Sum amount if = 2 value's

I have a spreadsheet of payment types for which I want to sum the tota
amount per type per month

A                    B                    C
Type              Amount          Month

I'm able to get the total amount per type by usin
=SUMIF(A:A,"TYPE",B:B), but can't work out how to get a total for eac
type each month

Somthing along these lines: =SUMIF((A:A,"TYPE",B:B)&C:C,"MONTH")) ????

Any idea's

--
loscherlan
loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=670

=sumproduct((a1:a1000="type")*(c1:c1000="month")*(b1:b1000))

where type is the type you want, and month is the month you want

see also

duane

duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11624
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384297

Linq, aggregate Sum problem
Hi, I figured out that I am unable to query for an aggregate function (Sum) over a column I have properly filled. The following NUnit test method will fail due to a NULL value even i think this should not be true: Provisionsabrechnung.UnitTests.Provisionsrechner.Test_Aggregate_Sum_with_Null: System.InvalidOperationException : Das Objekt mit Nullwert muss einen Wert haben. public void Test_Aggregate_Sum_with_Null() { ProvisionsabrechnungDataContext dataContext = new ProvisionsabrechnungDataContext(); Objektverkauf o1 = new Objektverk...

Max of value from DataGroup2 within DataGroup1
Hello - I have a table with data as follows below. I am trying to build a query that will give me the record with MAX of specDiffMax [value] for each TestFreq [DataGroup 2] within each TestNum [DataGroup1]. ID TestNum TestFreq specDiffMax -------------------------------------------- 4889683 Test 1 1710 3.669998 5123289 Test 1 1710 2.882999 4817314 Test 1 1710 3.102001 5134007 Test 1 1710.2 3.573002 4896056 Test 1 1710.2 3.355 4914480 Test 1 1710.2 3.515999 4889685 Test 2 1710.4 3.333 4896057 Test 2 1710.4 3.450001 4914481 Test 2 ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

Outlook startup #2
All of a sudden all our outlook client (Outlook2002/Exchange 2000) are getting the following message: "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable" with the retry and cancel options. We hit the retry option it connects to the exchange. Any ideas???? Sounds like name resolution problems. Can you ping the Exchange server, by name, from the affected workstations? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup....

Validation Rule for field values
I have a database that includes a phone number field. I want to prevent a user from creating a new record that contains a phone number that is currently in a record that exists in the database.I am using a form for data entry into the table. Somehow I'd like for there to be a check to see if the phone number typed into the phone number field to be checked against existing phone numbers in the database.I've researched various sources but haven't been able to find the solution. I'm not familiar with VB so any replies that suggest using that will probably not work for me. Sorry, j...

NO #2
Seriously Microsoft, what the fuck? I'm not saying this as some sort of mac fan or money zealot or whatever. Hell, I even worked for you once... but.. YOU ARE DEAD TO ME! Fine, stop selling Money, I don't care. BUT LEAVE YOUR GOD DAMNED SERVERS UP SO WE CAN GET ONLINE UPDATES INDEFINITELY. How much could that cost you a month? A couple thou? You throw more than that away every second repairing peoples broken Xbox 360s. This is a new freakin low. Seriously. ...

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Moving Email Domain off of Exchange #2

Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both
Combine 2 rows if name is same in Column B & C on both 2 spreadsheets - Sheet 1 is bigger with extra names in column B & C Lastname Firstname Both - Column B & C Lastname Firstname - both sheets Sheet 1 has data in Col. D & E Sheet 2 has data in Col. F & G Sheet 1 has extra names not in Sheet 2 If Sheet 1 B&C = Sheet 2 B&C , then add F&G columns from sheet 2 , behind D& E columns on sheet 1 , for the match of names in Column B & C Thanks kerns.walter@epa.gov On Nov 13, 12:50 pm, wk <kerns.wal...@epa.gov> wrote: > Combine 2 rows if name...

SDK for Microsoft POS 2.0
Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? I have noticed several companies making add-ons for modules for MS POS, are they standalone products that integrate with the POS database or are they actually integrated into the MS POS itself? Thanks for your comments. On Nov 22, 4:46=A0am, NetKnight <NetKni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know of an SDK for MS POS 2.0? > Thanks for your comments. they are standalone products integrated with the database, and also add-on integrated with SO POS/SO Manager via COM antonio ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Compile Error in hidden module: Autoexec #2
I need help when ever I opepen or close any office product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown above.... How do I fix it please help ag Take a look at this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 HTH Anders Silven "Ash" <ashrafg@sympatico.ca> skrev i meddelandet news:1574f01c446a0$4b5db2c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need help when ever I opepen or close any office > product ( excel , word etc...) I get the message shown > above.... How do I fix it please help > > ag ...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

uploading 2 or more mailboxes on 1 user account
I was able to reconnect 1 mailbox to 1 user account, but what i' looking is the way wherein i can reconnect 2 or more mailboxes into user account because instead of giving a 1:1 user account to eac person we will be replacing it and giving them an account per area Hence they already have their own personal account we will b deleting it; How can i put all their messages from their persona account into the single account that we wil be giving to them Hi, More than one mailbox per account is not possible in Exchange 200x. You can do that with Exchange 5.x Regards, -- Menko den Ouden ...

