Subtotals #12

I have a spreadsheet and have used the subtotal (Data --> Subtotals).  I have
chosen to subtotal dollar amount for a particular vendor number, however the
names of the vendors does not appear then.  How can I get the name of the
vendor to appear as well?

Thanks,
0
TJAC (7)

Instead of subtotals, you could use a pivot table to summarize the data.
Jon Peltier has instructions and links on his web site:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm

Add Vendor number and Vendor name to the row area, and put the dollar
field into the data area, where it will become Sum of Dollars.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Identities 12-18-09
I get a message box when trying to open my Windows Mail. It states Dial up Connection, which service do you want to use, automatically connect, connect, settings, cancel. This occurred when I downloaded Internet Explore 8. I used to have a dial up connection in virginia, however I am high spped Internet here in Michigan. I can not send or receive emails now, and can't get rid of that box. Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. What does it show for connection? You should leave that setting unselected, in which case WM will use=20 whateve...

Office 12.1.7 Won't Install
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am running a valid, up-to-date version of Office 2008 for Mac. Microsoft AutoUpdate tells me that the 12.1.7 Update is available, but when I download it either through the Update program or separately, it will not install. When we reach the destination volume, it tells me that a version to update was not found. Any suggestions short of reinstalling (which requires that I go all the way back to Office X)? > I am running a valid, up-to-date version of Office 2008 for Mac. Microsoft AutoUpdate tells me that the 12.1....

Font Issue 12-02-09
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342594207_5220299 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Since posting a message about the troublesome upgrade to 10.6 regarding fonts, my problems have increased. While Word 2004 seems to be relatively OK, Excel 2004 is definitely not OK. The font has changed on my saved documents and is inconsistent. Some lines will be one size and others another size. And I cannot get it to change to t...

Outlook Web Access #12
I have a question concerning Microsoft Outlook Web Access. How can I transfer my database (address book....) in Outlook Express into Microsoft Outlook Web Access? I have been told that the only way is to manually enter each one by one. I would appreciate any feedback on this concern. Thank you. Regards, Stephen ...

Shared workbook 01-12-10
Three users are sharing one workbook. User A changes A1 on a worksheet and User B and User C see the change in A2. What is causing this? "SueW" wrote: > Three users are sharing one workbook. User A changes A1 on a worksheet, saves the worksheet. User B and User C save and see the change in A2. > What is causing this? ...

Detail Section 12-03-09
There is a gap between the Group Header and the Detail section. The Detail section is bumped up to the last field in the header. How can I remove this gap? I would set the background color of everything to see why/what is creating the gap and then fix it. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Karen" wrote: > There is a gap between the Group Header and the Detail section. The Detail > section is bumped up to the last field in the header. How can I remove this > gap? Hi Karen, Could you please send me (changliw_at_microsoft_dot_com) your access f...

11.4.0 update from 2/12/2008
I downloaded and installed the latest update (11.4.0) for Office 2004 and afterward noticed that my hard drive was very noisy. I then got a message that my hard drive was full. I shut my MacBook down and restarted it. I then went to Finder and saw that I had only 828.9MB of space left. This is a brand new MacBook with a 160GB drive on it. Before downloading and installing this update, I had over 102GB of free space. What has Microsoft Office done with all of my disk space? I'm new to Macs so how can I find the files that would be taking up all of this space? I'd appreciate any input on...

MVPs: Why do 10.1.5 preferences survive after trashing 12? #2
This message posted earlier today is being re-sent because the thread of the original was corrupted. ------------------------ Despite removing 12 Office X 10.1.5 preferences and emptying the trash, when I re-launch Entourage, my old preferences have survived, such as General Preferences/Fonts. How do I get rid of the ghost of the old preferences and return to the Entourage default preferences? (I'm trying to deal with a font issue in which a condensed font I have not selected in any preferences comes up when addressing Entourage email.) These are the preferences I dumped from my persona...

