Suppress toolbar at opening

Hi ng
using office xp pro
reviewing toolbar continues to open with any spreadsheet launched
how do suppress or turn off?

thanks
goss

Hi Gossamer!

Have you tried:

View > Toolbars
If Reviewing has a check against it then selecting it will remove that
check.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)
"gossamer" <gossamerpro@nospam.cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi ng
> using office xp pro
> reviewing toolbar continues to open with any spreadsheet launched
> how do suppress or turn off?
>
> thanks
> goss

0
njharker (1646)
7/14/2003 7:46:12 PM
goss

Try these search results from google

http://snurl.com/1smf

Gord Dibben  Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:18:48 -0700, "gossamer" <gossamerpro@nospam.cox.net>
wrote:

>Hi ng
>using office xp pro
>reviewing toolbar continues to open with any spreadsheet launched
>how do suppress or turn off?
>
>thanks
>goss

0
gdibben (257)

Cannot open outlook at all
I have never used outlook, Now I was told that is better to forward all my e-mail addresses to outlook but the problem is that I cannot even open outlook. a popup window comes on and this is what it says... Unable to display the folder. Microsoft outlook could not access the specified folder location. The DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX. DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. Please I really need help. thank you very much, Alicia Origel See if the information in the following MS...

Who can open Cases?
Recently, I am reading online courses from microsoft. About cases, a sentence confused me: "Cases can be opened by either a customer or a Customer Service Representative" ??? What it means? Customer can logon to CRM and open a case???? Sorry, I got it. It just say the customer submitted some thing and then a related case should be created in CRM. The "open" is not the operation on CRM. "Goldensun" wrote: > Recently, I am reading online courses from microsoft. About cases, a sentence > confused me: > > "Cases can be opened by either a cu...

Open hidden sheets from a drop down list selection
I have a file with many hidden sheets eg Sheet1, Sheet2...Sheet50. What I want is some code which looks at the selection from a drop down list (on a visible sheet) and the open that sheet. ie if I select Sheet5 from the drop down list, Sheet5 becomes visible. I then want to hide it again once I have finished with it (I can do that bit!). The reason I am doing this is because otherwise I will have too many sheets to tab through. Any thoughts? Ant Manually you can leave the sheets unhidden but right-click on the sheet navigation buttons at bottom left to get a 15 name list of sheets with...

How do I create an account in Exchange that can open any mailbox in the domain?
Hi, As a generic (but mostly desktop) Windows guy at my last organisation, I once used an excellent little article to setup a administration account for Exchange that could open any mailbox on the organisation for test / troubleshooting purposes. I would log in to the client machine using that logon and then configure the mail profile to match the server\mailbox of the account I wanted, and then it would open up the user's mailbox in Outlook. Unfortunately, I cannot remember how to do this, although I know it was very simple. I am sure this question will irritate many due to its low level...

opening a new document w/ a custom stencil open
I have created a custom stencil for users in my workgroup and saved the file to a network directory. Currently, to use it we do FILE>SHAPES>OPEN STENCIL and navigate to the file. I'd like to make this more transparent. What I'd like to do is have something where the user does FILE>NEW and when I get the "Choose New Drawing Type" I'd like to insert my custom 'templates' (not sure if that's the right term in Visio) and when the user selects one of those it opens the editing window w/ my custom stencils already loaded. IOW, I want it to work just like o...

