SUMIF Question #8

There is no criteria, I just need to highlight as red if the person wa
suppossed to call that firm, but there are many many firms and the
differ from person to person.  I am just looking for the genera
formula

--
mksullv
mksullvn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509

There has to be some kind of criteria... how would the
spreadsheet know whether or not to highlight something?

firms and they
>differ from person to person.  I am just looking for the
general

--------------
>mksullvn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=15097
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

SetupUninstallOEMInf question
Hi, 1. I'm using SetupUninstallOEMInf in my application but Win2k doesn't support this function how do what is the alternate function for win2k. 2. If not, how do I check for OS version such as: if Win2k //Manually deleted OEMInf if xp SetupUninstallOEMInf (); Thanks ...

Sender ID question
in Sender ID do i enter in just the servers that relay inbound email into my network, or do i put in the internal ip address scheme on the network? Also my should i enter in the external interface of my firewall into Sender ID as well? Thanks Can you specify where you are looking at? Are you talking about the General tab on the Message Delivery properties? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21FA5B69-5845-43DE-B093...

hello everybody.. question about .CSV files.. 05-07-10
i have a excel .CSV file that Gmail generated for me with my contacts in.. what i want to do is function that go over all the contacts emails one by one and deletes all missformated addresses that cannot be use to send email for them.. to be honest i dont know anything about excel so i need somthing from scratch.. thank you all very much.. ...

MS exploere question:open link in new window
is there a quick way to do "openin link in new window"? other than right click and select open in new window? is there something like "control and left click"? thanks : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Error message #8
Recurring error message on client running Outlook 2003: "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error(0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Server - SBS 2003 SP1 Client - XP Pro SP2 Any suggestions as to possible causes? -- Ian Van Wyck British Columbia ...

Printer/Cash Drawer question
I just have a general question that I want to confirm my thoughts on and since this place is full of knowledgable people that have been doing this a lot longer than I then I though I would ask for input. I have several liquor stores where I have implemented RMS that use the functionality to ask whether to print a receipt or not for the customer simply as a paper saving option as most people don't want a receipt. Is there any way you can use a windows print driver for you receipt printer, select "Do not print a receipt" during the tender process and still get the cash dra...

Print range question
I've made a spreadsheet with several tabs. In this sheet i've selected a certain print range so only the information i need gets printed. But when i try to print the sheet, or on the print preview everything on the sheet gets printed.. I thought that only things inside the print range (visible on the sheet with a thin line), would be printed... Is there a way that i can define wich range only can be printed besides the print range option? I have made this sheet with Excel2007 and converted it to Excel2003. Is there something gone wrong with this conversion? I cannot reproduce this....

CryptoAPI Question
Hi all, I am a beginner in using CryptoAPI and i'd like to know the answer for a simple question. I am using a CSP ( CALG_RSA_KEYX ) to generate keys. Would the same CSP be present in the machines of my clients who have Windows 2000 and above ? Is it enough to redistribute crypt32.lib along with my application to ensure it ? Bottomline : What do i have to do in order to ensure that my client also has the same CSP ? Thanks a lot in advance. With regards, Koizumi microsoft.public.platformsdk.security is the right newsgroup to post that kind of questions (about Cry...

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

COM question
Hi all, I'm new to COM. My question is with a specific goal, but i guess this a general COM issue, so I hope some COM expert could help me. I developed a webbrowser based on the webbrowser activeX control. When I noticed that it doesn't respond to keys like tab,delete and others, i googled a bit and found that when adding the code below to the WinMain message handle loop it works. The important class is named BrowserWindow and it holds pointers to IWebBrowser2 interface and a CAxWindow object. My question: is it necessary to do in every round of the loop the queryInterface(), release(...

SUMIF Question #10
:mad: I still is not working -- mksullvn ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mksullvn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15097 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267280 1. Patience is a virtue 2. Please don't multipost - keep things in a string 3. See Frank's and my response to your earlier post. >-----Original Message----- > >:mad: I still is not working > > >-- >mksullvn >---------------------------------------------------------- -----------...

=SUM question
New to excel. Can I use a =SUM formula to add a column of times. eg 12:15+03:30+10:00 and have the answer in fractions...in this case 25.75 Thanks See one reply to your post in m.p.e.newusers. Please don't post the same message in multiple groups. It just fragments any answers you get, and potentially wastes the time of those replying to questions that have already been answered. For tips on using these groups effectively, see http://cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm In article <cnr1ol$s9e$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk>, "John Smith" <OrmesbyJohn@hotmail.com&g...

SIMPLE question re Tent Fold Card from a Newbie
Hi I am TRYING unsuccessfully to do the following Using Publisher 2002 I want to set up my own template to print Happy Easter at the bottom right hand corner of a tent card ... Card is: 20 cm wide and 19 cm high when OPEN ...20 cm wide and 10 cm high When FOLDED. I would like wording Happy Easter at the Bottom of the ront on the right hand side ( to start approx 1cm in from teh right hand edge and cover area of approx 6 cms.. I have managed to do this and print this on an A4 page with crop marks BUT I am wanting to use ready made card blanks... HoW can I get his to work I see under p...

