Sum of more than one pivot table

I am working with trying to sum 2 pivot tables.
I keep getting extra rows, one named "ROW" with a value
of "0" (Zero). I can remove this item from the drop down
list but ......
Why is it there?
And what can I do to get rid of it?

Ken
0
anonymous (74722)

I should have said, I am trying to do this in a new pivot
table.

Ref: http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot.html#4
The last part of this tutorial, says to sum the 2 pivot
tables.

0
anonymous (74722)

Multi Table Queries
At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? -Pete Pete wrote: >At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears >that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it >is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. > >Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Yes, that's common. You should only edit data ...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

Employee Master Table error after V10 SP3
i have updated V10 to SP3, from SP1, and all seems to be fine except if I try to access the employee master table. Either from cards>payroll>Employee, or payroll transaction entry. Anytime I need to do a lookup on an employee id. Here is the message: A Get Change operation on table UPR_MSTR failed accessing SQL Data If I go to the more information or details button: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'EMPLSUFF' [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'Dex_Row_TS' -- Doug It looks like an upgrade script failed...

Outlook - CPU Spikes
I've got a Dell XPS M1210 - Outlook 2003 Pro We have 4 of these machines - I personally have one as well. Mine works great no problem.... however one of the others is a problem child. I've personally re-installed the OS 4 times on this machine. When you bring up outlook (with Exchange account) I get CPU usage spikes (40%-60%). Explorer.exe shows in the task manager as the culprit. Shut down outlook and it chills down to 0%-2%. Bring outlook back up .... it has a CPU spike heartbeat every 5 seconds or so. I've set the email account on several other machines ... no problem.. so I...

Copying inbox from one account to another on exchange 2003
Hi I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is there a way to do that? I tried copying to the public folder then copying from public to new account - but the dates changed to todays date for all emails! Any thoughts? Use PSTs. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Ali" <Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B67F087A-39D7-4DBA-947D-F20F63574952@microsoft.com... > Hi > I need to copy the inbox of user from one account to another account. Is > t...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Pivot Chart: Stop skipping Dates on X-Axis
I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for each day. Except somedays which may have only the one piece of data from Table 2 or none at all. How do I get the table to automatically fill in all the days whether they have information or not? =?Utf-8?B?UHJpbmNl?= <Prince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5EF53AB-6063-434F-BFC3-43259301751D@microsoft.com: > I have a pivot chart which pulls 2 pieces of information from one > table 1 and 1 from Table 2. All three entries are included for &...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

Pivot table novice
As a teacher we tried a new data analysis tool this year in my school which worked really well... except for the fact that it meant manually filling in a table. I'm sure there must be a more efficient electronic way of doing it, but I'm not really an expert on these things. I want to be able to put in a list of data: pupils names with scores from two consecutive tests. Then I want to produce a table with test 1 and test 2 as the headers, and pupils' initials appearing in the relevant box. I have managed to create a Pivot Table to show what I want, except of course, it total...

Report Sum
I am working on a cost study form for a body shop. Each vehicle will have its own page. I have to be able to add up to 15 different list part totals as well as 15 different net part totals. I then need to add the 7% tax of the list part total to the net parts total. I would love some input on what would be the easiest way to achieve this because I then have to generate a report with by the different companies showing total parts, total labor and total profit ratio. Usually, you want to text put boxes in footer of the form. You have to pull the footer down on the bottom to have...

