Strange "button" - please help.

I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted
from the application database, which I did OK.
My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not
created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it,
like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it
appears to be a normal command-button.
What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that?

0
BEDE (5)

Ok, I finally found the answer.

"BEDE" wrote:

> I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted
> from the application database, which I did OK.
> My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not
> created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it,
> like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it
> appears to be a normal command-button.
> What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that?

0
BEDE (5)
1/7/2005 4:23:15 PM
Thanks for the tip of using this code:

Set AssObj = Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects(1)
AssObj.Delete

I put it in the WhenSelectionChange for the given sheet. And I deleted it
after it did the trick.
Yet, I still think there should have been a non-coding solution: if it's
something visual, why not to be able to manipulate it with the mouse, like
any picture, chart, &c? How about that, Microsoft?

"BEDE" wrote:

> I got an .xls from someone and had to populate some cells with data extracted
> from the application database, which I did OK.
> My problem is the fact that the .xls came with something like a button (not
> created by me) that I want to delete, but simply can't. I can't select it,
> like I can do with the forms controls I'm used to work with, although it
> appears to be a normal command-button.
> What could that object be? And how could I simply get rid of that?

0
BEDE (5)
1/7/2005 4:29:05 PM
BEDE

If the button was created from the Control Toolbox you must be in "design"
mode to manipulate the button.

View>Toolbars>Control Toolbox.  Top left button is the "design mode" button.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 08:29:05 -0800, "BEDE" <BEDE@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Yet, I still think there should have been a non-coding solution: if it's
>something visual, why not to be able to manipulate it with the mouse, like
>any picture, chart, &c? How about that, Microsoft?

0
Gord

view options in "draf" + "zoom" button under "view"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) When I'm writing in the &quot;draft&quot; view option, then the text is totally at the left. There is a lot of space on the right of my screen that is not being used. I can fill that space if I zoom in &quot;250&quot;, but that's too much for me. Instead I would like to have the same size of my letters as in let's say 150%, but I'd like the text to spread over the entire bredth of my screen! Is that possible??? Otherwise it really becomes too tiring for me to keep on working on these long texts all...

Excel Save / Saveas / Tools- Customize buttons not working
When I click on Save or Saveas button in Excel there is no response from it. My OS is Win ME. How do I solve it. I have re-installed Office but the problem still remains. Hi Brian! With a re-installation of Office it looks like one of two things: A macro in your Personal.xls file Or A case of the NIMDA virus. Try out virus removal first as it is quicker than another re-install. Here's the site for downloads of various virus removal tools: http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html You'll see Nimbda in the right hand side list twice. You should download both...

Change an underlying query paramaters by button on a form
Hi, I have a form that is bound to a query. The form displays a list of servers and a count of errors that have occured on each server. I also have two buttons on my form, one which is labelled 'All' and the other is labelled 'Errors Only'. I have modified the query (via the QBE grid) to allow for both situations, and copied the SQL as follows: When I click the 'All' button, I would like the following SQL to run: SELECT Full_Compare_Q.BTSContactGroup, Full_Compare_Q.Server, Full_Compare_Q.RecID, Abs(Sum(Services.Valid)) AS ErrorCount, IIf([Ping...

Outlook Send/Receive button
When I click the Send / Receive button I get an "Operation Failed" error. I can send emails and receive emails. Does anyone know what might be the problem?? Your install could be corrupted. Try running "detect and repair" unde help. Be sure you have your software disk for Office ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com ...

Msgbox cancel button
Hello! I'm fairly new to Access and VB and I've been getting along alright but I've run into a problem with a message box I set up in my form. Situation: the field FvsNF will always be filled out. Depending on the answer (yes or no) certain fields become enabled or disabled. The problem is if a user decides to change their answer for FvsNF after filling out the wrong fields. The incorrect fields need to go back to zero if they decide to proceed with that action. However if they don't want to proceed I want to give them an out without losing their entries. The code I hav...

option button
Hi I need some help! I have a column with results from a survey. The results are in text but do have a ranking, e.g. the results can be A,B,C,D or E. I now want to create an option button or similar where I can let the user choose to cap the results so e.g. the maximum result is a B and then all A results should show up as B's. Is this possible? Thanks You'll need a helper column to do this. Try something like this: =IF(B3<=C$1,C$1,B3) B3 is the survey result, C1 is the "Cap" value. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Andreas" wrote: > Hi > > I need som...