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Workbook Not Shared, Still Opens?
We have one user on our LAN with a Laptop and docking stations. For some reason, when he opens certain Excel spreadsheets, other users can still open them without getting a warning message that another user already has it open. Other spreadsheets work as expected (the second user gets the warning message). I don't see any obvious differences in the worksheet properties or Tools (these are Not Shared workbooks). Any idea why this is happening? What should we check? Thanks. ...

windows installer starts whenever office application is opened
I have recently reloaded MS office 2007 on my computer. Everytime any office application is started windows installer window opens up saying that it is configuring office 2007. It goes off after some time and application loads and works normally after that. It is considerably slowing launching of the application and is not allowing me to load outlook connector. regards This can happen if you are running multiple version of Office: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may ben...

open and close form with one OnClick
I would like to be able to open a form by clicking a button, once that form is open and a variable is transferred, I would like to close the original form. I have tried to embed a DoCmd.Close acForm "formname", into a "OnClick" event procedure, but I still have the first form open. Need it in 2000 format. Thanks for any help! Jeff, On the close button of form1st put this code DoCmd.OpenForm "form2nd",,,,,,"value of variable" DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name Jeanette Cunningham "Jeff @ CI" <JeffCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

POS not opening (Printer issue)
Problem: When I have the HP A794 thermal printer connected and a 2nd printer(Brother Fullpage printer) is connected to the computer store operations POS will not open. I do not have the brother configured inside RMS, it is configured in windows only. When POS does not open I have to close it from task manager. The only way I can get POS to open is to open manager first and then open POS. Any other way will not work. I took the brother printer out of the equation and everything works fine with just the A794 plugged in. The A794 is running on a OPOS driver. Any suggestions ? I am pretty sure i...

How do I open a 2003 version of Publisher with the newest version
please hep me...it would be great to know how to do it. Thank you... I'm thinking you need to reword your question...2003 *is* the newest version. -- John Inzer "sidewinder is my display name" <sidewinder is my display name @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36B1B00-30F2-496E-ACD2-613EA0BD14F4@microsoft.com... > please hep me...it would be great to know how to do it. Thank you... Like John said, Publisher 2003 *is* the newst version. Have you been trying to open .pub files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "sidewinder is my display nam...

Publisher cannot open the file #6
I pastor a small church and want to print out donations for 2007. I keep an ongoing document with a separate page for each donor. We have not upgraded Publisher or made any changes to it. Today I tried to open last year's (2006's) document to compare with this year. I got an error stating: Publisher cannot open the document." When I tried to open the 2007 document, I got the same error. Microsoft suggests contacting Symantec because it prevents Publisher from opening a document from a previous year. I don't own Norton's virus protection. I have not upgraded from an...

Can't open other's Calendars?
Since we moved Exchange 2003 to a new server I'm not able to open some user's calendars from my Outlook. The old Exchange server was a DC, but the new one is only a member server. I was able to open all calendars before the conversion. Any ideas? Check the permissions on the user's shared calendar. You can do it from their Outlook "Folder" view, Alt-click Calendar -> Sharing. Make sure your account is on the list with at least "Reviewer" access. Cwhitmore wrote: > Since we moved Exchange 2003 to a new server I'm not able to open some > user'...

open workbook directly to chart
I have an intranet app that navigates to various types of documents, including .xls files, stored on network drives. Some docments have the relevant data buried among irrelevant (for my purposes) worksheets and ranges of data. I have found that I can go directly to a cell or named range by opening the file with this javascript command: window.open('directoryName/FileName.xls#WorksheetName! CellOrRangeReference')" But now I have a document with several tabs that contain charts only, rather than worksheets. The above command does not work without a cell or range reference....

rules will not open
I am trying to activate the Rules Wizard from the Tools menu...it is available, but when I click, nothing happens. Any suggestions? What version of Outlook? What folder are you in when you try to activate the Rules Wizard? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Matt <mattgeorge1362@msn.com> asked: | I am trying to activate the Rules Wizard from the Tools | menu...it is available, but when I click, nothing | happens. Any suggestions? ...

when opening excel I receive a message that says file can't be fo.
When I try to open excel, I receive a message that says Files\microsoft.xls could not be found. Check spelling of the file name and verify that it is correct. I click ok and then get a message saying Office\office11\excel.exe could not be found ... with same message. I'm clicking on the desktop shortcut but this happens even when I go to programs. This started happening not too long ago and I thought XP might have had problems with my office 97 so I just upgraded to Office Small Business 2003 and have the same problem. Ken Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Optio...

