Summarize a column

Hi!

I want to summarize parts of a column E if column D have the value "Yes"
Colum D                Column E
       Yes     kr      30 965,50
       Yes     kr      19 875,00
       Yes     kr        5 400,00
       Yes     kr        5 400,00
       Yes     kr        7 704,70
       No     kr        1 000,00
       No     kr        1 350,00
       No     kr          400,00

The answer here should be 69 345,20

What function do I use and how will it look like with parameters?

--

regards
Zadig Galbaras

0
zadig8714 (16)

Zadig Galbaras wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I want to summarize parts of a column E if column D have the value "Yes"
> Colum D                Column E
>        Yes     kr      30 965,50
>        Yes     kr      19 875,00
>        Yes     kr        5 400,00
>        Yes     kr        5 400,00
>        Yes     kr        7 704,70
>        No     kr        1 000,00
>        No     kr        1 350,00
>        No     kr          400,00
>

> The answer here should be 69 345,20
>
> What function do I use and how will it look like with parameters?

SUMIF
0
gordonbp11 (453)

Sum a column within a named range
Hi All. If I have a named range in a worksheet, how do I sum a single column of a multi column range? I know how to use vba to do this but what would a logical excel formula be? I think I am on the right track. I keep trying things like =sum(_NamedRange(B:B)) but that does not work. Is this even possible? The desired result would have been to sum the 2nd column of numbers in the _NameRange. Any help is appreciated. Thanks everyone. ~ck Chris Kettenbach wrote: > Hi All. If I have a named range in a worksheet, how do I sum a single > column of a multi column range? I know how t...

Align & Compare row with column
Current Scenario: A1: USB 2.0, B1: USB, C1: Type A A2: FW, B2: FW400 A3: Serial, B3: DB-9, C3: RS-232 I have another list. F1: TypeA F2: DB-9 G1: USB 2.0 G2: RS-232 G3: FW400 H1: USB H2: Serial H3 FW What I want is to sort A1:C3 row wise, and it will compare with column F,G & H. if column F matched with row1 then a particular value should be appear. In other words no matter what data lies in A1:A4....its order should be like F1:H1 Thanks in advance. Hi If I understand you correctly, HLOOKUP is the way to go. In A1 type =F1 and copy this through to column C In A2 type =IF(HLOOK...

Column Wrap in Excel
Ok, I have a list of existing values on a spreadsheet. names and apartment numbers in 4 columns total. I would like to be able to insert a new row into the first two columns and have excel wrap the bottom row of values up to the 3 and 4 columns of values. This operation is comon in Word, 2 columns and when the text has reached the bottom the text wraps to the top of the document Can this be done in excel? I'm pretty seasoned with Excel but the person asking me of this is very amature. Thanks in advanc Bryan M, MN Word does a nice job when you use Format|columns. It'll wrap thin...

show day in column B for Date in column A
I want the Excel to show the day of the week in column B for whatever date is entered in column A. Please advise. -- NYBoy ------------------------------------------------------------------------ NYBoy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=8360 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=530201 Here are 2 options: For a date in A1 B1: =TEXT(A1,"DDD") OR B1: =A1 Custom Format B1 to only show the day <Format><Cells><Number tab> Category: Custom Type: DDD Note: DDD shows the 3 letter day (Mon...

Remove columns with all zeros
How can I remove columns that contain all zeros? Is there a macro? I craeted a sumif formula to flag columns subtotaling zero but I need a method to remove these columns. Thanks Try this: Sub RemoveColumns() Dim nLastColumn As Long Set r = ActiveSheet.UsedRange nLastColumn = r.Columns.Count + r.Column - 1 For i = nLastColumn To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(Columns(i)) = 0 Then Columns(i).Delete End If Next End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Nora_GG" wrote: > How can I remove columns that contain all zer...

Help required for copy-pasting columns.
Hi there, i want to prevent users from pasting more than one column at a time in a sheet. So I put in the following code. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If InStr(1, Target.Address, ":", vbBinaryCompare) Then If Sheet1.Range(Target.Address).Columns.Count > 1 Then MsgBox "please copy paste one column at at time. our developers are getting tired of this crap" Exit Sub End If End If End Sub However the trouble with this is that it doesn't allow me to select multiple columns from the she...

