          D           E
2       110	-
3       110	102
4       80	        -
5       66	        -
6       82	        75
7       70	        -

result :          1.84 =(E3/D3)+(E6/D6)
but I mean not manually, maybe any Masters can help me..

Thanks in advance..

You need to describe your problem more clearly. e3/d3+e6/d6 does not result
in 1.84. What specifically are you looking for?

Regards,
Fed

"Are" <Are@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear Masters,
>
> Please help me how to get this result
>          D           E
> 2       110 -
> 4       80         -
> 5       66         -
> 6       82         75
> 7       70         -
>
> result :          1.84 =(E3/D3)+(E6/D6)
> but I mean not manually, maybe any Masters can help me..
>
> Thanks in advance..

0
Fred
2/27/2010 10:26:31 PM
On 2/27/2010 2:06 AM, Are wrote:
> Dear Masters,
>
> Please help me how to get this result
>            D           E
> 2       110	-
> 3       110	102
> 4       80	        -
> 5       66	        -
> 6       82	        75
> 7       70	        -
>
> result :          1.84 =(E3/D3)+(E6/D6)
> but I mean not manually, maybe any Masters can help me..
>
> Thanks in advance..

One way if I assume you are using the entire table.

=SUMPRODUCT(E2:E7,1/(D2:D7))

Returns:
1.84

= = = = = = =
HTH  :>)
Dana DeLouis
0
Dana

Overlapping of values in different tables.
I am wondering if there is a way to create a pivot table - or some other way - that will show the relationships of rows between tables. I have attached data from potentially 4 different tables and the business is wanting to see the number of times that a paticular ID shows up in different table join combinations. For example, we want to know the count of unique IDs will show in the NPS, AAC and ECM tables. Is it possible to create a pivot table that will dynamically adjust based on a user choosing the column combinations that they want to see without having to create a separate pivot...

find location max value in column
I need to find the cell location of the max value in a column. If paste the following [from =(cell onwards] into a cell I get the righ result. Having a hgard time getting the right VBA code to make thi work in an unattended macro. Probably some bonehead mistake on my part but I cannot find it. Suggestions? GOAL is to make this formula work. Range("z2").Formula "=(CELL(e1,OFFSET(e1,MATCH(MAX(e1:e100),e1:100,0)-1,0)))" TIA, Ro -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Column Sum in Footer
Hi, I have created a Tabular report that lists names and weights for different people. I want to create a stand-alone field in the page footer that will display the SUM of all the weights on the report. Can somebody please help me? (I'm using Access 2000 btw) I have tried creating a text box with the Control Source property set as "=Sum(weight)". However, this just produces an error. Thanks in advance. Julie Smith wrote: >Hi, >I have created a Tabular report that lists names and weights for different >people. I want to create a stand-alone field in the page f...

Sum cells using criteria from a row and a column
I am trying to sum cells in a sheet based on matching criteria in a row and matching criteria in a column. The data that I am working with is represented as: Resource: Resource1 JAN JAN JAN JAN FEB Project Project Description 12/19 12/26 1/2 1/9 1/16 Admin Administration 10 10 10 10 10 Holiday Holiday 8 8 Other Other time Off Training Training 20 Vacation Vacation 22 30 10 30 22 I ...

Retrieving default values specified from XML Schema file
Hi All, I have an VS.NET 2003 app which will be processing XML files, some of which will have empty elements (for example, <Item />). I have an XSD file which should supply default values, but I am not able to read these plugged in value using an XMLDocument object. The validation is working fine--it's just not providing any default values. Has anybody tried this? Am I must be missing something? This is one of those that "should be simple..." Here's a simplifed version of the code and XML files: XmlDocument xmldoc = new XmlDocument(); XmlSchemaCollection my...

multi-value field
I'm still learning Access, so I must apologize in advance for my question. I have four tables, tblBrochure, tblStaff, tblOrganization, tblResourceDistribution. tblBrochure has two fields -BrochureName -Active (y/n) tblStaff has two fields -StaffName -Active (y/n) tblOrganization has two fields -OrgName -textbox (0 and 1, explained below) tblResourceDistribution has 5 fields -DistribDate -StaffName (lookup from tblStaff ->Staffname -Organization (lookup from tblOrganization ->OrgName) ...