Excel button problem

Delete button missing on HQ Global Customers list
I have a strange problem with HQ Manager. All PC's and Server are running HQ 1.3.1002. When all but one user with admin level access opens HQ Manager, enters maintenance mode, and clicks Database, Global Customers, the Delete button is visible for a split second and then vanishes. The one user that can see and use the Delete button can use it from any PC, so it appears to be related to the user account, except that the button is missing when running HQ Manager on the Server. As far as I can tell, the users that cannot see the Delete button have exactly the same permissions and level. There...

Button enabled ?
How can I find out if a button (on a dialog) had been enabled / disabled Use CWnd::GetStyle() and check for WS_DISABLED Normand "JackRnl" <Hccnet@Runit.Scarlet.nl> a �crit dans le message de news: 401e13f8$0$138$3a628fcd@reader2.nntp.hccnet.nl... > How can I find out if a button (on a dialog) had been enabled / disabled > > CButton class is derived from CWnd. So you can check that using CWnd::IsWindowEnabled() function. Hello, Try this BOOL bEnable = mybutt.EnableWindow(); if(bEnable) { //Do something now that the window is enabled ..... ..... //...

Option Buttons to Pass Criteria to Query
Hello, I have a form that has some unbound controls that pass criteria to a query that displays in the lower half of the form. One of the fields I have criteria for is a yes/no field called invalidEmail. The values are yes if the email is invalid; no if the email is valid. In the query, I want the user to be able to display (1) only records with invalid emails or (2) only records with valid emails or (3) all records. I tried a form checkbox where in the query, the criterion is forms.fm__.checkbox, but that will only give me displays 1 and 2. So, I tried 3 option buttons, but b...

Userform Command Button
In a Userform, I have multiple command buttons. For example: D1_Click D2_Click Depending on another event that occurs, I want to calculate in code the button name that I will be triggering the click event and then trigger the event. For example Application.Run "D" & i & "_Click" with i being the value of 1 or 2. Application.Run doesn't appear to work in the Userform. Thanks Steve Maybe it's because most subroutines in a userform module are "Private"??? Have you tried changing the "Private" prefix to "...

Macro Command Button
I'm trying to assign a command button on the worksheet to a macro. If I read the help instructions correctly it states to put a command button on the worksheet then 'right click the command button and select shortcut to macro'. I don't get a shortcut option when I right-click the command button????? I've to 2 macros created and working but I'm unable to setup the button. Help anyone....thanks There are two buttons that look alike, but behave differently. It sounds like you used the commandbutton from the Control toolbox toolbar. Delete those and grab a button f...

opening new pages no minimize button
When I try to open a new page in MS Word an entire new page with title bar comes up. This is not a seperate page opening within Word but a new Word open .. Verses Excel when you open aa new page, it comes up within the program. I noticed when the new page is up-there is not a miminze button on that page. Are you using Word 2007? If so, click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Advanced category, clear the "Show all windows in the Taskbar" option (found under "Display"). If you are using Word 2003, the corresponding option ("Windows in ...

Adding pop up help on command buttons
I have several buttons on a form which a user can use to navigate around my database. I'd like to have a textbox that I will appear at the bottom of the form that will change whenever the user hovers above one of the control buttons. How is the best way I can achieve this? -- TIA If you put some text in the button's ControlTip Text property, it will pop up as if by magic when the mouse hovers over the button. "tsison7" <tsison7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26132903-5F9F-456A-B8A5-0ED0D0F32F49@microsoft.com... >I have several buttons on ...

Regarding button not shown
Hi, Does anyone know what to do when the Regarding button does not appear after you pressed the crm email button? I have a problem on one machine, the others are working fine. Thanks ...

F9 Button Macro
Is it possible to make a button which acts as an alternative for pressing F9 to create new random variables? If yes, how do I go about it? F9 recalculates. You could add a button from the Forms toolbar to a worksheet. Assign it this macro: Option explicit sub myRecalc() application.calculate end sub Andrew McLeod wrote: > > Is it possible to make a button which acts as an alternative for pressing F9 > to create new random variables? > > If yes, how do I go about it? -- Dave Peterson Toolsw>Customize>Commands>Tools There are two buttons available. Calc...

