Subtotals - How do I copy just the subtotal results

I need to create a copy of the results from the subtotal field but when I
reduce to show me only the level two totals and copy this and paste to
another worksheet it copies all the hidden info as well. I tried copying to
word and back into Excel but I have the same problem. Any suggestions?
0
TaraKeane (6)

f5>special>visible cells

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Tara Keane" <TaraKeane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to create a copy of the results from the subtotal field but when I
> reduce to show me only the level two totals and copy this and paste to
> another worksheet it copies all the hidden info as well. I tried copying
> word and back into Excel but I have the same problem. Any suggestions?

0
Don

Copy/Paste VBA
Ich will eine ganze Visio Seite kopieren mit allen Verbindungen zwischen den Shape und deren Verklebungen (glue Ich habs versucht mit select all, group , copy paste und ungroup auch mit der Option bei copy/paste das es an der orignalposition positioniert werden sol abe 1) die Positionen stimmten nicht überei 2) die Verbindungen waren eingetragen aber nicht verglue Was nun einer eine Version die funktioniert und einfach is thx, mfg Daniel H. You might try Copy / Paste without doing the Group / Ungroup. Are you working with a specific set of shapes? Some Visio shapes have protections t...

Copying sorksheet formatting
How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets in a workbook? Hi one way: formating them all at the same time: - group the sheets (hold down the SHIFT key while selecting the sheets) - apply the format to a cell, column, row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany driverdriver wrote: > How do I copy worksheet formatting, inc. custom headers, > footers, column & row formatting across all the worksheets > in a workbook? You can also select the entire sheet with CTRL+A and do Edit / Copy, then group yo...

Copy and Paste question
I have a macro that copies and pastes a large amount of data. After it has run I get the question: " There is a large amount of information on the clipboard. Do you want to [keep it]?" Could someone please tell me how I can avoid this question being asked as I never wish to keep the data? Many thanks Insert this line after the pasting is done, it will clear the clipboard: Application.CutCopyMode = False hth knut egil "Richard" <rgarwell@jaguar.invalid> skrev i melding news:bpi1ee$cf71@eccws12.dearborn.ford.com... > I have a macro that copies and pastes a l...

Outlook 2003 just closes down by itself
Hi, Outlook 2003 (SP3, all updates) goes along happily, then just closes down by itself. This behaviour seems to have happened since the Microsoft April security updates, but that might not have anything to do with it. Any one have any pointers I can explore please? Thanks, Steve Maincat wrote: > Hi, > > Outlook 2003 (SP3, all updates) goes along happily, then just closes down by > itself. This behaviour seems to have happened since the Microsoft April > security updates, but that might not have anything to do with it. What happens if you load Outlook in its safe...

Downloading .pps results in .ppt
When I download a .pps file using IE8 on XP I get Microsoft Power Point opening what looks like a .ppt. Does not go automatically into a slide presentation. very irritating and FF does not do it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www...

Grouping the results of Networkdays
I am working on a workbook. Using NETWORKDAYS I have come up with the number of days between the two days with specific dates not to count. For this I have 30 worksheets coming from different schools with their own workbook. On a separate workbook I want to pull how many counted days are under 65 and how many are 65 and over. Each school has its own line to show the differences between each school. Is there a pattern of which schools are consistently over, etc. Help? Any ideas are much appreciate. Thanks fourskunks I have looked in the postings and have gotten myself lost. Summa...

Inconsistent autocomplete results
Hi everyone, Does anyone know the logic why the email address that appears in autocomplete in my last composed mail didn't appear in the current one? It is just few minutes ago & I didn't delete it.. -- CL Aloha CL, Not offhand. What version of Outlook are you using? If you start a new e-mail and carefully type the first few characters of the mysterious e-mail address does it appear? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > Hi everyone, > Does anyone know the logi...