Sr. Accountant / Great Plains Power User
As Sr. Accountant you will have traditional accounting responsibilities including: oversight of accounting processes (ad sales, sales commissions, billings, collections, AR, deferred revenue, accruals, queries, etc.); month end closing procedures; account reconciliations; journal entries; month-over-month financial flux analysis; financial statement preparation; ad-hoc reporting and analysis; process improvement. In addition, this position will serve as the Sr. Technical resource for accounting systems and tools, as well as accounting process / procedure automation. Duties here will include:...

Outlook opens automatically
I am running WinXP Pro, using Outlook 2003 (connected to an Exchange server). When I (or anyone in the domain) logs into this computer (a Compaq laptop) Outlook opens automatically. If you close it, it immediately opens again. If you minimize it, it will pop right back up. If you try to open an email, the main window comes to the front so you can't see your email. I have searched for viruses using several methods,and nothing has come up. All current patches have been installed. We had the same problem about 2 months ago, and formatted the hard drive, since the tech department had no...

Combo box opening forms.
I have a form with a combo box with some data in it. When a user clicks the data in the box I want to open the related form. What would that code look like? "rsm169" <reiglebegal@STOP_SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:C1382534-F6C1-460A-8A00-BFDA26D113C5@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a combo box with some data in it. When a user clicks the > data in the box I want to open the related form. What would that code look > like? You mean the user selects somthing in the combo box? You would use the after update event of the combo box. You'll have to exp...

Merging toolbars
Does anyone know how I can merge two toolbars into one toolbar permanently. I've tried dragging the toolbars, but anytime I restart Outlook, it goes back to the default. You can't really merge toolbars. You can drag buttons off one onto the other, however. If your toolbar customizations aren't sticking, search for and rename your OUTCMD.DAT file after closing Outlook. This file is usually located in C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\. You may need to select the option to show hidden files and folders from My Computer | To...

cannot open old files
Hi, I have just downloaded Publisher 2003 on my laptop. When I click on an old file created with Publisher 2000, I get a message that says that Publisher cannot find the file that I specified and the dialogue box will allow me to search for it on my hard drive. I read the other threads and disabled the anti-virus software but that didn't seem to do anything. Help! -- Elsa Larsen elsa larsen wrote: > Hi, I have just downloaded Publisher 2003 on my laptop. > When I click on an old file created with Publisher 2000, > I get a message that says that Publisher cannot find the ...

Outlook 2007 opens instead of Windows Mail when e-mail address is clicked on?
We do all our mail and newsgroup work using Windows Mail, but when we click on a email address receieved in a message or at a site (example: johndoe@here.com) Outlook 2007 opens and tries to take over instead of Windows Mail. We never use nor setup Outlook 2007 so I'm not sure why this is acting as the default mail service. Can someone please tell me how I can set our computer to open Windows Mail when we click on a email address? Thank You so much in advance. You're in the Windows Live Mail newsgroup. You want the Windows Mail newsgroup. Windows Vista Mail Newsg...

Lost Formatting toolbar in Publisher
I've lost the formatting toolbar in Publisher 2000. The formatting toolbar is checked but doesn't show up. The formatting toolbar doesn't show until you have something to format. You can pull it down to the work space and let it float There are only two dimmed icons on the format menu when it is not in use. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mattie" <mattie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D04FBAA6-726E-4915-85BE-A89F888944CD@microsoft.com... > I've lost the format...

Opening other peoples mailbox
I have exchange 2000 and exchange 2003. When I move a mailbox to exchange 2003, I no longer can open that particulare mailbox in outlook. I am an administrator in exchage, and in exchage 2000, I could add a persons mailbox to my folder list and view all of their folders. The error I get in outlook is "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access the specified folder location." I also have noticed when I go into E-mail accounts in outlook 2003, on the Advanced Tab under "open these additional mailboxes", the mailboxes on Exchange 200...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...