Summarising info from a table with 2 variables

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way of automatically interrogating info from a table
with a series of data in columns, including MONTH and TEAM.  The table
records site visits, with each line recording a separate visit.

In particular, I want to be able to automatically calculate the number of
visits achieved by each team per month.  At the moment, I can't figure out
how to get it to look at all the variables.  A colleague suggested a pivot
table, but I can't make that work either.  Please help!

Many thanks.

Post a small sample of your data, together with details of the columns
you use, so that we can visualise what you have.

Pete

On Dec 14, 5:06=A0pm, Ned Harrison
<NedHarri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to find a way of automatically interrogating info from a table
> with a series of data in columns, including MONTH and TEAM. =A0The table
> records site visits, with each line recording a separate visit.
>
> In particular, I want to be able to automatically calculate the number of
> visits achieved by each team per month. =A0At the moment, I can't figure =
out
> how to get it to look at all the variables. =A0A colleague suggested a pi=
vot
> table, but I can't make that work either. =A0Please help!
>
> Many thanks.

0
Pete_UK
12/14/2009 5:16:00 PM
  Name   Adress Team Month
1                        A        Jan
2                        B        jan
3                         A       Mar

OK, so I have something like the above, recording details from visits made,
including Team and Month.

I'm trying to sort the info by month (and quarter) & team, so that I can see
that (for example) A made 1 visit in Jan and 1 in Feb (and 2 in Quarter 1)
while B made 1 in Jan (and 1 in quarter 1).
Does that make sense?
Thanks

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> Post a small sample of your data, together with details of the columns
> you use, so that we can visualise what you have.
>
> Pete
>
> On Dec 14, 5:06 pm, Ned Harrison
> <NedHarri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm trying to find a way of automatically interrogating info from a table
> > with a series of data in columns, including MONTH and TEAM.  The table
> > records site visits, with each line recording a separate visit.
> >
> > In particular, I want to be able to automatically calculate the number of
> > visits achieved by each team per month.  At the moment, I can't figure out
> > how to get it to look at all the variables.  A colleague suggested a pivot
> > table, but I can't make that work either.  Please help!
> >
> > Many thanks.
>
> .

getdlgitemtext #2
Hi, I meke code from example behind, and not working corectly, buffor "String1" they are no my text in IDC_EDIT1 it is a somthing wrong this bufor, may please send me good idea. void CDialogPASS::OnBnClickedButtonDp2() { CString String1; GetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT1, String1); } mike 1010 Is IDC_EDIT1 an actual control? I've seen this fail when the control ID changes due to editing of the dialog. joe On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:44:33 +0200, "1010" <mig1010@wp.pl> wrote: >Hi, > >I meke code from example behind, and not working >corectly,...

missing buttons #2
I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mails and my send button and now my paper clip button are missing. I've checked in where you can add buttons but they're not in their either. What can I do to find them. Are you using Word as your e-mail editor? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:4E889BAD-E127-4AF8-BC98-7AB117D0B90B@microsoft.com, Sharon wrote: > I just installed the new Office 2003 edtion. I went into e-mail...

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

2 Questions
Hi I run Win 2K with Excel 2K Question 1 I have some VB code in the "Sheet 1" module of my excel file. The code is as follows: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Column <> 12 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False Target.Formula = UCase(Target.Formula) ErrHandler: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub I would like this code to run automatically whenever the file is opened. (I am assuming that this would remove the enable/disable dialog box option when opening the file) Can someone tell ...

Disaster Recovery for CRM 1.2
Does anyone have any documentation on the steps to backing up CRM 1.2? We want to make sure we are backing CRM 1.2 up correctly if the server should go down. We were unable to find any documentation on Microsofts website for a step by step backup solution. Right now we are just backing the CRM databases using the scheduler in SQL; is this ALL that is required and if so do we backup ALL of the databases or just certain ones? The owners of the company want to make sure we can restore ALL of the data if needed. -- Thank You, Troy Hi Troy Microsoft have included details of backing...

Multiple Outlook #2
I imported an Outlook 2000 pst file into Outlook 2003. Now when I open Outlook my Personal Folders appears 4 times in the left hand "All Mail Folders" When I close Outlook it gives me an error and msvbvm60.dll is mentioned. Any help on how to correct this issue would be greatly appreciated. Mick ...

queue stuck #2
HI... i ahve exchange 2003 and i am facing problem that i am getting lot junk email and all messagess are stuck in queue ..after that my server hang so i need to restart server and clear the queue before restart it does't allow me to clear the queue ... pls help me .. tejal ...

Trouble sending emails #2

display name #2
hi i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and not display name (Customer Care) how can i resolve it? Thanks An application should allow you to specify display name for sender. Does it send via SMTP or MAPI? Matrix_pd wrote: > hi > i have this problem: when i send a mail massage from an application by > exchange 2003, in outlook i see the e-mail address (xx@mydomain .com) and > not display name (Customer Care) > > how can i resolve it? > > Thanks -- Please re...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

double lookup #2
In Excel2000, I need help with the following formula: my data is arranged like this ( I can rearrange if needed).. joe pete sue rating 30 10 5 A 20 5 3 B 10 2 1 C I then have values for joe, pete, sue. I want to look up the name and then give me the rating. The numbers may not be exact. For example, I want the output to look like this ( with the formula looking up the rating) name amount rating (formula needed) joe 11 C pete 7 B sue 1 C Can someone please help me with the formula to fi...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Covert v. 2000 -> v. 2.0

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

2 fonts in Chart title in E2007
We are tranferring code from 2003 to 2007 and noticed a change in how VBA reads the following line: ActiveChart.ChartTitle.Characters(5,2).Font.Color = vbred IN 2003, it reads it correctly coloring letters 5 & 6 red. in 2007, it colors the whole Chart title red. It seems that regardless of the start and length I pass into the characters function, the formatting occurs to the entire chart title, not just the characters I wanted. Even recording the VBA in 2007 yields no help as it cannot record the partial font change, even though the GUI allows it. IN 2003 you can reco...

Mastering Great Plains Tables
Greetings, Does anyone have or know where I can acquire a detailed document detailing every single Great Plains table? I've used the data dictionary on and off over the years and have familiarity with a decent number of the important tables that are critical to my work, but is there something a little more detailed so that I can get at least a cursory understanding of *all* the tables? I'm thinking of creating a flash card for each table and on the back writing a brief sysnopsis of what it's used for, then regularly quizing myself. Failing anything else, I'll probably use th...

Change Opportunity Date to Quarter info
Hello, could you help me to convert MS CRM 4 Opportunity Estimate Close Date to Quarter info (and set quarter info to new field) I'll do it on field onchange function. sample : 2010.01.03 change to 2010Q1 2010.04.23 change to 2010Q2 So I need code for onchange funktion :) B.I. On 17 Gru, 15:40, "B.I." <aid...@jdjdjd.lt> wrote: > Hello, > > could you help me to convert MS CRM 4 > Opportunity Estimate Close Date to Quarter info (and set quarter info to new > field) > I'll do it on field onchange function. > sample : > > 2010.01.03 change...

commissions #2
Can I make a mass change to the item properties to in the DB to allow commissions to be paid on all items.My items are currently set not to allow commissions. -- billr Billr3, Maybe, which method did you want? Did you realize that the default setting is to pay commission by sales rep? -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "Open with newsreader" under the MS Ret...

User defined fields #2
Entered user defined fields the way I wanted, however, the software has now put it all in ascending order and there are no sort options available. Any way to correct without having to do it all over? Put in ascending order where?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Darcy W." <Darcy W.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...