Problem with draging a formula,one cell value fixed,trivial question
Hi. I have a value in cell A10. Then i have a formula in cell C1 which goes: (A1+B1)/A10. If I drag the formula down to cell C5 the formula for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A11, for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A12,....,for C5 will be (A5+B)/A14. I would like the formula to have the A10 parameter fixed so when i drag the formula down the A10 would always be A10(it wouldn't go up by 1). So the formula for C2 will be (A2+B2)/A10, for C3 will be (A3+B3)/A10,....,for C5 will be (A5+B5)/A10. Please help. Thanks, Marko make your original in C1 formula =(A1+B1)/A$10 then drag down. See help on absolute versus re...

Lookup value selection
Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard and avoid mouse click? -- romeo!! Please clarify. I could use the up and down arrow to select the values and then press "Enter" key to select the lookup value - works for me in v4.0. Frank Lee, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "romeo" wrote: > Is there any way to select lookup value by pressing "Enter" key on keyboard > and avoid mouse click? > > -- > romeo!! ...

where would the SUM icon be if it is not at the top of my screen?
Need to work an exercise where I click on the sum icon to add rows of figures in a spread sheet and the sum icon is not at the top of the screen to click. Why would it go away? It was there last week when I was using the fx function. Would that take it away? Right click on any visible toolbar, click CUSTOMIZE in the drop-down menu and in the dialog box that is displayed next, click the TOOLBARS tab. Select the STANDARD toolbar from the list of available toolbars and click the RESET button on left side of the tab page. Click OK to close. If that doesn't work, click the last but...

Vlookup
Dear all, For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks & regards, Automne Look at the MATCH function in Help. On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:41:39 +0800, "automne" <hersbt_no_spam@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >Dear all, > >For vlookup, it will return the value of the destination cell. Is it >possible to return the row no. instead of value of the destination cell?? > >Your help is highly appreciated. > >Thanks & regards,...

How to ignore records with a duplicate ID based on a value
I hae searched the forum tono avail, so I'll ask for help. I have a table [Scope Event Table] which records events with status changes. The table uses an auto numbered primary key (not shown in the example below). It has data like this: DR_ID Event_Date Reason 12556 01/03/2008 Added 12556 01/24/2008 Closed 12874 01/05/2008 Added 14128 02/09/2008 Added I am a novice at SQL. I am trying to build a query that would pull only the DR_ID’s where the most recent Reason = “Added”. So I would want results to look like this: DR_ID Event_Date Reason 12874 01/05/2008 Added 14128 02/09/2008...

show msg if subfrm is not null
I have a form with an unbound subform that is bound to a particular form depending on which selection in the control group on the main form is chosen. When the subform is bound to one form, and it loads, I have a form that pops up as a message box, but I would like this message box to only pop up if a subform on *that subform* has a record. Confused yet? Main form: ""add_new_all" control group on main form: "frame_choose_sub" option chosen: "btn_contact_info" subform control on main form: "subf_main_blank" When the option is chosen, the 'b...

Set default values
I've set up a template where I have headers and cell validations. I want to be able to have some of the fileds in the row autopopulate once the first cell in the row is entered. Do you know of a way that I can code this using VBA. For example, A3 is populated with a value, I then want G3 to be updated with a "1". -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com In G3: =IF(A3="","",1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k In G3 use the formula =IF(A3<>"",1,"") The "" is a pair of double-quotes with no space between be...

Sending value to a cell
Hi there, I want to dump a computed value into a cell that isn't the one the calculation was done in. Can it be done from the original cell? Hi no, not with a formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "CM32134" <CM32134@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0768C79B-586C-42CB-A7AE-1A817C4CE5F5@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > I want to dump a computed value into a cell that isn't the one the > calculation was done in. Can it be done from the original cell? A worksheet formula returns a value and can do nothing else. Think...

Taking sum of a field from sub report
Hi On a sub report I have a field datetot which is the sum of two fields those two fields are in turn coming from two further sub reports of the sub report. How can I take the sum of datetot field to the main report? Thanks Regards See: Bring the total from a subreport onto a main report at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-18.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:OCWbU...