inverting data #2
Please help, I'm stuck! I conducted a survey where respondants each gave answers to 30 questions using a Likert scale i.e. they answered either 1,2,3,4 or 5 to each question. The data is in the following form: Question # q1 q2 q3 q4 q5 1 2 4 2 1 2 2 4 1 2 1 4 3 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 3 2 2 5 5 2 3 4 5 3 My problem is that half of the questions were asked in a negative direction to avoid possible response bias. For the answers to these questions, I need to reverse the answers. If the repondant answered 1, I want to record 5, if 2 then 4, if 3 then 3, if 4 then 2, if 5 then 1. Is there an...

Don't know where else to put q's. 2 questions. 11g Dongle and wire
What is and Acer WLAN 11g USB Dongle? It is some program that is on my computer and pops-up at start-up. I'v double clicked it, and nothing happens. I went on Acers site, and I can find nothing. Even some freeware mentions it, but they only talked about the freeware, not this WLAN 11g itself. And how can I tell if I have wireless or not. This seems like a nobrainer, you have it or not. But some documents on my computer mention wireless internet surfing in programs that are there. I use a high speed connection through an external modem that connects to my comuter and the w...

Reconcile Receivables Amounts
The Reconcile Receivables Amounts (option Current Customer Information) seems to update the RM00103 file to the summed information found on transactional files for that customer. How do the files get out of sync? If they should always be in sync, why is this process not an automatic process? Which files are involved with the comparison (in addition to the RM00103)? Is there a standard process to follow regarding this reconcile utility as well as the other reconcile utilities in respect to when to perform them? ...

Getting an UnBound control value into a Table field??????
I have a form that calculates a production rate in "parts per hour". This form needs to be able to differentiate between Line work, Cutter work, Side work, and Blister work. I created a drop down list for selecting the "Study Type" as listed above. I then created a text box for each "study type". When I select the "study type" each text box checks to see if the selection applies to it and makes the calculation if it does apply. The code for the "Line" study is as follows: =IIf([StudyType]="Line",2700?/[SecondsPerPart])...

Database problem #2
Hi guys, I wrote an application that reads about 50.000 records from many files and wrote these in a db. This application is really slow. Can the cause of this slowness be the reading from the files? If yes, can I resolve with 2 thread where one will makes a cache of records reads from the files and the other writes the data in the db? Tnx It's more likely to be the writing in the db that's slow, assuming that you're not processing the files as you open them. One thing that might help in this case is to close any open indexes before adding the new records, and re-create the in...

Sum every other cell?
I own a used-book shop. I have an Excel SS to track how many books pe day I sell in each of 28 categories and the $$$ I take in for eac category. So there's two columns for each day: #books & $$$. therefore want to add every odd-numbered cell in a row to get the tota number of books for a category in a given period of days and ever even-numbered cell in the same row for the the total $$$. Is there simple formula or function for this -- bookmanj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bookmanjb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?acti...

Sum of Top Values in Access Report
In an Access report, I'm presenting the top 15 cost values in the detail section. I have a counter to do start a new print page. That is working, but I also want to present the group total (=sum[netofreturns]) with the total of the top 15 values [top15only] and calculate the percentage of the top 15 to the group total (top 15/group total) in the group footer. ...

michael lalonde #2
michael lalonde mike lalonde sudbury wanderer tax solutions 3665 Arista Way http://www.freewebs.com/wandererartificialstupidity/ http://www.geocities.com/wandererartificialstupidity http://wandererartificialstupidity.tripod.com http://members.aol.com/lalonm/ http://www.wanderers.freewebweb.com/ Wanderer Tax Solutions 702 Barrydowne Road - Unit 9 Sudbury, ON P3A 3T5 705 562 2399 Barrydowne Road Sudbury, Ontario. Second Location. 1630 Agincourt Avenue Sudbury, ON. wanderer rampar wdr c64 commodore 64. jason john lalonde mike lalonde sudbury temagami lalonde jason tesker angela legrow darryl...

Learning Excel #2
A friend has asked me to recommend a resource so that he can learn more about using Excel effectively. He is using Excel 2007, but I think that Excel 2003 resources would work as well. He can manage basic formulas, but is aware that the potential is essentially infinite ... I have crawled around the web and found many tutorials, but don't really know what to recommend to him. Has anyone here used Excel tutorials? Could you recommend something? Thanks so much! Hi, look into http://www.contextures.com http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.aspx "Jinny M." wrote: > A ...