic way to do this? Thanks in advance, Dominik. ...

Rules Wizard Doesn't work at all
When I try to use the rules wizard for Outlook 2002 from Office XP It does nothing. When I check to see if it's in the AddIns I can find it but it doesn't appear in the list The menu option is there, but nothing happens ...

Often-Used Code not working in a new Workbook
I have the following code to transfer an option from a combobox to a cell on one sheet. I've used this code several times before in other workbooks, and it works absolutely fine, but, for some reason, in my current project, it just comes up as an error and the 'Range("G11").Select' line is highlighted in yellow. Is there some obvious or uderlying reason for this, does anyone know? The code is: Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Worksheets("How").Activate Range("G11").Select ActiveCell.Value = ComboBox1.Value Worksheets("Statskeeper").Activate E...

Copy Excel to new laptop?
When I bought my PC, I had Excel loaded on it. I did not receive the program CDs. Can I copy the Excel files to my new laptop? How do I know what to copy? Hi JP I think you must buy a new version for your laptop. http://www.microsoft.com/office/howtobuy/default.mspx Your old machine have a OEM version I think on it that belong to that machine. -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "JP" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:202e401c4594d$7560ab80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I bought my PC, I had Excel loaded on it. I did not > rec...

Calendar in Excel #4
Can someone help me with a calendar to use in Excel that can be formatted so as to show special dates, current holidays, etc. WARNING: I need explicit instructions. This sort of stuff is not intuitive to me. Thanks, Dot ...

Can FrontPage 98 work with Windows XP%3f
I run two websites ! I used to work with Windows 98 and FrontPage 98. I now run Windows XP Professional, but my FrontPage 98 will not work. Is there a patch or download that will allow the two to work together again and where can it be found? Post your question in the FrontPage Newsgroup >-----Original Message----- >I run two websites ! > >I used to work with Windows 98 and FrontPage 98. > >I now run Windows XP Professional, but my FrontPage 98 will not work. > >Is there a patch or download that will allow the two to work together again >and where can it be fou...

Outlook not working on MAC o/s X panther
Hi, I have recently upgraded my mac to o/s X and now outlook will not recognize the MS exchange server, other information is that i am booting up with dual systems o/s 9 and o/s 10 as I need to access email at work, please let me know on how to resolve this problem. Thank you. ...

Button click did not run in the subform
I have a main form with Tabbed forms. Within a specific tabbed form called "Form2" I have a subform called frmOWNER which has a SAVE button. But within frmOWNER I have 8 subforms, frmLEVEL1 through 8. On one of the 8 subforms, when a user inserts a record, the SAVE button is clicked. However, you must double-click in order for it to work. MainForm.Form2.frmOWNER.frmLEVEL1 How to resolve the double-click issue? Why didn't it work with just a click? In which event is your code to save the record? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Linda" wrote: > I have ...

Word, Excel 2003 + 2007 on same Win7 computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently, I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Word + Excel 2003, and Word+ Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Word or Excel 2007. But now my opening an old Word or Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .DOC etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. I tried to make t...

email/internet information field/button missing from vendor card?
We have version 9 Business Ready. The users wish to be able to have an automatic email sent when an EFT is sent to a vendor--the actual transactions are not sent through GP so that isn't set up yet. However, I don't see any fields relating to emails in vendor cards. I see it under Internet Information under Setup, but the help (and other postings) says it should be visible on the vendor card. Can someone help? The Internet Info button is right beside the lookup button for the Address ID in the vendor card - you don't see it? Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbour...

excell attachment lost
Question > Opened and worked in an excell attachment I sent myself from work, altered it and "saved" but did not "save as". Where is it saved in this instance? It did not overwrite the previous .xls file nor did it change the mail attachment. Lots of work, now I can't find it and have no idea what filename system may have assigned. Any help is greatly appreciated. -Matthew It could be in a temp file somewhere. Look there or do a windows find files for *.xls and then sort by date. Best to save the attachment before opening the file. "Matthew" <o...

EXCEL FILE IN INTERNET
Hi, Help is this highly appreciated. I am sending the daily report almost across teh country on daily basis. Is it possible to keep my excel file in internet ? so that anyone can read my file (yes, probably we have to allow them, after enter the correct password). also, is it possible to update this file online? Awaiting for your help -Sivassou. ...

Excel "name sheet"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5C2E0.FBC71BC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All. Please tell me what is the formula that it gives back the name of the = sheet excel? As an example, name "sheet1" =3D???? Thanks Marcello ------=_NextPart_000_0050_01C5C2E0.FBC71BC0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&g...

How to export more then 10.000 contacs to excel?
Hi NG, does anybody know how to export more than 10.000 contacts to excel or can i call this a "feature"? Regards Nicolas F=FChrs Hi, I havent tried for 10,000+ contacts...just being curious...did u try exporting the contacts from the option "Static Worksheet with records from all pages in the current view" (this is the second option under that excel icon)? "Nicolas Führs (www.connectiv.de)" wrote: > Hi NG, > > does anybody know how to export more than 10.000 contacts to excel or > can i call this a "feature"? > > Rega...

Close Excel Completely Using VBA #4
E Oveson I sorted this............. What I needed to do is place the Application.Quit part into the Workbook_Deactivate() VBA page, and not within the butto VBA that had the save and close part. So when the button was clicked it Saved........Closed th Workbook...... Then closed the Application using the Deactivate code. Thanks for all your help. Celtic_Avenger :) :) :) :) : -- Celtic_Avenge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1410 View this thread: ...

Sample Code Request for Importing SQL Tables to Excel
Hi, currently, I am using Excel 2000. I would like to do the below in VBA. I am new in SQL Programming in VBA. To help you to understand myself better, I have been programming in VBA for Excel quite sometimes. But for the below, I am totally new. Pls help me. It is urgent. 01) Check that a local pc connected to an SQL Server (This server is located in my office) successfully. 02) Connect to the SQL Server. 03) Open the database. 04) Open a table in this database. 05) Extract this table. 06) Copy all extracted records and paste in one worksheet in my Excel File. 07) Close the table....