strange error on saving

On several, but not all, workbooks, when I save I get a
box up with the message:

"The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another
user since you last saved it.  In that case, what do you
want to do? ()Save a copy () Overwrite changes."

Tried searching the knowledge base with no luck.  Has
anyone else seen this?  Do you have a cure?

jlb

Have a look at this KB Article

"The file may have been changed..." error when you save work�book to network
server in Excel 2002

Myrna Larson also reported that she got this error when opening a workspace
(*.xlw) file.

Opening the workbooks individually solved the problem.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 11:00:44 -0800, "jlbreyer" <john.breyer@goodrich.com>
wrote:

>On several, but not all, workbooks, when I save I get a
>box up with the message:
>
>"The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by another
>user since you last saved it.  In that case, what do you
>want to do? ()Save a copy () Overwrite changes."
>
>Tried searching the knowledge base with no luck.  Has
>anyone else seen this?  Do you have a cure?
>
>jlb

0
Gord
3/31/2005 9:41:37 PM
Thanks.  That looks like the problem I'm having, since=20
all the files I'm having a problem with are on a network=20
drive. (which is backed up, unlike my desktop)
jlb

work=ADbook to network=20
>server in Excel 2002=20
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=3D324491=20
>
>Myrna Larson also reported that she got this error when=20
opening a workspace=20

<john.breyer@goodrich.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On several, but not all, workbooks, when I save I get a=20
>>box up with the message:=20
>>
>>"The file 'filename.xls' may have been changed by=20
another=20
>>user since you last saved it.  In that case, what do=20
you=20
>>want to do? ()Save a copy () Overwrite changes."
>>
>>Tried searching the knowledge base with no luck.  Has=20
>>anyone else seen this?  Do you have a cure?
>>
>>jlb
>
>.

Errors saving to network drive

Saving toolbar changes

Error loading XML into DataSet

Publisher can not save file

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Excel error 1706

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Saving document downloaded from email
I downloaded a word 2007 document from a windows mail email yesterday by double clicking on it and opening in word 2007. I then worked on the document and clicked "save". Today I cannot find the document on the computer, it seems that it has not saved. Can anyone explain what has gone wrong? Thanks Catherine If you use Word and Outlook 2007 this should no longer happen as the combination does not allow you to save to a temporary location With other e-mail applications, it is anyone's guess what might occur. You should never open Word attachments directly from e-m...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

XML Serialization Error of Collection
// Can anyone explain the bizarre XML Serialization behavior seen in the following code. // It seems that a collection can not be XML Serialized if it contains an Add() method // with a single parameter where that parameter is of a type in the System.Data namespace // (or a class derived from something in the System.Data namespace). // Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up? using System; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace XMLStub { /// <summary>A simple class that holds a collection of ints.</summary>...

How do I save a header?
I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a new file. Any suggestions? Try a look in the Excel Help under 'Create a Template'. Saving the header in the template should mean each time you open that template the header will be there. Regards, Tom "Global10" wrote: > I need to permanently save a header and it will never save once I open up a > new file. Any suggestions? Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish including your print settings.........group the sheets before setup so's all sheets get same Heade...

Add a secondary administration group error c1041721
I have added a new administration group for a sub site in Japan and now I am getting the following error: The action could not be completed because the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is unavailable. Operation: Retrieving mount information ID no: c1041721 Exchange Sytem Manger I get this error when I try and drill down to the new admin group to the First Storage Group. I only get this message on machines on my side of the network. If I remote to the mail server in the new site I am able to drill all the way down and see the mailboxes. I can also see our main site informat...

Saving Pictures
I read all the info on the forum about saving pictures but when I open Power Poing, I don't get the usual buttons at the top. It opens to a page layout with Home, Insert, Page layout and so on. When I try to open the email just to see what files are in it, it shows the slide show. -- Gary So, first save it to your hard drive. Then open PowerPoint Then Open the file within PPT "skydiver9696" <skydiver9696@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 396594B0-40D7-4D7F-A560-6F93662A8D57@microsoft.com... >I read all the info on the forum abou...

Error: msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows
Dear all, I get error mesage "msaccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows" when preview report. I'm using Access 2000 and Windows 2000. Thanks. Regards, Vensia ...