summing cells of Time

I got an answere to my other message but the trouble is it
did not work -- --when summing a group of cells that have
time in then the help says use this formula =Sum
(cell:cell) if it is to be more than 24 hours the formula
is =sum(cell:cell)*24    the trouble is nomater how I
format the cells it still comes up either 0 or 0:00

Hi
format your target cell with the custom format [hh]:mm to prevent the
rollover after 24 hours

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Don Scarbrough wrote:
> I got an answere to my other message but the trouble is it
> did not work -- --when summing a group of cells that have
> time in then the help says use this formula =Sum
> (cell:cell) if it is to be more than 24 hours the formula
> is =sum(cell:cell)*24    the trouble is nomater how I
> format the cells it still comes up either 0 or 0:00

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Just got back into Money for the first time in 4 days...
However, now that I have downloaded transactions from my financial institute, I cannot view them. Normally, they would be in bold and I could limit a view to just those by clicking the "view unaccepted" filter. However, no matter what I do, I can't see these transactions and Money tells me I have 9 new transactions on this account. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >However, now that I have downloaded transactions from my >financial institute, I cannot view them. Normally, they >would be in bold and I could limit a view to just those by >clicki...

Run-time error '380' Invalid property value.
I am using an Excel 2003 VBA UserForm to enter data onto a worksheet. On the UserForm I have a Navigation bar to navigate through the records held on the worksheet to view them on the form; i.e. First, Next, Previous and Last. The navigation bar successfully locates each record and the code I use to gather the data from the worksheet to display on the UserForm also works successfully, see below ‘Sub FillInData()’ The Navigation bar also has a button to enable me to save a new record onto the Worksheet and then sort the records into the required sequence. As soon as a n...

Excel wants to create a page break in every cell!
After saving revisions in an Excel worksheet, I get a popup message that states "Margins do not fit page size". After clicking "ok" (because this is my only choice) a page break is automatically created in ever cell. At times(depending on the sizeof the work sheet) it can be over 100 pages with a page size 14% or smaller. Why does this happen, and how can I avoid it? I saw this suggestion in a different forum. Try closing excel. Clean up your windows temp folder Windows start button|Run type: %temp% and hit enter Clean all those files that you ca...

how do I make the cell expand to fit my text as I type?
I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around. Only way I know, is to move your cursor to between the row number of therow you want to adjust and the next row. The cursor changes shape into an up/down arrow. Click and drag till you see all. Double clicking will also not work "pnwwoman" wrote: > I merged some cells across the width of a spreadsheet and i can't get the > cell to increase it's height as more text is typed in wraps around. If cells are merged. ...

How do I copy a cell from one worksheet to another worksheet
Hi On sheet2 =Sheet1!A1 Regards Roger Govier skywriter wrote: ...

Columm sums
Hi all Thanks for help in the past & future I have a columm of numbers to be added There are about 1200 of these running say from cells C1 down to C1200 I normally use the =SUM(C1:C1200) function but often I only want to total part of these - say from cells 250 to 650 I usually manually change the function each time - I am wondering if there is some function I could use where I could input say into cells B1 and B2 the numbers of the range of cells in the C columm I want to be totalled Many Thanks Alex Hi Alex, If cell A1 contains the row no to start from - say 6 and cell A2 has...

Deleting cells within a row
I am not exactly sure what has happened. I have a worksheet with a number of rows and function within the rows. I would like to delete part of a row F6:M6, and shift things up. Normally this is never a problem, however when I right-click and select Delete I only get the option to delete the entire row or column. Any idea what may have happened? Thanks, Pablo Select the actual headers and not just the data (i.e., select the columns H thru F and then right click and select Delete. HTH and makes sense. ...