Question 04-23-10
Hi All, I have created a database that stores information about gauges/items within our company and tracks it's location, whether the item has changed location, is in a repair state, being calibrated, on loan to a different department, etc. When a user updates a serial number (currently we have generic serial numbers and are putting the correct serial numbers in it's place) the serial number changes and the data is saved to the database. My database has many relationships to keep the data integrety(sp) in check. The problem I am having is that once the user has changed the...

another OGA question
I bought a copy of Office 2007 Pro from an online seller who advertised it as a genuine, new copy. It came in a sealed box with the hologram CDs and installed with no problems using the product key in the box. After downloading updates, I started getting the "not genuine" message after reboots. The seller insists that this is a legitimate licensed product which was purchased from a Circuit City store that was going out of business, and that the messages I'm getting are due to some problem with the installation, not with the authenticity of the software. I ca...

old topic, new questions: VSS and Exchange
I saw in a post on VSS and Exchange in a microsoft newsgroup and I had a quick question. Is there a site (or can you answer) that describes the disadvantages and advantages of using the Exchange VSS Writer vs. using the streaming API? I'm having a hard time picturing scenarios and what I understand so far is that VSS doesn't allow "no loss" restores or "out of place" restores. But what these are is blurry to me. Given that the Recovery Storage Group was touted as an awesome feature for Exchange 2003, is it thus useless if you are using VSS as your backup strategy?...

Category question
I've created categories and have applied to specific people in my email address book in Outlook Here's my question. How to I see a listing of all the emails that are in a particular category. I want to be able to say, import into a word document or something like that. This list isn't huge ... maybe 50 - 60 names, but it would be nice to access from the category rather than having to go into each address and copy paste from Outlook into a Word document. I want to distribute this list of a membership to each of the members and I'm unable to find an "easy" way to d...

E2K7 Storage questions: SAN vs. DAS
I beginning to plan our 2007 migration and have some questions about storage requirements. We are currently using SAN attached storage for Exchange 2003 clusters, but with CCR the shared storage is no longer a requirement. If we stick with SAN attached, we'll need to double what we have to go with CCR. What are most big shops going to do? Stick with SAN or go DAS? What are the details as far as data throughput. Can any DAS offerings compete? It's not quite double I think. On the active node, you need usable space. On the passive node you need usable space + space reserva...

CBitmap and 8 bpp Images
All, I have an 8 bpp image that I load via CBitmap::GetBitmap(). For example: BITMAP myImage; CBitmap bmp; bmp.GetBitmap(&myImage); 1. From my understanding, the bits that are returned are actually indices into the 256 color palette, correct? 2. If 1 is correct, how do I extract the color palette from the CBitmap so that I can look up the real colors in the color palette? Many thanks, John Possibly select bitmap into a DC then call GetDIBColorTable ()? Alternatively - if the bitmap is from a resource - the pointer returned from LockResource() is a BITMAPINFOHEADER/BITMAPINFO s...

tangent excel question
this isnt necessarily an excel question, but it is related in that i affects a spreadsheet im working on. ive been looking for a centerline symbol, but none of the fonts i hav installed seem to include this symbol. it is a blueprint / surveyin symbol that has a L superimposed by a c. i am using CL right now bu would like to use the actual symbol for aesthetics. is there a way i can make a custom symbol or does anyone know where can find a font that would include such a symbol? thank you. i lov excel. ^_ -- lsu-i-lik ---------------------------------------------------------------------...

Pie Charts #8
I am building a pie chart via code. As soon as I apply data labels, the plot area resizes to accomodate the labels. Can I prevent this? I've tried using the plotarea.height/width, etc. properties, but it doesn't seem to help. I have turned off font autoscaling. Is there a similar property for the plot area? Hi, Does this macro help? Sub PieLabels() Dim sngLeft As Single Dim sngTop As Single Dim sngWidth As Single Dim sngHeight As Single With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart With .PlotArea sngLeft = .Left sngTop = .Top ...

Simple lookup question
I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" or "no" would suffice to tell me whether the A1 value exists anywhere in columns B:K. Thanks much, Ryan Try =IF(COUNTIF(B:K,A1),"Yes","No") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "ryanholliday" wrote: > I have a value in A1. I want to look in columns B:K to see if the value in > A1 exists anywhere in those columns (regardless of row). Just a simple "yes" > ...

Cell formatting behaviour question
Hey guys, I have 2 related cases that I dont understand how to get Excel formatting to work: 1. If I imported or copied rows of data (numerical) from another file (Word or Access) into Excel, the data is presented as raw numbers in each cell. Now I apply a formatting (i.e. I want comma separation for thousands, etc.) and it will not show up. However, if i then double-click inside a cell (as if to edit the contents directly), then hit enter the formatting I want shows up... but only that cell. I have hundreds of rows and I really need to force excel to display the formatting i want immediately...

Lost email #8
For some reason I'm suddently losing email when it is addressed to me - it will come in and appear in the "inbox" for a second and then it will disappear. I have sent myself email trying to figure out what is going on with no luck. I can use my husband's email address and the mail will stay in the inbox for reading, but when I go back and send it to mine - it disappears. So far, I have been unable to even figure out where it is going. I have deleted all of the "junk mail" and blocked mail addresses that I had listed, plus I have even added my email address to the...

Email over slow link question.
K, this is a silly question. My boss asked me if a user has dialup and checks his email, is there a way to only download the text in the message rather than say a large attachment thats comes along with the message. SO it doesn't take forever to download the email. I replied with NO. You cannot download just the text in an email, or just the headers in the email, because everything is included as one in the email. Including the attachment. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks I stand corrected, I found the solution. >-----Original Message----- >K, this is a silly question...