Exchange 2k7 powershell truncates multi-value properties
Greetings, I'm running the following command: Get-SendConnector -Identity "Send Connector Name" | ft -autosize -wrap -property AddressSpaces We have over 20 domains in this list. When I run this command it lists 16 of these domains and then just sticks ... at the end. If I leave out the -wrap switch the output lists only 3 domains. How can I get this command to list ALL the contents of the AddressSpaces property? Thanks Try to pipe to format-list instead. --- Shay Levy Windows PowerShell MVP http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/ScriptFanatic...

How to round the numeric value?
Kindly tell me that how can we round the numeric value? Example: 1.2 = 1.5, 1.7 = 2.0 "Salman Saeed" <Salman Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5460D85-6DEE-4EC5-8E83-A1A5E158966A@microsoft.com... > Kindly tell me that how can we round the numeric value? > Example: 1.2 = 1.5, 1.7 = 2.0 Use the RND function..... =CEILING(A1,0.5) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Salman Saeed" <Salman Saeed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5460D85-6DEE-4EC5-8E83-A1A5E158966A@microsoft.com... > Kindly...

Auto Sum + Conditional Formatting
I would like to take one cell and have it with the Auto Sum feature. Here's the catch: I have applied a simple Conditional Formatting to a number of cells. The formatting is setup for blank formatting: equal to ="" There is nothing between the quotes, which tells the formatting that if there isnt anything in the cell, then give the cell a color. If ANY value is placed in the cell, take away the color. So with that said, is there a way to have the Auto Sum feature add up those cells and tell me how many that are left that need a value? For example, if there are 60 cells to...

vlookup-Closest value
Dear Friends, How can I use Vlookup to give me the closest value greather than or equal to vlookup value.For example if my lookup value is 5 and I have 4.9 and 5.1,5.2 It chooses 5.1 and give me the corresponding value. Thank you, atatari wrote: > Dear Friends, > > How can I use Vlookup to give me the closest value greather than or equal to > vlookup value.For example if my lookup value is 5 and I have 4.9 and 5.1,5.2 > It chooses 5.1 and give me the corresponding value. > > Thank you, VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) The default behavi...

The most occurence of a value in a column
I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the most occurrence in that column? Thanks, cpliu Hi =MODE(A1:A100) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cpliu" <chanciusliuDeleteThis@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:Xns959C8C47C309BchanciusliuDeleteThi@130.133.1.4... > I have 1 to 5 as values in a column. How can I find the number with the > most occurrence in that column? > > Thanks, > > cpliu Try: =INDEX(A1:A5,MATCH(MAX(COUNTIF(A1:A5,A1:A5)),COUNTIF (A1:A5,A1:A5),0)) Array-entered, meaning press ctrl/shift/enter. H...

reformulating question regarding maximum value
I had an hour ago put a question up named "find maximum", but I had not formulated my query fully, hence this query. In each row, I want to find the second highest value in that row, and then as output give the value of that cell in the first row. For example: 1 2 6 8 6 5 4 3 2 4 5 6 3 2 3 8 6 4 5 3 7 2 3 1 The second largest value in the second row is nr 6. It is in the fourht cell of that row. The fourth cell of the first row is the value 8. This should be the output for the second row. The second largest value in the third row is the number 6. It is in the first cell of th...

Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.
I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be selected by a single command How about cond. formatting? 1. Select the range. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this: =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng)) where "rng" is a defined name for your range. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be >selected by a single command >. > What do you want to do with t...

I am making a charts with weird X-values for my Ecology cl\
i am making a chart with weird X-values. Instead of single, whole numbers, I need each value to be as follows: 1-2, 3-5, 6-10, 11-15, etc. Please help me!! My chart keeps going to whole numbers instead and its been driving me crazy for days! What chart type are you using? If you want your X-axis to be category labels, rather than actual numbers, you may find that a line chart (or one of the other chart types) is more suitable than an XY (scatter) chart, if the latter is what you are currently trying. -- David Biddulph "Holly" <Holly@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Crystal XI will not show all possible values in a parameter field
Hello: We have a Crystal XI report that has one parameter value that is a "static" rather than "dynamic". It works fine and, when you type in a value upon refreshing the report, the data is correct. We made a copy of the report, because we want a second report where the parameter value is dynamic rather than static. We do not want a range, but we do want a parameter that will show all possible values on the left and allow you to pick and choose one or more of those values. For some reason, not all of the possible values are showing in this dynamic parameter field...