Find Average of cells having formulas
How would I calculate the average of a series of cells having a formula where the result is >0? i.e. ((G5-E5) + (S5-Q5))/ Total events Or do I have to calculate the end result to a new cell prior to finding the average? Thanks for your help I am not fully understood your question, I supposed that the total event = number of row in the series =sum(if((g5:g20-e5:e20)+(s5:s20-q5:q20)>0,(g5:g20-e5:e20)+(s5:s20-q5:q20)))/count(s5:s20) this is an array formula, not need to type { } in your formula, press crtl+shift+Enter "Dale" <dale@nospam.com> ���g��l��s�D:%23fZPLP...

Split cells VBA
Hi everyone, I've been using the following (kindly supplied by Rick Rothstein) to split address items. Sub SplitCells() Dim X As Long Dim Z As Long Dim LastRow As Long Dim Sections() As String With Worksheets("Sheet1") LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For X = 2 To LastRow Sections = Split(.Cells(X, "A").Value, "/") For Z = 0 To UBound(Sections) ..Cells(X, Z + 2).Value = Sections(Z) Next Next End With End Sub I now have lots of single sheet wkbks which have named sheets. I've tried taking t...

Hiding Cells
How do you hide cells without having to hide the entire column or rows? Hi McNiwram! You can hide the contents by formatting the font the same color as the background. You can hide formulas in the formula bar by using: Format > Cells > Protection Place check against "Hidden" OK Note that this doesn't come into effect until the worksheet is protected using the Tools menu. -- -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. "McNiwram&...

default cell format
Is there a way to change the default cell format? Most of the people I talked to prefer top/left justified and are constantly changing to this from the default. Hi Chris, One way would be to create templates book.xlt for new workbooks sheet.xlt for sheets added to exisiting workbooks Templates, book.xlt, sheet.xlt, and beyond http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/template.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm ...

Force Hyperlinked cell to appear at top corner and sort problem
I have created a workbook with a main page where I have hyperlinks to many work sheets within the same workbook. Some hyperlinks goes to same worksheet to different cells. Problem is in such worksheets When I click on the first hyperlink the control (focus) goes to the top left corner, but when I click on 2nd or 3rd Hyperlink for the same worksheet, the control is going to a cell displayed at the bottom left corner instead of top left corner. Is there any way I can force the hyperlinked cell to be displayed at top left corner always When I sort the main sheet columns, I loose the Hyperlinks ...

Sum of the Largest Values
Hi. I have a gradebook. I have 16 assignments, and thus have 16 columns for scores. However, I would like to include ONLY the highest 10 scores in the final grade. In other words, how can I find the sum of the largest 10 values in a 16-cell range? Thanks! =SUM(LARGE($A$1:$P$1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:10")))) arary entered using CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Best wishes to all, and hope f...

Setting Hard Hyperlink in cell
How can I set the hard hyperlink in a cell or change it? I can do it mannually though Insert Hyperlink, but how can I do it via programming function? Thank you in advance for anything. Mike Hi Mike, If you want a hyperlink you can change you might want to consider using the HYPERLINK Worksheet Function. As far as changing the Inserted Hyperlink such as changing the prefix to another prefix: http://google.com/groups?as_umsgid=e6%23fCptFCHA.2280@tkmsftngp12 Other things you might want to do with Hyperlinks can be seen in http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/bujildtoc.htm --- HTH, Dav...

set up a worksheet in excel like a check register with auto sum
I would like to set up a worksheet in Excel for my check registor that will automatically give me the balance. jthhousing, have a look here and see if this will do what you want, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010186511033.aspx If not I have one set up, if you would like to have a look at it let me know and I will send you a copy -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "jthhousing" <jthhousing@d...

Test cells for values if date matches
I have the following formula: =IF($AT$122:$BX$122=K$4,(IF(OR($AT$147:$BX$166="R"),"R",IF(OR($AT$147:$BX$166="Y"),"Y","G"))),"G") AT122 to BX122 contains a date (not all dates for a month are present) K4 contains the date I need to report on AT147 to BX166 contain the processing status by site for each date. I am trying to get the cell I am reporting in to display an "R" if any of the cells in the column that corresponds to the date that matches K4 contains an "R", if there is no "R", then I w...