Need help with subtotals
I have a spreadsheet of invoices and the items that are on the invoice I sort by invoice number and subtotal by invocie which gives me a total of each invoice - invoice number and total on same line what I want to do is copy the list of invoice numbers and their totals to a new spreadsheet - the problem is when I do this the items on the invoice copy over as well. What can I do? Assuming the table is collapsed to suit Select the range Press F5 > Special > Visible cells only > OK Right-click on the selection > Copy Then just go to the new sheet > paste -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- ...

anyone else having problems with the 12.1.9 "autoupdate"? #2
Hi all... The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine. The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater itself never actually launches. Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing? Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9? The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this is just the auto-update that's not working now. - Steve You're right, the auto-update fail. It should be pulled or a message sent instructing to update by downloading directly...

Intelligent Message Filter #12
Hey folks. I have a Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003. I recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 SP1 and was looking forward to implementing the IMF, but it seems I that IMF wasn't fully installed by SP1! Specifically, I do have an IMF tab under the Mail Delivery options, but when I expand my server and look under SMTP, there is no IMF icon! All the screenshots and instructions I have seen have indicated that there should be an IMF icon directly under the "Default SMTP Virtual Server" but it isn't there. Any idea how I can get around this? Sorry, correction to this....

Media Sharing 12-07-09
I am trying to move the current media from my Windows XP driven PC to my PS3 wirelessly on the same wireless network. The Windows Media 11 recognizes the PS3 device, but would not permit me to "Allow" the PS3 to media share. Can someone help??? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 19:13:01 -0800, Kenny <Kenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to move the current media from my Windows XP driven PC to my PS3 >wirelessly on the same wireless network. The Windows Media 11 recognizes the >PS3 device, but would not p...

Column headings #12
I am starting a new Excel spreadsheet and want to put text into the column headings. Please tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks. If you mean you want to replace the A, B, C etc that display in gray at the top of each column then: NO CAN DO. If your desire to do so is because you want your column labels to always be visible at the top of the screen, look in the Help file for info on freezing panes "Bridge" wrote: > I am starting a new Excel spreadsheet and want to put text into the column > headings. Please tell me how to accomplish this. Thanks. Actually ther...

Windows Live Calendar 12-22-09
I went to http://calendar.live.com and imported some .ics files into my Windows Live Calendar from my old Windows Calendar from VISTA using the "Subscribe" feature. Everything seemed to work fine. However, when I then opened my Windows Live Mail program, everything there worked fine, EXCEPT when I clicked to open the Calendar portion, the entire program crashes. Does it everytime. What's going on and how can I fix it. -- Ed65 Are the imported calendars viewable at calendar.live.com and the data intact ? Are you using the same Live ID(that was used at calend...

subtotals on every user
I have an excel spreadsheet showing all my staff and what they output last week. Numerous staff work in more than one location and therefore when compiled there are several lines for them with about 30 columns of totals for each output type. I am looking for a macro to sort the combined sheet into alphabetical order, delete any blank lines or ones with '0' then replace any users with more than one record with just one total row. Hi Post some sample data, along with the result you are looking for. If desired, you can mail me a sample workbook with a description o...

Slow Subtotaling
Running on a P4 2.8 GHz w/1 GB RAM... Excel 2003. I have a worksheet w/roughly 9000 rows and 18 columns of data. When subtotaling the data, my CPU is maxing out, while RAM seems to be fine. The process is taking too long (up to a minute) to calculate the subtotals. The behavior gets worse as additional subtotals are added. Has anyone experienced this? Is thier anything that I can do to improve performance? Thank you. try using sumproduct instead with the parameters of the filter. Example. =sumproduct((rngA="a")*(rngB=1)*rngC) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