Pivot charts formatting
Hi, I want to change the formatting imposed by default in a pivot chart and I want that changed formatting to be retained permanently. For example, for my bar chart, for the different series I have selected colours / patterns but every time I refresh the pivot table / chart; excel falls back to its own colour coding. Any way to get around this? Many thanks in anticipation. Not directly. The only way to simulate this is to record a macro of the formatting changes that you make and then set it up to run whenever the PivotChart calculates. Assuming your pivot chart is on a seperate shee...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Sum Days into Weeks
I would like to save myself a whole lot of work please... I have two spreadsheets, one has all the days of the year across the columns, and the next has all the week ending dates across the colums. What I need to do is sum the data in each of the rows below the daily dates into weekly chunks on the same rows in the Weekly spreadsheet. I have also added these up into montly chunks, but there was only 12 sums to do so wasn't too bad. I don't relish having to do 52 of them. Any assistance would be appreciated. If you have *all* the dates for a year across a row then you mus...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

All in one!
It is a lot of all - Hottest Offers - Gifts, Discounts, Sale, Fre Stuff, Freebies, Coupons and more you will find at us. UK Best offers Discounts, Free Stuff, Freebies, Coupons, Gifts, Sale, Hottest Offers 'Coupons, Gifts, Sale' (http://www.freestuffleague.co.uk -- maxaoff ----------------------------------------------------------------------- maxaoffi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3779 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57355 ...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

conditional running sum
Is it possible to have a conditional running sum in access. I have found for Excel but no details for access 2007. I would like to have in a report or query that will have a weekly grouping. I have a query that has calculations in it and that will be by source. I have the following sample fields: Date Adbn% 01/01/09 (Mon) 5% 01/02/09 (Tues) 6% 01/03/09 (Wed) 9% 01/04/09 (Thurs) 6% 01/05/09 (Fri) 8% I need it to end up with the following: Date Abdn% 01/01/09 5% 01/02/09 5.5% Avg of Mon&Tues 01/03/09 6.6% Avg Mon...

CComboBox shows only one item at a time !
Hi All, I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but dropdown shows only 1 at a time (i.e. the arrows of v-scrollbar are stuck together).. How do I remedy this ? Thanks in advance. Ashish Got it... Thanks "Ashish" <abc@def.com> wrote in message news:eqRb$LSyDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > I am using CComboBox control and have tried both dropdown and dropddown list > styles. The problem is that I have several items in the combo box but > dropdown sho...

Auto copy dates from one cell to another
I have a multiple page worksheet. In A8 is for the Employee Name and in B8 is for the date. I would like for this information to automatically be placed at A96 and B96 which is the top of the second page within the worksheet and so on for the remainder of the pages. Position cursor in cell A96 and enter the formula: =A$8, and in B96 the formula =B$8 Copy these two cells to the appropriate cells on the other "pages" of your worksheet. Pete Hi Kelly, In cell A96 you fill out the formula =A8 In cell B96 you fill out the formula =B8 this formula tells excel to take the val...

Open one form with different queries
Is it possible to open one form using a different query depending on what button the user selects. For example: Sort High/Low Sort Old/New Search MRN Search Account# Search SSN I should also mention that this form has a subform. Got it. Below is what I put behind a button on the form for Sort High/Low and it filters using a query. Dim stHighLow As String stHighLow = "SortHighLow" DoCmd.ApplyFilter stHighLow "Sash" wrote: > Is it possible to open one form using a different query depending on what > button the user selects. For example...

Adding Row an keepin correct SUM
This a reverse of my previous question. I have the following; =1-SUM(F5:F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% If I delete the row with 10% and later wish to add a row after the formula, the formula does not recognize the new row. Is there a way to do this? On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 at 12:09:33, Gianni <gianni@gianni.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel : >This a reverse of my previous question. > >I have the following; > >=1-SUM(F5:F7) >10.00% >9.75% >0.50% > >If I delete the row with 10% and later >wish to add a row after the formula, >the formula does not recognize...

annotated schema and bulk loading into multiple tables...
Hi guys, I'm trying to get XML data loaded into a set of tables using bulk load. The child tables also have an XML column where I want to store portions of the XML. So far the I've got it correctly inserting data into the parent, and able to insert the correct amount of rows in the child tables, but the data in the child tables is empty... The child data is an identity column, a foreign key pointing back to the parent row (empty!), and an XML data column holding the contents of the xml fragment (also empty!). Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Daniel. Below is ...