suppressing header on page 1 only

How do I put the auto page numbering in the header or
footer, but suppress it on page one only?

In Word, you can start header on page 2 or a new section -
how do you do that in Excel?

Excel doesn't have that option. You could record a macro in which you
print page one, add the header/footer, print the remaining pages, then
remove the header/footer.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd (439)

Master/content pages: prob with passing a control to JS

Viewing / Printing more than two pages at once
I'm working on a publication, and I'd like to get a proper overview of it (balance of pictures etc) However, I can only view two pages at a time. Is it possible to view lots of little pages - say 8-10 at a time? Like you can in Powerpoint. If not, can I print lots of pages on one sheet? In the Print setup I can only get two pages at a time. Only in print preview. On the toolbar there is an icon that you can select to show you multiple pages. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "KMcA" <KMcA@discus...

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

page number
How do I remove page number from single pages, not only frontpage You can either insert a section break either side the un-numbered page and change the numbering in the new section or you can conditionally insert the page number in all the pages using fields e.g. {IF {Page} <> 4 "{Page}"} will insert the page number on all pages except page 4. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mv...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

CRM 1.2 07-27-06
My company wants to move away from CRM 1.2. They want to keep using the CRM database because of the volume of data that resides their. Can they still use the CRM database after the CRM 1.2 license expires? Yes. You own the data. As for the "license", it doesn't really expire. You have the rights to use the software, but you have a support contract which will expire. Once that expires, you will not be able to get free upgrade tot he software, but you can still continue to use the app. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hammer" <Hammer@discussions.microso...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

CRM_URL Issues $1
Ok you really won't get a $1 for this but I appreciate any help. :) I have found a few postings on using the CRM_URL. I am using CRM 3.0 and developing the report in VS22005 linked to the production database. One that was some help is at the bottom of this page. My report has 11 data sources only one of tthose being used for the main table that I want to link the Opportunity CRM_URL with. The others are either for filter drop downs. I am not able to get this to work and I believe that I am linked directly to the database as I set up a direct connection to the database and although there ...

How does MSCRM 1.2 handle conflicts in synchronization w/ Outlook?
I know that MSCRM in v1.0 is "last in wins". Is this the same with v1.2? Thank You, Do Do wrote: > I know that MSCRM in v1.0 is "last in wins". Is this the same with > v1.2? Yes. -- J�rgen Beck MCSD.NET, MCDBA, MCSE, MCT MCP CRM Application/Installation/Customization www.Juergen-Beck.de ...

collating multiple page catalog
I recently got a HP business inkjet 1100d-previously had HP 932. Multiple page catalog in Pub 2002. Was able to print multiple copies & collate with 932. Now Pub will not collate. Word will collate. I tried the old 932 with the catalog after installing the 1100 & it will no longer collate. HP says it probably is a software problem since it works with Word. HELP & thanks ...

Extra pages in form printing
I have a form that exceeds a single printed page. When it is printed extra pages are produced. The extra pages occur after the first printed page but before the rest of the page of the form is printed and another extra page after the rest of the page is printed. The extra pages contain the same background used in the form. In design view I've made sure to shorten up the background to be even with the footer but it doesn't seem to help. Any suggestion on how to get rid of the extra pages in my printout? Thanks. -- Linda I still do not understand why people print forms. For...

Excel: Allow to turn on / off automatic header selection in sorts
Is there a way to turn off automatic selection of header rows in Excel when sorting data? I routinely sort a section of data by the first three columns, and a majority of times Excel wants to make the first row selected a header row. Extremely annoying. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

I'm looking for a cookbook page format
Final copy will be bound in 6 x 9 inch format (book size). Thanks :) 2 recipes per page I'm thinking. ...

Additional SMTP domain to Exchange 2003
After reviewing similar posts, and following the step-by-step instructions as outlined in "Q268838 Configuring Exchange to receive mail for multiple domains" (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=268838), I still cannot get my Exchange server to accept mail to this new SMTP domain. My setup: -SBS2003, with ISA installed. -MX and A DNS records have been added to zoneedit (our nameserver) Recipient Policy Settings: -Only Default Recipient Policy setup (already tried adding additional R.P. with new domain) The Default policy looks like this: (Priory = Lowest) Filter rules: (mailnickname=*...

create a button when pressed it will +1 to another field
Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will add 1 to another existing field and every time it is pressed it will add another 1. Private Sub Commandbutton1_Click() Dim myRange as Range Dim myNumber as Long Set myRange =3D ActiveSheet.Range("a5") '<=3D=3D change myNumber =3D myRange.Value myNumber =3D myNumber + 1 myRange.Value =3D myNumber End Sub susan On Nov 24, 9:25=A0am, mswisher <mswis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Customer Survey- When a button or cell is pressed once it will...

Bad break field in an additional Header or Footer. Recheck.
Friends, I am trying to add a third party field in a report, with the steps provided in Integration Guide. But I got the following error. “Bad break field in an additional Header or Footer. Recheck.” This error comes in spite of removing third party field from the layout. If anyone can help regarding this, let me know. Look at the Additional Headers and Footers. If you have changed the index used or changed the additional sort, you might have an additional header or footer which is trying to break on a field no longer in the index or sort. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development C...

shrink excel page to print out standard size
I would like to print out an excel page on to a standard sheet of paper. Can not figure it out. In Page Setup>Page look at "Fit to" 1 by 1 Depending upon the size of the printrange the printout may not be readable. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 11 May 2010 15:50:03 -0700, clara <clara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to print out an excel page on to a standard sheet of paper. Can >not figure it out. ...

Email 3 page newsletter
Trying to email a 3 page newsletter all at once using the send email feature. Publisher only allows 1 page at a time. There has got to be a way to send more than 1 page without having it as an attachment -- bob07 Create the newsletter as one long page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "bob07" <bob07@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B94C8DF-1612-4B04-95F7-C6722E4324D8@microsoft.com... > Trying to email a 3 page newsletter all at once using the send email > feature. > Publisher only allows 1 page at a time. There has got to be a way to send > more tha...

create 2 user in 1 outlook
1. how can i create or add a user in the same outlook mail? 2. how can i create the folder in inbox for the different user in the same mic outlook? 3. can i use the same mic outlook for my mail, means that i just share the mic. off. your regards, k3chikz What version and mode of Outlook are you using? You will need to create either Outlook Profiles or Windows Profiles depending on the answer. Post this information and someone can help you out. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the arc...

Footer on last page
I want a footer to appear only on the last page of a form. How do I accomplish this? The form could have from 1 to 5 pages. Hi Line You can do it with a macro Try this to print the activesheet Sub Test() Dim TotPages As Long TotPages = Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro("GET.DOCUMENT(50)") With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .RightHeader = "" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=1, To:=TotPages - 1 .RightHeader = "Your Header info" ActiveSheet.PrintOut From:=TotPages, To:=TotPages End With End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rond...

Print Preview different from Page Break View
Hi all, i have a excel form which i can see all the contents when it's in the normal page break view but when i preview the form, the right part of the form cannot be seen. The printout is the same as the print preview. Why is there a discrepanices between the page break view and the print preview? I ve checked, both the page setup for the excel file and printer setttings are the same. Is this a bug in Excel 2000? How can i make the print preview the same as normal page break view? Thanks in advance. ...