Windows Live Messenger 12-15-09
I had an old version of Windows Live, when I went to sign in it told me I needed to update it. I've tried 4 times and it will not installIt gives me a message C;/Windows/Installer/Install_(508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F03B0).msi This also comes up if I try to uninstall old one. Can anyone help. "Dimples" wrote: > I had an old version of Windows Live, when I went to sign in it told me I > needed to update it. I've tried 4 times and it will not installIt gives me a > message > C;/Windows/Installer/Install_(508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F...

user name and password 12-14-09
Help! can anyone tell me why recently I am asked for a user name amd password when opening windows mail, this started recently. I can't log on. Thanks -- scollins Having same problem only started today . I have trend anti virus never had any trouble before. Now every time i log onto mail i need to put in my acc and password? Bizzare any help would be appreciated! -- seanokil check your settings for it to remember your password and disable trend email scanner.. -- ashvin :D Just chill -pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to...

SMTP Connector #12
Hi, I have an exchange 2003 (standard) server that hosts multiple domains. 5 of those domains are not authorative, and I have set up SMPT connectors that relay any mail that is not claimed by my server to another exchange server (that I have no control over). The first three of these connectors work perfectly, the last two I created always give me the following error You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <tkw2dc1.mth.co.nz #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for joe@domain,com> tkw2dc1 is my server. All the d...

test #12
test It's working, we can see your message. "aamir" <aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2205DFE9-D7F5-4CC1-91F1-D75EEF9871E9@microsoft.com... > test ...

Sub Forms 10-12-07
I have a main form with a field for age it also has 2 sub forms on it 1 sub form always needs to be displayed no matter what, but the other one is dependant on age. If the age is greater than 25 subform 2 does not appear, if the age is below 25 subform 2 appear. How can I did this. speak clearly as still learning to use access. Use the main form's Current event to test the age value, and then set the Visibility of that second subform control based on the test result. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "feeman" <feehally128@feehally128.karoo.co.uk> wrote in...

WMP 12 Doesn't have WMP Toolbar?!
I have version 12.0.7600.16415 of Windows Media Player for Windows 7, and I can't find the WMP Toolbar. (So that when you minimize the player, the controls appear on the taskbar.) Does anyone know if there's a way to turn it on? I heard someone say that the feater isn't even on this version, which to be frank, kind of sucks. (And in my opinion, the fact that I can control it in tumbnail view isn't a good enough trade-off... I want the toolbar back!) If there isn't currently a way to turn it on, we need to contact Microsoft and ask them to make an update t...

WMP 12, Auto Playlist, combine criteria using Or
Hi @all, I couldn't figure out how to combine criteria using "or". The default setting is "and", which makes little sense to me. For instance, assume you might want to create a playlist that comprises more than one artist or more than one genre - how do you do that? TIA, Chris Auto playlists are explained pretty well at http://thewelltemperedcomputer.com/SW/WMP/Playlist.htm . Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk thalur wrote: > Hi @all, > I couldn't figure out how to combine criteria using "or". The default ...

Table partition for each week 12-10-09
I am looking to partition my table for 52 weeks (Per week) , could you please help the best way to achieve that in SQL 2005/2008? Thanks!! http://blogs.msdn.com/craigfr/archive/2006/11/27/introduction-to-partitioned-tables.aspx http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/sql-server-2005/partitioned-tables-in-sql-server-2005/ "sacgar" <sacgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCBDA07-7F79-4FAB-A39C-D63B3CCD37E4@microsoft.com... >I am looking to partition my table for 52 weeks (Per week) , could you >please > help the best way to achieve t...

Recipient Update Service #12
We have a Windows 2000 domain which has 3 domain controllers each of them is a global catalog and there is 1 Exchange 2000 server. Anytime that we reboot the DCs and the Exchange server, there is a problem when we create new mailboxes. When we open the mailbox in Outlook, it says that it cannot connect to the server; existing mailboxes are OK. So, we have to go the Exchange System Manager and change the domain controller that both the Recipient Update Service (Enterprise) and Recipient Update Service (Domain) uses. After changing, new mailboxes can logon. Has anyone encountered this...