Problem copying cell contents
I have a worksheet called Input which has text in cells A3, A30, A57, A84 etc which I want to copy to cells B4, B5, B6 etc of a worksheet called Creditors. I can type =input!A3 into cell B4 of the Creditors worksheet and get the correct answer but if I try to copy this to B5 I get =input!A4. Please can anyone tell me how to copy this but increment the cell reference by 27. Hope this makes sense! Thanks for your help. Hi Try =INDIRECT("Sheet1!A"&(ROW()-4)*27+3) Regards Roger Govier QJ wrote: > I have a worksheet called Input which has text in cells A3, A30, A57, A84...

Re: Unable to copy outlook.pst filen
"John V. Petersen" <lady@di.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <80649fa887ef4a9abd44de6b30ac7abd@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:80.160.104.147 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Lines: 1 > Path: > news.mixmin.net!proxad.net!feeder1-2.proxad.net!newshub.sdsu.edu!msrtrans!TK2MSFTFEEDS02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Xref: news.mixmin.net microsoft.public.outlook:20550 > > I have tried that again now. ...

Is there a way to copy and paste the date into worksheets
Is there a way to copy and paste dates into the worksheet withou individually typing up each one -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38137 Is there a way to insert it the date into the the worksheet tab (not th cells in the actual worksheet but the name of the worksheet itself -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: ht...

find a copy of a standard formal report lay out/template
looking for an example of a formal report template Hello pppe productivity placement program example wrote: > looking for an example of a formal report template You can find templates offered by Microsoft at the following URL: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx namely: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043361033.aspx HTH Robert -- /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT | \ / | MVP | Scientific Reports X Against HTML | for | with Word? / \ in e-mail & news | Word | ...

copy protection
I want to write software copy protection code. I don't need it to be very highly secure, but I do want it to prevent casual copying and do some things to make hacking not so easy. So a few questions. 1. I want to make the registration code be different on each PC. I think processors now have a unique ID and the MAC address of the network card could be used. How do I get access to these IDs programmatically? Are there other things I could use? 2. When you download a demo version of some s/w and it times out, you usually cannot uninstall and reinstall, because even after uninstalling, some...

Copy Cells
Hi all I have a spreadsheet which has lots of calls logged on it. Each call is logged by a person. I have a tab for each person. What i need to do is each persons tab needs to pick up the information for that person (pick it out of the main sheet which has everyones call on it). So any cell in column 'A' with the name 'Joes Bloggs' needs to copy accross to tab 'Joe Bloggs' along with the rest of the information on that line. Hope this makes sense, if you dont understand reply with a question. Thanks in advance Darren --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum...

How to copy mails stored in Drafts Folder?
Hi; I'll be leaving my employer soon and would like to "save" (on stick, on local hard disk) some mails which are in my Drafts folder. Is this possible? Grateful for any hints. Regards, Gordon Filby ...

Copying data but keeping original
Hi There! I have two spreadsheets with several rows of data on each of them, they both have header rows, with the same heading names. I want to copy the data from spreadsheet 1 ( without the header row) to the spreadsheet 2 but keeping spreadsheet 2 original data ( i.e NOT REPLACE ) i just want the data on spreadsheet 1 to be pasted on after the last line of data on spreadsheet 2; as i need to keep the existing data in spreadsheet 2. Any ideas on how I can do this with a macro or VB code? Help appreciated thanks! See Ron de Bruin's site for various copying macros. http://www.rondebrui...

How do I copy a graph and use the data in the new worksheet?
I have new data in different worksheets all with the same data format. I want to make the same graph in each worksheet using the data in that worksheet but I was hoping not to have to recreate the graph and select all the data in each worksheet. Is there a way to do this as long as the data is in the same place in each worksheet? Copy the sheet with the chart. The chart points to the new sheet's data. Copy a new set of data, and paste it over the data that the chart is pointing to, and the chart will update. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Service...

Copying a Drop Down Menu
I am making a data-entry spreadsheet. I have a drop down menu for each column, and I want to copy that drop down menu and paste it in each cell for that column. When I have tried to follow instructions on excel (copy, paste special, check validation), the top item in the menu is erased. It looks like the range is changing in each cell (i.e. =F1:F6 in F16 goes to =F2:F7 in F17, then =F3:F8 in F18). How can I copy my drop down menu and keep it the same for each cell? Thanks for your help! How about an alternative? Instead of using a dropdown from the Forms toolbar or a combob...

