Superimposing Page Numbers On Worksheet

How do you superimpose page numbers onto worksheets.  I
have done this but cannot remember how I did it.  This
function is quite helpful with large files when only one
or several pages must be printed.
0
whlanum (1)

Bill, I think you want page break preview, view, page break preview

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Bill" <whlanum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do you superimpose page numbers onto worksheets.  I
> have done this but cannot remember how I did it.  This
> function is quite helpful with large files when only one
> or several pages must be printed.

0
newspab (272)

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving
Hi! Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item receipt? My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto assign this. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Yes indeed, I created one for a client. You probably will not be able to use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone. The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we added a suffix and b. copy the previous lo...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

Menu Page
I'd like to make a menu page with buttons to jump between spreadsheets of a workbook. I will turn off the tabs at the bottom in order to do this, but I'm looking for code for my menu buttons to flip to each spreadsheet. Also to return to the menu from a specific spreadsheet, I'd like to use a right click to jump back to the menu. Can someone help me with this. I'm used to programming in MS Access, so programming in MS Excel is a new venture for me. Thanks, PC How about an alternative... Create that index worksheet and put hyperlinks to A1 of each sheet. And then put a hyp...

Forms & Worksheets
I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is this possible Charlene, Setup you data in ordered columns, with headings in row 1, then menu Data>Form. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charlene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8A03DD4-85DB-4F80-B94A-C568FB95531E@microsoft.com... > I want to create a form in word that will automatically add entered info into an excel worksheet? Is th...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

matching columns of numbers

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

Determine number of rows with data

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Compare entries in 2 worksheets and list what does not match
Good Day All; I have 2 Excell works sheets with approx 14000 rows each. What I would like to do is compare both lists and get a 3rd list that shows what entries do not match. Is there a simple way to do ythis in Excel Thanks All Chomp Assuming A1 should equal A1 in the other sheet... =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",Sheet!A1&" does not match "&Sheet2!A1) Auto-Filter for non-blanks. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "The Chomp" wrote: > Good Day All; > > I have 2 ...

Converting number to text

Sequentially number lines automatically