ToolTips for Buttons inside GroupBoxes
I have a dialog based application there I handle the TTN_NEEDTEXT notification messages. .... ON_NOTIFY_EX(TTN_NEEDTEXT, 0, MyFunc) .... This works for all controls inside the dialog if I build the application with VC6. If I build the application with VS.NET there are no notifications messages being send from controls inside of GroupBoxes. All controls have the same parent window (verified with Spy++). Does anybody know how to fix this problem? MassaRoddel ...

menu buttons don't display menu
Menu buttons when pushed by mouse don't display menu on the file, edit, etc menu bar. This occurs in all Microsoft 2003 applications except Outlook express which is also running slow like the others. ...

JavaScript on delete button
Hi all, Can i write JavaScript on delete button (in tool bar). suppose in account record, user clicked on contacts ( left navigation pan ). Now in the list of the records, User selects any contact and clicks on the delete button ( in tool bar). On click of the delete button i want to trigger my jScript to update few fields in parent (Account) form. Any ideas?? How to achieve this ? Thanks in advance. You could add your JavaScript to the onload code of the account form, and set the onclick event of the delete button to your code, but you will run into issues pretty quickly because...

Option Buttons Help
I hope I can explain my problem if you need further details please advise: I have 6 Option Buttons (Form Control) on a worksheet, when I click (Checked) any of them the rest automatically unchecked themselves, how can I modify them, since I want to create two groups of 3 Option Button on each group so if I click (checked) any of the Option Button in a group of 3 it does not unchecked any of the Option Buttons on the other group of 3? Thanks in Advance Saul Put each group into its own groupbox (also on that Forms toolbar). sAYk wrote: > > I hope I can explain my problem if you n...

Why does 'Ignore All' button still spell check
Only talking about new emails for now and using Outlook as the editor. Say thare are 3 spelling errors in a NEW email. The first one is picked up and I then click on IGNORE ALL button. However the spell checker does NOT ignore all and keeps popping up on the other two spelling errors. Am I misunderstanding IGNORE ALL? -- Regards Tom Hi Tom, IGNORE ALL means ignore all following instances of that particular error. To do what you apparently want click Cancel to end the spell check. Outlook will ask you if you want to send anyway. Click Yes. Sincerely, Gene "ThomasAJ" <Th...

How to get ID of a button & bitmap in a BitmapButton???
Hii all, I am using BitmapButtons in my application and I want to get the ID of the button aswell as the bitmap placed on it using a CWnd pointer to it.If this is not feasible please do help me with how to get a handler to button & bitmap so that I could use the GetDlgCtrlID() function to retrieve the button/bitmap ID’s. A big Thanxxxxxxxxxxxx in advance, Gov. ----- Well if you have a CWnd pointer to the Button. (I think you answered your own question on this one) pButton->GetDlgCtrlID(); or GetDlgCtrlID(pButton->m_hWnd); As far as the Bitmap ID goes, that information is not ...

send button missing
Outlook 2003 I reinstalled and now the send button is missing in Mail. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. I got it. I didn't have an email account setup. "SAC" <some@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OSZ4mG4UIHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > I reinstalled and now the send button is missing in Mail. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks for your help. > ...

Change Name of Command Button
How can I change the name of a command button to text entered in cell a1? -- comotoman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ comotoman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27292 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477556 try this highlight the cell edit-copy right click commandbutton while in design mode click <properties> highlight name now edit -pastespecial hit enter toggle design mode "comotoman" <comotoman.1x5sih_1129741514.3488@excelforum-nospam.com&g...

Cancel Button not working
I have a message pop up when a command button is pressed to run a report. The problem is the cancel button is not cancelling the action. It still runs the report like you pressed ok. What am I missing? Response = MsgBox("Approximate wait time is 5 minutes." _ & Chr(10) & Chr(13) & _ "Push OK to continue,Cancel to Quit", 1) -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 Perhaps you need to go back and look at Access Help for MsgBox! Your posted ...