compare two cells with non-numeric data
I need to compare two cells (A1 vs B1) that contain letter grades (that is, A, A-, B+, B, B-, etc.) I need to show if one cell (B1) has a higher grade than the cell to which it is being compared to (A1), is the same or has a lower grade. If this were the comparison of number data, then no problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks One thing you could do is to allocate a nominal value to each grade. For example, set up a column somewhere, eg in X1:X10 like this: A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- D E I don't know what grades you are actually using, but I'm sure you can see the idea of list...

use Vlookup for sum all found value?
Hi, I am new here and have a problem hope I can get help in here! I have two worksheet "W1" and "W2" In W1 worksheet, it has a column "emp_pin" which is unique. This value is used in the Vlookup function to find a numeric value "Paid" in W2 worksheet. If "W1" and "W2" are one to one relationship, it will work fine. However I have encountered the one to many relationship, it means one row in "W1" has many rows in "W2". I just wonder if I can sum up all the found value "paid" in "W2". should...

Adding Date and Time?
hello all, I need to calculate a specific value everyday at specific hour and I don't know how to concatenate the time to the TODAY() function. example: I added in A1 the TODAY() function so that gives me 8/10/2006 and I have in B1 cell 5:00 AM, anbd in B2: 8:00 AM, and B3: 13:00,..etc I need only one cell that combines these two cells A1, B1 so I can go ahead and do the same for A1, B2 and A1, B3,..etc does anyone one know how? thanks You can add dates and times together, like: =A$1+B1 and format the cell as Custom and choose a format from the scrollable list. This assumes that ...

Count cells
Why is that my answer to my formula will not update? It was working fine at first not it do not. I want to count text in each cell (eg. A5-A9). The formula I use is =COUNTA(A5:A9). My answer will be 5. When I delete a row the answer do not update. Why? Press F9 to do a manual recalculation. Did that work? Then you worksheet is set to manual recal Open Options (what version of Excel are you using?) and reset to Automatic. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Danni" <Danni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Linking Cells Between Sheets
This very straight forward function no longer works for me. When I enter "=" the cell reference cell changes to "ACOSH" as opposed to "VLOOKUP" on other computers. This will not eference cells on other worksheets within the same spreadsheet and even worse, changes seamingly random cell values in existing spreadsheets, often creating circular references. Nobody seems able to help and a the moment I am considering re-installing office! ACOSH is one of the Trigonometric Functions Simply typing an "=" sign in a cell should not invoke VLOOKUP or any ...

Imbedding Cell into a Label
Hello. Does anyone know if (or how) it is possible to imbed a cell reference into a label. For example: A1: = 20% A10: = "You own (a1) of the fund" Result in A10: "You own 20% of the fund" I would greatly appreciate anyone's assistance. Thank you. In A10: =CONCATENATE("You own ",A1," of the fund") -- Regards, Dave "Raymond Gallegos" wrote: > Hello. Does anyone know if (or how) it is possible to imbed a cell > reference into a label. For example: > A1: = 20% > A10: = "You own (a1) of the fund" > &...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

Blank cells not to compute
I have cells that say if value is equal a certain points will be given if a tie 2 points are given by comparing the score in 2 cells. the problem the games have not been played and is already showing a tie so everybody is gotten their 2 points for the tie and 5 point for getting the score correct blank = blank. How do i do so the cell when they are blank do not compute =IF(COUNT(A$1:B$1)<>2,0,IF(AND(A2=A$1,B2=B$1),5,0)+IF(A2=B2,2,0)) -- David Biddulph "victorio" <victorio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5EA003B-2329-457D-9A9D-9ACC7...

Accepting payments for back orders at order-time
I've just sold 2 dog beds for $230, and accepted payment. I don't have the beds in stock, so RMS has correctly back ordered them, with an associated cusomter record. However, it won't let me apply a payment of the credit card type. When I attempt to save the tender, I'm informed that I can't over-tender for credit cards. RMS help seems to indicate that I should just be able to tender the amount, but it's not working like that over here! I haven't set the option to require full payment at time of back ordering because I want to use my discretion when and how m...