Flowing columns
I'm wanting to do a booklet that has parallel versions of a text. I want to import one text document into the left-hand column and another into the right. Each document is multiple pages long. I'm not finding how to do this an any documentation. Do you mean you want to overflow of text to wrap into the right column or do you want to copy (or move) the text from one column into the other? Your use of the word "import" is what's confusing me. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Keith" <wd9get@amsat.org> wrote in message news:ShIIg.2130$o4...

Set the serial number every 15th column
Hi All. I would like to set the serial number every 15th column. For example, A B C .................. 1 2 3 .. .. 15 1 .. .. 30 2 .. .. 45 3 Is there any formula for A column? Thanks in advance SJ In A1 and then copy down =IF(MOD(ROW(),15)<>0,"",ROW()/15) Copy Col A and paste special as values. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It'...

How do I write in both columns when I format my word document?
I am typing a document in word and I need two columns formatted with text in both. I am only able to write in the left column and cannot type in right column. Please help. With "newspaper" type columns, you need to insert a column break to move from the first to the second column. (Page Layout tab>Breaks in Page Setup section of Ribbon>Column) If you want to switch backwards and forwards, maybe you should be using a two column table instead. If you go this route, insert new rows every now and then as exceptionally long rows (spanning pages) can be a bit of an...

"TO" column missing from inbox
I am running windows XP and Outlook. I must have clicked something by accident because when my messages are listed, the 'to' column is gone and I can only see the subject column and time. Have tried everything but can't figure out how to get this back. Thanks for the help What version of Outlook? deborah wrote: > I am running windows XP and Outlook. I must have clicked > something by accident because when my messages are > listed, the 'to' column is gone and I can only see the > subject column and time. Have tried everything but can't > figure ou...

Determine Which Columns Are Hidden in VBA
I have a spreadsheet which will be used by individuals to update an Access database. The columns are locked, but I do allow them to hide columns to make the data more customized. Periodically they will refresh their data from the database. In order to avoid forcing them to reformat to their preference (and thus encourage them to refresh more frequently) I would like to determine which columns they have hidden so I can unhide, update/append the new data, then hide the columns again. The same information would be advantageous, though less so for the autofilter properties. I have tried in va...

Drag a column header here to group by that colum
When we are in outlook and we are on the inbox view we notice a greyed out field above the pane where the email messages in our inbox reside and the pane has the following heading... "Drag a column header here to group by that column". How can we get rid of this field? Thanking you in advance. Jack Right click the column headers and deselect Group By Box -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jack Kuzuian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Altered Column Width
Folks: In use one column of my spreadsheet to import a text file. Each day I run a refresh on the data. However, after refreshing this data, I notice that the width of the column into which data is received gets altered. * How can I prevent the width of the single column from being changed as I import data from a text file ? Thanks, John. Refresh with a macro that has one line to reset the column width columns(5).columnwidth=12 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <JoJo> wrote in message news:uPS8aqkjHHA.4248@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Folks...

Hiding and unhiding columns "toolbar"
I have a worksheet with a "toolbar" that allows me to toggle between hiding and unhiding pre-set columns. I do not have access to the author so I am seeking help. Can anyone tell me how to create and delete this bar? The bar is located at the top of the sheet, just below the customizable toolbars. It has two "checkboxes" on the left, one containing the number one, the other the number 2. By clicking on the 1 or 2 I can toggle between hiding all the hidden columns or unhiding them. But I cannot delete or modify the bar, which I need to do. Can anyone help? You ca...

Possible to select a sample rows based on a column value?
Hi I want to write a query to select columns from 3 tables (T1=120 million rows, t2=200 M and T3 = 9.5 M) grouped by a column in table T3. select count(*), T3.C1 from T1 <..> Join T2 <..> Join T3 <..> group by T3.C1 The question is it possible for me to select top 10 rows or a sample of rows from each group or rows in the above group by query. Should I try using the Over() clause with partition? Is is possible? Thanks NetNewbie (NetNewbie@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I want to write a query to select columns from 3 tables (T1=120 mill...