Copy Values From Wbk1, Outlook Them To Another PC, Paste Them Into Wbk2
WBK1 (shared) has a routine in it which opens WBK2, copies the value of WBK1-E3, pastes it into Next empty row col A-WBK2, goes back to WBK1, copies the value of WBK1-B2, pastes it into Next empty row col B- WBK2, etc, for 11 values =96 so that WBK2 ends up with a new row of 11 cell-values from WBK1. The routine then sorts the rows in WBK2 by col A (which are numbers =96 from E3), saves and closes it, goes back to WBK1 and clears the 11 cells of their values =96 ready for the next entry. I want the copying and pasting part of this to work for more users - users who don=92t have acce...

Can i print copy numbers?
At my job we must print copies of databases and keep track of them. We only print 100 copies at a time. Is there a way to make it automaticly put "1 of 100" or "copy 1 of 100" in the footer?? You could run a little macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCtr As Long For iCtr = 1 To 3 '100 when you're ready With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.RightFooter = "Copy " & iCtr & " of 100" .PrintOut preview:=True 'false when you're ready End With Next iCtr End Sub I used 1 to 3 and pri...

Outlook 2003 copying messages to folders question
I am using Outlook 2003 and have a question about filing either “incoming” or “sent” mail in any of the folders that I have created. The filing choices in mail are either to “move” or “copy”. If I choose to “copy”, Outlook will create a copy of the email and place it in the folder I have selected. If, for some reason, I forget that I’ve already filed the email in that same folder and do it again, Outlook doesn’t inform me that a copy of that email already exists in the file. As such, it is very possible to have multiple copies of the same email filed in a folder. I would lik...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...

Copy column header to next column, delete & delete every nth colum
Well SNPid Call SamID Well SNPid Call SamID Well SNPid Call SamID A01 rs10090154 C 1 A01 rs1016343 C 1 A01 rs10486567 AG 1 A02 rs10090154 C 2 A02 rs1016343 TC 2 A02 rs10486567 AG 2 A03 rs10090154 C 3 A03 rs1016343 TC 3 A03 rs10486567 G 3 Hi, My workflow was dramatically streamlined thanks to a previous question posted and the generous reply and help of members here. I have another step in my data-cleanup that requires reformatting my excel table and I would be very appreciative if I can get some help. I myself do not have the Visual Basic abilities to do this. Here is the table structur...

copying floppy disk to CD
I need to know ASAP how to copy something on my disc to CD. -- Sally Palmer Assuming CD is writeable on the machine in question, should be just like any other disk-to-disk copy. Copy it from the source disk and paste it on the CD (or drag-and- drop makes a copy, too). CD max data capacity is about 600-650 MB - don't try to copy more than it'll hold. Hope this helps. >-----Original Message----- >I need to know ASAP how to copy something on my disc to CD. >-- >Sally Palmer >. > ...

Subtotals #2
When the value in column A changes, I need the amount- subtotals for each of the values in columns B and C. (See sample spreadsheet below For example, for "687223007-5", I need: For "19-038": $ 388.89 For "68-1366": 30.36 For "68-1378": 3.51 For "68-1856": 12.72 For "68-2232": 332.91 For "68-4115": 353.20 (Keep in mind that, for the value in column A, the number of entries in columns B and C may range from 1 to ???). Gary A B C ...

Copy formatted text but not headers/footers
I have the following VBA code to copy some text from between Word documents (I'm familiar with VBA but not the Word object library): Const PLACEHOLDER_TEXT As String = "||ADD TEXT HERE||" ' Copy from source to clipboard docSource.Activate docSource.Sections(x).Range.Copy ' Paste from clipboard to target docTarget.Activate Selection.Find.Execute PLACEHOLDER_TEXT, , , , , , True, WdFindWrap.wdFindContinue Selection.Paste What I want is for the section's formatted text to be copied/pasted into the existing section in the target document so that the...