sum data betwen two blank row

I have a file like below
                   sub-total
jan      10
           20       30          <== how to creat a formula to sum data between
                                           blank row ?
feb      30
           10
           10         50

Assuming your data starts on row 2, allowing for headers, put this in
C2:

=3DIF(AND(B3=3D"",B2<>""),SUM(B$2:B2)-SUM(C$1:C1),"")

and copy down as far as needed.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 27, 7:10=A0am, eva cheng <eva ch...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I have a file like below
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0sub-total
> jan =A0 =A0 =A010 =A0 =A0 =A0
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A020 =A0 =A0 =A0 30 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0<=3D=3D how t=
o creat a formula to sum data between
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0blank row ?
> feb =A0 =A0 =A030
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A010
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A010 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 50 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

0
Pete_UK

Summing Alternate Rows
We have spreadsheets with many rows and need to sum alternate rows. Is there a way to do this without entering a formula using the number of each row? -- KarenQ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ KarenQ's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=395115 Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18),2)=1),$A$1:$A$18) That formula sums odd-row values in the range A1:A18. To sum even-row values the formula is: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$18...

open two different Access reports

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Macro

macros entering data

Value is BLANK

Sum a group of numbers
When I first started using Excel, if I had a bunch of different totals on a worksheet, I could hold down the right mouse button and cover the group I wanted to add. The sum of these numbers would appear on the bottom of either the worksheet or a task bar. I have lost the ability to do this. Or I have lost the task bar. How do I get it back? Hi Barbie, That would be the status bar. If it is not showing, go to View>Status Bar to turn it on. If the sum function is still not showing, right click anywhere on the status bar and select which option you want. HTH Martin "Barbie...

find data and autopaste when found

How to place a stable title row?
Hi there! For a scientific analyse I need to create an Excel table with more than 1.000 rows content. Now, how can I create a title row that doesn't scroll with the rest of the content, so one that is always visible at the top, while you scroll up and down the rest of the content. I hope that's possible like this! Otherwise, it will be pretty difficult to enter the data into the correct (of about 15) column. Thanks for your help in advance! One way: Assuming headers are in row1, Select A2. Click Window > Freeze pane This freezes the 1st row, so it always remains in view w...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...