Font for column letters and row numbers
Without notice, Excel now displays my column letters and row numbers in Arial Italic font. But worse is the fact that every workbook I open now has most cells displayed in Arial Italic font. If I select an entire worksheet and press the Italic button in the formatting toolbar, nothing happens. If I insert a new worksheet, data entry default ti Arial Italic. The default font on the General tab in the Tools Options dialog box indicates that Arial is the default font. The list of fonts that appears when you click the Font button on the Formatting toolbar includes the word Arial, but it&...

Outlook formatting of columns to wrap text in Task view
I have used multi-line layout to view tasks but it does not show in print preview. Is it possible to wrap text if the number of characters exceed the column width? If so, can we print it in the same format? Would appreciate your reply. Thanks. Jay ...

How can I combine a stacked column chart and line chart?
I want to combine a standard stacked column chart with a line that, for example, presents the average value of stacks in each column. This is only possible by drawing manually a line in the stacked column chart, or is there a better trick? Hi, Create your stacked column chart using all the data. Select the series that contains the average data. Change the series chart type to Line. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Huib" <Huib@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73A53D69-E79D-42B6-BC22-63B1B3912DB0@microsoft.com......

Excel +won't +merge cells in a column. Is my formatting blocking .
-- Blue Heeler1 to Outlook User Improvement community & wizards Hi, Rather cryptic message in the body? More details on the cells to be merged and messages returned if any. Cheers, Shane DEvenshire "Blue Heeler1" wrote: > > -- > Blue Heeler1 to Outlook User Improvement community & wizards Ditto Blue Heeler's prob. I want to merge Col. A and Column B. (Last name = Col. A; First name = col. B) I can select both, but where to I find a merge command? The "merge and center" command is not lit up so that won't work. "Blue Heeler...

How do I import external data populate rows instead of columns.
I am trying to find a workaround to a previous problem that involves a column limitation of 256. If I create a delimited text or csv file > 256 fields is there any way I can import the values and populate the rows instead of the columns? That way I could bring in my data. ...

Calculating column and row totals
Can some tell me if there is a way to set excel to automatically calculate column or row totals in a financial worksheet? Hi Provided the formula isn't in the column or row concerned =SUM(A:A) will total all of column A =SUM(1:1) will total the whole of row 1 If you want the formula at the top of column A in cell A1, you would need =SUM(A2:A65536) or =SUM(B1:IV1) Adjust references for other rows / columns -- Regards Roger Govier "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:AvudncGXzeIepDTYnZ2dnUVZ_vGinZ2d@comcast.com... > Can some tell me ...

Multiple line in the column of List Control
Dear all, I use VC++ 6.0 MFC CListCtrl. And, some data displayed in the control contains multiple lines. By default, the control displays the multiple-line text in a single line. In the multiple-line text, it uses "\r\n" (CR-LF). How can I set the column of CListCtrl to display the column text in multiple line like the data cell in Excel? -- Kathy ...

Column Header 03-22-10
Is there a way format the column headers in the worksheet...ie Make the A or B on the column header row bigger or smaller...For some reason I opened up a worksheet and all the column header letters and row header numbers are bigger than normal and I want to get them back to their standard size? I'm not sure but it could be something as simple as View - Zoom -reset to 100% -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Doug" wrote: > Is there a way format the column headers in the worksheet...ie Make the A or > ...

Moving date from 1 column to another based on a value and changing the sing.
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I have seen a few examples that are fairly close to what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to look at a range of data in a column and find all the cells that have a value not equal to 0, then move it one column to the left and change the sign to negative. Below is the columns I have setup: Column A B C D E Cash 15,343.00 0 147.34 0 Petty Cash 0 150.00 300.00 0 name 0 20,000.00 20,000.00 0 w...

Fixed Column Width
Hi, I need to create, for want of a better word, a separator column in my XLS. This column is supposed to be a fixed width, .3, and the user shouldn't be able to make it bigger. Any ideas on how I can get this to work? Thanks! Mark Pick any column (or insert a column: Insert/Columns), then use Format/Column/Width and make it .3. To prevent the user from changing the width, you would need to protect the worksheet, using a password. HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Mark Keogh" <Mark.Keogh.t3r2y@excelforum.com> wrote in message news:Mark.Keogh.t3r2y@excelforum.com... > Hi, &g...