Subtotal Lines in the wrong place Excel 2003

When nesting subtotals in Excel 2003, the subtotal lines are not in the
correct position.  Is there a fix or a work around for this problem?

Example:

Craft Code     Crew      Count
BA                 Elec              1
BA                 Elec              1
BA Total                             2
                      Elec Total     2

0
k2quayle (2)

Hi
AFAIK you should start with the subtotal for the right-most column and
then add the other columns step by step

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"k2quayle" <k2quayle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> When nesting subtotals in Excel 2003, the subtotal lines are not in
the
> correct position.  Is there a fix or a work around for this problem?
>
> Example:
>
> Craft Code     Crew      Count
> BA                 Elec              1
> BA                 Elec              1
> BA Total                             2
>                       Elec Total     2

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/5/2004 6:44:08 PM
I followed the instructions that I found in another post (see below) and my
problem seems to be fixed.  Thanks
I got in contact with Microsoft and there is a fix for this that
requires an update to the registry to tell Excel 2003 to use the Excel
97 subtotal method since the new code subtotals incorrectly. I updated
my registry and the subtotaling now works. The registry entry that
needs to be added is:

Add the following registry key to -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\office\11\excel\options

Dword = Excel97Subtotals

Value = 1

Be sure to backup the registry before updating.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> AFAIK you should start with the subtotal for the right-most column and
> then add the other columns step by step
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> "k2quayle" <k2quayle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > When nesting subtotals in Excel 2003, the subtotal lines are not in
> the
> > correct position.  Is there a fix or a work around for this problem?
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > Craft Code     Crew      Count
> > BA                 Elec              1
> > BA                 Elec              1
> > BA Total                             2
> >                       Elec Total     2

0
k2quayle (2)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Excel 2007

How do I get OL 2003 to back up everythihg in it automatically
I am trying to find out if there is a possibility in Outlook 2003 to save and back up all my Outlook 2003 Info , including contacts, e-mails (received and send) automatically rather than having to do it manually everytime I exit the program? you can use a script and make a copy before you open outlook or use a backup tool to make a copy of the pst and your other files as needed. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ ...

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Excel not Access